Thread: Alice Ghostley

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest

Alice Ghostley

I was so bummed to hear about her passing. She was always one of my favorite veteran character actresses.

Scott-PLEASE find something out about her last days and her to the directory. Pretty please???

RIP Alice, you were one of the great ones and are missed.

kelbons Guest
    I just love the episode of "Designing Women" where she wore the tree skirt!!

Did she have a cameo in To Kill A Mockingbird?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

She was funny as hell in Designing Women. I also loved the tree skirt episode.

motherogod Guest
    She went to the University of Oklahoma for a short time... I never knew that until after she died. I always loved her, even before hearing she was a fellow Sooner!

"Look at me... I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree..." when she was working the drive-thru to help out Mary Jo on Designing Women.

Also, was that her as Mike T.V.'s mom in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I know I could look it up, but that's no fun!

Darrianne Guest
    I really loved her on Designing Women too. One of my favorite episodes is Bernice's compentency hearing........great stuff.

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Did she have a cameo in To Kill A Mockingbird?

Yes she did. A very small part as I recall. And no, she did not appear in Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory.

I remember once on the Carol Burnett Show when Carol did her Q & A she saw Alice sitting in the audience and introduced her. That was really a hoot. I guess Alice must've been a fan of Carol's!

That WAS her! I thought so..thank you!

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    That WAS her! I thought so..thank you!

You're very welcome

Alice is now on Findadeath now

Jaxxx Guest
    Alice played Dill Harris' aunt in To Kill A Mockingbird, she was just a pleasure in everything she did.

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post

THANK YOU SCOTT.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Thanx!!!

Jazbabee Guest
    Thanks for adding her to the FAD directory Scott !!!!!

Elizabeth Guest

Unhappy She Will Be Missed

I loved her as Esmerelda, and in "Grease"...classic!!!

daniel wright Guest

Alice Ghostley and Henryetta, Oklahoma

Alice Ghostley grew up in a little town about 60 miles outside of Tulsa called Henryetta. There are a few bill boards proclaiming the fact outside of town. The High School Auditorium is named after her as well. If the site Administrators are interested I can get photos. The town was also home to Troy Aikman and Jim Shoulders who was a famous rodeo cowboy.

Morto Guest
    Yes she was in To Kill a Mocking Bird as Del's Aunt

Truly and original RIP

In the new CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU? disc I have been raving about, check out Alice in the episode entitled "Love Finds Muldoon". She should have recieved an Emmy for that one. A laugh out loud superb performance.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Without going into the boring details, my employment involved working with the residents in Studio City. By chance, I happened upon Ms. Ghostley and her husband, Felice Orlandi, at their home in 2001. Can't begin to tell you what wonderful people they were. It was a hot summer day and they invited me into their home and offered me some cold refreshment. I knew them both by sight and reputation and must have spent a solid hour in their company. They were both very down-to-earth people, very kind and hospitable. I consider myself very fortunate to have met them.

Morto Guest
    ALICE WAS THE SHIT!!!Great person and mega talent

Quote Originally Posted by CapnHawk View Post
    Without going into the boring details, my employment involved working with the residents in Studio City. By chance, I happened upon Ms. Ghostley and her husband, Felice Orlandi, at their home in 2001. Can't begin to tell you what wonderful people they were. It was a hot summer day and they invited me into their home and offered me some cold refreshment. I knew them both by sight and reputation and must have spent a solid hour in their company. They were both very down-to-earth people, very kind and hospitable. I consider myself very fortunate to have met them.

How cool is that! Lucky you!

I know Alice was good friends with Paul Lynde. I read years ago that Alice's husband and I think another man were the ones who found Paul's body. They had to climb through a window. Can anyone confirm or debunked that story?
    Cindy

The Lucky One Guest
    Black Man, Black Man, Where did you come from? Black Man, Black Man, Where did you gooooooo? I loved Bernice Clifton! :~)

The Lucky One Guest
    Bernice's great hits Volume 1

Senior Round Up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTI_EawgRD8

Happy 100th Birthday, Esmeralda! Try not to turn Darren into an elephant again, willya - please?

Happy 100.