View Poll Results: How do you feel about gay marriage?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It should be legal

39 34.51%
  • It should not be legal

17 15.04%
  • Undecided

5 4.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8151617

Thread: Gay marriage, yay!

Welcome to the 21st century America!
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Congrats to those who are now able to get married it really should have been like that for decades now.

Now the whiny asses on the right say the must push for the "right to disagree"

Idiots, no rights have been taken away from you.
    If they are SO concerned about marriage then deal with divorce laws you effing idiots
    Just more proof the right is completely out of touch with reality

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Now the whiny asses on the right say the must push for the "right to disagree"

Idiots, no rights have been taken away from you.
    If they are SO concerned about marriage then deal with divorce laws you effing idiots
    Just more proof the right is completely out of touch with reality
    People can disagree with whatever they want to for whatever reason; they still have the right to do that. I gather from a couple of headlines that some people\organizations\institutions - mainly charities (go figure) and religious based organizations are concerned that their ability to discriminate in hiring\admissions\codes of conduct, etc might be impacted. Personally; I think that if a private person or organization that gets no public (government) money wants to discriminate; so be it. Otherwise, those cards are now off the table.

Is there any reason that any of you guys can think of that people would be opposed to gay marriage or gay rights that doesn't involve religious beliefs? I just can't think of any; I'm just asking.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I think it's great... and it's about time !!!
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Soooooooooooooooooooooo happy about this! And congratulations to everybody who can now get hitched and enjoy the same misery . . . ehm, I mean of course marital bliss . . . that has long been taken for granted by everybody else! Especially our fearless leader and the other members upthread!

So happy about this and it was perfect timing for Pride weekend here in Minneapolis. I too am an ally and I hung out with my friends for all 3 days of festivities. It was fun and everyone was so happy. I was a little worried about some kind of attack (and I'm usually not paranoid about that kind of stuff) but everything was fine. The only incident I heard of was a church group that were giving out free fruit at the parade and then "tagging" people with either paint or glitter to find later in the park to preach to. Some group with ties to Exodus who claim they have converted 44 people back from "the lifestyle" after last year's parade.

So, to the people who have a problem with it based on religion, all I have had to say is this. If we are going to pick and choose parts of the bible to believe in and follow, why not pick the parts about loving people and not judging them. And if it is truly a sin, that will be taken care of on judgement day, it's nothing for you to worry about now. Personally, I think judgement day is going to go a lot differently than many people think it will. My God judges by what is in the heart and the intent of your soul. This is not a religious issue anyway, our country is founded on the basis of having things like this not be based on religion. If you are a citizen of this country you deserve the same rights as any other citizen, that's that. It has nothing to do with religion and should not.

Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

Is there any reason that any of you guys can think of that people would be opposed to gay marriage or gay rights that doesn't involve religious beliefs? I just can't think of any; I'm just asking.
    Several years ago I actually knew a few folks who voted against for same sex marriages even though they were gay themselves because they believed that there were way too many male same sex couples who are into open relationships and to allow legal gay marriage while they refuse to be monogamous was simply just not right. The funny thing about this is that I myself know a lot more hetrosexual couples who have open relationships than I do gay couples

Just saw a funny meme a little while ago about some woman who stops cleaning long enough to dole out an insane rant about gay marriage. It's a hoot! Anyone else seen it?

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    People can disagree with whatever they want to for whatever reason; they still have the right to do that. I gather from a couple of headlines that some people\organizations\institutions - mainly charities (go figure) and religious based organizations are concerned that their ability to discriminate in hiring\admissions\codes of conduct, etc might be impacted. Personally; I think that if a private person or organization that gets no public (government) money wants to discriminate; so be it. Otherwise, those cards are now off the table.

Well, how about "because it's yucky"? That's a reason I've heard more than once. It doesn't seem to be founded on religion or even philosophy, although I suppose that by a stretch of the imagination it could be framed as an argument based on natural law.

SPAM
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-28-2018 at 10:02 AM.