Thread: Spencer Dryden

Lilepad336 Guest

Lightbulb Spencer Dryden

Very interesting here. He was related to Charlie Chaplan. He was his nephew from Chaplin's half brother. He played for Jefferson Airplane. He died when he was 66. Here is a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Dryden

Saw the post on the thread behind the scenes referencing Chaplin and thought this would be a good one to add.

Love the forum. I am soo addicted to Findadeath and I am very happy to see this start up. Thanks Scott. Also I enjoyed the tour when I was living in CA and wish I could come back and take it again!!

Bellfire Guest
    If I was to ask wether or not he was the only member of the band not to ride Grace would I get in trouble more for tackiness or for the pun? I have one question on a serious note though; why did he not rejoin the band for the reuion? Did the band have issues? I liked as airplane but starship wasn't for me.

Lilepad336 Guest
    That's a good question. Who knows. I don't think it was because of an illness. That came later.

I'm so sorry. very sad, I have the feeling he didn't have health insurance, couldn't keep up with getting checkups etc.