Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Roman Polanski

Bump!

New troubles in Polanski-land:

A new alleged victim pops out of the wood-work to reveal that the Geimer attack was NOT an isolated incident. Charlotte Lewis, who was just 16 when she appeared in Polanski's movie "Pirates" several years after he fled the USA, has accused the director of "taking (sexual) advantage" of her at the time.
    The fact that Gloria Allred is now representing her makes me think there might be $$$ to be gained, but that doesn't necessarily mean the allegations are false.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...x-scandal.html

One of Polanski's French governmental supporters, Francois Mitterand's creepy nephew, Frederic, has admitted to being a sex tourist in Asia, abusing young boys.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...x-scandal.html
    Last edited by Linnie; 05-15-2010 at 07:22 PM.

I read that also earlier. I certainly don't doubt that the incident happened; however, the timing for the girl to come out publicly is quite questionable.

By the way, that is the Charlotte Lewis who starred in 'The Golden Child' with Eddie Murphy.

IDK if I quite believe this one...as said, hiring Gloria Allred certainly looks bad. One thing for sure, though, she has a hard look to her now or that is a craptastic picture.

Magnificent sense of timing makes me wonder about the credibility.
    ALLRED looks more & more like the younger sister of the late LEONA HELMSLEY.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Magnificent sense of timing makes me wonder about the credibility.
    ALLRED looks more & more like the younger sister of the late LEONA HELMSLEY.
    I LOL'd because frankly, you always kill me. Then I looked. That was a bad idea.

She appears to be channeling Jack Nicholson at the same time!: http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...NP_468x350.jpg

I read somewhere she has a book to promote.
    But I don't believe it. Someones rapes you and you still want to act in his movie? In later interviews she said that she was in love with him. And you say that about your rapist?
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I LOL'd because frankly, you always kill me. Then I looked. That was a bad idea.

She appears to be channeling Jack Nicholson at the same time!: http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...NP_468x350.jpg

Hilarious!

cachluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kaseyko1 View Post
    I read that also earlier. I certainly don't doubt that the incident happened; however, the timing for the girl to come out publicly is quite questionable.
    ---I'm not buying it. And quite frankly she shouldn't be selling it. I do not believe this for one second.

I'm not saying it couldn't have happened. I am saying I don't believe this happened.

Sam Guest
    There was once a time when whores kept their mouths shut. Now they all run to Gloria Allred.

Giada Guest
    Rumor is ... he's back in France.

Nothing I can find to support this, but are the paps or the public interested.

Another abuser who needs his turn on the Runway ... (perp walk).

navallint Guest
    I would like for him to suffer as Sharon did. IMO, he treated her like shit, but she accepted it. If she had lived, they would have been divorced in about 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    I read somewhere she has a book to promote.
    But I don't believe it. Someones rapes you and you still want to act in his movie? In later interviews she said that she was in love with him. And you say that about your rapist?

EXACTLY! And I don't buy for a minute "He pressured me to stay in the movie." Bullshit. You see dollar signs now and are making shit up. Rape survivors don't keep silent until they write a book that they know will make them $$$.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Giada Guest
    Shallow Victory today for this child abuser. The Swiss have declined extradition. He can, however, be arrested again if he travels to any country with who we have a treaty.

In a world where we have become more sensitive to child abuse, Polanski doesn't fare well in his homeland, Poland. The Pole's in large number believe him to be guilty.

"All men want young girls," .... Roman Polanski

John carpenter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    L O L
    LMFAO Jack..My Question is..If a girl who looks 21 & is 13,14,15. and lies & says she is 21..would that be considered a crime? It,s a case of being deseaved..Did Roman know her true age?
    Last edited by John carpenter; 07-12-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John carpenter View Post
    LMFAO Jack..My Question is..If a girl who looks 21 & is 13,14,15. and lies & says she is 21..would that be considered rape? It,s a case of being deseaved..Did Roman know her true age?
    I'm not Jack, but (in my state anyway) yes, it is. The best thing to do is the same as the sellers of tobacco and alcohol - if they look younger than 35, ask to see ID. If she has a fake ID and (oooops!) loses it before the trial, it's your word against hers.

Funny, in MS you can get statutory rape for having sex with a girl/boy under 18, but we can legally wed at 16. Go figure!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

sheri Guest
    Here's the problem - Roman failed to have a thought, because in order to have a thought, he'd have to have a working brain. Just like with heart attacks - you have to have a heart before you can have an attack.

He still looks like he is strung out on something or plastered beyond belief. And smug as all get out.

Ughhh - this pissed me off. He is probably getting his "jolly's" just thinking about it again after all these years. Asshole.....
    My Posse's On Broadway

FannyB1923 Guest
    He deserved to spend the rest of his life in jail for treating a young girl that way.
    On the other hand, the victim won't have to go through a trial. Hopefully she feels there was justice served by exposing him as an abuser.

I believe in Karma, and I wonder why Mr. Polanski has had this pretty terrible life. I feel sorry for him living through the Holocaust and losing family and friends to murder.
    To go through that and then become a child abuser.
    I guess the bad things that happened to him made him "crippled inside", as John Lennon would say.

Elizabeth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post

"All men want young girls," .... Roman Polanski
    Oh, poor Roman.....after all these years, maybe his English is still none too good.....I think what he meant to say is "All *real* men don't want young girls"

I don't understand why they didn't just sentence him in his absence ??? is it because they want a media circus ?? Not surprised to see Europe being Anti American ...
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Funny, in MS you can get statutory rape for having sex with a girl/boy under 18, but we can legally wed at 16. Go figure!
    So if I was 20 and had sex with a 16 yr old girl, that could be thought of as rape.
    But I can marry her?
    Crazy

james1977 Guest
    It seems the judge in the original case Mitterand screwed up. He messed the procedure up and The Swiss Courts wanted transcripts and files and The Los Angeles D.A. just ignored them. Why did they ignore them.? If it was straight sex, maybe they wouldn't have cared. But Roman Polanski had anal sex with her. Sodomy? It definitely is. 13 year old girls .Anal sex ?. That's what made them all mad. The D.A shouldn't have ignored the Swiss Courts. I believe the guy has already suffered enough. The world knows him as a pervert. And this D.A Cooley is just trying to make a name of himself. Perhaps he wants to run for Mayor or Governor. It's just politics. The D.A should have gave the Swiss courts the transcripts. A huge mistake by the D.A.

Quote Originally Posted by james1977 View Post
    It seems the judge in the original case Mitterand screwed up. He messed the procedure up and The Swiss Courts wanted transcripts and files and The Los Angeles D.A. just ignored them. Why did they ignore them.? If it was straight sex, maybe they wouldn't have cared. But Roman Polanski had anal sex with her. Sodomy? It definitely is. 13 year old girls .Anal sex ?. That's what made them all mad. The D.A shouldn't have ignored the Swiss Courts. I believe the guy has already suffered enough. The world knows him as a pervert. And this D.A Cooley is just trying to make a name of himself. Perhaps he wants to run for Mayor or Governor. It's just politics. The D.A should have gave the Swiss courts the transcripts. A huge mistake by the D.A.
    Sounds like everyone are just thinking of themselves and it has turned into a farce
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

The Swiss interpretation of the backroom deal done in 1977 (90 days served) is baffling.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Giada Guest
    I was told by an attorney that the reason the LA DA's office attempted to pursue extradition was Polanski's attorney's were attempting to have the charges against him dropped.

The Supreme Court in California did admit, "some prosecutorial mis-conduct may have occurred," but refused to pursue the matter until Polanski returned for sentencing.

Polanski committed a felony by jumping bail, and the International Arrest warrant remains intact.

The LA DA's office was in full compliance. The Swiss had no right of entitlement to sealed court testimony, (under treaty). The Swiss, in their decision, were posturing, protecting a, "celebirty/land owner."
    Last edited by Giada; 07-14-2010 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    So if I was 20 and had sex with a 16 yr old girl, that could be thought of as rape.
    But I can marry her?
    Crazy
    You got it!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest

Talking PERV

Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    I do believe that this happened once, so he is not a repeat offender.

But remember around the time he was in court over this he was dating that 16 year old actress in Europe the one who starred in his movie Tess...can't recall her name now. He's a perv.

Quote Originally Posted by p00key View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't just sentence him in his absence ??? is it because they want a media circus ?? Not surprised to see Europe being Anti American ...

Even if that were true, you can't blame the U.S. for the fact the guy raped a 13 year old. He put himself in that position and he's the only one to blame. If I got to the UK and rape a 13 year old, can I say "Well, sure I left but you know those British tabloids!" I think not.

Giada Guest
    You might be thinking of Natassia Kinski who was 15 at the time Polanski was sexually active with her in Europe.

The judge was rightfully angry with Polanski's trip to Europe in which he was photographed many times with teen girls while he was on bail.

Polanski, Lohan ... etc., lie to the courts, behave with defiance instead of co-operate, you'll find a judge quick to sentence.

Without Polanski's extradition this remains a win for both the US and California. Polanski is unable to return and be involved in filmmaking.

He does not lose his felony/fugitive status.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I searched 3 times ot see if there was a thread on him. I found none.

I wondered how may of us think what he did was rape or if having consensual sex with a minor who is already having sex with others should be considered as molestation.

Didn't the girl say that she told him no though? At any age that's rape. No means no, as they say. Even if she was 100. Also, I don't think her having had sex before with others equates in at all. Obviously 13 is way too young to be having sex, but she's not the one on trial. I'm 27, so because I've had sex before, if someone were to ply me with drugs and force himself on me, I would somehow be responsible? He is absolutely a gifted artist, an incredible director. He's also a womanizer and a rapist. Both are facts. He treated Sharon Tate like garbage and he didn't deserve her IMO. Sleeping with her friends, etc. And making comments about how women are dumb and should be dumb and all about sex. This is a man who has no respect at all for women and views them solely as sex objects there for his own needs and wants.

I absolutely feel sorry for the terrible things he went through in his life, the Holocaust and the Manson Murders, that's really enough to drive anyone utterly insane...and I think it did

DonnaMc Guest
    Many families have been through the same or similar things and it didn't make them want to have sex with young kids. I believe he had that desire anyway, and in this case, he just got caught. Karma is a bitch!
    Last edited by DonnaMc; 03-06-2011 at 07:04 PM.

I definitely don't see it as an excuse, but I think I'd be a little nutty too lol. I mean I've been through some seriously bad things too, but this guy seems to be cursed. Not excusing the fact that he's a pig tho

I so believe Charlotte Lewis againist Polanski.

That he was sexually assaulting this young
    girl at the time the film-Pirates-(1986) was made.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Mulvaness Guest
    Roman Polanski admits raping the 13 yr old girl, finally.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...le-victim.html

Djen Guest
    I hope all the famous people who supported him, by saying things like, "It's not RAPE rape," or that it's some how OK to rape 13-year-olds if you're a creative genius, etc etc etc, will own up to their part of victimizing this girl. Because as he's finally admitting, that's what they've all done over and over throughout the years.

This case has always made me very angry.

He is a disgusting pig... Just looking at him makes me wanna slap the shiznit outta him...
    My Posse's On Broadway

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    I hope all the famous people who supported him, by saying things like, "It's not RAPE rape," or that it's some how OK to rape 13-year-olds if you're a creative genius, etc etc etc, will own up to their part of victimizing this girl. Because as he's finally admitting, that's what they've all done over and over throughout the years.

This case has always made me very angry.
    I hear exactly where you are coming from, but I'm not going to hold my breath that the people who have supported Polanski all these years are going to own up to anything. They have idolized him knowing full well what he had done.

Giada Guest
    Polanski admits he made a mistake and blames the media in the same breath.

Narcissist ...

I'm pleased the LA DA's office went after him full bore. He'll never be allowed back in the US, the warrant remains intact for his arrest.

deanfan Guest
    I don't know what Sharon saw in him. He has always had a slimy look about him.

the 13 year old victim has a book coming out in Sept 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...m_hp_ref=books

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    the 13 year old victim has a book coming out in Sept 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...m_hp_ref=books
    Shes actually 50 now not 13.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I may have to read this book, I never thought she would write one.

Sad that he will never be prosecuted.

ETA: I wonder how long it would have taken Sharon Tate to figure out what an ass and pervert he is, if she had lived.

I wonder if Roamin' Roman ever had designs on Sharon's youngest sister Patti. She was not quite 12 when Sharon was killed, but how much contact did the Tates maintain with their former in-law afterwards, as Patti got older?

Like him or not, his life story is utterly fascinating. Surviving the holocaust, his wife murdered in one of the most notorious crimes of the century, being a celebrity, and his sexual compulsions leading to a decades long exile to another country. Hard to image this all happening to one man.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

RP suffers from "The Stray Cat Blues"................

This makes me think of Michael Jackson. Polanski should rot in jail for what he did, along with Geimer's mother. Who on Earth would send her daughter off alone with a middle aged man? Polanski should be resented for this, along with Geimer's mother who is just as responsible for the rapings. It always blew my mind that mothers would hand over their children to Michael Jackson to sleep over but Jackson seems to get all of the blame for his behavior, not the mothers who enabled him.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

pwem Guest
    I don't care what kind of history he had or how good an artist he is the guy needs to pay for what he has done. He gives me the creeps.

christababy Guest
    he makes good movies tho