Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by relander View Post
    The picture that Tom Cruise does not want you to see.
    Here he is 12 years old and dressed up as a girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    He looks like Blossom in that pic.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blossom.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	5760
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PvN73 Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blossom.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	5760
    I think for once you are onto something....

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    I think for once you are onto something....

Oohhhhh! Thank you for posting them side to side. You are the most fab student aid evah! You run with 12 gangs! Ha! I do whut evah I want!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PvN73 Guest
    Oohhhhh! Thank you for posting them side to side. You are the most fab student aid evah! You run with 12 gangs! Ha! I do whut evah I want!
    I am here to serve you Pretty Girl.

Anyway it was hard to tell unless you put them side by side instead of scrolling up and down.

This way you are in fact correct in your judgement.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I saw pics of Cruise before he had his teeth fixed and that pic isn't him. His teeth looked like a weirwolf. CHeck out the nose too. I can't buy that being him inthat pic and anyways I don't think he is gay. First of all Nichole Kidman being married to a guy for what 10 years and not knowing he was gay or even staying with him if he was? I donlt think so. MiMI Rogers too. Maybe he is bi and cross dresses? But that pic aint him I tell ya LOL

msmojorisin84 Guest

Tom Cruise....

Is it just me..or is Tom Cruise just FOOLISH?

Nope. Not just you. He appears to be one of the biggest assholes on the planet. Personally, I could care less about anyone's religeon. If it doesn't affect me, I let it be. But I can't stand to see his smug face, so I doubt I'll be watching any more of his films.

He's also really ugly...............yuk

Guest Guest
    he nauseates me...sorry but the whole Scientology/We're better than all of you attitude just makes me want to hurl...

I watched that interview with him and Oprah recently and was like WTF? It seriously was one of the most fake patronizing interviews I've ever seen...it would be one thing if he had his own beliefs and stood by them...but to negate others beliefs, put others down for their life choices and come off as some holier than thou zealot is just too much...I never really cared for his movies anyway...I think he looks like "Rat Boy" but ever since his anti depression rant about postpartum I totally signed him off...I will go out of my way not to put a penny in his pocket. Let's see what his true beliefs are and what his standing would be within his "church" if he's broke and unpopular...bet you that his attitudes would change if he didn't have that influence anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    he nauseates me...sorry but the whole Scientology/We're better than all of you attitude just makes me want to hurl...

I watched that interview with him and Oprah recently and was like WTF? It seriously was one of the most fake patronizing interviews I've ever seen...it would be one thing if he had his own beliefs and stood by them...but to negate others beliefs, put others down for their life choices and come off as some holier than thou zealot is just too much...I never really cared for his movies anyway...I think he looks like "Rat Boy" but ever since his anti depression rant about postpartum I totally signed him off...I will go out of my way not to put a penny in his pocket. Let's see what his true beliefs are and what his standing would be within his "church" if he's broke and unpopular...bet you that his attitudes would change if he didn't have that influence anymore.

That was what you call a reverse interview. Tom said to Oprah "these are the questions I want you to ask me." And, her being the professional "journalist" that she is, agreed wholeheartedly. And, like she never heard the answers to those questions before in her life acted totally surprised to hear them coming from his lips. Made me wanna puke!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I'm tired of hearing about him. His movies suck, and they have for a long time.

Mamma Guest
    I didn't particularly care for him one way or another, until that Scientology video came out that he spoke for. Now THAT did it for me, as far as him being the biggest asshat on the planet, absolutely. Very self absorbed this guy, like he and his beliefs are going to save us all from doom. Call me an RP - Repressive Person, whatever I the hell am. I'm just human, that's all. He makes being human sound like a debilitating illness, and he is the chosen one to save us all from the despair we inflict upon ourselves. Jack ass.

Oh, and that salute to RLH - sheesh.

Yes they have. But don't you see Florida? His movies are actually BRILLIANT ~ but us "repressive persons" are simply to ill-informed to comprehend their magnitude and depth. It's all OUR fault his movie suck, not his. Psh, right.
    Last edited by Mamma; 06-09-2008 at 01:06 PM.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    I'm glad I'm not alone. I loathe the ground he walks on.

D.HagsHusband Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    Come on now Mission Impossible 2.....HAHAHAHA!

Sorry about that almost got all the way through that time, lol...

Mamma Guest
    Okay D.Hags, you are right. Lemme give some props to Cruise for his performance in Born on the Fourth of July. He was good in that performance, and I liked it because he dressed down for the part as the war-torn veteran who went through hell and back with alcoholism added to injury. One of the first films I recall him not being the macho-man. Yeah, that was good one, but it was made about 20 years ago too .

Mimi Rogers was 11 years older than Nicole Kidman...Nicole was 11 years older that Katie Holmes, who is 30 or so. There's some 19 year old out there who'd better watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    Mimi Rogers was 11 years older than Nicole Kidman...Nicole was 11 years older that Katie Holmes, who is 30 or so. There's some 19 year old out there who'd better watch out!

Now that's just gross.

MorbidMolly Guest
    He`s a self-righteous asshole.........the sad thing is, even if no one on the planet ever paid another cent to watch his crap ass movies, he could still wipe his brown-eye with thousand dollar bills until he was a 100........

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    He really doesn't strike me as any more annoying that the typical dumbshit celebrity who thinks they're a genius because they've made lots of money acting on film and that their way of life and belief system is the best way and the only way. It's just he's taking that guise with Scientology which people find offensive, but his attitude, you see it with other celebrities. If Scientology works for him and keeps him happy, more power to him. He's never tried to convert me personally.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    He`s a self-righteous asshole.........the sad thing is, even if no one on the planet ever paid another cent to watch his crap ass movies, he could still wipe his brown-eye with thousand dollar bills until he was a 100........
    That's what the used to say about Ed McMahon!

D.HagsHusband Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma View Post
    Okay D.Hags, you are right. Lemme give some props to Cruise for his performance in Born on the Fourth of July. He was good in that performance, and I liked it because he dressed down for the part as the war-torn veteran who went through hell and back with alcoholism added to injury. One of the first films I recall him not being the macho-man. Yeah, that was good one, but it was made about 20 years ago too .

Just recently saw that one for the first time a few months ago, and you are right. He was good then, it is a really good movie. Like you said though, that was 20 years ago. Since those days he had become a pretentious, assclown, among many other explenatives... He needs to be grounded again... don't know what it would take since he is so high on himself, but something...

Mamma Guest

Thumbs up

He really doesn't strike me as any more annoying that the typical dumbshit celebrity who thinks they're a genius because they've made lots of money acting on film and that their way of life and belief system is the best way and the only way. It's just he's taking that guise with Scientology which people find offensive, but his attitude, you see it with other celebrities. If Scientology works for him and keeps him happy, more power to him. He's never tried to convert me personally.
    Florida, you rock.

MorbidMolly Guest

It`s not the Scientology that bothers me ( actually the whole thing makes me chuckle ) and I certaintly agree with the typical dumshit celebrity statement, the difference for me is the type of statements he makes versus some of the others........although there is a plethora of shit for brians celebs out there(ie.. I could care less what Denise Richards thinks about life...ha ha ) and of course,the money that backs him........I mean he uses Oprah like she`s the New York times, and how many women ( and a few men ) watch her..........although personally I gave up on the Oprah train wreck a long time ago...........I guess it`s different strokes for different folks..........I adored him in Top Gun, but hell fire, how am I suppose to watch it now...........

Mamma Guest
    I adored him in Top Gun,
    Volley ball scene ... yummy.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    The only movies I can even watch that have anything to do with him are "Rain Man" and "The Outsiders"....I want to pop him in the jaw though in "Rain Man", such a douche.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I didn't see him on Oprah, was he trying to spread Scientology on the show? Now that would bother more than him just doing interal videos for people who have signed up. It's scary how much influence Oprah has on her viewers, it's just insane. And she sucks, too. I've been into pro tennis for years and actually tuned Oprah in a couple of months ago when she had Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova on. Oprah's questions were terrible and so ill-informed. It was a total joke and she basically wasted the time with these legends. She was asking Chris Evert about being called Miss Cicle--as in icicle. It was the Ice Maiden, that's what they called Evert, not Miss Cicle, Evert had to correct her. Talk about a dumbshit, don't have them on if your show if your people can't do the research to get her nickname right!
    Last edited by FloridaDeathHag; 06-09-2008 at 02:03 PM.

I didn't see him on Oprah, was he trying to spread Scientology on the show? Now that would bother more than him just doing interal videos for people who have signed up. It's scary how much influence Oprah has on her viewers, it's just insane. And she sucks, too. I've been into pro tennis for years and actually tuned Oprah in a couple of months ago when she had Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova on. Oprah's questions were terrible and so ill-informed. It was a total joke and she basically wasted the time with these legends. She was asking Chris Evert about being called Miss Cicle--as in icicle. It was the Ice Maiden, that's what they called Evert, not Miss Cicle, Evert had to correct her. Talk about a dumbshit, don't have them on if your show if your people can't do the research to get her nickname right!
    I think it was a repair-Tom's-image attempt. It only make him look worse, in my opinion, and once again dragged Oprah down with him. I agree with your assessement of her, by the way. What a tool.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma View Post
    Volley ball scene ... yummy.
    Oh yeah.........that NEVER gets old........mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I think I posted this elsewhere: he can repair his image by making decent movies again that people want to see. I don't know if he's selecting his own scripts now without any help or what, but this stuff he's making the last few years is just unwatchable. He's a good looking guy who is half-way talented, I don't know what the problem is.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I think I posted this elsewhere: he can repair his image by making decent movies again that people want to see. I don't know if he's selecting his own scripts now without any help or what, but this stuff he's making the last few years is just unwatchable. He's a good looking guy who is half-way talented, I don't know what the problem is.
    Yeah.........he`s TOTALLY thrown me for a loop........I mean was he always this way, and just now attaining prick-hood because he`s a trillionaire........and your take on Doprah, was spot on........

No one even saw his last movie. With Robert Redford and Meryl Streep in it, I think they figured people would at least come out to see them. Nope.

ApricotRoses Guest
    Although I think TC is very talented when acting, I think he has more than one screw loose upstairs. Something's amiss, that's for sure. I find it ironic that someone who is against drugs, could definately use a few himself to calm his crazy ass down.

Vamp Guest
    I really dislike Tom. It's partially Scientology but then again it isn't. John Travolta doesn't offend me and he is a Scientologist. Though misguided, Travolta seems like a decent person.

I WAS SO OUTRAGED when Tom told women with post partum depression that they were foolish for taking antidepressants! Vitamins indeed. I noticed Katie hasn't been in any hurry to get pregnant a second time.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I really dislike Tom. It's partially Scientology but then again it isn't. John Travolta doesn't offend me and he is a Scientologist. Though misguided, Travolta seems like a decent person.

I WAS SO OUTRAGED when Tom told women with post partum depression that they were foolish for taking antidepressants! Vitamins indeed. I noticed Katie hasn't been in any hurry to get pregnant a second time.

LMAOOOOOOOOO..........PERFECT.........

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post

No stuff !
    I mean, well, how would you like to be chased around the house by a craZed closet case with a loaded turkey baster ?

"Come back here you little bitch ! You have a contract that you must uphold ! Stand still and assume the position !"
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

MbalmR Guest
    I saw that interview that TC did with Oprah at his home in........well, I forget now where it is (Utah? Colorado?) and I thought he looked tired. He seemed to be remorseful for some of his past remarks about post-partum depression, but he stopped short of saying he was wrong and apologizing. He just said his statements came out wrong or some silly excuse like that.

I don't have a problem with his passion about and belief in Scientology. If he was a strict Catholic, no one would be picking on him for advising people to go to confession or to receive the Sacraments.

He was brilliant in Born on the Fourth of July. I'd like to see him attempt more challenging roles like that one!

I guess for me, I wish people would leave him alone. He's a father now; he has much to think about and be responsible for. I suppose he doesn't really care what anyone thinks of him, but I wonder if deep down, all the TC bashing doesn't get to him in the middle of the night when he's all alone with his thoughts and stuff.

I agree with people who are saying they're angry with his stance on depression, so am I. The Church of Scientology has some very irresponsible stances on mental illness in general. The dangerousness of him going out and criticizing someone for taking medication for a mental illness is what I have a problem with, not his religious beliefs. If he personally doesn't want to take anti-depressants, fine. Unfortunately, at least a few people will hear him go off about the subject and listen to him instead of going to a doctor and discussing the options. Vitamins and exercise work for _mild_ depression, yes, but for severe postpartum or clinical depression, they probably won't be enough. If he's going to use his public soapbox to tout Scientology's glory and criticize people for taking medications, I have no problem with people criticizing him back. If the Catholic Church was still burning people at the stake for heresy, I'd criticize them, too, probably from my secret bunker so they wouldn't get me, too, but still . . .

I also agree with the opinion that his work has suffered as it's become more and more a one-man show. Very few entertainers can pull that off,and usually they have strong collaborators to bounce things off of, rather than create in an ivory tower sort of way.

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    Wouldn't pay to see any of his movies and always find another channel when I see him.

IncrediblyRotten Guest
    Lets see, what can we say about TC? First off, he is a highschool dropout. How can he be trying to make an "educated" stance on anything? Secondly, he is so full of himself that his aol screen name is AGoodActor. Thirdly, I think he is suffering from some sort of mental illness, and the reason he is so adamantly against psychology, besides the fact his "religion", is he doesn't want to be found out. But by his displays and his rantings he has definately told on himself. And fourthly...it is too funny in Top Gun when someone asks him the time and he flexes as he looks at his watch...
    Nope, I don't think I will be putting any more pennies in his pocket.

**Jenna** Guest
    Never been a Tom Cruise fan. Absolutely cannot stand him.

secretsquirrel13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IncrediblyRotten View Post
    Lets see, what can we say about TC? First off, he is a highschool dropout. How can he be trying to make an "educated" stance on anything? Secondly, he is so full of himself that his aol screen name is AGoodActor. Thirdly, I think he is suffering from some sort of mental illness, and the reason he is so adamantly against psychology, besides the fact his "religion", is he doesn't want to be found out. But by his displays and his rantings he has definately told on himself. And fourthly...it is too funny in Top Gun when someone asks him the time and he flexes as he looks at his watch...
    I don't think one necessarily needs "formal" education to be informed about certain things. That having been said, I agree with the rest of your post.

IncrediblyRotten Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    I don't think one necessarily needs "formal" education to be informed about certain things. That having been said, I agree with the rest of your post.
    True, very very true. But it would give him a little more credibility when he goes on his tirades.

Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    I saw that interview that TC did with Oprah at his home in........well, I forget now where it is (Utah? Colorado?) and I thought he looked tired. He seemed to be remorseful for some of his past remarks about post-partum depression, but he stopped short of saying he was wrong and apologizing. He just said his statements came out wrong or some silly excuse like that.

I don't have a problem with his passion about and belief in Scientology. If he was a strict Catholic, no one would be picking on him for advising people to go to confession or to receive the Sacraments.

He was brilliant in Born on the Fourth of July. I'd like to see him attempt more challenging roles like that one!

I guess for me, I wish people would leave him alone. He's a father now; he has much to think about and be responsible for. I suppose he doesn't really care what anyone thinks of him, but I wonder if deep down, all the TC bashing doesn't get to him in the middle of the night when he's all alone with his thoughts and stuff.
    I love and respect you mbalmr but I disagree with you here. Narcisistic people never think they are wrong....dont make great parents either from what Ive seen.

Quote Originally Posted by IncrediblyRotten View Post

It may just be me, but I think Val Kilmer blew him out of the water in the looks department in Top Gun.

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    I love and respect you mbalmr but I disagree with you here. Narcisistic people never think they are wrong....dont make great parents either from what Ive seen.
    Excellent point, baroque1.........I missed the narcissism part of the poor dolt's personality!

47. 06-11-2008, 04:35 AM

Snoopy Guest
    Tom Cruise is an AssHat..Katie Holmes is a brainwashed Stepford Wife..and a lethal addition to this is Doperah Windbag interviewing them! Gah!

MbalmR Guest
    LOL @ windbag!!! I've noticed that Oprah is the kind of person I can't stand to talk to--she interrupts her interviewees a LOT. Really annoying! I usually end up yelling at the television, saying "Jesus, lady, let the person finish answering the question!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    Excellent point, baroque1.........I missed the narcissism part of the poor dolt's personality!
    Yeah, because they DO make good actors

FannyB1923 Guest

Wild Rumor- Tom Cruise

I read this on another message board and it may turn out to be complete BS but the story goes that Tom Cruise was supposedly killed in a plane crash on August 21. the Spanish air crash? There was also a fatal crash of a small plane in Utah on Friday.
    The poster claims that the Scientology people held a candlelight vigil for him last night.

Odd in that the latest wire service photos of him I can find are August 18. So meanwhile, I'll keep checking for mention of him on the news services. This may all be crap.

I'm not saying it's true, but if it had happened, I can see where the Scientologists would keep their funeral plans, etc private and release the news later- like Jim Morrison.

Wouldn't wish such a fate on anybody, btw.