Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Roman Polanski

The mom smelled money and when she didn't get paid off she went to the cops.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

sassie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I know he had sex with a minor and that is bad, but I cannot help but think that after Sharon was killed it really fucked him up.
    Not just that, but his entire childhood...imprisoned in the Krakow ghetto during the Holocaust, he escaped as a preteen and had to fend for himself for several years, his mother gassed at Auschwitz, and father imprisoned in another concentration camp...and then his wife and child murdered...I'm not excusing Polanski, but is it any wonder the guy is f**ked up?

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I just watched the bio ROman wanted and desired on hbo
    The prosecuting attorney and his defense attorney and half of the other legal offices are in that thing.
    The parents and the girl did not want ROman to go to jail. They told the DA and the judge this . The judge changed what he was going to sentance him to about 50 times.He was getting shit at the country club because they want to know if he was going to let RP walk. He told the Da and the defense to make a phony closing argument because he wanted to send RP to jail for a 90 day assment to see if he was a pedophile and if he was going to do it again and then he was deporting him .
    Then he lets RP go to finish a movie but the movie was in paris, and when RP was there he thru afit and a bigger fit when he saw him going out to dinner with all these famous people duuuhhh. SO RP comes back and they sit his ass in jail for 40 days
    and 3 shrinks say he is not a pedophile and in France and germany atthat time it was not illegalto have sex with aminor and RP was truly sorry that he did this.
    So back to court again he tells the attorneys he isnt sure what he will do buthe thinkls he will send him up for 20 years. That he is not accepting the plea bargin and not accepting what the parents or the girl want.
    He asked a reporter for cripes sake what he should do with RP. The reporter says he wants no part of it.
    To make a long story short that is why RP left the country. After allis said and done the judge is disbarred and taken off the bench for his bullshit.
    He was pissed becuse 3 state appinted shrinks said that he was not a pedophile and would noit offend again. It was also said that RP was not the only one who had sex with her and the Prosecutors wanted the mother chraged for something too as they felt she sent her kid to the lions den to make money on the kid. They felt she set her child up in some manner because no adult send a 13 yr old kid off to take picures to Jack Nicholcons house or any other bacherlors house without a parent there.
    The other reasons were that the way the mother found out what happened according to her is that her daughter was telling her friends about it. Although the kid said she doesn't remember it because of the champagne and the drugs.
    In essence I guess if it had not become such public news they may not have prosecuted him for having sex with a minor,. He was never convicted of rape .
    I know he was stupid and wrong for doing this but I cannot believe what theser attorneys were saying! These guys from both sides refused to follow orders and the judge threatened them and both sides told RP what the judge was going to do, so he siad "I will see you guys later" and left the states.
    He nevr has reoffended that we know of, so maybe those shrinks were right?
    I watched it too,No matter what, he is and always will be a scumbag who ran away from his punishment. No excuse can clean his slate,I don't buy the sympathy bit from him,what he did was take advantage of a child premission granted or not,no child at 13 can make adult decisions there are laws governing children and Polanski "skirted" those laws.

Roman's biggest mistake was not marrying the 13 year old. Of course Elvis married his 13/14 year old sexual liasion and this is perfectly ok.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    The mom smelled money and when she didn't get paid off she went to the cops.
    I so agree with this!!! I do not condone what Roman did in any way, but let's face it..the charges need to go away at this point and as was pointed out by neilmpenny, Priscilla was just beyond 13 when Elvis took up with her and Jerry Lee Lewis also married a 13 year old cousin (I think it was a cousin)..anyway my point is that he is not the only celeb to have sex with an underage girl and won't be the last....even the "victim" says she has forgiven him!

Wasnt this acceptable up until very recently? Like I said in the other thread 13 year olds can be whores too we can execute them if they kill but they are innocent victims when they go out and fuck? Whatever. Yeah Roman shouldve shown some constraint.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

MoonRabbit Guest
    I posted this on the Sharon Tate thread but you know how posts
    get lost.
    This is the Grand Jury testimony.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...skicover1.html

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/polanskia1.html

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/polanskib1.html

beatlebaby4 Guest
    MoonRabbit, Ich posted a very interesting map on Dead eyes thread. Go have a look. It's very interesting to say the least.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Not my type personally. But I guess he must have something going for him!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    MoonRabbit, Ich posted a very interesting map on Dead eyes thread. Go have a look. It's very interesting to say the least.
    It is interesting. It would be neat to find that map showing the early 70s.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Roman's biggest mistake was not marrying the 13 year old. Of course Elvis married his 13/14 year old sexual liasion and this is perfectly ok.
    According to Priscilla Presley's book (Elvis and Me) Elvis Presley "saved" Priscilla until their wedding night.
    I don't think he had sex with Priscilla when she was under aged.
    At least this is what Priscilla claims in the book?
    But they did live and sleep together?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    It is interesting. It would be neat to find that map showing the early 70s.
    Exactly. Sex was a lot "looser" back then with the free love and all.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    watch the documentary. i thought i remembered what went down but when you see it, it certainly gives you somethng to think about. was he guilty of sex with a minor? absolutely. but what happened afterwards was off the wall.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    the judge was a fame whore and was only concerned about making a name for himself. He didn't care about justice at all. It was crazy and off the wall.

MoonRabbit Guest
    I saw the thread! It is very interesting and scary.

MoonRabbit Guest
    the judge was a fame whore and was only concerned about making a name for himself. He didn't care about justice at all. It was crazy and off the wall.
    Isn't it a shame that Judges like this exist?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Yup!!

MoonRabbit Guest
    Exactly. Sex was a lot "looser" back then with the free love and all.
    Sex was crazy back then but isn't it the same today except for
    the AIDS virus that calmed it down?
    I think Roman was a dog to have had sex with this kid after giving her drugs and booze. And I think
    he fled because he knew what he did was going to get him
    jailed.
    I feel bad because of what Roman went through in his life.
    But I'm not sure he was thinking of his life's misery when he
    screwed this 13 year old girl.
    I think he wanted to knock his rocks off. Maybe Roman was
    on drugs and that impaired his judgment?

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    I so agree with this!!! I do not condone what Roman did in any way, but let's face it..the charges need to go away at this point and as was pointed out by neilmpenny, Priscilla was just beyond 13 when Elvis took up with her and Jerry Lee Lewis also married a 13 year old cousin (I think it was a cousin)..anyway my point is that he is not the only celeb to have sex with an underage girl and won't be the last....even the "victim" says she has forgiven him!
    I just remembered an incident about Elvis and Priscilla!
    In the book "Elvis and Me" Priscilla talked about the time
    Elvis gave her drugs to sleep and Priscilla didn't wake up
    for 2 or 3 days! And I'm pretty sure is was a minor at the
    time of this incident.

My mother is a huge fan of Elvis Presley and if I say anything
    negative about him she will really get pissed off. Even if it's
    true.

RoRo Guest
    I would think with what we know now both Elvis and Roman were probably freely using drugs and I am sure that factored into the situation with Roman and the girl and I do not think that girl was innocent in it all either...she could have called someone or left or smacked him over the head when he started getting out of hand...JMO

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    time of this incident.

true.

ELVIS met PRISCILLA while he was stationed in Germany when she was all of 14; he moved her into GRACELAND, the mecca for white trash when she was 16. He supposedly promised her parents that she'd have her own room, a private tutor, and how everything would be on the up & up. When several years later it appeared that he was more interested in ANN MARGRET whom he'd met while working on VIVA LAS VEGAS, PRISCILLA' stepfather lowered the boom saying that if ELVIS didn't marry his stepdaughter he would make a big noise about how how he'd had her installed in GRACELAND while she was a minor. Of course truth be told wouldn't the parents have been accomplices to the set-up ?
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

This guy is a real selfish asshole, he has stated in the media recently that if the criminal charges are dropped against him he still will not return to United States he just wants to have a clean record. I can't believe he would not go to see his wife and son's grave after 30 years, you would think that would be the first place he would want to go after all these years.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin76 View Post
    This guy is a real selfish asshole, he has stated in the media recently that if the criminal charges are dropped against him he still will not return to United States he just wants to have a clean record. I can't believe he would not go to see his wife and son's grave after 30 years, you would think that would be the first place he would want to go after all these years.

He's a pedophile... France can keep his ass.... and Im sure us hags love Sharon more than him! Whata douche!!!

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    ELVIS met PRISCILLA while he was stationed in Germany when she was all of 14; he moved her into GRACELAND, the mecca for white trash when she was 16. He supposedly promised her parents that she'd have her own room, a private tutor, and how everything would be on the up & up. When several years later it appeared that he was more interested in ANN MARGRET whom he'd met while working on VIVA LAS VEGAS, PRISCILLA' stepfather lowered the boom saying that if ELVIS didn't marry his stepdaughter he would make a big noise about how how he'd had her installed in GRACELAND while she was a minor. Of course truth be told wouldn't the parents have been accomplices to the set-up ?

YUP, and thats why I cant stand Pricilla... not that it was all her fault... but she wasnt the love of Elvis's live... and Im sorry King of Rock my ass... I wouldnt have loaned him one of my girls for a few years

Sex was crazy back then but isn't it the same today except for the AIDS virus that calmed it down?
    Not so. It is as free and wild as the 60's & 70's right here in Asia today.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Meli Guest
    time of this incident.

true.

Hahahaha, my mom is this way about Def Leppard

time of this incident.

true.

PEOPLE magazine interviewed some of his co-stars, and others who had known him for a retrospective that they were doing to honor his '50th Birthday' or some other date. Anyway, most of the actresses offered the same dribble about ELVIS saying "how terribly sweet and naive" he was etcetera.
    BARBARA EDEN, SHELLEY FABARES, MARY ANN MOBLEY, all provided the same pat anecdotes.

They should've interviewed DONNA DOUGLAS who has never spoken publicly about the dirty shit he pulled on her. STELLA STEVENS told PEOPLE about what an absurd ass he had been when they were making GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS in 1962. The awkward moves he made on her; just basically that he was an inept sleazeball. Several weeks later in the 'Feedback' section from the magazine's readers there was quite a few blasting STEVENS for daring to insinuate that ELVIS was anything short of extraordinary. How dare she ? Fans often want to see & think what they want, nothing more. I think that NATALIE WOOD likely summed him up fairly well following a several week romance: "He could sing, but that's about it !"
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

John Connor Guest
    He is a great artist. That girl he "raped" is a manipulative little cunt and so is her mother.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    He is a great artist. That girl he "raped" is a manipulative little cunt and so is her mother.
    Blunt and coldly stated but I am inclined to agree! Great Director, obviously a little odd, but so were that young lady and her mum! Fame brings out the weirdoes!

Whoa. Tell us how you really feel!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by betsy View Post
    Whoa. Tell us how you really feel!
    Hehe, maybe he needs to be a bit more vicious in his opinion!

Polanski is a genious...many of his films will stand for a ong time, as some of the greatest ever.... As to his personal life.. well I cannot help feeling sympathy towards him... he lost his family in the Holocaust, his wife and unborn baby in brutally butchered along with three family friends.. and he has still managed to keep his sanity. Not that this excuses him for sleeping with a thirteen year old girl.. that is gross. But I agree with keunjames I believe that the girl and her mother are mainly to blame... granted polanski was an adult and should have refused, but he was told that she was older, she looked older etc... I dunno. I think the charges should be dropped, so he can visit his wife and son´t grave....!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Polanski is a genious...many of his films will stand for a ong time, as some of the greatest ever.... As to his personal life.. well I cannot help feeling sympathy towards him... he lost his family in the Holocaust, his wife and unborn baby in brutally butchered along with three family friends.. and he has still managed to keep his sanity. Not that this excuses him for sleeping with a thirteen year old girl.. that is gross. But I agree with keunjames I believe that the girl and her mother are mainly to blame... granted polanski was an adult and should have refused, but he was told that she was older, she looked older etc... I dunno. I think the charges should be dropped, so he can visit his wife and son´t grave....!!!
    Ok, just speaking from memory here, but I thought he confessed to knowing she was only 13... Anyone? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree the mother was total pond scum. What kind of parent wouldn't want to supervise their young daughter's "Vogue photo shoot" with a 40ish man? But I do have a bit of a problem blaming a 13 year old girl, no matter how "sexually experienced" she allegedly was.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Melicious625 View Post
    YUP, and thats why I cant stand Pricilla... not that it was all her fault... but she wasnt the love of Elvis's live... and Im sorry King of Rock my ass... I wouldnt have loaned him one of my girls for a few years
    If my rotten memory serves me well I remember that Priscilla's parents
    mentioned that they didn't want to ruin Priscilla's chances of opportunity?
    I guess this was why they allowed her to visit and live with Elvis when she was underaged?
    Imagine allowing your under aged daughter to live with a sex symbol?

What bugged Elvis is that Priscilla left him for a guy that made a low
    standard of living. At least that is what his friends wrote?

I guess Priscilla Presley will never want of anything will she?

burgtwngrl Guest
    I'm a fan of Polanski's Work before the rape. I'm not a fan of his personally. He was a jerk to Sharon he didn't want that baby; he wanted her to get rid of it. He raped that girl pure and simple and he's no better then the pedophiles in prison. He's a coward for running away. What even makes me more Irrate is the actors that completely put aside what he did and travel to France to work with him! Yet we crucify Michael Jackson and he's never been convicted of anything! (I'm not defending Wacko Jacko I think he's a slimball also) but the point is why are they turning a blind eye to Polanski but shun Jackson and Gary Glitter etc... They are all equally slimballs and should all be treated the same. If I were an actor and Polanski wanted me to be in his movie I would decline I couldn't live with myself being a mother and knowing what he was convicted of in this country. He's a coward. He needs to face the music.

Meli Guest

Then why run to France? That screams guilty to me.

Has he ever been to Sharon's grave??

Did he attend the funeral, if so, did he go to the grave after that before he fled to France?

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Has he ever been to Sharon's grave??

Did he attend the funeral, if so, did he go to the grave after that before he fled to France?
    Here is a picture of Roman at Tate's funeral.

NOVSTORM Guest
    They girl that was involved in this w3ant the charges against him dropped and I read that she may not testify if they continue with this . Wonder how this will work for the DA?

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by betsy View Post
    Ok, just speaking from memory here, but I thought he confessed to knowing she was only 13... Anyone? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree the mother was total pond scum. What kind of parent wouldn't want to supervise their young daughter's "Vogue photo shoot" with a 40ish man? But I do have a bit of a problem blaming a 13 year old girl, no matter how "sexually experienced" she allegedly was.

I agree... nothing like blaming the victim.

lisalouver Guest
    If my rotten memory serves me well I remember that Priscilla's parents
    mentioned that they didn't want to ruin Priscilla's chances of opportunity?
    I guess this was why they allowed her to visit and live with Elvis when she was underaged?
    Imagine allowing your under aged daughter to live with a sex symbol?

What bugged Elvis is that Priscilla left him for a guy that made a low
    standard of living. At least that is what his friends wrote?

I guess Priscilla Presley will never want of anything will she?
    Priscilla's parents were culpable for sure.

If you want to read a good book about Priscilla and the real story of how she met Elvis and what she did to meet him, read Suzanne Finstad's Child Bride.

http://www.amazon.com/Child-Bride-Pr.../dp/0517705850

I read it when it came out and was floored and tend to believe a lot of it. Priscilla was a little groupie who did what she could to get where she got.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Priscilla's parents were culpable for sure.

If you want to read a good book about Priscilla and the real story of how she met Elvis and what she did to meet him, read Suzanne Finstad's Child Bride.

http://www.amazon.com/Child-Bride-Pr.../dp/0517705850

I read it when it came out and was floored and tend to believe a lot of it. Priscilla was a little groupie who did what she could to get where she got.

Lisa-

I have this book as well. I am a huge Elvis fan, but have no use for Priscilla - I do credit her with turning nothing into something after his death, but that book really opened my eyes.

And her plastic surgery - UGH

Quote Originally Posted by octobersky View Post
    Here is a picture of Roman at Tate's funeral.

How soon after this did he flee to France?

It is sad to think he has not visited her grave in over thirty years

lisalouver Guest
    Lisa-

I have this book as well. I am a huge Elvis fan, but have no use for Priscilla - I do credit her with turning nothing into something after his death, but that book really opened my eyes.

And her plastic surgery - UGH
    Great book, huh!!

Yes, I agree on what she did with Graceland and as for her face
    She used to be so beautiful.

burgtwngrl Guest
    he didn't care about Sharon and he didn't give a damn about that baby. Keenujames I was highly offended at your C word Comment every woman here should have been offended.

HE was the adult in the room. HE should have used self control, HE has had relationships with other minors HE is a Pedophile.

OK he's an excellent Director Loved Rosemary's Baby... so I'll give credit where credit is due...

HE'S a Talented Pedophile. Oh yeah he's also a coward for not facing what he did and served his time.
    Last edited by burgtwngrl; 01-18-2009 at 05:34 PM.

octobersky Guest
    How soon after this did he flee to France?

It is sad to think he has not visited her grave in over thirty years
    He fled to France on Feb 1st, 1978 and Sharon was laid to rest on August 13th, 1969.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I would bet before he was involved in the rape case he didn't visit her... I bet he could count on his one hand the times he visited her grave. He didn't care about her or the baby.

What kills me to this day is that Sharon's sister keeps in touch with him... I mean she had to know how he treated her, cheated on her, wanted her to have an abortion. I wouldn't give him the time of day especially after he like a coward fled to France.

Screwtape Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    HE is a Pedophile
    This is something that is true.
    Last edited by Screwtape; 01-18-2009 at 05:35 PM.

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    I would bet before he was involved in the rape case he didn't visit her... I bet he could count on his one hand the times he visited her grave. He didn't care about her or the baby.

What kills me to this day is that Sharon's sister keeps in touch with him... I mean she had to know how he treated her, cheated on her, wanted her to have an abortion. I wouldn't give him the time of day especially after he like a coward fled to France.
    But you don't know for a fact the didn't visit.

Isn't there a statute of limitations on stuff like this?

burgtwngrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    But you don't know for a fact the didn't visit.

Isn't there a statute of limitations on stuff like this?
    No I don't

Since he never faced the music, was a coward and fled the statue of limitations should never be up. He never served a day for his sentence. He escaped. If he came to the US now they would throw away the key... that's what needs to happen... he's no different then any other pedophile.