Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keddie Resort murders

pattykad Guest

Keddie Resort murders

I stumbled on the cabin28 site last night regarding the Keddie resort
    murders in California in the early 80s. I was not familiar with this
    story before and the website forum is unbelievable. It is full of
    family members, aquaintences, people who think they know something...simply some amazing stuff going on there. Sadly, no
    answers to who did it yet, but I have a feeling that some posters
    know more than they let on. Could the murderer be on that
    board? Very freaky and very engrossing. Google it.

Jazbabee Guest
    Sounds interesting. I googled, and here is 1 basic link to the Keddie Resort....will post more later if I find some good stuff

http://asylumeclectica.com/asylum/si.../ca/keddie.htm
    Last edited by Jazbabee; 04-19-2008 at 10:39 AM.

That was a great read!! Thank you!

redkatrampant Guest
    Wow. Some major egos in that forum!

Great read, sad story. Thanks for sharing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

motherogod Guest
    I read this stuff a few years ago... fascinating story! Thanks for the links. I hadn't looked since the cabin was destroyed. I can understand their wanting to get rid of the haunted place, but man we're losing too many historically valuable places because of this! Why didn't that psychic offer her powers to "cleanse" the cabin to see if the evil nature of the hauntings would change to all nice and pleasant?

Frustrating! Also, I'm sure the condemned signs and crumbling presentation only added to the creepiness. Dang, sorry I missed it.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Too bad they destroyed the place. Our technology for dna has come so far since the murders. I wonder why the didn't get a person that can talk to the dead in there
    like the one Scott Petersons mother hired and Laci said her husband killed her . Now all evidence that could be collected is gone. I don't know if I could stay in a place that had such a brutal unsloved murder. I just may get the creeps.

pattykad Guest
    I located a woman who lived in the cabin with her husband and
    children for several years after the murders. She's a very interesting,
    nice person and will send photos. She did not know of the history
    when she rented the cabin and they did have many happy times
    there. If it makes us feel better, there probably wasn't much left
    in the way of evidence since others did live there for so long
    after it happened.

pattykad Guest

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    I located a woman who lived in the cabin with her husband and
    children for several years after the murders. She's a very interesting,
    nice person and will send photos. She did not know of the history
    when she rented the cabin and they did have many happy times
    there. If it makes us feel better, there probably wasn't much left
    in the way of evidence since others did live there for so long
    after it happened.

Wow- way to go patty!=)

NOVSTORM Guest
    Wow in the other site they said they boarded that cabin up right after the murders because people were going in there and the people that owned the place were afraid someone would get hurt. Also they went back in there before it was destroyed and got more dna evidence off of the walls ect. How did she live in there?

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Wow in the other site they said they boarded that cabin up right after the murders because people were going in there and the people that owned the place were afraid someone would get hurt. Also they went back in there before it was destroyed and got more dna evidence off of the walls ect. How did she live in there?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lisamarie Guest
    Wow!!! Creepy man..great thread!!! Okay between this and the Girlscout murders anyone off camping for a while!!! Okay my thoughts..Im thinking they know who did this!! It sounds to me there were several persons of intrest..also do we think the girl Tina was taken for sexual reasons?? Sex slave type thing?? They never found her body??? Just her head?? I cannot believe no one heard anything!!! I would have loved to go through that cabin! What a shame they tore it down!!!!Eeerie!!!!Thought????Any pics of the victims???

hlh004 Guest
    it said that the little girl tina was missing...
    did they ever find her?

hlh004 Guest
    nevermind, i guess they found her dead too
    but her brothers friend lived or what?

NOVSTORM Guest
    I stopped camping in the 70's after they found 7 grown men in Big Sur that had been methodically murdered one by one as they returned to their cabin. I won't go where it is isolated . This cabin was away from every one and they were not found for 4 days until a wife called the police because her husband never came back from the trip. My idea of camping is ..a motel where I can sleep and take a shower. I like to fish in the daytime and then have a bbq on the beach or lake front. I never felt "alone" at my parents place as there were other people there and we watched out for one another. But I am not pitching a tent in the middle of no where. If they can kill people while they are camping at Yosemite they can find you too.

pattykad Guest
    I will do some checking with her on what years she lived there and
    see what other info I can gather. More to follow...

I'd like to know more about those Big Sur murders too...yikes!

Last year, in the Boundary Waters State Park, there was a family with
    young children
    that was harassed by locals while camping. Truly a scarey
    story almost out of a movie. The good news is that they caught
    the jerks and charges were filed. But I bet you never get over
    that.

Lisamarie Guest
    wow!!! Scary stuff! I have never been camping..but I really dont want too now!!! Is this perhaps the insperation for the Friday the 13th movies???

pattykad Guest
    http://www.startribune.com/local/14014046.html

Here is an update on the local camping harassment story.
    Unfortunately, you don't get the whole story which was
    pretty frightening. But it did mention that they fired 40-50 shots
    which would scare the hell out of anyone. Can you imagine
    a family with little kids?

OMG that would scare me to death. It's fortunate no one was injured or killed, and I must say, the punishment was just a mere slap on the wrist, IMO.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

When I was a little kid, my best friend's family had a similar experience. There were five of them trying to sleep in their pop-up camper, and her dad yelled to the next campsite to ask them to keep their music down. The five guys responded by circling their camper on their motorcycles, pounding the camper with sticks. This was 1972, long before cell phones. Fortunately, another set of campers drove to the ranger station and called the cops, but the bikers fled before the cops got there.

They sold the camper before the summer was out.

xenaswolf Guest
    Ok I got the gist of the story, a gory mass murder in a cabin in Keddie. I can't make heads or tails out of the message boards though. I did understand that there was a movie about all this?

Ok now I'm curious...

pattykad Guest
    I had some problems with their message board too...I had to go way
    back and try and catch up. On the board is "Sassy" who is Sheila,
    the sister that found her family dead. There is also "Richard",
    Sheila's boyfriend at the time of the murders (Sheila was 13 and
    pregnant with Richard's baby). "Richard's mother", who knew all
    the people involved, "Greg" who supposedly was the last to see
    the boys alive, and various other town people who knew the
    people invovled. Greg is really different--they constantly catch
    him lying--maybe just needs attention, I don't know. Also, in the
    forum I saw the brother and wife of one of the suspects who are
    still trying to clear relatives names. (Bo and Marty are the suspects who
    have both since died).

And then there are a few persons who are trying to keep the story alive
    to find the killers and what appears to be someone who is writing
    a book on it.

Lot's of infighting going on there in the forum. Hope that helps
    with the players.

Lisamarie Guest
    They say there is a documentry on it and its pretty creepy! Man I wish they had not torn down the cabin..I wonder if there is any evidence they have at all?? Also crime scene photos.......there had to be some taken??

xenaswolf Guest
    I had some problems with their message board too...I had to go way
    back and try and catch up. On the board is "Sassy" who is Sheila,
    the sister that found her family dead. There is also "Richard",
    Sheila's boyfriend at the time of the murders (Sheila was 13 and
    pregnant with Richard's baby). "Richard's mother", who knew all
    the people involved, "Greg" who supposedly was the last to see
    the boys alive, and various other town people who knew the
    people invovled. Greg is really different--they constantly catch
    him lying--maybe just needs attention, I don't know. Also, in the
    forum I saw the brother and wife of one of the suspects who are
    still trying to clear relatives names. (Bo and Marty are the suspects who
    have both since died).

And then there are a few persons who are trying to keep the story alive
    to find the killers and what appears to be someone who is writing
    a book on it.

Lot's of infighting going on there in the forum. Hope that helps
    with the players.
    Bless you! I was about to give up and say to heck with it because I could not keep the players straight!

pattykad Guest
    I would love to get my hands on the documentary but I haven't quite
    figured out how to do so. No photos that I have seen or heard about either, in fact I wish there was better photos of the people involved. It will
    make a very interesting book someday if this guy ever gets it done.

Lisamarie Guest
    I havent even seen the vistime at all??? I also have heard it mentioned thats a ton of drugs were all over that place....and bad LSD .....hmmmm...makes you wonder.

Lisamarie Guest
    oops victims....

Jazbabee Guest
    I would love to get my hands on the documentary but I haven't quite
    figured out how to do so. No photos that I have seen or heard about either, in fact I wish there was better photos of the people involved. It will
    make a very interesting book someday if this guy ever gets it done.
    I am interested in the movie/documentary that has been talked about on the boards. Can't seem to locate one tho.......if anyone stumbles across it, would you mind sharing where you found it ??

xenaswolf Guest
    I'm gonna try and delve into that board for real this weekend when I can spend lots of time just keeping track!

ETA: Yep if anyone gets a copy of that video let me know, I'd love to see it. Same with crime scene photos!

BigBootyJudy Guest
    This site has some info as well as pics of the cabin before it was torn down.
    http://asylumeclectica.com/asylum/si.../ca/keddie.htm

Still looking for the actual crime scene photos. Not sure they are out there though.
    Last edited by BigBootyJudy; 04-22-2008 at 08:24 AM.

carrieann Guest
    Has anyone seen the trailer for the movie The Strangers? It says its based on true events and was wondering if it was these murders.

Wow this is truly creepy. I have never heard of this before. Some neighbors were talking about the town being haunted.. I wonder if they had these thoughts before the murders
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I stopped camping in the 70's after they found 7 grown men in Big Sur that had been methodically murdered one by one as they returned to their cabin. I won't go where it is isolated . This cabin was away from every one and they were not found for 4 days until a wife called the police because her husband never came back from the trip. My idea of camping is ..a motel where I can sleep and take a shower. I like to fish in the daytime and then have a bbq on the beach or lake front. I never felt "alone" at my parents place as there were other people there and we watched out for one another. But I am not pitching a tent in the middle of no where. If they can kill people while they are camping at Yosemite they can find you too.
    I aint afraid of nuffin!! If those guys wanna come and mess wif me I say bring it! I love to fight and scrap.
    I dont understand why people would just pointlessly kill folks..especially families. But that is the crazy world we live in where anything will/could happen and the only certainty we all have is that we all will one day die.
    Last edited by Chevyheaven; 05-09-2008 at 08:51 AM.

PvN73 Guest
    Ohh that was spooky to read, I really shouldnt do that so late at night! I had never heard of this before, so bizarre that no one heard anything though. I would love to read the book on it or watch a doco, hopefully something comes out on it. The pics on the website linked by Jezbabee were great, thanks for that.

I wonder if the grounds will still be haunted, I wouldnt stay there for quids!

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    Ohh that was spooky to read, I really shouldnt do that so late at night! I had never heard of this before, so bizarre that no one heard anything though. I would love to read the book on it or watch a doco, hopefully something comes out on it. The pics on the website linked by Jezbabee were great, thanks for that.

I wonder if the grounds will still be haunted, I wouldnt stay there for quids!

I would guess that if they think the cabin was haunted as a result from the murders that the grounds would still hold some energy. Lots of times destroying the house doesn't do anything because the spirits are still tied to that area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

hoxharding Guest
    A woman in Indiana was decapitated years ago-she was living in a tent. I
    stupidly mentioned it to an English teacher(I think the murdered woman was reading Walt Whitman-there was a reason I mentioned it)
    Anyway, I say 'stupid;y' because she then told me she had gone to school with the victim.
    yeah,awkward...

Anyway, I tried to look at the message board. I must be looking at it incorrectly somehow. I just see a bunch of people who insult each other and accuse each other of lying. I could not find any post without 'fighting words'
    Last edited by hoxharding; 05-09-2008 at 12:46 PM.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I have been in that site 50 times and they really go after one another. There are so many "family memebers " on there and so many people that "know who did it" yet no ones seems top be able to prove it.

sunshine74137 Guest
    What a place, a nice drug friendly town, a good place for a 13 year old to raise her child

Quote Originally Posted by carrieann View Post
    Has anyone seen the trailer for the movie The Strangers? It says its based on true events and was wondering if it was these murders.
    The website for the movie says it is based on these murders.

sunshine74137 Guest
    From the looks of the place "resort" is a stretch

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    The website for the movie says it is based on these murders.
    Someone on IMDB brought up a good point. Even if you have not heard of the actual case, you know there is a very big chance it has the death of the two characters.
    I don't have spoiler-this is why I am not typing spoiler.
    The person pointed put the trailer's voice-over indicates no one has EVER found out what happened.
    So, if either survive,wouldn't one recount the events?
    Therefore,aren't they saying no one survived?
    Hmmmm

hoxharding Guest
    This is fun-it is on the official film website-here it is. Personalize message/ad!

http://thestrangers.varitalk.com/

the documentary on the crimes is here: http://www.keddiemurdersmovie.com/index.htm , under the tab that says "video"

the doc & the website both have a couple of interesting shots of the interior and the crime scene.

Lisamarie Guest
    Awesome!!!!!! Thankyou!!! You rock hard core!!!!!! My afternoon is planned!!!!!

Morto Guest
    I lived about half an hour from there when it happened.All the towns up in that area are quite small with a gas station and General store the Plumas County Sheriffs Department never had anything like that happen EVER,they were lost very sad situation.

Lisamarie Guest
    I still dont get whay no one hear anything!!

Lisamarie Guest
    Okay just watched the entire documentry and I have more questions than answers.....also I must say what beautiful children they were..they did flash on the crime scene briefly so crime scene pics are out there..what I dont get is the two boys sleep through the entire thing??? They say there were knife marks on the wall meaning they had to be hitting that hard wall aking thud noises....man what the hell happened to those poor people....also the poor girl I think was taken for sexual resons....they even say that ..she was so beautiful and someone wanted her....just heartbreaking.....I wonder though if they exhumed the boddies what evidence if any is still there??

Lisamarie Guest
    its creepy too see pics of them sitting on the very couch they would be murdered on!!!

Vamp Guest
    The killers were obviously very angry. Could it have been the father of the children? Did anyone investigate him? Or was there an active serial killer in the area at that time?