Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eva Peron

different kind of girl Guest

Eva Peron

I always thought her story was fascinating. Not so much her life story as her death story. Her body was found after it had been missing for awhile, (I think in Italy?) and she was remarkably preserved. I've seen video of her hair being brushed many many years after her death. Have any of you seen the photos or videos? Anything more to the story?

EVITA'S husband JUAN PERON had his wife's body buried in an aliasly named grave in Italy in 1952. Twenty years later he had her body exhumed and shipped (back) to Argentina. PERON also had cosmeticians update her look & hairdo. Ugh. He kept her around, in part because he believed that it would enhance his popularity with the Argentinians who held his late wife EVA in high regard. Second wife ISABELLE was less than thrilled to have the corpse of wife #1 above ground.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I thought I had heard that before, KELT so thanks for the clarification. Juan, wow, nutty much?

Eva Peron was just a great story, such a fascinating woman.

Zeenie Guest
    It has been widely reported that Juan Peron had the embalmers working on Eva's body weeks before she was dead. They were injecting her with chemicals that would preserve her body once she finally did pass. Apparently, the stench from the chemicals and her body kept most visitors away from her room. He knew that he needed to keep her looking as life-like as possible in order to remain in the public's favor. He actually won reelection in the 70's by touting Eva's body as if she were going to be first lady again. Anyhow, she is remarkably preserved and is back in Argentina. I saw an exhibit in Santa Ana of her death mask, it was done in silver metal. Also, she was very small in stature. They had her Dior gowns and Chanel suits and she was very tiny.

I'm a bit of an Evita hag.

I'm a bit of an Evita hag myself. I didn't know much about her until Madonna's movie - which I LOVE. I hadn't heard about them injecting her before she died?! woah!! Talk about using someone for power, that's unreal.

have seen pictures of her...I think on celebritymorgue.com...not sure though

http://www.celebritymorgue.com/evita-peron/

there it is...

SueWahoo Guest
    Somehow, way back in '76 or '77, my grannie got a batch of promo albums. One of the albums was a 2-LP set of Evita with Julie Covington as Evita and Colm Wilkinson as Che. Aside from being absolutely awesome, there were pictures of Evita in repose on the booklet that came with the set. How cool is that?

Sue

alexmack Guest
    Here's the mask... tres cool indeed!
    Last edited by alexmack; 10-19-2007 at 07:33 AM.

alexmack Guest
    Coffin pic!

Now click here...

This one's a dandy!
    Last edited by alexmack; 10-19-2007 at 07:36 AM.

kelbons Guest
    I remember seeing something about her on a show about (of all things) mummies. I guess technically she is, but I want to say that she's pretty fragile and maybe a few parts have "chipped?" I don't know why, but I want to say a piece of her ear...

She wasn't preserved with formaldehyde, if I remember. Wasn't it some type of wax??
    Last edited by kelbons; 08-27-2008 at 06:29 PM.

Woah! Check out the death mask, that's awesome. I've never seen that before.

Also, take a look at that pic of her in the coffin. Her hands turned black and really kind of disenigrated. wow. I don't know what they used on her, but I've heard that other parts of her didn't fare to well either.

That one coffin pic, with the coffin closed, is eery. I think now she's under lock and key in a vault and you can't see her anymore. It's a shame, I'd love to see her state now.

kelbons Guest
    I didn't notice the hands until you said something. Eww. Is there something wrong with her feet?

On Wiki: "His highly advanced embalming technique consisted of replacing the blood of the cadaver with glycerine, which retained all organs including the brain and created a very lifelike appearance, giving the corpse the appearance of 'artistically rendered sleep'."
    "In 1995, Tomás Eloy MartÃ*nez published "Santa Evita", which detailed many previously unknown facts about the escapades of Evita's corpse, such as the fact that many wax copies of the corpse were made. MartÃ*nez claimed that the corpse was damaged with a hammer and that one officer even committed sexual acts on one of the copies of the corpse."
    Another Eww.
    Last edited by kelbons; 08-27-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Zeenie Guest

Yup, that is the one I saw in Santa Ana, CA about 2 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by alexmack View Post
    Here's the mask... tres cool indeed!

Danse Macabre Guest
    Juan and Evita Peron are synonymous of dictactorship, corruption, populism and crime.
    She was a mediocre actress, but did play her populist and demagogical role as the "mother of the poor" well enough to become a "saint" for many argentineans.
    Specially because of her precocious death, of course. Everyone becomes a saint after death.

I'm sorry, but I was born and raised in South America (Brazil) and know enough of all the evil that politicians like the Perons and others caused and still cause to the whole continent.

I definitelly don't see her as a glamourous figure and don't even think she was pretty.
    Last edited by Danse Macabre; 10-19-2007 at 05:50 PM.

Zeenie Guest
    Ana Cross, there are a lot of people who feel the same way you do. I admire Eva because of the fact that she came from a shitty background, and become one of the most loved, and hated, women in Latin American history. There is something to be admired about the way she made her very passionate speeches, and the way she did become such a beloved figure to some of her people. In no way does that mean that I am denying some of the unsavory practices that she and her husband participated in.

Armcast Guest
    This may be of interest...

Santa Evita - Macabre odyssey of Eva Peron embalmed body
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqiHD6XJoWw

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    This may be of interest...

Santa Evita - Macabre odyssey of Eva Peron embalmed body
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqiHD6XJoWw
    thanks for the link!!

OMG that video was amazing. I know that one of her fingers was broken to prove it was indeed her corpse. Apparently there was one or two copies floating around. Also, Juan Peron's hands were cut off and held for ransom, I think. Never returned. Thank you for that link, those pictures were great.

Wow! They were great, thank you for sharing. I can't get enough. The feet? The nose? Painting her nails? amazing.

It is interesting to hear from someone who is from the area and has a more direct opinion on her. Thanks for the insight, Ana Cross.
    Last edited by different kind of girl; 10-20-2007 at 06:32 PM.

Danse Macabre Guest
    Zeenie and differentkindofgirl

It was just a thought. I hope it didn't sound like I was bashing anyone here. That was not my intention at all.

I agree Eva's myth is bigger than herself today. And understand that all the stories surrounding her death and corpse is interesting to this forum.

But then again, to me she was just a waste of air.

The reason why she's so adored is easy to explain: South America has an incredible and incurable fond with the backwardness. That's it

ginny9577 Guest
    watching that video almost looks like she could just get up and walk out of her coffin...yikes lol

I watched the video again this morning. It's a must see, I think, for any death hag.

Jazbabee Guest
    OMG.....just viewed the video & it was awesome - Thanks for sharing the link !!!!

Cemetry Gates Guest
    Cool video, her face reminds me of Garbo for some reason.

MbalmR Guest
    That was really amazing, thank you for the link. I read that the embalming process cost Juan Peron over $100,000 and took an entire year to complete. I also read that Juan kept Eva's remains in his HOUSE (in Madrid) for awhile, much to the utter horror of this third wife, Isabel. In the dining room, no less.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    WOW!! i would freak out if i went to the dinner table and she was propped up there!! i dont know jack about her, havent even seen that movie, but i would have to say, i hope they have finally let that body go. hell if he wanted to keep her around so much, he should have hired a good taxidermist! thats just kinda freaky i think!

Armcast Guest
    Hi,

I found these series of clips that are from the A&E Biography program Evita: The Woman Beyond the Myth in 5 parts. If you're interested, have a look...

[SIZE=2]Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSrmex5yYPs
    Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_k7RntIwk
    Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Kcs9ZNTXc
    Part 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQpsGkM2dsY
    Part 5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyjJdoxUl6A
    [/SIZE]

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Truly fascinating!

scootershort Guest
    I read somewhere that his third wife, Isabel used to brush her hair in order to please her husband.... that's pretty effed up.

Quote Originally Posted by scootershort View Post
    I read somewhere that his third wife, Isabel used to brush her hair in order to please her husband.... that's pretty effed up.

oh jeez, that is seriously sickening... wouldn't it come out?

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scootershort View Post
    Hmm. I would tell my husband to shove it. Id be afraid her scalp would come off.
    LOL.
    Seriously tho. Eww.
    ~SinKitty

That is the creepiest thing I have heard in a looooong time.

BabyDoll Guest
    great video.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    That video is truly fascinating!

Maruz83 Guest
    Wow keep your dead wife in the house with me ????? NO THANKS !

**Jenna** Guest
    Yep thats what I want my husband to do with me when I die. He can leave me on the couch or in the recliner either is fine with me.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Found this poem from her corpse's point of view http://www.inkpots.net/PDC/005_07.html

Maruz83 Guest
    That's a sad poem.. oh poor dead body !

pvezz Guest
    I don't know alot about her, but watching that video, wow! It's like the Argentinians thought of her as the Holy Mother...

Umm guys I kinda have a stupid question. What is a death mask?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

sunshine74137 Guest
    They cover the corpses face in plaster, and when it dries there is a perfect reverse image of the death face. then the plaster mould is filled with a liquified substance, in this case metal, allowed to set up. then it is removed and, volia a 3 deminsional copy of the death face.

Chevyheaven Guest
    No I havent heard anything about her. I do love it when she sings dont cry for me Argentina. Thats pretty cool.

Mikey86 Guest

Evita Peron

Born on 7th of May, died 26th July 1952.
    The most powerful late First Lady of Argentina is I guess also one of the most fascinating dead persons. That's because her body was embalmed with a secret technique that stood the test of time making her look almost the same the day she died. The body was also engaged in macabre oddyssey to Europe.
    Here are pictures in color from 70 - ties when her body returned to Argentina and was prepared for her final rest.
    Great material. Helps a lot to imagine more precisely how she looked and makes me feel personally like the time stopped for her forever.
    Such a masterpiece. Too bad she's no longer on public display like for example Lenin.

Your thoughts on the subject Dear Death Hags ?

Unbelievable. She looks like she's only sleeping. Wonder what that "secret technique" was...

Jane_Doe Guest
    It truly is remarkable. I think I remember reading that all of her organs and whatnot were successfully embalmed as well. Basically, she's frozen inside and out in one moment.
    The body was hidden too at one point, if I'm not mistaken? And I think when recovered those who saw her marvelled over the lack of damage to the body.

bunny Guest
    sorry how long had she been dead for when these pics were taken?

there is a complete story of evita on youtube, including the famous embalming...just do a search, and add 'part 1'..etc..
    pull the string!

Mikey86 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    sorry how long had she been dead for when these pics were taken?
    From 1952 until 1974. From 1974 her body was placed in family crypt at Recoleta Cemetary and not seen again.
    I guess she looks the same. In 2006 her husband Juan Peron was exhumed and buried in mausoleum made in his summer grounds of San Vincente estate. There is prepared place at his side for other coffin which obviously will be some day that of Evita Peron. But for now her still one living sister did not gave permission tu exhume Evita's embalmed body due to macabre history of travels that late First Lady mortal remains were involved.

This may have been addressed already, if it has, my apologies..... what was so special about her embalming? I read they used gelatin....what gives? Why is it so much better than what is used now?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I may be alone in this but I think it's kind of gross. It's almost like 'human taxidermy'...just so unnatural.
    Whose idea was it to do this to her body--hers I hope?
    If not it seems like some sort of violation. I would haunt the living hell out of anyone who did that to my body.
    Ashes to ashes, man...yuck.