Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 545

Thread: Roman Polanski

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,699
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore1989 View Post
    Welcome Home!
    Huh? Did they take him back to France?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Middle Midwest
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    Supposedly he met Sharon Tate when he saw her on the street. He rolled down the car window and yelled "Hey lady, you got a fuckin' beautiful arse".
    Who wouldn't swoon?


    First of all, awesome pic--very 60's wedding!!!

    I believe I first read that story about Sharon and Roman in "Helter Skelter"....Bugliosi says that happened after their marriage ("Roman didn't recognize his wife until she turned around......")

    From Greg King's book, it reads like Sharon did have conversations with Roman regarding fidelity before their marriage, and he did say he still wanted to "be himself" (read: cheat) and Sharon's response was "I don't want to change you; I just want to be with you".....I bet she thought she could change him (marriage does that, dontcha know).....

    Love makes fools of us all.....

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Middle Midwest
    Posts
    1,890

    Roman VS Elvis

    I believe Roman is guilty.....she was 13, she said she was raped, and he was found guilty of said rape....

    Regarding Elvis and Priscilla, age 14: Priscilla, unlike Roman's victim, was in love with Elvis, they later married, and she has NEVER said he raped her in any way.....Elvis and Priscilla first met in the late 1950's, and times were tremendously different about young girls getting married (Hello, Deep South! where coincidentally Elvis grew up)....Not saying any of that makes Elvis "better" than Roman, just saying they are two different circumstances and time periods....

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA USA
    Posts
    2,320
    First of all, I sure as hell would NOT swoon if ANYONE said anything about my arse. Comments like that are uncalled for, period end of story. Regardless of one's status in life.

    Second, Roman knew precisely what he was doing, regardless of how old this girl may or may not have looked at the time. She was still A MINOR. Her mother 'giving permission' doesn't fly with me. IF she did, she's as guilty as Polanski is.

    I'm glad his arse has been arrested on this. He's been running for far too long. Time to face the music. Do the crime, do the time. No matter who you are. Heck, he got away with this crime longer than OJ did, but I digress. Polanski was not and never has been in any position to dictate to any judicial system the conditions of anything, let alone of his return to American soil. He knows this just like everyone else does.

    I can separate him from his body of work. Being a good/wonderful/fantastic director does not a human of equal stature make.
    You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing...I may be a bitch, but I am NOT YOUR bitch...I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch...

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanddodger View Post
    One has to wonder why he went to Switzerland, is he that dumb or not? It's is more than good enough for him. He plied her with Champagne and "ludes" to make her unable to fully fight him off then committed a crime he knew better than too. I hear pedophiles are not at all popular in prison.
    he was being honored with some acheivment award. It's speculated as to why the swiss arrested him now as he has been in that country many times before with no problem.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,955
    Doesn't really matter if this girl was a "hoe" he took advantage of a child. Time to pay your dues, dude. The long arm of the law WILL catch up with you eventually.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived


  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Madisonville, KY
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    he was being honored with some acheivment award. It's speculated as to why the swiss arrested him now as he has been in that country many times before with no problem.
    Because they had a valid arrest warrant for him.

    Steve Cooley, the Los Angeles DA, issued an arrest warrant for him when he heard Polanski would be in Switzerland. So, the Swiss were waiting for him when he landed.

    But, to sum it up, that's why the Swiss arrested him.
    Tact is for those who are bad at sarcasm.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    Because they had a valid arrest warrant for him.

    Steve Cooley, the Los Angeles DA, issued an arrest warrant for him when he heard Polanski would be in Switzerland. So, the Swiss were waiting for him when he landed.

    But, to sum it up, that's why the Swiss arrested him.
    well i figured that. the article i read said that he'd been there before.... so I'm wondering why they chose to do it now. It's been 30 years, I'm sure he's been all over Europe.

    I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve it. Hell, he's been on "the run" so to speak for three decades.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,003
    Doest the Los Angeles DA have more important cases to work on??

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,481
    Los Angeles has a lot of cases to work on. Always has, and always will. Big city, big crimes. Roman fled to a country to hide out, so he wouldn't face his charges. Led his life, married, had children, made films, won an Oscar. Went to his "safe country" to receive a life time achievement award, and found out there was a valid arrest warrant for him. Who knows what will happen now.
    "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead - and the bridge is love" ~ Thorndon Wilder ~

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    This isn't really a DA case anymore. I believe Roman was found guilty, and was allowed to settle his affairs before he was sentenced and then jailed.

    He left the country.

    All he needs is to be found in flight from justice, and his orange jump suit.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,481
    Is it me, or does Roman look like Jake Webber on Medium.
    "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead - and the bridge is love" ~ Thorndon Wilder ~

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    This isn't really a DA case anymore. I believe Roman was found guilty, and was allowed to settle his affairs before he was sentenced and then jailed.
    Actually, he wasn't found guilty (he never went to trial) ...he pled guilty to unlawful sex with a minor in return for several other much more serious charges, (including rape and sodomy) being dropped. He thought that his guilty plea would keep him out of jail, but when he found out that he may still go to jail, that's when he booked.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,468
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    Doesn't really matter if this girl was a "hoe" he took advantage of a child. Time to pay your dues, dude. The long arm of the law WILL catch up with you eventually.

    What about her mother who let her 13 year old "child" go off to be photographed alone with a grown man?

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    What about her mother who let her 13 year old "child" go off to be photographed alone with a grown man?
    She should have been prosecuted for child endangerment, or something like that.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    What about her mother who let her 13 year old "child" go off to be photographed alone with a grown man?

    rape, incest, molestation were not dinner-time conversations back then. Some people lived in a very protective world that you didn't "hear about those kinds of things". Those were not times in which everybody and their brother went on Sally Jesse Raphael, Oprah, Maury Povich, Phil Donohue, etc to talk about their family problems. Especially sexual problems. I can only speculate but I would assume that initially, she thought he was the poor man who lost his wife and it was a big break for her daughter. People didn't lock their doors back then... I'm sure they didn't think that famed directors were going to rape their daughters.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam, Sin City of the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,200
    There goes the reputation of Switzerland as being a neutral country.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...


  18. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    Just read that France and Poland are demanding that Polanski be allowed to bail out. Wasn't he out on bail when he fled?

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Newark, California
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Just read that France and Poland are demanding that Polanski be allowed to bail out. Wasn't he out on bail when he fled?
    Yep. They were working out a deal, he no likey, he runny away.
    "Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I talk."

    Nick Naylor

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    334
    He was 44. She was 13. He gave her alcohol and drugs and raped her - doesn't matter one iota if she "consented". Why does it seem that some of you don't get this? He fled the country like a bead-sweating coward because he knew he broke the law. He has lived the high life long enough, dodging all accountability. He just got busted (a few decades later) due to his own stupidity (lol!). Time for him to come back to the US and serve his f'ing sentence for his despicable crime.

    With all due respect, I have a hard time understanding those trying to say this is unnecessary, or bs.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    163
    The fucking dirtbag committed a crime and he should pay for said crime. The end.
    "I suppose on some deep and profound level, the evening would seem incomplete to me without three minutes of howling." ~ Warren Zevon (1947-2003)

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    690

    I have a hard time.

    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    And that makes it OK.........if it were my daughter, I wouldn`t give a flying shit if he`d never done it before, he still did it to my baby.....what is sad for me, is that with the body of work some of these artist do, especially the really talented ones, it`s overshadowed for me by their arrogance they are somehow immune from the laws and morals that are suppose to govern the rest of us.......I`m sorry, but if your a pedophile in your personal life, I cannot in good conscience watch, or support your work.......genius does not give you lee-way to abuse children........even if it was only one, with a mother that should be hanging by her tits for letting it happen, it doesn`t change the fact of what he did........
    There is great work being created.And I will appreciate the work. I can not let the artists personal affairs get to me.The work is too great.Where will it end.? Beethoven was gay,won't listen. John Keats,gay.Elton John gay,won't read or listen.Gig Young,murderer,Albert Salmi,murderer,will watch no more Twilight Zones, Henry Ford,prejudiced,murderer,no cars.Where will it end? Axel Rose ,a prick ,beat the hell out of Phil Everly's daughter. But that fool wrote" Sweet Child Of Mine".Phil Spector has made records that can make me cry and John Phillips has wrote some beautiful songs.Roman directed "The Pianist "one of the greatest movies ever,he's a legendary director. Where will it end? .All of our artists, a lot are dope-heads and perverts and psychos/Let's just not listen to anything.Because half of the people in the creative field are eccentric and who knows what they have done.See,where I'm getting at ?.Where does it end? I enjoy the work and I don't care about their personal affairs. It has to be like this. Or we might as well not listen to anything.LOL
    Last edited by james1977; 09-28-2009 at 05:20 AM.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam, Sin City of the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,200
    Well, having sex with a minor goes beyond eccentric imo. Although it is my personal believe that this would not have happened if his wife had not been killed. I think that messed up his mind big time. He was not a child molester before, his obsession with younger women started after his wife's death. I believe that you can't seperate one thing from the other. That doesn't justify his actions of course.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...


  24. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    bluegrass state
    Posts
    2,768
    He raped a kid. Time to Pay the Piper.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Orleans View Post
    He was 44. She was 13. He gave her alcohol and drugs and raped her - doesn't matter one iota if she "consented". Why does it seem that some of you don't get this? He fled the country like a bead-sweating coward because he knew he broke the law. He has lived the high life long enough, dodging all accountability. He just got busted (a few decades later) due to his own stupidity (lol!). Time for him to come back to the US and serve his f'ing sentence for his despicable crime.
    With all due respect, I have a hard time understanding those trying to say this is unnecessary, or bs.

    I feel the exact same way you do. He drugged and raped a child. I don't give a shit if she was laying there naked with her legs spread. She was a child. If she was a "slut" it was because she was being abused.

    Maybe they can put him in a cell with good ol' phil spector and they can reflect on the 60's.


  26. #176
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Coming from someone who is a sexual assault survivor this is crap. First off this girl is not calling for his blood after all this time. 13 year olds are not adults, but you know what they are not little innocent saints.

    If you are stupid enough to flirt with grown men and take your clothes off in front of them, then you are old enough to hide the sausage.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Just read that France and Poland are demanding that Polanski be allowed to bail out. Wasn't he out on bail when he fled?
    Switzerland has mentioned releasing him on bail with heightened security. I wonder if this will find it's way to an international incident..

    It's fairly simple ... he pled out is a, convicted felon and fugitive. I'm not certain on judicial procedure, but would think upon return he would be sentenced and appeals filed.

    I don't believe from what I've read, he'll be treated lightly by the LA courts.
    Last edited by Giada; 09-28-2009 at 01:38 PM.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    city that doesn't shut up
    Posts
    510
    RUN ROMAN RUN!!! lol

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    What about her mother who let her 13 year old "child" go off to be photographed alone with a grown man?
    Aparently very Stupid Mother!

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,716
    Just can't but think what the late Dominick Dunne a writer
    would have said about this situation Roman Polanski finds
    himself in.
    Dominick Dunne wrote about how the rich and famous
    could sometimes get away with a crime because of their
    fame and money.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  31. #181
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Home of the Flaming Koresh
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by ppepper View Post
    Doest the Los Angeles DA have more important cases to work on??

    Apparently not!
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?


    Hag O' Death

  32. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    199
    I think he didnt know.wow though.......

  33. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,481
    I believe Roman should come back to the States and face the courts.
    "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead - and the bridge is love" ~ Thorndon Wilder ~

  34. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam, Sin City of the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,200
    The Swiss could have arrested him years ago. How could they allow him to have a house over there? Makes no sense at all.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...


  35. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,481
    Switzerland wasn't after him. The U.S. is. They couldn't arrest him without a valid warrant for his arrest, which is what just happened.
    "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead - and the bridge is love" ~ Thorndon Wilder ~

  36. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,003
    Last spring a little foster boy died in Los Angeles County who got lost in the system. Teachers reported that he was abused and social workers checked on him but he wasnt taken out of the home. They finally tracked down his step father who killed him and yes everyone is so sorry.
    I live near Los Angeles and we need to spent $ on more important things like saving children and health care and not Roman Polanski.

  37. #187
    Guest Guest
    Okay...what the hell am I missing here?

    This was a very famous and rich man who RAPED a 13 year old CHILD...DO WE HAVE THIS STRAIGHT???

    am I supposed to believe that a 13 year old girl can give consent? against a 44 year old man? a famous man? a man who has given her dope and booze??? He was the ADULT...an adult who knew better....an adult that could have paid a prostitute if he felt the "need" but instead he had sex with a kid...which tells me, he wanted to have sex with a kid and couldn't control himself when he did.

    I don't care how much time has passed or if the victim is not calling for his head on a platter..he committed a crime and must pay for that crime

    let's look at Jaycee Dugard who was abducted at age 11 and forced to live in that bastards abuse and captivity...apparently he stopped raping her a long time ago..he never raped their daughters...does that negate what he did to an 11 year old Jaycee??? Because she's now an adult who has children with this monster???

    Roman Polanski committed an act of betrayal against a CHILD and must pay for that, regardless of her current feelings about it or how much of a "genius" he might be (I have never cared for any of his films) or what tragedy he suffered by losing Sharon and the baby...if that were the case than he wouldn't have remarried and continued to have children and make films if his life was so destroyed by their deaths...now is the time for him to answer to what HE'S done

  38. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,462
    I agree with you Dearheart, he pled out to, "felony rape," while other charges were dropped.

    Polanski fed her both Qualudes and alcohol. Regardless of where the victim stands today, this was and is the State of CA vs Polanski, a criminal case, not civil.

    Personally, I hope he serves time in prison and then is permanently deported.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  39. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,481
    A crime is not any less of a crime just because the years have rolled by.
    "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead - and the bridge is love" ~ Thorndon Wilder ~

  40. #190
    Guest Guest
    Damn right!

    I was molested by a Park employee when I was 4 years old...he worked with the parks department for day camp for the kids in the community...I know for a fact that I was not the only one he did this too since I witnessed it as others witnessed what he did to me...that happened 34 years ago...as far as I know he was never caught, convicted, hell he could even be dead by now...but he still did it..it was still a crime and if he were alive today, if I could find him I would expect him to be prosecuted for what he did to me...just because it happened long ago...or maybe he's dead doesn't change the fact he was a child molestor

    Roman pled guilty to RAPE of a child...he then fled this country to escape sentencing...if this were a no name person...or the person that molested me...would everyone be so quick to say "time has passed" or that I was a stupid little girl that trusted the wrong person????

    Let's pretend for a second that this was my molester that fled his punishment for the last 34 years..let's pretend he had a brain tumor and one leg while we're at it...do you think he should be given a "pass" because time and years and circumstances happened to HIM?


    Ugggh between the Susan Atkins thread and this one I'm seeing such a confusion of justice that's beginning to make me sick...how is Roman Polanski "excused" for the rape of a 13 year old child??? I don't get it...40 years passed since the death of Sharon the baby and the others and I firmly believe that all of them responsible should have to pay for that in this one and the next...but somehow some believe he should get a free pass?

    Something inside of Roman Polanski believed he was either above the law or had enough enfluence to get away with raping this girl...and then escaping his punishment, allowed to continue his life for how many years and because so much time has passed or the victim is forgiving he shouldn't have to pay the piper??? I don't get it...I really don't get it...I don't want to get it, I do not care if he's ever touched another child since...the fact remains he did and he should answer for that!

  41. #191
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,481
    I friend of my mom's stopped watching the Oscars after Roman won.
    "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead - and the bridge is love" ~ Thorndon Wilder ~

  42. #192
    Guest Guest
    well I USED to like Debra Winger but today she pissed me off with her statement regarding the grieving of the entertainment community over this CHILD RAPISTS arrest!!! you've got to be kidding me???? seriously???

    This man PLED GUILTY to the charges, which means he agreed to be punished for what he did and then he ran away...he was a FUGITIVE of justice and we're supposed to let byegones be byegones because so much time has passed?

    well let's just forgive all those Nazi's responsible for the deaths of millions of Jews..Hell, let's go ahead and forgive the rest of the Manson family and let them all out too...How is Roman Polanski any less deserving of the punishment befitting to his crime that he pled guilty to than Susan Atkins..Charlie Manson..Tex Watson etc etc etc

    besides murder, sexual assault on anyone but especially a child deserved the most severe of sentences...if he would have paid the piper then he would have been long ago released...now as it is..he faces that time and also additional time for running like a little perverted COWARD!

    at this point this sense of fucking entitlement because of who he is is pissing me off to the point I hope they jail him for the rest of his life! what he did was despicable and I'm shocked by those defending this man's sodomy rape of a child...Jesus please us...we are really going to hell in a hand basket if people think he should be excused for this...I'm utterly stoned shocked by the support this man is receiving from the entertainment community and the masses...Susan Atkins had a shitty existence before the murders and that does not excuse her committing these murders anymore than the tragic death of Sharon and the baby excuses Roman from prosecution in raping a 13 year old kid

  43. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    1,587
    He raped a 13 year old child. He deserves whatever he gets.

  44. #194
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Coming from someone who is a sexual assault survivor this is crap. First off this girl is not calling for his blood after all this time. 13 year olds are not adults, but you know what they are not little innocent saints.

    If you are stupid enough to flirt with grown men and take your clothes off in front of them, then you are old enough to hide the sausage.
    I could not disagree more. The fact that she's not calling for his blood means nothing because it's not her "call"...He pleaded guilty knowing that that would give his chickenshit ass enough time to flee this country like the coward he is. And it makes no matter if this 13 yr old was flirting with a grown man and took off her clothes. He gave her booze and drugs and yes, raped her. I have no idea why this is so hard for some to grasp.

    But, by all means, because he's such a wonderful director: Free Polanski! Free Polanski! I mean it happened 30 yrs ago, so what's the big deal? Unf'ingbelievable. And just think, if he'd served his time when required, he'd be a free man right now, enjoying his golden years with no worries. Too bad, Roman, you screwed yourself as well.

  45. #195
    Guest Guest
    Originally Posted by Miho
    Coming from someone who is a sexual assault survivor this is crap. First off this girl is not calling for his blood after all this time. 13 year olds are not adults, but you know what they are not little innocent saints.

    If you are stupid enough to flirt with grown men and take your clothes off in front of them, then you are old enough to hide the sausage.

    You've got to be joking right? as a "survivor" you actually can make this statement??? that's pretty unbelievable to me also a survivor of not only molestation as a child but as a survivor of rape as an adult by not only my ex husband but also a stranger...so based on your attitude I married the man and that gave him the right to hold a knife against my throat and rape me? because I once willingly took my clothes off for him??? I willingly married him knowing that having sex with your husband is usually part of the deal so therefore he could take sex from me in any way he wanted when he wanted regardless if I said NO or not? How about the last time I was attacked??? I had the nerve to be at a bus stop awaiting a bus so I could get home from work...it was after dark and I had it coming for being at a bus stop alone at night?

    we're talking about a 13 year old kid...and I really don't give a flying fig if she balled all of the boys in her 7th grade class prior to what this man did...a 44 year old man KNOWS you don't FUCK LITTLE GIRLS!

    I would suggest as a "survivor" you get reacquainted with what constitutes rape and when NO MEANS NO...take into consideration he gave her ludes and booze..sodomized her..and when she attempted to leave he stopped her and took off her panties and did it again...consider the fact that she was a 13 year old kid and scared and didn't know how to defend herself and then get back to me about what is expected of a child victim

    Unfreakingfuckingbelievable that anyone feels that this man should get a pass because it's been 30 years...it's been 30 years of him being A FUGITIVE! Does anyone get that???? He ran away..not because of some innocence or a technicality..but because he was a spineless coward that raped a child! he knew exactly what risk he took by carrying out that sentence in prison..you mean to tell me that thought didn't cross his mind that if he went to prison that someone may not hurt him to get a name for themselves as being the one to attack or kill the "famous director" you bet your ass that thought crossed his mind...he admitted to what he did to her, pled guilty and ran away and the fact that he is getting sympathy or praise is just beyond me...if it had been my 13 year old daughter he raped he wouldn't have gotten away...I would have made damn sure of it and I would currently be serving a sentence for hacking off his dick!

    I'm so sick and tired of people blaming the victim or excusing a crime because time has passed...at the very least if he had served his sentence back then he would have been released by now and the argument would have been "he paid his debt to society" when are people going to get that although this happened in 1977 he has NOT paid his debt to society and must face that punishment now!

  46. #196
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    Although it is my personal believe that this would not have happened if his wife had not been killed. I think that messed up his mind big time. He was not a child molester before, his obsession with younger women started after his wife's death. I believe that you can't seperate one thing from the other. That doesn't justify his actions of course.
    I don't understand Linny. Unless you knew or know Polanski personally, how can you say he didn't think of children in that way until his wife was murdered? He was famous before that happened, and he could have gotten away with it easily back then...I'm not saying he did because I don't know, but neither do you. Having your wife murdered does not "turn" a man into a child molester (your words). And what thing can't be separated from another thing? An obsession with children from the death of a wife?? And you say that doesn't justify his actions, but you are justifying it by saying it wouldn't have happened if his wife hadn't been killed. That's blaming his wife's murder rather than his own actions...in an "if A then B" kind of way.

    That was confusing, and I hope I didn't come across too harsh. Please help me get it since I think I may have misunderstood. Thanks.
    Last edited by Orleans; 09-28-2009 at 10:16 PM.

  47. #197
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    334
    Great post, Dearheart.

  48. #198
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Corralitos, Cal
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    He raped a 13 year old child. He deserves whatever he gets.

    His roomies are waiting.

  49. #199
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam, Sin City of the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Orleans View Post
    I don't understand Linny. Unless you knew or know Polanski personally, how can you say he didn't think of children in that way until his wife was murdered? He was famous before that happened, and he could have gotten away with it easily back then...I'm not saying he did because I don't know, but neither do you. Having your wife murdered does not "turn" a man into a child molester (your words). And what thing can't be separated from another thing? An obsession with children from the death of a wife?? And you say that doesn't justify his actions, but you are justifying it by saying it wouldn't have happened if his wife hadn't been killed. That's blaming his wife's murder rather than his own actions...in an "if A then B" kind of way.

    That was confusing, and I hope I didn't come across too harsh. Please help me get it since I think I may have misunderstood. Thanks.
    No, not too harsh. I really understand the anger. He messed up big time and now apparently is the time that he pays for it. I just think that there are more psychological reasons why he what he did. It doesn't make it right, I am not saying that, but I have always believed that his life experiences contributed to his state of mind at the time.
    But this whole thing isn't about justice for the victim anymore. She was brave enough to forgive him. And I really don't understand the timing. After 32 years? Why didn't they take action after he fled?
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...


  50. #200
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Just can't but think what the late Dominick Dunne a writer
    would have said about this situation Roman Polanski finds
    himself in.
    Dominick Dunne wrote about how the rich and famous
    could sometimes get away with a crime because of their
    fame and money.
    That is one column I would have loved to have seen. Yep, he would have had some choice words about the Polanski hearing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    No, not too harsh. I really understand the anger. He messed up big time and now apparently is the time that he pays for it. I just think that there are more psychological reasons why he what he did. It doesn't make it right, I am not saying that, but I have always believed that his life experiences contributed to his state of mind at the time.
    But this whole thing isn't about justice for the victim anymore. She was brave enough to forgive him. And I really don't understand the timing. After 32 years? Why didn't they take action after he fled?
    I think they tried to take action after he fled, but France is a Amnesty Country...or something to that degree. Roman was safe there. What he did was wrong....really if it was your 13yr old daughter would you be so forgiving at what he got away with? Still, did I read it right... her mother just sent her over there for him to take pictures. What a Dumb Ass Lady!
    Last edited by Nicki; 09-29-2009 at 12:23 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •