Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 545

Thread: Roman Polanski

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    No, not too harsh. I really understand the anger. He messed up big time and now apparently is the time that he pays for it. I just think that there are more psychological reasons why he what he did. It doesn't make it right, I am not saying that, but I have always believed that his life experiences contributed to his state of mind at the time.
    But this whole thing isn't about justice for the victim anymore. She was brave enough to forgive him. And I really don't understand the timing. After 32 years? Why didn't they take action after he fled?
    Thanks for replying. I'll take this in steps: 1) Doesn't everyone's life experiences contribute to their state of mind? Many people have been through dreadful, unthinkable things and don't resort to crimes like this. 2) I think the victim forgiving him is huge...for her, not for him. Forgiveness is not for the person who hurt you...it's a healing process for the person doing the forgiving. (Also, at this point the victim, regardless of age, has nothing to do with this. He's already pleaded guilty. It's completely out of her hands.) 3) Yes, it's been 3 decades...doesn't mean he should get away with no penalization at all. He skipped bail and has never paid for his crime. If you check news reports, they've had their eye on him for awhile. And as Nicki said, he avoided countries with extradition policies with the US for that very reason...until now.

    I still think he'll get away with it, or at least not serve any jail time. Sad, but that's what I believe.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    334
    Here's a nice timeline with articles. (Sorry if this has been posted.)

    http://www.vachss.com/mission/roman_polanski.html

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,462
    When Polanski pled out it was to, "sex with an underage child." There were a host of charges that were dropped as part of a plea deal including rape.

    He spent 42 days under psych eval, and was to receive probation at sentencing. The rumor or possibility of prison caused him to flee.

    Samantha Grenier's grand jury testimony can be read at the smoking gun.

    Polanski in an on air interview admitted having a penchant for, "young girls/women."

    "Poor Polanski the life he suffered," doesn't pull at my heart. He's lived the life of grandiosity, and privilege in France for 32 years.

    Good read Orleans ... noted if he served one year in prison he would be deported automatically. I'm hoping the LA Courts take a firm stand. Difficult for me to read Polanski said, "she was sexually experienced and consented."
    Last edited by Giada; 09-29-2009 at 05:00 AM.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    When Polanski pled out it was to, "sex with an underage child." There were a host of charges that were dropped as part of a plea deal including rape.

    He spent 42 days under psych eval, and was to receive probation at sentencing. The rumor or possibility of prison caused him to flee.

    Samantha Grenier's grand jury testimony can be read at the smoking gun.

    Polanski in an on air interview admitted having a penchant for, "young girls/women."

    "Poor Polanski the life he suffered," doesn't pull at my heart. He's lived the life of grandiosity, and privilege in France for 32 years.

    Good read Orleans ... noted if he served one year in prison he would be deported automatically. I'm hoping the LA Courts take a firm stand. Difficult for me to read Polanski said, "she was sexually experienced and consented."
    He needs to go to jail,just for the fact that he did the "bird" and fled! Rape of a child is despicable,he owes a debt no matter how old he is,and no matter how long ago the crime was committed!

    “Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”

    Winston CXhruchill

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    I would suggest as a "survivor" you get reacquainted with what constitutes rape and when NO MEANS NO...take into consideration he gave her ludes and booze..sodomized her..and when she attempted to leave he stopped her and took off her panties and did it again...consider the fact that she was a 13 year old kid and scared and didn't know how to defend herself and then get back to me about what is expected of a child victim


    You need to keep your rude comments to yourself. How dare you even state that I get reconstituted with what a survivor is. I deal every single day with my assault and I am INSULTED that you would even say that to a fellow survivor

    I am sorry for what happened to you but you have NO right to say that to anyone. I never once stated that he should get off because he is a director. What I am saying is that prosecution should be HER choice and no one elses. NO ONE not even the government or whatever should be choosing to prosecute him without her consent and I have not heard that given at all.

    Neither you nor I know what truly happened that night. Did what he do was right? NO! But again she is not crying for his blood and it is HER choice.
    Last edited by Miho; 09-29-2009 at 09:25 AM.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,462
    In 1977, Polanski agreed to plead guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse. The presiding judge, Laurence Rittenband, was to decide Polanski's sentence after reviewing a report from the Probation Department and holding a hearing with attorneys for each side. All parties expected Polanski to get only probation.

    According to a recent documentary, Los Angeles Deputy District Attorney David Wells, who was not involved in the case, intervened with Rittenband. Wells thought Polanski was being cavalier about the charges against him and should serve time for his misdeed. (Wells showed the judge photographs of Polanski partying in Munich with his arms around two young women who Wells claimed were underage.) Rittenband seemed to be convinced and suggested to Polanski's attorneys that he would send the director to prison and order him deported. At that time, Polanski fled.

    While Wells was not himself an attorney of record in the case, he was a lawyer for one of the parties—the state of California. The California Code of Judicial Ethics (PDF) forbids judges to engage in ex parte communications—discussions where only one side is represented.

    Apparently there was judicial mis-conduct, but this does not negate Polanski's plead out. In my opinion he was give an easy out with the plea deal.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Sounds like someone got big on their britches. If they would have let him plead back then this would be a non issue.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    Okay...what the hell am I missing here?

    This was a very famous and rich man who RAPED a 13 year old CHILD...DO WE HAVE THIS STRAIGHT???

    am I supposed to believe that a 13 year old girl can give consent? against a 44 year old man? a famous man? a man who has given her dope and booze??? He was the ADULT...an adult who knew better....an adult that could have paid a prostitute if he felt the "need" but instead he had sex with a kid...which tells me, he wanted to have sex with a kid and couldn't control himself when he did.

    I don't care how much time has passed or if the victim is not calling for his head on a platter..he committed a crime and must pay for that crime

    let's look at Jaycee Dugard who was abducted at age 11 and forced to live in that bastards abuse and captivity...apparently he stopped raping her a long time ago..he never raped their daughters...does that negate what he did to an 11 year old Jaycee??? Because she's now an adult who has children with this monster???

    Roman Polanski committed an act of betrayal against a CHILD and must pay for that, regardless of her current feelings about it or how much of a "genius" he might be (I have never cared for any of his films) or what tragedy he suffered by losing Sharon and the baby...if that were the case than he wouldn't have remarried and continued to have children and make films if his life was so destroyed by their deaths...now is the time for him to answer to what HE'S done

    Ahhhhhh - thank you my love - the voice of reason!!! This man is a sick bastard who like MANY celebrities think they are above the law. I don't give a rats ass what kinda "trauma" he was going through because of the death of his wife, it does not make it OKAY for him to drug and rape vaginally and anally a 13 year old kid!!! I wish people defending him would take a minute to think about how they would feel if this was their 13 year old daughter.... I also wish the celeb's defending him would think about what they are saying - what they are calling okay.

    I have a 13 year old daughter and NO I would not let her go "take pictures" by herself, but this is a way different day and age. She said she had already done some commercials and that he talked to the Mother, who may have been "starstruck" and he assured her she would be safe. Now we know better, but 30 years ago, you probably wouldn't be as hesitant, "he was a big time director, he would not harm a child, I'm sure she'll be fine" - Kinda like me riding my bike to the store at night 6 blocks away 30 years ago - I did it, my mom had no issues with it - it was cool - but now I won't let my kid ride her bike at night period. Different era - different time - now we know not every next door neighbor's are "The Cleavers" - it could be freakin sick Garrido with kidnapp camp in the back yard!

    He is not above the law - lock him up with Spector and they can talk about the "good old days"..... Better yet - maybe someone will make him their bitch - at least he is an adult!
    My Posse's On Broadway

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,481
    It really frosts my O's that France is calling us a 'scary America" because the U.S. issued a warrant. My gosh, he committed a crime here and ran away like a little girl who didn't want to get punished. Time to face the music, it is unfinished business.
    "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead - and the bridge is love" ~ Thorndon Wilder ~

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    Originally Posted by Miho
    Coming from someone who is a sexual assault survivor this is crap. First off this girl is not calling for his blood after all this time. 13 year olds are not adults, but you know what they are not little innocent saints.

    If you are stupid enough to flirt with grown men and take your clothes off in front of them, then you are old enough to hide the sausage.

    You've got to be joking right? as a "survivor" you actually can make this statement??? that's pretty unbelievable to me also a survivor of not only molestation as a child but as a survivor of rape as an adult by not only my ex husband but also a stranger...so based on your attitude I married the man and that gave him the right to hold a knife against my throat and rape me? because I once willingly took my clothes off for him??? I willingly married him knowing that having sex with your husband is usually part of the deal so therefore he could take sex from me in any way he wanted when he wanted regardless if I said NO or not? How about the last time I was attacked??? I had the nerve to be at a bus stop awaiting a bus so I could get home from work...it was after dark and I had it coming for being at a bus stop alone at night?

    we're talking about a 13 year old kid...and I really don't give a flying fig if she balled all of the boys in her 7th grade class prior to what this man did...a 44 year old man KNOWS you don't FUCK LITTLE GIRLS!

    I would suggest as a "survivor" you get reacquainted with what constitutes rape and when NO MEANS NO...take into consideration he gave her ludes and booze..sodomized her..and when she attempted to leave he stopped her and took off her panties and did it again...consider the fact that she was a 13 year old kid and scared and didn't know how to defend herself and then get back to me about what is expected of a child victim

    Unfreakingfuckingbelievable that anyone feels that this man should get a pass because it's been 30 years...it's been 30 years of him being A FUGITIVE! Does anyone get that???? He ran away..not because of some innocence or a technicality..but because he was a spineless coward that raped a child! he knew exactly what risk he took by carrying out that sentence in prison..you mean to tell me that thought didn't cross his mind that if he went to prison that someone may not hurt him to get a name for themselves as being the one to attack or kill the "famous director" you bet your ass that thought crossed his mind...he admitted to what he did to her, pled guilty and ran away and the fact that he is getting sympathy or praise is just beyond me...if it had been my 13 year old daughter he raped he wouldn't have gotten away...I would have made damn sure of it and I would currently be serving a sentence for hacking off his dick!

    I'm so sick and tired of people blaming the victim or excusing a crime because time has passed...at the very least if he had served his sentence back then he would have been released by now and the argument would have been "he paid his debt to society" when are people going to get that although this happened in 1977 he has NOT paid his debt to society and must face that punishment now!
    Here Here!!!! Perfect!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I would suggest as a "survivor" you get reacquainted with what constitutes rape and when NO MEANS NO...take into consideration he gave her ludes and booze..sodomized her..and when she attempted to leave he stopped her and took off her panties and did it again...consider the fact that she was a 13 year old kid and scared and didn't know how to defend herself and then get back to me about what is expected of a child victim


    You need to keep your rude comments to yourself. How dare you even state that I get reconstituted with what a survivor is. I deal every single day with my assault and I am INSULTED that you would even say that to a fellow survivor

    I am sorry for what happened to you but you have NO right to say that to anyone. I never once stated that he should get off because he is a director. What I am saying is that prosecution should be HER choice and no one elses. NO ONE not even the government or whatever should be choosing to prosecute him without her consent and I have not heard that given at all.

    Neither you nor I know what truly happened that night. Did what he do was right? NO! But again she is not crying for his blood and it is HER choice.
    I really should stay out of this. However, when have I ever stayed out of anything? I disagree that the prosecution of a pedophile in general lies within the judgement of a minor child. (The victim in question may be an adult now but was certainly not at the time of the assault). Statistically speaking, people who commit sexual crimes against children are not likely to only do it once. Has Polanski done it since? I don't know... he has a lot of money to buy off potential victims. The governemnt does have a right to protect other people from becoming victims of sexual abuse. Let's say for example now that Jaycee Dugard is an adult, she decided that she did not want her captor prosecuted... should that maniac go free to kidnap, rape and impregnate other children? No. The fact is that a crime was committed and it is the government's responsibility to apprehend and prosecute people who break the law.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    Is it me, or does Roman look like Jake Webber on Medium.

    LOL! He looks like someone who is about to get their ass tore up!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    Let's say for example now that Jaycee Dugard is an adult, she decided that she did not want her captor prosecuted... should that maniac go free to kidnap, rape and impregnate other children? No. The fact is that a crime was committed and it is the government's responsibility to apprehend and prosecute people who break the law.

    I just think we are comparing apples and oranges. Jaycee's case was very very different. Poor girl is going through some serious issues and probably doesn't have it in her to go after him. Thing is this guy kidnapped her and made her his slave. IMHO very different then this situation. *shrug*


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Funny how in society we call 13 year olds kids, but then can turn around and say "grow up you're turning into an adult. Can't be both ways. We like to make our teenagers (especially daughters) out to be saints. Unfortunately I know many 13 year olds who have had sex with more people then me and my best friend combined.

    I'm sorry for all my anger about this, but this is kinda what my point is centered across. "Everything was going fine; then he asked me to change, well, in front of him." She added, "It didn't feel right, and I didn't want to go back to the second shoot." Geimer later agreed to a second session, which took place on March 10, 1977. If she was that upset there is NO way she would have gone back for a second session. Usually when this happens it's because they have plans to come up with a "story."
    Last edited by Miho; 09-29-2009 at 10:18 AM.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I just think we are comparing apples and oranges. Jaycee's case was very very different. Poor girl is going through some serious issues and probably doesn't have it in her to go after him. Thing is this guy kidnapped her and made her his slave. IMHO very different then this situation. *shrug*
    No, I was just commenting on the fact that his prosecution should not be up to her. It was an example. The prosecution of pedophiles should not be up to the victim.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    No, I was just commenting on the fact that his prosecution should not be up to her. It was an example. The prosecution of pedophiles should not be up to the victim.

    But do you think she should have a say now that she is an adult? I just fear that whatever happened might come back and set her back with some bad memories if they decide to take this decision out of her hands and move forward against her wishes. Same reason why they don't push rape victims to press charges because they want something to be within their control after something so horrible happens that was out of their control.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    But do you think she should have a say now that she is an adult? I just fear that whatever happened might come back and set her back with some bad memories if they decide to take this decision out of her hands and move forward against her wishes. Same reason why they don't push rape victims to press charges because they want something to be within their control after something so horrible happens that was out of their control.
    it's apples and oranges. If the rape victim refuses to testify, then the prosecution does not have as strong of a case. Victims of sexual abuse have set backs with or without the burdens of a trial. In the case of Roman Polanski, he has already plead guilty to the charges. It is his right, I believe, to change his plea I suppose. But in this case, the evidence is there with or without the testimony. I don't find the victim's statement credible that she does not want him prosecuted because she sued him for what I am assuming is a large sum of money. One of the stipulations of her receiving that money may have been that she had to renounce her desire to have him prosecuted. This is an unusual case.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    it's apples and oranges. If the rape victim refuses to testify, then the prosecution does not have as strong of a case. Victims of sexual abuse have set backs with or without the burdens of a trial. "

    Wow most PD's around here won't even bring up charges without getting a deal signed sealed and delivered that you will testify.

    In the case of Roman Polanski, he has already plead guilty to the charges. It is his right, I believe, to change his plea I suppose. But in this case, the evidence is there with or without the testimony. I don't find the victim's statement credible that she does not want him prosecuted because she sued him for what I am assuming is a large sum of money. One of the stipulations of her receiving that money may have been that she had to renounce her desire to have him prosecuted. This is an unusual case.

    Very unusual. The idea of not wanting to prosecute because he settled in cash really doesn't sit well with me. If someone did something that traumatized me for life there is no way he would have gotten off with just paying me off. I'd want Bubba as his cell mate.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    it's apples and oranges. If the rape victim refuses to testify, then the prosecution does not have as strong of a case. Victims of sexual abuse have set backs with or without the burdens of a trial. "

    Wow most PD's around here won't even bring up charges without getting a deal signed sealed and delivered that you will testify.

    In the case of Roman Polanski, he has already plead guilty to the charges. It is his right, I believe, to change his plea I suppose. But in this case, the evidence is there with or without the testimony. I don't find the victim's statement credible that she does not want him prosecuted because she sued him for what I am assuming is a large sum of money. One of the stipulations of her receiving that money may have been that she had to renounce her desire to have him prosecuted. This is an unusual case.

    Very unusual. The idea of not wanting to prosecute because he settled in cash really doesn't sit well with me. If someone did something that traumatized me for life there is no way he would have gotten off with just paying me off. I'd want Bubba as his cell mate.
    yeah, well everyone is different. I know that she did sue him for a monetary settlement. Who knows what the stipulations were.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    537
    I believe that he can request his plea be withdrawn, but it is up to the court whether or not he would be allowed to withdraw his plea. I can't imagine him doing that though. Withdrawing his plea would open him up for prosecution of all the original charges that the Grand Jury indicted him on. It really doesn't matter what the woman wants or doesn't want. Even if the court wanted to take her desires into account, I don't believe they can (other than in sentencing) because as of right now he is a convicted felon and fugitive. That ship has sailed so to speak. Ironically, he may be facing as much jail time for his flight from justice as he would for the sex with minor charge.

    Disclaimer: all of the above is a guess on my part and I could be completely wrong about it all.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dogs View Post
    Ironically, he may be facing as much jail time for his flight from justice as he would for the sex with minor charge.

    Disclaimer: all of the above is a guess on my part and I could be completely wrong about it all.

    That is what I'm thinking too! Isn't fleeing a felony?


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,481
    Fleeing is a felony. That is why the U.S. still wants him back. Roman is well aware because he has been avoiding any country that could send him back here. Thought he was safe in Switzerland, until that valid warrant was issued.
    "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead - and the bridge is love" ~ Thorndon Wilder ~

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    Thought he was safe in Switzerland, until that valid warrant was issued.


    Mmm chocolate


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    The only thing I question is why now? It's been 30 years and the man had a house in switzerland (gastaad I believe) ffs... it's not like this was the first time he's been there!

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    The only thing I question is why now? It's been 30 years and the man had a house in switzerland (gastaad I believe) ffs... it's not like this was the first time he's been there!

    But maybe it is *Enter Twilight Zone music*


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  26. #226
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    The only thing I question is why now?
    You're not the only one asking that question:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/29/mo...9polanski.html

  27. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,481
    What I read was that the U.S. had no idea what Polanski's travel plans were at any given time. It takes some time to issue a valid warrant for arrest. His travel time and all the paper work never seemed to work out at the same time. However, there was this big announcement that he was going to Switzerland to receive a lifetime achievement award, and the exact date was known. The U.S. got a warrant, got it to Switzerland in time and that is how Polanski was arrested as he got off the plane.
    "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead - and the bridge is love" ~ Thorndon Wilder ~

  28. #228
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    But maybe it is *Enter Twilight Zone music*
    new rule: no longer drinking anything while frequenting this site. I'm gonna have to buy a new keyboard soon.

  29. #229
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    What I read was that the U.S. had no idea what Polanski's travel plans were at any given time. It takes some time to issue a valid warrant for arrest. His travel time and all the paper work never seemed to work out at the same time. However, there was this big announcement that he was going to Switzerland to receive a lifetime achievement award, and the exact date was known. The U.S. got a warrant, got it to Switzerland in time and that is how Polanski was arrested as he got off the plane.

    But through Interpol, they should have always known where he was right?

  30. #230
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,481
    I have no idea, just reporting what I read on CNN and MSN. Seems like they could have arrested him a long time ago.
    "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead - and the bridge is love" ~ Thorndon Wilder ~

  31. #231
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    "But it's a dry heat" South. California
    Posts
    2,768
    So France and Poland aren't happy with the U.S. right now? Maybe it's o.k. to have sex with a 13 year old in those countries. In this country it's not!!!

  32. #232
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    So France and Poland aren't happy with the U.S. right now?
    lol I don't think France has been happy with the US since 1944.

  33. #233
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    The only thing I question is why now? It's been 30 years and the man had a house in switzerland (gastaad I believe) ffs... it's not like this was the first time he's been there!
    I asked a friend who is an attorney, and the DA's push to arrest and extradite was because Swiss law has time limits on arrest/extradition.

    The plea bargain stands as is, no trial will be forthcoming.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  34. #234
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I would suggest as a "survivor" you get reacquainted with what constitutes rape and when NO MEANS NO...take into consideration he gave her ludes and booze..sodomized her..and when she attempted to leave he stopped her and took off her panties and did it again...consider the fact that she was a 13 year old kid and scared and didn't know how to defend herself and then get back to me about what is expected of a child victim


    You need to keep your rude comments to yourself. How dare you even state that I get reconstituted with what a survivor is. I deal every single day with my assault and I am INSULTED that you would even say that to a fellow survivor

    I am sorry for what happened to you but you have NO right to say that to anyone. I never once stated that he should get off because he is a director. What I am saying is that prosecution should be HER choice and no one elses. NO ONE not even the government or whatever should be choosing to prosecute him without her consent and I have not heard that given at all.

    Neither you nor I know what truly happened that night. Did what he do was right? NO! But again she is not crying for his blood and it is HER choice.

    Oh Miho....Hypocrisy much??? "How dare I say" those things to you???? How dare you say that a 13 year old girl got what she had coming to her for flirting with an older man and taking her clothes off to be photographed and basically she wasn't an angel by any means yadda yadda yadda!

    I don't need to "know what happened that night" because the man plead GUILTY to it...he confessed he did these things...it is NOT her choice, she testified at that tender age as to what he did to her...no one needs her permission NOW to prosecute because he's already BEEN PROSECUTED he was facing sentencing and skipped town...a FUGITIVE...her forgiveness of him was for HERSELF not for him

    you can be insulted all you want to Miho...but I'm insulted by your statements that a 13 year old victim brought this on herself...as a survivor I will tell you that at no point was it her fault what this GROWN 44 YEAR OLD MAN DID TO HER! Any 44 year old man knows you do not have sex with a kid or there will be consequences..this man used ludes and booze to ply her and also his "power and influence" to manipulate her, how exactly does a 13 year old defend themselves when under the influence and against an adult male???

    be insulted, you should feel insulted that was my intention, your comments were an insult to any victim who has been accused of bringing it on themselves "well she has a history of dating lots of men" "she shouldn't have been out at night in a bad area" "she dresses like she wants it" "at 13 she was no angel..she flirted with him, she was sexually experienced, it was consensual" "she's my wife, how can I rape my own wife?"

    if you are a survivor I'm sorry for that, but your survivorship is seriously skewed if you truly think that a KID had any choices at that time, I don't care if she did flirt with him...I don't care if she willingly took off her cloths...willingly drank that alcohol or popped those pills...I don't care if she had already had sex prior to this..what I do care about is that she said NO..that she testified against him..that he plead guilty and that he ran away from his punishment...I care that LA makes damn sure they send a message to ALL not just celebs that if you do the crime you're going to do the time...he now has additional charges against him for skipping his bail, I never said "you said" because he was a famous director he should be let off...that seems to be a consensus of the entertainment community, but you basically stated that because so much time has passed and they don't have "her persmission" to prosecute that he should be let off???? They had her permission to prosecute back in the 70's when she gave her statement..that's all they ever needed.

  35. #235
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    what I do care about is that she said NO..that she testified against him..that he plead guilty and that he ran away from his punishment...

    Please keep in mind that she never testified against him, but was more than willing to keep his money.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  36. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    You kids need start playing nice or I'm gonna put you in time out.

  37. #237
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    537
    She did indeed testify against him in the grand jury hearing. You can read her testimony here:

    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/polanskia1.html

    One of the reasons that he was allowed a plea agreement was to spare her from having to testify in open court.

  38. #238
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dogs View Post
    She did indeed testify against him in the grand jury hearing. You can read her testimony here:

    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/polanskia1.html

    One of the reasons that he was allowed a plea agreement was to spare her from having to testify in open court.

    I stand corrected. Thanks for that interesting stuff. So weird how law is carried out in different ways in different cases. Something so simple is so complicated.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  39. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middlewich, Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    385
    I'm sorry to go off topic here, i just cannot believe what this once beautiful woman has done to herself...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  40. #240
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Disgusting state of NJ
    Posts
    3,399
    I don't understand why some of these celebrities are badmouthing the arrest of this guy for a 3 decades old case.
    Gee it's maybe because he gave a 13 year old girl Quualudes and had sex with her and fled the United States to France right before sentencing.
    The law doesn't look kindly to having someone flee the country right before you're supposed to go to jail for the rape of a child.
    I'm sure if he ever gets back to Cali all the rape charges will be dropped since there was a settlement but I'm sure he'll do time for fleeing. Maybe he'll do community service with Chris Browne?

  41. #241
    Guest Guest
    more excuses...so what if she kept his money...does that mean it didn't happen? her statement was all they needed to prosecute...he plead GUILTY what are you missing here Miho??? The man plead guilty to SEX WITH A MINOR...her recorded statement makes it pretty clear she said no and wanted to leave but was scared, what 13 year old wouldn't be scared when they are drugged and facing a grown man?? How did she exactly get his money? If he could be so brasen as to sexually assault her, what else could he have been capable of? Someone wrote the check...that someone also ran away from this country to avoid sentencing and should not be excused because of his status, the number of years that have passed or because he himself is a survivor crime victim...that fact that he's been celebrated as a "wronged man" is disgusting to me and yes it's because he's a famous director who's wife and unborn child were murdered...well if we're going to feel sorry for him...then lets let all the diseased members of the Manson family out of prison too...let's give Melissa Huckabee a break because she's had some tough knocks in her life...let's not prosecute the next child rapist because maybe he was just having a bad day!

    I wish my rapists had money I could sue for...would be nice to be able to pay my therapists on time and in full...would be nice to take a chunk of that money and put it into the crisis center in my community...so what if she took his money??? what does that prove? That she "lied" that she did it for the money??? HE ADMITTED TO IT! He stood in a court of law and admitted GUILT for this crime...again I don't care if she spread her legs wide open and begged him to do this to her (which she never did) he broke the law when he had sex with a child, why anyone would support this man knowing this information is beyond me...I don't get it, I'm literally sitting here shaking my head in disgust and shock..."bash the victim...praise the man????"

  42. #242
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,462
    From Polanski to print ...his words on little girls.

    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/mi...tle-girls-too/

    I've heard a filmed/taped interview with him in which he expresses the same thing.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  43. #243
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,800
    This is a touchy subject for many; me included. I'm a victim of sexual abuse, too. The molester (my sister's first husband) got away with it because I was too scared to say anything. Now, he knows that everyone knows and well..karma is a bitch. What gets my goat is the fact that he fled, and thought he could get away with it. Had that been anyone of us poor folk, we would have been sent up the river already.

    With that, everyone is entitled to their opinion here so long as it doesn't get nasty. Capishe?
    peek-a-boo!!

  44. #244
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    So now the film makers are all rallying around Polanski
    ZURICH, Switzerland (CNN) -- Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar and Martin Scorsese have "demanded the immediate release" of fellow filmmaker Roman Polanski, who was arrested in Switzerland on a U.S. arrest warrant related to a 1977 child sex charge.
    The filmmakers objected to his being arrested en route to the film festival, which held a tribute to him this year.
    "It seems inadmissible to them that an international cultural event, paying homage to one of the greatest contemporary filmmakers, is used by the police to apprehend him," said the petition, backed by France's Societe des Auteurs et Compositeurs Dramatiques (Society of Dramatic Authors and Composers).
    "The arrest of Roman Polanski in a neutral country, where he assumed he could travel without hindrance ... opens the way for actions of which no one can know the effects," said the signatories, who also included actresses Monica Bellucci and Tilda Swinton and directors David Lynch, Jonathan Demme, John Landis, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu and Wim Wenders.
    In the United States, powerhouse movie producer Harvey Weinstein is trying to recruit more supporters for Polanksi.
    "We are calling every filmmaker we can to help fix this terrible situation," his company told CNN in a statement.

  45. #245
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA USA
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    So now the film makers are all rallying around Polanski
    ZURICH, Switzerland (CNN) -- Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar and Martin Scorsese have "demanded the immediate release" of fellow filmmaker Roman Polanski, who was arrested in Switzerland on a U.S. arrest warrant related to a 1977 child sex charge.
    The filmmakers objected to his being arrested en route to the film festival, which held a tribute to him this year.
    "It seems inadmissible to them that an international cultural event, paying homage to one of the greatest contemporary filmmakers, is used by the police to apprehend him," said the petition, backed by France's Societe des Auteurs et Compositeurs Dramatiques (Society of Dramatic Authors and Composers).
    "The arrest of Roman Polanski in a neutral country, where he assumed he could travel without hindrance ... opens the way for actions of which no one can know the effects," said the signatories, who also included actresses Monica Bellucci and Tilda Swinton and directors David Lynch, Jonathan Demme, John Landis, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu and Wim Wenders.
    In the United States, powerhouse movie producer Harvey Weinstein is trying to recruit more supporters for Polanksi.
    "We are calling every filmmaker we can to help fix this terrible situation," his company told CNN in a statement.
    Woody Allen??? Oh please, what a crock he is! He has NO ROOM to talk. Sick perv he is.

    Let all these directors 'support' Polanski. Their movies will NO LONGER earn my money. They are supporting a child molester/rapist/predator, and they all know it. Just watch what happens when this jerk spends MORE than the 40 whatever days he already did in jail. These directors that are 'supporting' him now will look even more foolish and more egg on their collective faces for supporting this sick mofo. I don't care how long ago it was that this happened. Like someone else said up-post, Polanski was the adult, he had control. Should have controlled the OTHER WAY!!!

    Period, end of story.
    You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing...I may be a bitch, but I am NOT YOUR bitch...I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch...

  46. #246
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    I agree. A boycott wouldnt matter because all those film makers are all pretty washed up anyways. The only one I see with drawing power on there is Scorsese. And, Woody Allan has no taste whatsoever being on that list. He should have just kept his mouth shut.

  47. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA USA
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I agree. A boycott wouldnt matter because all those film makers are all pretty washed up anyways. The only one I see with drawing power on there is Scorsese. And, Woody Allan has no taste whatsoever being on that list. He should have just kept his mouth shut.
    No friggin kidding. I agree with you JefeStone. Mouth shut, pants on, and hands to himself.
    You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing...I may be a bitch, but I am NOT YOUR bitch...I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch...

  48. #248
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    3,091
    *snort* Woody giving his support? Either Letterman or Leno HAS to come out with the obvious joke here. yibbity!
    Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

  49. #249
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,477
    Woody Allen...LOL

    I was a fan of his back in the '70's. But when he started schtuping his teenage adopted daughter and I read about his oddball living arrangement requirements with Mia Farrow before that happened, it made me wonder if the real reason he didn't require what he did was a means of being able get away with what he did there. After all this time, I still think it was. So his support of Polanski? Waste of ink and completely screwball of him to even touch if he doesn't think that he's going to be dredging up what he did for a whole new generation.

    Great films back in the day, still fucked up individuals now.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 09-29-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Dropped mee doubleu!
    .

    Life goes on.

  50. #250
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA USA
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Woody Allen...LOL

    I was a fan of his back in the '70's. But when he started schtuping his teenage adopted daughter and I read about his oddball living arrangement requirements with Mia Farrow before that happened, it made me wonder if the real reason he didn't require what he did was a means of being able get away with what he did there. After all this time, I still think it was. So his support of Polanski? Waste of ink and completely screwball of him to even touch if he doesn't think that he's going to be dredging up what he did for a whole new generation.

    Great films back in the day, still fucked up individuals now.
    You said it perfectly, SomeChick! Thanks.
    Last edited by sheri; 09-30-2009 at 11:49 AM.
    You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing...I may be a bitch, but I am NOT YOUR bitch...I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •