Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Benoit

Guest Guest

Red face Chris Benoit

Ok I rem this story, but I haven't heard anything about it lately. Last I heard was it may have been murder on all parts, and he didn't do it. That someone else could have. Anyone else hear anymore about it? I'd like to be filled in. Oh and of course are there any graphic, horrid, crime scene photo's?

GODDESS6 Guest
    we are huge WWE fans, i read recently that chris's father had part of his brain examined & that he was in an early stage of dementia brought on by too many cuncusions *(sp)~ i still think roid rage on some parts, they were found in his system & it was written that he was also taking xtra testosterone due to him not being able to perform sexually because of too much steroid use (not sure if this is true, i just read it)~ his wife had filed for divorce before & 1 of her claims was abuse & that she was afraid of him~ on the other hand, they said he made around 250,000.oo a year if he wrestled weekly like many due & wanted to spend more time at home, but his wife liked the lifestyle & wanted him out there, but then would pressure him to help out w/ their son more often~ i wonder if we'll really ever know the truth?~ theWWE has recently "let go" of some of it's superstatrs because they tested dirty, the names haven't really leaked yet, but they say the names will be released nov. 1st~

knothere Guest
    Last I heard he killed his wife n kid laid bibles beside them and hung himself on a cable from one of his workout machines.

Guest Guest
    They need to take a step back from all these wrestling deaths. Snapping necks, steroid use, falling from the raptores above. : smh : Eddie Guerrero, brother, or cousin died too didn't? Plus Brett Hart, ummmmm did eddie die himself? I can't remember.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    They need to take a step back from all these wrestling deaths. Snapping necks, steroid use, falling from the raptores above. : smh : Eddie Guerrero, brother, or cousin died too didn't? Plus Brett Hart, ummmmm did eddie die himself? I can't remember.
    eddie, crush, sensational sherrie, miss elizabeth & many many more
    here is a small list:
    http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/dead_wrestlers

here is another:
    http://prowrestling.about.com/od/wha...lersdeaths.htm
    ther is another list out there that says how they died, i just can't find it right now, but there have been alot of od's, heart attacks & suicide~
    Last edited by GODDESS6; 10-05-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Guest Guest
    Wow thanx...... I didn't know Bam Bam Bigalow died early this yr.

b57hrle Guest
    Lots of greats pass too soon! Regardless of their profession.. Brett Hart didn't die, his brother Owen did. The owners pushed them to be as big as possible, to do more dangerous acts, then try to hide the drugs they pushed on them. Now they all have to do the drug testing, any word on the 30 or so that got suspended from WWE for failing their test? I havent seen or heard of the list being out. Chris Benoit apparently had a lot of problems with a lot of things. It was a shock when that all happened. I havent heard of any crime scene photos being out as of yet, but Im sure they will show eventually. Great links for those lists Goddess!

Danny62 Guest
    Its like every month a wrestler dies...seriously!!

I think most of them abuse drugs and that is alot of it!

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by b57hrle View Post
    Lots of greats pass too soon! Regardless of their profession.. Brett Hart didn't die, his brother Owen did. The owners pushed them to be as big as possible, to do more dangerous acts, then try to hide the drugs they pushed on them. Now they all have to do the drug testing, any word on the 30 or so that got suspended from WWE for failing their test? I havent seen or heard of the list being out. Chris Benoit apparently had a lot of problems with a lot of things. It was a shock when that all happened. I havent heard of any crime scene photos being out as of yet, but Im sure they will show eventually. Great links for those lists Goddess!
    also brett & owen's sister was married to davey boy smith & he died~ the list is of banned/suspended wrestlers is supposed to come to light nov. 1st~

monhol Guest

Unhappy

i believe chris did murder his family and who ever said they may have all been murdered, may have done that to take away from the steroid claim and also stop all focus on the wwe or wwf as i once knew it. i work with the elderly and dementia is a ugly thing. it's even worse when the individual is young. when my children and i watched the wwf i had a strange feeling that chris benoit was not "right". i felt something was wrong and i saw it on his face. now he and his family are gone sad for everyone.

Jack Raines Guest
    It was 10 years ago Friday that Benoit's fomer 4 Horsemen stable-mate Brian Pillman was found dead, of an enlarged heart the day of WWF's pay-per-view Badd Blood.

AaronVail Guest
    The whole thing is sad. I subscribe to WWE 24/7 OnDemand (which I guess I shouldn't admit to) and there are matches from the mid-90's -- and I'm talking six-man tag matches -- where most of the participants are dead. Vince's company is and has always been a very secretive organization without a union for the wrestlers. Because of that, no one wants to speak up. If this sort of thing happened in baseball or football for example, no one would stand for it. Wrestlers are independent contractors looked down upon by most people as circus freaks. It also doesn't help that a lot of the wrestlers are extremely protective of their industry. Ken "Mr.Kennedy" Anderson wrote blogs after Chris Benoit's death berating people for thinking steroids were a problem or had anything at all to do with Chris' actions. Turns out Anderson was identified as a client of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando (others included Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Jr., Adam "Edge" Copeland, Robert "Booker T" Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, Darren "William Regal" Matthews, Eddie "Umaga" Fatu, Shoichi Funaki and Chavo Guerrero.) Vince (who is nuttier than the "character" he plays) is protecting himself with his "Wellness Policy" but until there's a union, wrestlers are going to do what wrestlers have always done.
    Last edited by AaronVail; 10-06-2007 at 12:52 AM.

Outlaw Guest
    Chris was one of the best if not the best technical wrestlers in the business. He was my favorite performer ever.

Amaya-chan Guest
    Chris was a great wrestler, and I was shocked when it happened. WWE got f*cked in terms of having good PR; this just made them out to be the steroid-supporting evildoers that people thought them to be in the early 90's.

I also read that his dad was on the news and mentioned stuff that Chris wrote in a diary. He said the entries were all addressed to Eddie Guerrero and that he was depressed about him dying, and that he would "be joining him soon". To think about what was going through that guy's head...

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaya-chan View Post
    Chris was a great wrestler, and I was shocked when it happened. WWE got f*cked in terms of having good PR; this just made them out to be the steroid-supporting evildoers that people thought them to be in the early 90's.

I also read that his dad was on the news and mentioned stuff that Chris wrote in a diary. He said the entries were all addressed to Eddie Guerrero and that he was depressed about him dying, and that he would "be joining him soon". To think about what was going through that guy's head...
    chavo, eddie's cousin spent the last weekend w/ chris & his family, he also mentioned how sad chris was over eddie's death~

Daphne Guest
    Honestly, I have not read through the entire posts here, but here is what I gather from reading, research and intensive media reviews:

This guy had brain damage suffered over years from the 'head bashing', etc suffered in the WWF, as well, he was proven to be injecting huge amount of steroids.. from what I understand this COULD be a toxic mixture for brain dysfunction and dementia. sadly, at this point my opinion would be that he suffered with these dillemas and was delusional, killing his wife, child, then himself-
    Thoughts anyone?

It saddens me that a lot of the dead are the guys I enjoyed watching so much as a kid. And I'm not that old!! From Road Warrior Hawk to Chris Candido to Benoit. Many died way too soon.

b57hrle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    also brett & owen's sister was married to davey boy smith & he died~ the list is of banned/suspended wrestlers is supposed to come to light nov. 1st~

Yeah your right Goddess, I remember that, just wasn't thinking of it at the time... It seems the majority of the ones I used to watch all the time are gone now.. Rick Rude, Mr Perfect Curt Henning, Road Warrior Hawk, The Von Erichs, Miss Elizabeth, Junkyard Dog, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero... the list just goes on and on... too many too soon

I see dead people Guest

My brother and his friend came up with the conclusion (this was during a drunken deep thought moment mind you) that Vince McMahon is behind the deaths of his wrestlers. I honestly thought too that Chris Benoit had some kind of mental rage or a few screws loose every time I saw him. I clearly remember my dad saying that he looks like he had the face of a killer. Spooky.

SecretSquirrel Guest
    'Roid rage is blamed far too often. I think the massive and immediate focus on that and only that initially took away a lot of the room for other speculation and theories. This was a really wretched and horrific thing that happened and while I can understand that it's in us as humans to need to understand and explain things such as this in some way - I think the 'roids blame went way overboard.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
    'Roid rage is blamed far too often. I think the massive and immediate focus on that and only that initially took away a lot of the room for other speculation and theories. This was a really wretched and horrific thing that happened and while I can understand that it's in us as humans to need to understand and explain things such as this in some way - I think the 'roids blame went way overboard.
    i agreed, until yesterday it was released theat benoit's physician was precribing him 10 months worth of the roids every 2 months, that is just outrageous~

HETFIELD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by b57hrle View Post

Yeah your right Goddess, I remember that, just wasn't thinking of it at the time... It seems the majority of the ones I used to watch all the time are gone now.. Rick Rude, Mr Perfect Curt Henning, Road Warrior Hawk, The Von Erichs, Miss Elizabeth, Junkyard Dog, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero... the list just goes on and on... too many too soon

Well Junkyard Dog was killed in an auto accident, Dino Bravo was murdered, but yeah a lot are gone.

Jack Raines Guest
    There was a documentary on CNN last night about steroids and death in pro wrestling, with a heavy focus on the Chris Benoit case. The interview with his father, where he basically says its his fault for buying Chris weights and encouraging his wrestling career was heartbreaking...

It's on YouTube here:

Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Hma-r8MyU

Part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoWZJ4erPHc

Part 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p84zpcoXVSc

Part 4:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPjZl-vsgGw

Part 5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw3-qR_mBo8

Part 6:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZUe_62u57E

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    eddie, crush, sensational sherrie, miss elizabeth & many many more
    here is a small list:
    http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/dead_wrestlers

here is another:
    http://prowrestling.about.com/od/wha...lersdeaths.htm
    ther is another list out there that says how they died, i just can't find it right now, but there have been alot of od's, heart attacks & suicide~

Wow, I had no idea Scarey Sherrie or Miss Elizabeth had died. I'm floored. I remember watching them when I was younger. Such a shame!

ApricotRoses Guest

Benoit

If this freak wanted to kill himself.... fine.... do it dude.

But to kill his wife and child too.....

I don't care how many muscles he has.... he was a....
    COWARD.

Martini Guest
    I was so shocked when the news came out about Chris killing his wife, son and then himself. I knew Chris when he was just starting out, wrestling with Stampede Wrestling out of Calgary. He was just 18 at the time and the sweetest, most gentle man you could meet. What wrestling has done to these people ... I also knew Brian Pilman and Owen Hart, is a crime. Someone has to do some serious investigating regarding this profession, and why some many are turning to drug use and dying so young.

Forever-27 Guest
    Buff Bagwell who used to pal around with Scott Steiner alot broke his back and got out of wrestling. He was doing some interview I saw part of while flipping channels one night searching for a decent informercial. He was spewing names of wrestlers who are and arent still in the WWE. Most of the dead wrestlers overdose. Owen Heart died but his harness broke sum 60 feet in the air in kansas City Missouri as I remember. It was during a Pay Per View. He was doing some kind of stunt and the suspension belt he was wearing gave way. I remember watching the Pay Per View as it happened but naturally they didnt show Owen laying on the mat. The crowd didnt think anything into it since they thought it was all part of the act. I used to be really big into the WWF but got out of it. I turn on Raw now and its all guys ive never heard of so I dont bother. Chris Benoit went over the edge. His kid was handicapped and on occasion hed bring his kid to the matches. Wow I didnt know Bam Bam Bigalow was gone. I went to Superbrawl a number of years ago in San Francisco's Cow Palace and I was so jazzed we got front row , seeing Bam Bam Bigalow do the hardcore match against Hardcore Holly, picking up the chairs right in front of us and slamming over each others heads. James Brown even did a appearance. That was when the WCW was still an orginazitation. Thoes were the final days of the WCW shortly after Holly went to the WWF and so did Jeff Jarret. The WCW folded less then a month later.

Kyliegirl1982 Guest

Chris Benoit

Hey all,

I'm apologizing now if there is a thread dedicated to this gentleman, I was sure which category to put in, but I thought they act on wrestling, therefore in the actors and actresses part, but I'm still a wee bit curious as to what happened, also if anyone knows if any pictures were released. Thanks in advance

To my knowledge I dont think there are any crime scene pics. I know of a pic taken of Chris earlier that day in the Dr's office but thats about it

Authorities have been pretty mum on the details, espically on the evidence. Alot of details in the beginning kept changing ( when they died, how they died( espicallly the boy), where nancy was found kept changing ( Ive heard everything from the den, office, family room and now bathroom) the dogs location kept changing, the cell phone calls etc)and the supposed final report the were finishing up back in November, to my knowledge has NOT been released yet.

Lets not forget the neighbor ( btw the last person to see Chris alive) was supposedly the one to find the bodies( and after which she completly left the state bc she " couldnt handle the media") even though police were on the scene to do a welfare check

I think theyve done such a botched up job from the beginning that theyre afraid to release the dang final report

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    Bret Hart is still among the living...

Jack Raines Guest
    Larry Flynt bought some old nude pics of Nancy Benoit (Chris's murdered wife) from the photographer who took them and they're in the new issue of Hustler magazine. Tasteless, but not surprising...

lisalouver Guest
    Eddie Guerro died here in Minneapolis in a hotel room.

Jack Raines Guest
    The latest rumor going around is that Chris Benoit was having an affair with a WWE women's wrestler named Michelle McCool before the murders. Apparently Michelle had left her husband for Benoit and expected him to leave Nancy for her. Chris didn't intend on leaving Nancy, but once she got wind of the affair, she told Chris she was leaving and taking Daniel with her. And supposedly, thats the real reason Benoit snapped and killed them.

Shortly after the Benoit ordeal, Michelle McCool ended up with the Undertaker (Mark Calloway) who indeed left his wife and two kids to be with her.

Always tasteful, WWE recently did a storyline where Michelle was being abused by her on-screen boyfriend Chuck Palumbo...

That's Michelle McCool in the pic below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	McCool.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	3698  
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 02-18-2008 at 03:14 AM.

so THATS why I no longer see Sara's name tatooted on Undertakers throat/neck. It's been blurred out for a while but I hadnt known he left his wife

How did ya find out the diva Chris having an affair with was Michelle McCool?

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Eddie Guerro died here in Minneapolis in a hotel room.
    get the pics!!LOL J/K

We have to keep this thread active. As a death hag and big wrestling fan I have really wanted to see pics from the Benoit scene and wouldn't mind a shot of Eddie's scene either. I actually saw a FOX5 clip here in NY that had images from the scene after the body removal. They threw in weird detail I hadn't heard before. They said a butcher's knife (unused) was found under daniel's bed. They said after Benoit tied up Nancy and killed her he used wikipedia to research Olijiah of the bible. This biblical character brought his son back to life by lying him on a bed and laying on him three times. They don't know if Benoit tried this but Daniel was found on a bed. It was bizarre, seeing as I never heard these details before. It seems like there are many more details to come out. BTW - on that fox 5 clip they played a voicemail from Benoit that apparently happened after he killed the wife. It was a casual voice mail just checking in on Chavo. Bizarre story.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    get the pics!!LOL J/K
    LOL!!!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    The latest rumor going around is that Chris Benoit was having an affair with a WWE women's wrestler named Michelle McCool before the murders. Apparently Michelle had left her husband for Benoit and expected him to leave Nancy for her. Chris didn't intend on leaving Nancy, but once she got wind of the affair, she told Chris she was leaving and taking Daniel with her. And supposedly, thats the real reason Benoit snapped and killed them.

Shortly after the Benoit ordeal, Michelle McCool ended up with the Undertaker (Mark Calloway) who indeed left his wife and two kids to be with her.

Always tasteful, WWE recently did a storyline where Michelle was being abused by her on-screen boyfriend Chuck Palumbo...

That's Michelle McCool in the pic below:
    Interesing twist. Thanks for that info!

KristinEileen Guest
    I never heard about the Michelle McCool thing! Thanks for that info. My boyfriend used to be obsessed with wrestling and if it's on we will watch it but usually I get disgusted and turn it off. There are so many wrestlers that have died that it is hard to keep track of who died from what that said: Miss Elizabeth was murdered wasn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    We have to keep this thread active. As a death hag and big wrestling fan I have really wanted to see pics from the Benoit scene and wouldn't mind a shot of Eddie's scene either. I actually saw a FOX5 clip here in NY that had images from the scene after the body removal. They threw in weird detail I hadn't heard before. They said a butcher's knife (unused) was found under daniel's bed. They said after Benoit tied up Nancy and killed her he used wikipedia to research Olijiah of the bible. This biblical character brought his son back to life by lying him on a bed and laying on him three times. They don't know if Benoit tried this but Daniel was found on a bed. It was bizarre, seeing as I never heard these details before. It seems like there are many more details to come out. BTW - on that fox 5 clip they played a voicemail from Benoit that apparently happened after he killed the wife. It was a casual voice mail just checking in on Chavo. Bizarre story.
    If Benoit was under this impression, he was wrong. The prophet Elijah just appears out of nowhere in I Kings and absolutely nothing is revealed about his background. At any rate, he did not raise his son (if in fact he even had a family, much less a son) from the dead. He did raise the son of a widow woman. Indeed, he laid the widow's son on his own bed, stretched himself across the child three times, crying out to the Lord to bring the child back to life, and God answered his prayer. I Kings 17.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Blondin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    I never heard about the Michelle McCool thing! Thanks for that info. My boyfriend used to be obsessed with wrestling and if it's on we will watch it but usually I get disgusted and turn it off. There are so many wrestlers that have died that it is hard to keep track of who died from what that said: Miss Elizabeth was murdered wasn't she?
    Elizabeth died at her boyfriend Lex Luger's house. I guess she had been mixing drugs and alcohol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Elizabeth#Death

mhicks0038 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Buff Bagwell who used to pal around with Scott Steiner alot broke his back and got out of wrestling. He was doing some interview I saw part of while flipping channels one night searching for a decent informercial. He was spewing names of wrestlers who are and arent still in the WWE. Most of the dead wrestlers overdose. Owen Heart died but his harness broke sum 60 feet in the air in kansas City Missouri as I remember. It was during a Pay Per View. He was doing some kind of stunt and the suspension belt he was wearing gave way. I remember watching the Pay Per View as it happened but naturally they didnt show Owen laying on the mat. The crowd didnt think anything into it since they thought it was all part of the act. I used to be really big into the WWF but got out of it. I turn on Raw now and its all guys ive never heard of so I dont bother. Chris Benoit went over the edge. His kid was handicapped and on occasion hed bring his kid to the matches. Wow I didnt know Bam Bam Bigalow was gone. I went to Superbrawl a number of years ago in San Francisco's Cow Palace and I was so jazzed we got front row , seeing Bam Bam Bigalow do the hardcore match against Hardcore Holly, picking up the chairs right in front of us and slamming over each others heads. James Brown even did a appearance. That was when the WCW was still an orginazitation. Thoes were the final days of the WCW shortly after Holly went to the WWF and so did Jeff Jarret. The WCW folded less then a month later.
    I have seen this accident online. My hubby is a huge wrestling fan and I always felt that this was so tragic and preventable. I flipped through a book written by Owen Hart's wife and she blames The McMahon's totally for Owen's death, which I think would be justified. It is a tragic story for sure. Recently on some online wrestling news forums, there have been repeated incidents of people claiming to have seen the late wrestler walking in the rafters of the arena he lost his life in. Not one, but MANY reports. If this is true, I think he should pay Mr. McMahon a little 'visit'....scare the pants off him!

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Sick, sick man who murdered his own baby, no more oxygen from me for this fella, he dont deserve it.

Alexandra Guest
    I don't think Benoit was guilty. Too many things just don't add up. I'm convinced it was a triple murder.

You guys should Google "Johnny Lee Clary" and he has a theory about whodunit and why.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I have doubts about how he died. It leaves sio many things in question >he may have gone into a rage and just couldn't stop. I have seen people are steroids and they go off in a flash. Worked with as dispatcer that was taking them and had ot let him go because he was screamingand fighting with tech over nothing.

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I had to take some steroids a couple of years ago for a nasty ass spider bite which infected the tissue in my leg. Let me tell you, it didn't take much for me to go off a couple of times. And I'm talking off my muthafuckin nut to the nth degree. Insane. With what he was on, I can totally see him going apeshit and no knowing what the hell he was doing.

knothere Guest
    Dad: Benoit Was Demented
    Posted Sep 5th 2007 9:14AM by TMZ Staff
    The father of dead WWE star Chris Benoit says that it might have been the effect of multiple concussions, not steroids, that drove Chris to kill his wife and son and then hang himself.

Michael Benoit told Diane Sawyer on this morning's "Good Morning America" that after the tragedy, he turned over part of his son's brain to Julian Bailes, a neurologist at the Sports Legacy Institute. Tissue analysis, said Bailes, showed that Benoit's brain tissue revealed damage similar to those of Alzheimer's patients, suggesting that he was suffering from a form of dementia, which could have led him to snap.

Benoit's dad told Sawyer that his son suffered "multiple concussions," and Dr. Bailes said that just three could lead to serious consequences. Whatever the case, said Michael Benoit, "The person that did this is not the man we know and love."

Alexandra Guest
    First they were SURE it was 'roid rage, now they're SURE it was because of too many flying headbutts.

Make up your minds.

Jack Raines Guest
    The final messages from Chris Benoit's family answering machine have been released to the media.

WSB-TV
    in Atlanta obtained the calls, which were made in the days leading up to the murder-suicide last June. In one of them, Benoit says, "Hi honey, hi Dan-Dan ... Sorry I missed you. I'll try you on your cell phone. Love you." In another, seven-year-old Daniel tells his father, "Hi pooh bear. Be back soon. Just be there, OK? Eh, pooh bear? See ya pooh bear. Love you."

Other messages indicate that Benoit's colleagues were trying to reach him on the Sunday night after the murders took place.

Source: TMZ