Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Roman Polanski

TheMysterian Guest

Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski has enjoyed life of luxury on the lam

Just seen the sister of Sharon Tate on TV defending Roman Polanski
    for the rape of a 13 year old child.
    What a hypocrite she is this person is supposed to be a victims advocate.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Just seen the sister of Sharon Tate on TV defending Roman Polanski
    for the rape of a 13 year old child.
    What a hypocrite she is this person is supposed to be a victims advocate.

I think we are back to the 'Ted Kennedy' thing here.
    I think people lack the moral compass to prosecute someone who is seen as a high power in their field.
    This is the reason so many people get away with what they do for so long.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Screw Debra Tate, if she isn't defending her sister, she should just stfu. Who cares what she thinks.

Giada Guest
    Woody had to submit to a psych eval and it was advised he not be in the presence of any of the children alone. His relationship with the then 5 year old Dylan was considered abnormal. He leads the Polanski A team.

Polanski believes Americans are, "prudish," in regard to sex, has never admitted, nor does he believe he did anything wrong.

Where are those in the film biz who believe Polanski committed a crime?

cherryghost Guest
    Wasnt Switzerland the country everyone once stived to get to for freedom! Switzerland was always neutral expecially in WW2
    Me I join the ranks of the left wing commie types that belives the man was making bad judgements after a life of extreme circumstance... surviving the holocaust ...and Auschwitz...as a child and then going on to a tortured creative life played out mostly in his films untill the horrific murders of his wife and unborn child in 1970 by the Manson Murders.
    His life has been marked by one extreme to another throughout! Huge tragedy and then great success or triumph!
    Understandably creative type process !
    I Stand by him and not his innocence I dont think Roman Polanski was ever an innocent not even as a 6yr old child in ww2 ! But I think he is a man who has very different ways of seeing the world informed by his own circumstance!
    He is not a peadophile in my eyes but an artist who stepped over boundries and found himself in the wrong!
    To punish him for that is wrong when he has never repeated the act or been sort out by the woman he wronged says a lot I think!
    Let this flawed man make his own atonement! IMOP
    I love Polanski for his films and his role as a survivor! He is as much a victim and has suffered for decades for his mistake with this young girl and the mother who encouraged that day of drug induced wrong doing! Let Roman rest and if he did return to America perhaps it would finally clear up all! As a man with his history I imagine he is full of guilt and a sense of persecution that relates back to his holocaust days! IMOP
    Last edited by cherryghost; 09-30-2009 at 08:12 AM.

cherryghost Guest
    Im not sure why Woody Allen has come into this context! Its not relevent apart from them both being film directors. The comparison stops there I think!

cherryghost Guest
    A boycott amounts to censorship of those film directors!

Censorship denies people of choice! More people then seek out those films and artists.

Now days we all have ways of getting what we want on the net and resourcing in all ways! Regardless. There is always so much more to the story than meets the eye anyway!

I guess there is a whole lot more to the story of Roman and even that of Woody but oh it would be too detailed and its so easy to just read and believe without really looking at it from all angles. IMOP
    Last edited by cherryghost; 09-30-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Screw Debra Tate, if she isn't defending her sister, she should just stfu. Who cares what she thinks.
    LOL! Love it 7 Agreed..... I could be wrong, but didn't he hook up with one of Sharons youngers sister's after she died or was that some other sick freak?
    My Posse's On Broadway

So just because they make movies you enjoy gives them the right to bang young girls? Lots of people had rough lives, that don't make them above law.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 09-30-2009 at 08:22 AM.

I wish there was a way to let these "celebrity supporter's" know that this is bullshit and he is a sick bastard and it's not in their best interest to support a child rapist. Ohhh, wait, they don't care - he is a "remarkable artist"... Fuck that - he can be a "remarkable artist" in jail - he can draw some Chola's with teardrops and draw some pictures of Mickey Mouse and send them to his "fans". (Side note - how come every time someone gets sent to the pokey they start drawing Chola's and Mickey?) - jus askin.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Wasnt Switzerland the country everyone once stived to get to for freedom! Switzerland was always neutral expecially in WW2
    Me I join the ranks of the left wing commie types that belives the man was making bad judgements after a life of extreme circumstance... surviving the holocaust ...and Auschwitz...as a child and then going on to a tortured creative life played out mostly in his films untill the horrific murders of his wife and unborn child in 1970 by the Manson Murders.
    His life has been marked by one extreme to another throughout! Huge tragedy and then great success or triumph!
    Understandably creative type process !
    I Stand by him and not his innocence I dont think Roman Polanski was ever an innocent not even as a 6yr old child in ww2 ! But I think he is a man who has very different ways of seeing the world informed by his own circumstance!
    He is not a peadophile in my eyes but an artist who stepped over boundries and found himself in the wrong!
    To punish him for that is wrong when he has never repeated the act or been sort out by the woman he wronged says a lot I think!
    Let this flawed man make his own atonement! IMOP
    I love Polanski for his films and his role as a survivor! He is as much a victim and has suffered for decades for his mistake with this young girl and the mother who encouraged that day of drug induced wrong doing! Let Roman rest and if he did return to America perhaps it would finally clear up all! As a man with his history I imagine he is full of guilt and a sense of persecution that relates back to his holocaust days! IMOP
    Oh Cherry my love - say it isn't so..... Agree to disagree....
    My Posse's On Broadway

Giada Guest
    Boycotting is a choice.

For those who choose to support Polanski, I choose not to support their films.

And, for those who spoke for gay rights, supported Prop 8 and both produced and starred in films, eg, MILK, Brokeback Mtn, I supported.

I'm also a great supporter of indie films, Film Movement, Sundance, Spirit Awards.

No censorship involved in my actions, only choice

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Just can't but think what the late Dominick Dunne a writer
    would have said about this situation Roman Polanski finds
    himself in.
    Dominick Dunne wrote about how the rich and famous
    could sometimes get away with a crime because of their
    fame and money.
    Interesting that Domonic never did write about this situation it was definately in his time and demographic! Did he ever make any comment on this deathhags? If not its a wonder why! Isnt it! Or did he have something to say and we need to research!

15. 09-30-2009, 08:29 AM

cherryghost Guest
    Anyone bringing their own unresolved sexual abuse and pedopheliac experiences to this forum should certainly seek professional help! This isnt the forum to discuss that in or bear comparisons too! There are other outlets more appropriate.

Impatience Guest
    Anyone bringing their own unresolved sexual abuse and pedopheliac experiences to this forum should certainly seek professional help! This isnt the forum to discuss that in or bear comparisons too! There are other outlets more appropriate.
    speechless.

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Oh Cherry my love - say it isn't so..... Agree to disagree....
    I just had to say what I think and of course I love anyone who disagrees its good to disagree and go with our hearts and what we feel sometimes!

Me I feel for Roman I feel empathy! Cant explain but have done here. Go Roman if I have to! LOL

I feel strongly about his situ and dont believe he is anymore a pedophile than any other artist throughout the history of art! Read up!

The history of art is about sex and the young muse, there is a context and context is not interpreted in sexual abuse or pedophelia!

The times we live in have become very expoititive and abusive.Re internet etc, New lines need to be drawn but Art is art and then everyone has an opinion. Sometimes those with an opinion dont know nothing ? That said the times we live in have become very restrictive and conservative as well! Let us all read and be informed about everything and then voice our opinions calmly and sweetly so we dont get smashed in the head or banned LOL!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 09-30-2009 at 08:55 AM.

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    speechless.

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    speechless.
    Im serious!

LOL! Love it 7 Agreed..... I could be wrong, but didn't he hook up with one of Sharons youngers sister's after she died or was that some other sick freak?
    I think you're thinking of Peter Bogdonovich who hooked up with the younger sister of Dorothy Stratton. Still a sicko if you ask me.
    "Dying is just nature's way of saying, hey, you're not alive anymore!"

22. 09-30-2009, 08:58 AM

I think it is apalling that this is even a point of discussion. The guy sodomized a 13 year old and fled the country. It worrys me that so many people's idea of "right and wrong" is so off that they think he should just be allowed to get away with it.
    Last edited by Inked_Daddy; 09-30-2009 at 09:06 AM.

Is he a true pedophile? I don't know. Did he rape an underage girl? YES. She was plied with booze and drugs so her defenses were down. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I really don't understand how anyone could defend his actions and support him in anyway. If it had been my daughter (although I would have NEVER let her go with any man, alone), I would have cut his Polish Sausage off! He's a creepy little man who needs to own up to what he did.

I'm sure poor Sharon is in heaven wondering what the FUCK is wrong with him. I'm sure she showed more courage in her final moments than he has hiding out the last 30 years.
    "Dying is just nature's way of saying, hey, you're not alive anymore!"

cherryghost Guest
    Good in the history of Artists they have always loved young girls! No excuse mind you but you dont see 30yr old bums and tits in paintings nor do we want to see them in art or Films or our fashion magazines! Own up everyone we have become accustomed to seeing very young girls and younger all the time in fashion shoots and why is every actress shooting up botox to look 16 again! I know its off topic but really its the reality of life we need to look at and youth becoming again back to the age old reverence of youth! Not the expoitation of it but an observation of it! An there is no power like the power of youth! Sorry for the off subject but Roman like any artist is interested in youth and its power thats what got him into trouble and thats what is getting artists into trouble now today! Another thread yeah I think so! Let me find the time after my mother in laws funeral!

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle8461 View Post
    Is he a true pedophile? I don't know. Did he rape an underage girl? YES. She was plied with booze and drugs so her defenses were down. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I really don't understand how anyone could defend his actions and support him in anyway. If it had been my daughter (although I would have NEVER let her go with any man, alone), I would have cut his Polish Sausage off! He's a creepy little man who needs to own up to what he did.

I'm sure poor Sharon is in heaven wondering what the FUCK is wrong with him. I'm sure she showed more courage in her final moments than he has hiding out the last 30 years.
    Im amazed at the insight you have into Sharon and her thoughts LOL!

Giada Guest
    Polanski's crime was not only against Samantha, but against the laws of the State of California.

Polanski's life style is better suited to Europe where this behavior is acceptable, (eg Vatican City, age 12).

However, Polanski resided in and worked in California, therefore, subject to state laws.

His involvement with the film production is a separate issue from the act of committing a crime.

Our LA Times is reporting Californians believe 10-1 Polanski should be returned and sentenced.

His interest in the, "arts," does not grant him special favor. One in three women will suffer sexual abuse in a lifetime. This is a hot button issue for us in this state.

Polanski's, "sexual needs," do not take precedence over the rights and needs of a child.

pvezz Guest
    Excellent point, Giada. You put it more succintly than I could have.

I haven't read this whole thread, but am I correct that I heard that the victim doesn't want him to be prosecuted?

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Excellent point, Giada. You put it more succintly than I could have.

I haven't read this whole thread, but am I correct that I heard that the victim doesn't want him to be prosecuted?
    Thank you, and yes Samantha does not want Roman pursued. The reasons behind this would only be speculative, eg, was it due to the civil settlement, or enough time has passed so that she has gained a sense of healing, or even, the media pursuits for interviews. She also has three children and may not want them under public scrutiny.

It's my understanding there is more information about the case that will be brought to light, that are unfavorable toward Polanski.

At this point in time the DA's office plans to continue to extradition and sentencing.

Polanski's free to continue to file for dismissal predicated on prosecutorial mis-conduct.

It is weird to me how these film directors are supporting Polanski.
    Remember how the Catholic Church was taken to tasked and sued all over the place for protecting child abusers.
    Same Rhetoric, give them another chance, good at what they do, ETC.
    I guess as long as the victims are not your children, its OK.
    The children are the victims here, not Polanski.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Woody Allen...LOL

I was a fan of his back in the '70's. But when he started schtuping his teenage adopted daughter and I read about his oddball living arrangement requirements with Mia Farrow before that happened, it made me wonder if the real reason he didn't require what he did was a means of being able get away with what he did there. After all this time, I still think it was. So his support of Polanski? Waste of ink and completely screwball of him to even touch if he doesn't think that he's going to be dredging up what he did for a whole new generation.

Great films back in the day, still fucked up individuals now.

I could not agree with you more regarding Woody Allen. It is almost laughable.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I hope Polanski gets a fair trial this time. That didn't happen previously, so if the L.A. County court system can get its shit together and give him a fair trial with a judge that isn't a filthy media whore, maybe he can finally put all this behind him. Whether he does any further time or not isn't the issue--the issue is that the man has never received a proper trial with due process. He would never have fled the country if he hadn't been railroaded and lied to--he was ready to face the music but the trial was a joke and he knew it, as did his attorney.

From the Boston Globe, by Matthew Gilbert:

You didn't think courthouse media circuses were invented in the 1990s, with the O.J. Simpson trial, did you? A new HBO documentary reminds us of the long, unhappy intercourse between the tabloid-minded media and the justice system by dissecting the case of director Roman Polanski, who pled guilty to charges of unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977.
    Called "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired," and smartly directed by Marina Zenovich, the movie is not exactly an attempt to exonerate Polanski, who fled the United States to France in 1978 after his conviction. Instead, it operates like a well-researched procedural film about how the trial was mishandled, relying heavily on frank interviews with those who were behind the closed doors as the case unfolded. The movie, tonight at 9, doesn't casually let Polanski off the hook for his behavior, so much as it expands our understanding of the facts surrounding his ultimate decision to leave town.
    The cast in the film includes Polanski's now-retired defense attorney, Douglas Dalton, and Dalton's now-retired counterpart in the trial, Santa Monica Assistant District Attorney Roger Gunson, as well as Polanski's victim, Samantha Geimer, 45, who says that Polanski did not get a fair trial. The only major figure who does not talk is Superior Court Judge Laurence Rittenband, who died in 1994. As the movie breaks down the proceedings, it becomes increasingly clear that Rittenband did not successful maintain his integrity or his objectivity. A judge who apparently enjoyed his role in celebrity cases involving Elvis Presley, Marlon Brando, and Cary Grant, he engaged both attorneys in the Polanski case in deceptions, he played to the media in a press conference, and he allowed public perception to affect his decision-making.
    Early in "Wanted and Desired," in an old clip, we see the director saying to Mike Wallace, "I think I was very unfortunate to have a judge who misused justice." It sounds like a defensive claim, but by the end of the documentary, it seems on the mark.
    Zenovich doesn't go overboard in trying to psychoanalyze Polanski, whose life has been a series of personal tragedies and artistic triumphs. There are sequences about how his childhood was destroyed by the Nazis, who put both of his parents in concentration camps, and there is some heartbreaking footage regarding the murder of his pregnant wife, Sharon Tate, in 1969, and his resulting devastation. But I never felt manipulated into sympathy, so much as drawn into a greater understanding of Polanski's unusual, impish manner and the depth of his wounds. When you see the way he is mobbed and accused after his wife's murder, with intimate footage that throws you right into the anarchy of cameras and microphones, you can't help but gain a firmer grasp of the intensity of fear and mistrust.
    If you go into "Wanted and Desired" with preconceptions, prepare to feel them challenged and altered, even if they are ultimately confirmed. The facts speak loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I hope Polanski gets a fair trial this time. That didn't happen previously, so if the L.A. County court system can get its shit together and give him a fair trial with a judge that isn't a filthy media whore, maybe he can finally put all this behind him. Whether he does any further time or not isn't the issue--the issue is that the man has never received a proper trial with due process. He would never have fled the country if he hadn't been railroaded and lied to--he was ready to face the music but the trial was a joke and he knew it, as did his attorney.

You didn't think courthouse media circuses were invented in the 1990s, with the O.J. Simpson trial, did you? A new HBO documentary reminds us of the long, unhappy intercourse between the tabloid-minded media and the justice system by dissecting the case of director Roman Polanski, who pled guilty to charges of unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977.
    Called "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired," and smartly directed by Marina Zenovich, the movie is not exactly an attempt to exonerate Polanski, who fled the United States to France in 1978 after his conviction. Instead, it operates like a well-researched procedural film about how the trial was mishandled, relying heavily on frank interviews with those who were behind the closed doors as the case unfolded. The movie, tonight at 9, doesn't casually let Polanski off the hook for his behavior, so much as it expands our understanding of the facts surrounding his ultimate decision to leave town.
    The cast in the film includes Polanski's now-retired defense attorney, Douglas Dalton, and Dalton's now-retired counterpart in the trial, Santa Monica Assistant District Attorney Roger Gunson, as well as Polanski's victim, Samantha Geimer, 45, who says that Polanski did not get a fair trial. The only major figure who does not talk is Superior Court Judge Laurence Rittenband, who died in 1994. As the movie breaks down the proceedings, it becomes increasingly clear that Rittenband did not successful maintain his integrity or his objectivity. A judge who apparently enjoyed his role in celebrity cases involving Elvis Presley, Marlon Brando, and Cary Grant, he engaged both attorneys in the Polanski case in deceptions, he played to the media in a press conference, and he allowed public perception to affect his decision-making.
    Early in "Wanted and Desired," in an old clip, we see the director saying to Mike Wallace, "I think I was very unfortunate to have a judge who misused justice." It sounds like a defensive claim, but by the end of the documentary, it seems on the mark.
    Zenovich doesn't go overboard in trying to psychoanalyze Polanski, whose life has been a series of personal tragedies and artistic triumphs. There are sequences about how his childhood was destroyed by the Nazis, who put both of his parents in concentration camps, and there is some heartbreaking footage regarding the murder of his pregnant wife, Sharon Tate, in 1969, and his resulting devastation. But I never felt manipulated into sympathy, so much as drawn into a greater understanding of Polanski's unusual, impish manner and the depth of his wounds. When you see the way he is mobbed and accused after his wife's murder, with intimate footage that throws you right into the anarchy of cameras and microphones, you can't help but gain a firmer grasp of the intensity of fear and mistrust.
    If you go into "Wanted and Desired" with preconceptions, prepare to feel them challenged and altered, even if they are ultimately confirmed. The facts speak loudly.
    I wonder how objective Marina Zenovich is. I hope this is not a case of a filmmaker protecting one of their own. I have no idea either way.
    Last edited by Inked_Daddy; 09-30-2009 at 03:14 PM.

sheri Guest
    Celebs cry foul when they don't get a verdict they want. Polanski is no different. I also don't care how hard of a childhood he may or may not have had. He was an adult who raped a child. It's that simple really. Do the crime, do the time. I also don't care if the girl's mother 'gave permission.' She's stupid and guilty of something, what I don't know.

There are plenty of people - celebs and non celebs - that regardless of childhoods, don't commit crimes as adults. They exercise self control. OJ didn't do this, Polanski didn't, Woody Allen didn't, etc. And as someone said up-post, Polanski has been simply hiding out all these years. That just reaffirms the guilty charge to a lot of people.

We can agree to disagree, but this little impish man is the one that has issues and problems. Who is he to call American prudish when it comes to sex, when he's the one that got this girl plastered and then raped her? He is no one. The only REAL reason why he is even being discussed is because he is the widow of Sharon Tate, and father of a deceased unborn child - both of whom were murdered by Manson and his 'family.'

RubySlippers Guest
    Sharon's sister was defending him on the Today show this morning. Although I can see it being 30 plus years, nobodies have found themselves serving some serious time, not to mention being labeled a sex offender for life. Why should RP be treated any different?!
    WHATEVER.

Taggerez Guest
    This "auteur" theory of defense for Polanski is interesting. So if the guy was a lousy filmmaker he should be thrown in jail? C'mon!

Also, this "he made a mistake" defense. A mistake is when you spell Mississippi with one p. Polanski didn't make a mistake, he deliberately set out to drug and rape a 13-year-old. Which leads to a third "defense:" that she was a little floozy with a sorry mom. Yeah, rape her Roman, teach the little slut a lesson.

Good lord!

thinkering Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    If you are stupid enough to flirt with grown men and take your clothes off in front of them, then you are old enough to hide the sausage.
    I disagree. Out of the simple fact that there's hypersexual children out there that attempt to seduce grown ups. And I really do mean children: preschoolers. Lord knows why they do it - maybe from being abused, maybe from wanting sexual gratification - but at the end of the day it's the grown up's responsibility in those cases to say no.

What I am saying is that prosecution should be HER choice and no one elses. NO ONE not even the government or whatever should be choosing to prosecute him without her consent and I have not heard that given at all.
    I think you bring up a very valid & interesting point (although I go off on a tangent). So often society expects a survivor of abuse to act a certain way; as a victim; and when they don't they're considered deviant or damaged.
    I agree that anyone surviving any type of abuse should "own" their experience and have the exclusive right to label it.

Unfortunately I know many 13 year olds who have had sex with more people then me and my best friend combined.
    I agree that it's unfortunate. I know I sound like an old school marm, but I think kids today (plz shoot me now for even typing that) begin sexual activity at too young an age. I worry that many of these kids (and mainly girls?) can't handle the emotions that might come from casual sex.
    But - if there's a suggestion that being sexually active (at an early age) is "asking for it", I disagree. It's like saying that "a whore can't be raped". A no is no, no matter when it's uttered - not even mid-coitus is a valid "point of no return".

Geimer later agreed to a second session, which took place on March 10, 1977. If she was that upset there is NO way she would have gone back for a second session. Usually when this happens it's because they have plans to come up with a "story."
    I think there could be a way or two, but I'm not saying this is the case here - I'm just speculating. She could have been infatuated with him. She maybe felt sorry for him? She might've blamed herself? Or she was after drugs/booze/money - and that'd be amazingly stupid, but still not asking for it.

I realize I'm only quoting you, Miho, so I hope you don't think I'm attacking you (I'm not). I was reading yours and DH:s debate and can't fight the impulse to butt in.

And my initial comment:

Also, I agree with HKK (shocking): Woody Allen just served comedy gold.

Giada Guest
    [quote=Jack-O-Lantern;933637]I hope Polanski gets a fair trial this time. That didn't happen previously, so if the L.A. County court system can get its shit together and give him a fair trial with a judge that isn't a filthy media whore, maybe he can finally put all this behind him. Whether he does any further time or not isn't the issue--the issue is that the man has never received a proper trial with due process. He would never have fled the country if he hadn't been railroaded and lied to--he was ready to face the music but the trial was a joke and he knew it, as did his attorney.

The article looks like a marketing piece dropped into the Globe by HBO.

The author also quotes and states, "Polanski did not receive a fair trial." There wasn't a trial.

Polanski was indicted on 7 felony counts. These were dropped in the plea bargain and he accepted the charge of statutory rape.

Polanski had the opportunity to rescind his plea bargain and request a trial. Rather than doing so ... he fled.

Guest Guest
    A boycott amounts to censorship of those film directors!

Censorship denies people of choice! More people then seek out those films and artists.

Now days we all have ways of getting what we want on the net and resourcing in all ways! Regardless. There is always so much more to the story than meets the eye anyway!

I guess there is a whole lot more to the story of Roman and even that of Woody but oh it would be too detailed and its so easy to just read and believe without really looking at it from all angles. IMOP
    a boycott would be OUR choice...it has nothing to do with censorship...I will not put money in the pocket of a child molester, he's made movies for 32 years and after he serves what time he'll get he'll continue to make movies but I have the CHOICE whether or not to see them, I read the jury transcripts I don't need to see any more of this story or hear his side of things..he KNEW she was a child...so let's play devil's advocate what if he didn't have sex with her...was it okay to photograph her in the nude? um? that's child porn! was it okay to give her alcohol or drugs? that's contributing to the delinquency of a minor...but he admitted he had sex with her and plead GUILTY to it and then ran away, what I find incredibly disturbing is the lack of boundaries people such as him have..and yes Woody stepping up is not helping his cause, regardless if Woody and Soon Yi are married NOW...their relationship and his pursuit of that relationship when she was still a minor was WRONG

I don't watch any of their movies by CHOICE...it's not their "art" that I "censor" it's their lack of integrity!

Im not sure why Woody Allen has come into this context! Its not relevent apart from them both being film directors. The comparison stops there I think!
    So now the film makers are all rallying around Polanski
    ZURICH, Switzerland (CNN) -- Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar and Martin Scorsese have "demanded the immediate release" of fellow filmmaker Roman Polanski, who was arrested in Switzerland on a U.S. arrest warrant related to a 1977 child sex charge.
    The filmmakers objected to his being arrested en route to the film festival, which held a tribute to him this year.
    "It seems inadmissible to them that an international cultural event, paying homage to one of the greatest contemporary filmmakers, is used by the police to apprehend him," said the petition, backed by France's Societe des Auteurs et Compositeurs Dramatiques (Society of Dramatic Authors and Composers).
    "The arrest of Roman Polanski in a neutral country, where he assumed he could travel without hindrance ... opens the way for actions of which no one can know the effects," said the signatories, who also included actresses Monica Bellucci and Tilda Swinton and directors David Lynch, Jonathan Demme, John Landis, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu and Wim Wenders.
    In the United States, powerhouse movie producer Harvey Weinstein is trying to recruit more supporters for Polanksi.
    "We are calling every filmmaker we can to help fix this terrible situation," his company told CNN in a statement.

I wish there was a way to let these "celebrity supporter's" know that this is bullshit and he is a sick bastard and it's not in their best interest to support a child rapist. Ohhh, wait, they don't care - he is a "remarkable artist"... Fuck that - he can be a "remarkable artist" in jail - he can draw some Chola's with teardrops and draw some pictures of Mickey Mouse and send them to his "fans". (Side note - how come every time someone gets sent to the pokey they start drawing Chola's and Mickey?) - jus askin.
    Hahaha! I have no idea why but that's hilarious!

havoc Guest
    "Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar and Martin Scorsese have "demanded the immediate release" of fellow filmmaker Roman Polanski..."

Or what?

The history of art is about sex and the young muse, there is a context and context is not interpreted in sexual abuse or pedophelia!
    I'm an artist.

[hypothetical, don't jump my shit]
    I think if I put up a sign in the window that said, 'Artist looking for young boy to ply with booze, drugs and sodomize because it helps me create', it'd probably raise some eyebrows (not the least of which would be my husbands, lol). Just a lil' bit, don'tcha think? Or should everyone around me just accept something like that because throughout history folks like me...?[/hypothetical, don't jump my shit]

An there is no power like the power of youth!
    Gotta disagree with you there too. The power of the mind is much more powerful than the power of youth. (I don't find those who are in search of eternal youth, powerful. I find them often to be insecure about the future.) Correct me if I'm wrong folks but I don't believe Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein or any of those folks had shit injected into their faces yet we recall their names and accomplishments and hold them in higher esteem than we do the merry-go-round of pretty faces.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 09-30-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added thingy

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    "Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar and Martin Scorsese have "demanded the immediate release" of fellow filmmaker Roman Polanski..."

Or what?

Or Godfather2 will play 24 hours a day on all channels.

thinkering Guest

Jack'sGirl Guest

Or what?

They'll demand louder! LOL!

Giada Guest

Or what?

LMFAO ....

Judge H Lee Sarokin

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judge-..._b_304567.html

I do not know what happened here, but judges are not usually parties to plea agreements. I accepted pleas for 15 years, and in each and every instance, the defendant was advised that the court was not bound by any agreement and the sentence was in the sole discretion of the court. Pleas were then entered and accepted on that basis. My guess is that the judge here indicated informally that he was not going to follow the recommendation of the parties, and then Polanski skipped. Certainly this scenario is not a defense to extradition.

Impatience Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I'm an artist.

[hypothetical, don't jump my shit]
    I think if I put up a sign in the window that said, 'Artist looking for young boy to ply with booze, drugs and sodomize because it helps me create', it'd probably raise some eyebrows (not the least of which would be my husbands, lol). Just a lil' bit, don'tcha think? Or should everyone around me just accept something like that because throughout history folks like me...?[/hypothetical, don't jump my shit]

Gotta disagree with you there too. The power of the mind is much more powerful than the power of youth. (I don't find those who are in search of eternal youth, powerful. I find them often to be insecure about the future.) Correct me if I'm wrong folks but I don't believe Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein or any of those folks had shit injected into their faces yet we recall their names and accomplishments and hold them in higher esteem than we do the merry-go-round of pretty faces.

i wish instead of searching for the 'fountain of youth' people would start searching for the fountain of intelligence. We're in a serious deficit of intelligence.

hoxharding Guest
    With a few exceptions, Hollywood’s finest are rushing to support Roman Polanski as he sits in a Swiss jail battling extradition to the US for a sex crime committed long ago.
    Luc Besson, the French director, is one of the dissident voices, telling a radio interviewer: “Our daughters are good friends. But there is one justice, and that should be the same for everyone.” Please tell that to Woody, Pedro, Harvey, Tilda and the rest.
    I wonder what Hollywood’s big shots would have done in this scenario: a famous director’s pubescent daughter is plied with drink and drugs by a man 30 years her senior, who is, let’s say a Polish plumber or French swimming pool hand working at the director’s Beverley Hills mansion. He submits her to sex. On the verge of sentencing he flees the country. Thirty years later justice finally catches up with him and he is brought back to the United States to serve a few years in prison. Somehow I doubt there would be a flicker of outrage. There may even have been a campaign to bring the girl’s assailant to justice.
    The case for Polanski is a) the relationship was sort of consensual b) he has been punished by a life of exclusion from the US c) the LA is attorney is being vindictive.
    The first defence is repugnant, the second flimsy and the third true, but irrelevant.

Here is the link to the transcript
    Roman Polanski is once again under arrest, being held in Switzerland awaiting possible extradition back to the USA.

Click for more photos of Samantha posing for a photo shoot

The fugitive director pleaded guilty over 30 years ago to having sex with a 13-year-old girl but fled the US before sentencing - he has been living on the lam ever since.

Read about Polanski's arrest

In her 1977 grand jury testimony, then 13-year-old, Samantha Gailey (now known as Samantha Giemer), testified how the director had sex with her after plying her with Champagne and a Quaalude at the Los Angeles home of Jack Nicholson.

Read the transcripts here
    http://www.radaronline.com/sites/def...ranscripts.pdf

Gailey, an aspiring model, described how the ordeal began with her posing naked in a Jacuzzi for Polanski for an alleged French Vogue photoshoot. They then proceeded to the bedroom where despite her asking Polanski to "keep away" he kissed the 13-year-old.

Polanski could be released on bail

Polankski then performed a sex act on her before he "started to have intercourse with me." Gailey also testified that Polanski, 43 at the time, "put his penis in my butt" after asking her "Would you want me to go in through your back?"

Hollywood is up in arms about the arrest with many calling for the release of 76-year-old Polanski. 110 film industry figures have signed a petition calling for his release, among them are leading Entertainment Industry figures like Martin Scorcese, Woody Allen and David Lynch, as well as Wim Wenders, Pedro Almodovar, Tilda Swinton and Monica Bellucci.

Polanski wants the case thrown out

Meanwhile, Samantha Geimer, who is 45 now and married with three children, says she has forgiven Polanski and wants him to be forgiven by others.

She says she has made peace with Polanski, with herself, and wants everybody to leave her alone for the sake of her family.

Jon & Kate Take Another Ratings Dip BREAKING NEWS: D
    One of his film world friends said that Polanski loved everything about the US. If that is true, he should go back and face its judicial system, for all its flaws. The lesson he needs to learn is that in the US talent isn’t, or shouldn’t be, a protection from justice, as Besson said. Besides, just think of the material some jail time could provide.
    Tags: harvey, Hollywood, luc besson, rape, Roman Polanski, tilda, woody

andRoman Polanski is once again under arrest, being held in Switzerland awaiting possible extradition back to the USA.

Click for more photos of Samantha posing for a photo shoot

The fugitive director pleaded guilty over 30 years ago to having sex with a 13-year-old girl but fled the US before sentencing - he has been living on the lam ever since.

Read about Polanski's arrest

In her 1977 grand jury testimony, then 13-year-old, Samantha Gailey (now known as Samantha Giemer), testified how the director had sex with her after plying her with Champagne and a Quaalude at the Los Angeles home of Jack Nicholson.
    Last edited by hoxharding; 09-30-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Taggerez Guest

Or what?
    Or a major pillow fight will ensue followed by passionate name-calling.

RubySlippers Guest
    serious. who the FUCK gives a shit about what Woody has to say?! UHG.

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerez View Post
    Or a major pillow fight will ensue followed by passionate name-calling.
    LOL