Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ronald Belford Scott/ Bon Scott

tisha3679 Guest
    Happy Birthday Bon!

kevquo Guest

Bon scott (ac/dc)

With AC/DC touring at long last after an 8 year absence,I just thought I would add this thread.Bon Scott has to be one of the best front men ever.I was lucky to see him in the 70's with acdc.I'ts a shame he never saw the big times they went on to have after hes death in dulwich, London.Rip Bon Scott.Rockers Never die
    Seeing AC/DC
    14TH April 2008 02 Arena London England
    13rd April 2008 Birmingham Lg England

guardmom2008 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kevquo View Post
    With AC/DC touring at long last after an 8 year absence,I just thought I would add this thread.Bon Scott has to be one of the best front men ever.I was lucky to see him in the 70's with acdc.I'ts a shame he never saw the big times they went on to have after hes death in dulwich, London.Rip Bon Scott.Rockers Never die
    Seeing AC/DC
    14TH April 2008 02 Arena London England
    13rd April 2008 Birmingham Lg England
    I agree.
    RIP Bon

ByrdSar Guest
    I like both singers personally. I think Brian sounds very similar to Bon, imo. So it's great music, nonetheless. I grew up on the Brian Johnson AC/DC, and they were good, but I'm still sad that I missed the Bon era...

Kugmu Guest
    I like 'em both, too!
    Gonna see 'em at the LA Forum 08 Dec!!!

laynesgurl09 Guest

Bon Scott

Anyone here remember Bon Scott's death?

Damn, I read it wrong

At first, I thought the title of the thread was "ban Scott"

laynesgurl09 Guest
    LOL it's alright.

anywho, who is Bon Scott, never heard of him/her

We are referring to the original lead singer of AC/DC who died from an alcohol related death...aren't we?? Sad story...was a real talent...I just can't believe that AC/DC found another singer who sounds so much like Bon Scott did!

laynesgurl09 Guest
    Yeah that Bon. He was cute, shame he is dead. Did he have any kids?

lane4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynesgurl09 View Post
    I don't belive he ever had kids.

I started getting into AC/DC w/the release of "Back in Black" when I was 12. When I got older I listened to them w/Bon. He was amazing.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lane4 View Post
    I don't belive he ever had kids.

I started getting into AC/DC w/the release of "Back in Black" when I was 12. When I got older I listened to them w/Bon. He was amazing.
    Back in Black was one of the top selling rock albums of all time. (top 10, I think). I used to think I liked Brian Johnson best, but I have to go with Bon Scott. Though I have to agree with the person above, it was amazing how they found someone so similar...great band! And still going strong, they were just here in Ohio in December.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    My aunt (mother's sister) was Bon's girlfriend for a few years but they had broken up before he died. She says she saw him a few weeks before it happened and he said to her he didn't think he was gonna be around much longer, and that he was scared.

Bon's from Melbourne, Australia which is my home town, which is why my family knew him.
    That is awesome info...I am sorry for your aunt. I have alot of ACDC on my ipod, but mostly Alice in Chains & Nirvana...ACDC was one of my favorites in high schools (showing my age...LOL)

laynesgurl09 Guest
    I love AC/DC & I love Bon Scott forever!!!

laynesgurl09 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    My aunt (mother's sister) was Bon's girlfriend for a few years but they had broken up before he died. She says she saw him a few weeks before it happened and he said to her he didn't think he was gonna be around much longer, and that he was scared.

Bon's from Melbourne, Australia which is my home town, which is why my family knew him.
    Damn that is sad.

Guest Guest
    OMG!!

That is too funny!!! Looks like he was really packin, though

Bon was probably haunted by this, and couldn't live with it anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ-45XG7n4k

He was wearing the nutcrushing pants back then as well.

laynesgrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post

Seriously, I love AC/DC with both Bon and Brian, but mostly with Bon!
    RIP Bon!!

Man 1: Did ya hear there's a new AC/DC cd out?

Man 2: How can you tell?

They have been making the same album over and over again for the last 30 years. They should have packed it in when Scott died.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

I see dead people Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    A new art exhibition on Bon Scott is going to open in Fremantle

http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/...235155577.html

Wow that is pretty kewl

laynesgrl Guest
    "He's always been a bit of a rascal and a hellraiser" I love it!!!

tisha3679 Guest
    Today is his birthday & I'm 1 year sober on this date. two reasons to celebrate. Happy Birthday Bon! His music got me thru some rough times.

laynesgrl Guest
    Happy Birthday, Bon!!!

25. 07-09-2009, 05:40 PM

Old Soul Guest
    Sad to see a whole year go by on one page from birthday to birthday... there HAS to be more to bons thread than that... anyone have any good stories?

Tripfaceape Guest
    I was listening to Dee Snyder talk about him on House of Hair yesterday. He said something about how conspiracy theorists don't think that he died from alcohol abuse; that he actually died from hypothermia from being left outside in a car in freezing weather. Ozzy Osbourne apparently agrees with this theory. Interesting little tid bit. anyhoo...happy birthday (a day late) Bon!!

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripfaceape View Post
    I was listening to Dee Snyder talk about him on House of Hair yesterday. He said something about how conspiracy theorists don't think that he died from alcohol abuse; that he actually died from hypothermia from being left outside in a car in freezing weather. Ozzy Osbourne apparently agrees with this theory. Interesting little tid bit. anyhoo...happy birthday (a day late) Bon!!
    It was always said the car was a Mini Minor he fell asleep in a cramped awkward position on a freezing night! Isnt that sad! Dont know if that is fact or not! Any clips of the Old Sunday Music Show Countdown in Australia had Bon compare on a few occassions and they played live there also! I should go hunting! Bon was charismatic and fun!

MbalmR Guest

Aside from the video, these comments made me snarf on my keyboard. LOL!!!!!!

30 years go by so quickly.

RIP Bon Scott...
    ACDC isn't the same without you.

No offense to Brian Johnson or any fans, but to me Bon was the best. JMO
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tripfaceape View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    It was always said the car was a Mini Minor he fell asleep in a cramped awkward position on a freezing night! Isnt that sad! Dont know if that is fact or not! Any clips of the Old Sunday Music Show Countdown in Australia had Bon compare on a few occassions and they played live there also! I should go hunting! Bon was charismatic and fun!
    Ummm, he drowned in his own vomit. End of story.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Bon would have been 64 today. Happy B-Day Bon!

[SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Ummm, he drowned in his own vomit. End of story.

Ummm, Agreed.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

So what if he drowned in his own vomit? It's not like he drowned in someone else's vomit. Now that would have been gross. LOL!

silverwaif77 Guest
    I don't think he drowned in his vomit, I think he CHOKED on it/or ASPIRATED on his vomit. I think he had a weird combo plate of choking on vomit, alcohol poisoning and freezing in the trunk. I wonder if you get enough oxygen in a car trunk? There has to be some sort of a compromise in the quality of the air in a trunk after a few hours. This death was just a series of poor choices, too bad. I hope he has found peace.

Neat exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney, on now.

IS it a footy sock? A half-kilo of mince? Or just a wad of toilet paper? Rock connoisseurs have long debated the true nature of the bulge in Bon Scott's pants, revealed most clearly in a classic photo of the AC/DC frontman taken in July 1975, moments after he stepped off stage in Melbourne.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bon_scott.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	28965

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...910-154z0.html
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 09-11-2010 at 12:34 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

lucilleball861911 Guest

Wow. Glad he did not remain in that. lol

I agree AC/DC was THE best with Bon in it. Nothing against them now but its just fact.

SiriusBlack Guest
    Aussie Chick signing in here to say yep I have been to Bon Scotts grave and it was interesting. Not a fan of ACDC but my man is and he supports me on my music quests (agreeing to call our first born son Joey Kurt was pretty nice of him!). Interesting bit of trivia though the people at the Cemetery told us that most of the visitors that go to his grave are international tourists.

Bon Scott - Kirriemuir

I live just a few miles from Bon's birthplace in Kirriemuir, Scotland. Here's link to his memorial plaque there, plus a tribute event they had.

http://www.crabsodyinblue.com/acdcbonmemorialplaque.htm

I've always been a AC/DC fan and love both versions of the band I guess I lean more to the Brian Johnson era because I grew up in the 80's and Back in Black was and is one helluva record but I also love "If you want blood you've got it". "Ride On", "Walk All Over You" and many other classic Bon Scott songs. I remember when I was a kid right after "Back in Black" came out and some kid trying to lecture me on the evils of devil music and telling me how after Bon died that the remaining members of AC/DC held a seance (spelling) and more or less sold their souls to the devil in exchange for a new lead singer to take over where Bon left off and carry them into superstardom-lol anyone else here such crazy things. I always had this stupid vision of Angus and the boys sitting on the floor in a circle and doing some wild chant lol. RIP Bon thanks for the music

Quote Originally Posted by laynesgurl09 View Post
    At the weekend there was an article about a book coming out about him - Dog Eat Dog by Michael Browning who was a manager.

One of the stories in the paper was that he got two women pregnant at the same time and they both ended up in the same maternity ward when he had to visit them. So if the story is true then there are at least two kids maybe more.

P.C.M. Guest
    I've been a Bon Scott fan since 1975. I would like to clear up a couple of fact's if I may.....

1). Bon's death was listed a death by misadventure. I believe he did not die from the triple jacks he was drinking that night with Allistir. It has been talked about behind closed doors and by the band that Bon was using speed again. Don't believe me,watch the last video they did for a French pop show and they lip synced Highway To Hell and Touch Too Much. Bon is out of it and he's clearly not drunk.
    2). Back in 1976 when the band released Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Bon almost got the boot from the band for using speed. He cleaned himself up and promised never to use again. Sadly,The last leg of the US Highway To Hell tour found Bon never kept true to his word.
    3). If you have the Bonfire box set,the remastered Back In Black (the title track only) is in fact Bon on drums. That version was sent out to radio stations in 1980 just before it's release (don't believe me,look it up) and the whole album is dedicated to him. No vocals or song titles (album title for that matter) was even thought of because they were in pre production at the time of Bon's death. Bon's would play drums with Angus and Mal to see what they could come up with.
    4). Here is the names to replace Bon at the time of his death.....Russell "Rusty Day" Edward Davidson of The Amboy Dukes/Cactus, Alan Fryer of Heaven and Noddy Holder of Slade.
    In an odd twist of fate,Bon picked Brian to replace him having seen Gordy play one night and Brian's appendix burst onstage with Bon getting on the table yelling "Encore,Encore". Bon was leaving AC/DC after the last album which he never finished due to his passing and he was joining the French group Trust.

I hope I made some sense. Bon was a true frontman/powerhouse/vocalist and I truly miss him. By the way,his death is listed on the 19th yet,he died en route with no vital signs on the 18th. His friend Allistir that found him and had partied with him was lost at sea some years back so we'll never know the whole truth what happened that night. Another fact,Suicide Solution by Ozzy was not written about Bon because Ozzy doesn't write songs or music. Bob Daisley wrote it about Ozzy.
    Last edited by P.C.M.; 12-21-2014 at 10:02 AM.

AC/DC, with Bon Scott, was one of the best rock bands ever. Bon was the singer, up until his death in 1980, and he sang with such a bluesy, heartfelt voice..........you must hear it to believe it. "Down Payment Blues" "Night Prowler" and "Let There Be Rock" are just a few of his excellent tunes. What part of the Tarheel state are you from?