Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roz Kelly-Pinky Tuscadero

Roz Kelly-Pinky Tuscadero

Didn't she take a trip to the "hoo hoo hotel" not long ago for shooting at someone?
    She was awesome as Pinky and I LOVED Suzi Quatro as Leather Tuscadero. To my fellow FAD hags in Britian: Isn't or wasn't Suzi a huge hit over there?
    (Slapping my thigh twice, snappin' my fingers, and "pointing the gun" at you)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Didn't she take a trip to the "hoo hoo hotel" not long ago for shooting at someone?
    She was awesome as Pinky and I LOVED Suzi Quatro as Leather Tuscadero. To my fellow FAD hags in Britian: Isn't or wasn't Suzi a huge hit over there?
    I never heard anything about Suzi in the loony bin. I think her only hit in America was "Stumblin' In" wasn't it? I think she was more popular in Britian.

Apparently Joan Jett worshipped her and fashioned her look and sound after her.

No, Roz Kelly (Pinky) was in the looney bin.
    I love "Stumblin' in".
    Remember David Naughton's "Makin' it"? That was good, too.

No, Roz Kelly (Pinky) was in the looney bin.
    I love "Stumblin' in".
    Remember David Naughton's "Makin' it"? That was good, too.
    Yeah, I liked David's song. He ended up doing the Dr Pepper commercials too "I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper...". And that suit he wore ALL the time - the tan pants, white shirt and tan vest.

He ended up having his own short-lived TV show - "Makin' It" - wasn't it??

Yes. He was also on My Sister Sam with Pam Dawber and Rebecca Schaeffer.

firegilnotguns Guest
    I guess Suzi was big enough over here - she was on an episode of "Rock School" (I think that's what it was called) with Gene Simmons a year or two ago, based in the UK, and the British kids generally seemed to know who she was...

Edit: Oh yeah, and she was doing a book signing in Borders about a month ago so there you go! :P
    Last edited by firegilnotguns; 10-18-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I never heard anything about Suzi in the loony bin. I think her only hit in America was "Stumblin' In" wasn't it? I think she was more popular in Britian.

Apparently Joan Jett worshipped her and fashioned her look and sound after her.

Actually the hit "Stumblin In" was a duet between Suzi Quatro and some guy named Chris Norman. I believe Norman was in the band "Smokey" and they too had only one hit that I am aware of.

Living Next Door To Alice

Wasnt David Naughton in American Werewolf in London?

Morbid1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Wasnt David Naughton in American Werewolf in London?

"I didn't mean to call you meatloaf jack"

Yeah..great movie!

-Morbid1

PvN73 Guest
    Suzi Quatro was big here in Australia - she has just come through on her book tour. She rocks and she still wears her leather!!!

Can the Can, Devil gate Drive, 48 Crash....... she rocks!!!

Jersey Girl Guest
    How corny was that!? LOL!

HAHA!
    I thought Suzi Quatro was so cool. I loved that song "Stumblin' In." I had the 45.
    Joan Jett did fashion herself after Suzie in the glam rock girl group "The Runaways."

Back to topic though..

I had NO idea about Roz Kelly.. ya learn something new everyday.

That's right..it was Chris Norman! I had "Stumblin' In' AND "Makin' it" on one of those KTEL or Ronco "Best of 78" albums!

Remember Mr. Microphone? "Hey good lookin', I'll be back to pick you up later!". I had one, but it never worked!

onehunglow Guest

They still use it

That's right..it was Chris Norman! I had "Stumblin' In' AND "Makin' it" on one of those KTEL or Ronco "Best of 78" albums!

Remember Mr. Microphone? "Hey good lookin', I'll be back to pick you up later!". I had one, but it never worked!
    I think they call it RAP.

pvezz Guest

LMAO - that commercial was a riot!!!

Cathy J. Guest

I remember those !!!!

There was another similar thing that was on the market back in the 70s, don't remember of the name of it but it was a small unit in the shape of a small box with a mic attached to it. One could also attached a record player or other things as well since the unit had outlets. Also it was quite powerful. Whereas a Mr. Mic could only "broadcast" a few feet on FM this thing could broadcast up to 5 square miles. One really could have their own radio station !!

Back in the 70s, around my neck of the woods all the local FM stations signed off every night at 10pm ( they didn't go 24/7 until well into the 80s ) , turned that sucker on at midnight, you really would have an audience !!

I think Montgomery Ward sold this thing but I haven't seen it since the 70s so I imagine the FCC got involved in banning this.

I don't remember that one Cathy! That sounds like fun!

The girl looked good to this 10 year old in those pink shorts .

Laurie Guest

I was just a kid and thought that "Hey good looking, I'll be back to pick you up later!" was cheesy (and hilarious!). How cool that someone else remembers it, too!

RoRo Guest
    Yep she got in some trouble...man I wanted to look like her when I was a kid...

Pleaded no contest in the car alarm shooting incident; sentenced to 3 years imprisonment, but may be reduced to probation after 90-day diagnostic evaluation. [22 July 1999]
    Arrested for shooting up cars and a neighbors apartment after a car alarm went off in the early morning and woke her up. [29 November 1998]
    Jailed for an alleged probation violation (20 August 2000) Arrested in Los Angeles after her ex-boyfriend told police that she hit him on the back with a cane. [28 August 2000]

Personal Quotes
    "I hear that some people think I'm abrasive. I'm just myself. Sure I talk loud once in a while, but that doesn't mean people can chew me up and spit me out."

Thanks RoRo! I wasn't sure what the 411 was as far as she was concerned.

I was watching a "Happy Days" reunion yesterday so I wanted to bump this. Bump.

WriterDude Guest
    I had a thing for redheads right up until I married a brunette. Roz Kelly almost certainly contributed to that.

ChargerBill Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    Suzi Quatro was big here in Australia - she has just come through on her book tour. She rocks and she still wears her leather!!!

Can the Can, Devil gate Drive, 48 Crash....... she rocks!!!

I had a thing for Leather too!

Suzi Quatro still looks damn fine in a leather get up! I saw her in an interview many years ago saying that she saw herself at forty still wearing leather and saying, "fuck". There you go!

burgtwngrl Guest
    Always liked Pinky... Does anyone have a photo of her now?

John Connor Guest
    Suzi Quatro has sold 45 million records. She's done all right.

I haven't been able to find a recent picture but here's a blast from the past:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pinkyfonz1sta.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	14643  

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    Always liked Pinky... Does anyone have a photo of her now?

I googled her and couldn't find any. Holy cow, though, she's 66! GAWD, I feel old!

John Connor Guest
    On November 29, 1998, she was arrested for firing a 12-gauge shotgun into the living room window of a neighbor's house after a car alarm woke her up;[2] she also shot the neighbor's car and another car nearby. The neighbor was not home at the time. She pleaded no contest to the charge of firing into the house and was sentenced to three years' felony probation on October 20, 2000. Kelly was also ordered to receive psychiatric counseling and pay restitution as ordered by the probation department.

ChargerBill Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    On November 29, 1998, she was arrested for firing a 12-gauge shotgun into the living room window of a neighbor's house after a car alarm woke her up;[2] she also shot the neighbor's car and another car nearby. The neighbor was not home at the time. She pleaded no contest to the charge of firing into the house and was sentenced to three years' felony probation on October 20, 2000. Kelly was also ordered to receive psychiatric counseling and pay restitution as ordered by the probation department.
    Is there a mugshot?

John Connor Guest
    Can't find one but so you don't feel too disappointed, here's one of Yasmine Bleeth. Cocaine was her friend.

ChargerBill Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Can't find one but so you don't feel too disappointed, here's one of Yasmine Bleeth. Cocaine was her friend.

Looks like she fell off the hot-wagon face first

burgtwngrl Guest
    Roz is 66 Dang I feel old too now

erm, this has been on Findadeath for quite a while : )

http://findadeath.com/funstuff/pinky...ps_her_lid.htm
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Here's something about her I hadn't seen before. She was on an episode of Judge Judy!:

Kelly played Pinky Tuscadero in just three 1976 episodes of Happy Days. The episodes remain, however, her most memorable work. Recent TV appearances include a 1996 bit on Judge Judy as herself: Roz Kelly, plaintiff. The actress complained a leaky silicone breast implant was ruining her career.
    Taken from here: http://www.goofball.com/news/991108_happydaze

Can't find any video for it though. Dang.

She was also on the Jenny Jones Show it seems. In one of those 'Where are They Now?' things with Danielle Spencer from What's Happening. Supposedly in the Jenny Jones one, Roz was trying to steer the convo toward her current life (in the mid-nineties) but Jenny just kept ignoring that and instead asked her to reminisce about the Happy Days shows. Either of those videos would be fun finds.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I worshipped Pinky Tuscedero as a kid! I had completely forgotten about the FAD update on her.

Hard to believe she was only on three episodes!

I completely remember the Mr. Microphone and thought it was cheesy as Velveeta. I totally wanted one, though.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I googled her and couldn't find any. Holy cow, though, she's 66! GAWD, I feel old!
    Wow I had no idea she was 66!
    Boy does time fly!

Snoopy Guest
    Always thought Pinky and The Fonz were perfect..didn't Fonzie end up with a sweet character played by Linda Purl who had a kid for a while? I wanted to be Leather Tuscadero so bad! LOL

The Lucky One Guest
    I was just watching New Years Evil and wondering what happened to her. Damn she had a rough life

I found this picture of Roz. Not sure when it was taken. I would have never known it was her:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gal_watn_hd_roz-kelly.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	39737
    Cindy

Dang... I wouldn't recognize her either. She looks absolutely beaten, sitting there in her jail uniform. Completely the opposite of the character she played. That's what puts the icing on the unreconizability thing to me.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCAURTNZN.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	39740
    Good Heavens, when I watched Happy Days as a kid I had no idea how OLD Pinky and Fonzie looked! They look like two forty year olds!

Reecy Guest
    I liked Pinky. I'm surprised now that she was in only 3 episodes. Her star sure shined on that show. I was hoping that she and the Fonz would get married.

Found this:
    http://www.passionofart.com/rozkelly/my_artworks/jimi_hendrix/271
    A
    photo she took of Jimi Hendrix.
    Cool!

Her bio is on the site.
    She lives a serene life in the Hollywood hills tending to her cat.

You can view many of her photos there as well.
    Last edited by ichabodius; 10-28-2011 at 05:36 PM.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Found this:
    http://www.passionofart.com/rozkelly/my_artworks/jimi_hendrix/271
    A
    photo she took of Jimi Hendrix.
    Cool!

Her bio is on the site.
    She lives a serene life in the Hollywood hills tending to her cat.
    Man, that is AWESOME!!!

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Apparently she alienated the cast and crew of Happy Days by doing "unkind Fonzie impressions".
    http://books.google.com/books?id=_3X...0kelly&f=false

Here she is with the Pinkettes on the Donny and Marie show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np8D0umOWxI

Heres an article about her caning a man:
    http://articles.latimes.com/2000/oct/27/local/me-42956
    A
    pparently shes a fleadipper.