Page 1 of 12 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Roman Polanski

NOVSTORM Guest

Roman Polanski

I searched 3 times ot see if there was a thread on him. I found none.

I wondered how may of us think what he did was rape or if having consensual sex with a minor who is already having sex with others should be considered as molestation.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Roman + minor + cocaine = Sleezebag, pedophile

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Ditto, Molly.

What goes into 13 twice?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    What goes into 13 twice?
    A Pentagram...........

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I just went into this thing about the dichotomy of an artist's personal life vs. the art s/he produces in the Woody/Mia thread...so won't bore everyone with that again.
    My take is this--his life is his life and his art is his art. He's a slimeball personally--that's a given. His movies though? Many of them are masterpieces for the ages (Knife In The Water, Rosemary's Baby, The Tenant, Macbeth, The Pianist).
    The life and the art are two completely different things, and I just can't let how I feel about an artist personally interfere with how I feel about his or her art--that is, after all, their true legacy to the world. His films have enriched my life substantially.

Polanski's artistry is legendary--and deservedly so.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Qualudes + champagne + sexulally active teen who looks 21 with Moms permission to go alone with adult movie star to another movie stars home for "photo session" =
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Qualudes + champagne + sexulally active teen who looks 21 with Moms permission to go alone with adult movie star to another movie stars home for "photo session" =
    ?
    Still, he was the adult. As the adult he was the one with the control. Even if she threw herself at him, he was the one who had the control that would result in the outcome.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Still, he was the adult. As the adult he was the one with the control. Even if she threw herself at him, he was the one who had the control that would result in the outcome.
    I agree.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I agree, I don't care if a ten year looks twenty. He knew better. Sicko.

mel306 Guest
    I agree he was wrong here, but do you get the feeling the mother of the girl is scum too? I haven't read much on this, but the few things I did make me think she wasn't all there.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Oh her mom definitely should have been charged with something.

Jazbabee Guest
    Here is a pic of Samanthe Geimer now, and a link to her CNN interview given around the time of Romans' Oscar win......

www.cnn.com/.../Movies/02/24/polanski.geimer/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	story_geimer.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	4882  

hotmama Guest
    any man who has sex with a 13 year old is nasty. no matter if it is roman, michael, or r. kelly. that is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    any man who has sex with a 13 year old is nasty. no matter if it is roman, michael, or r. kelly. that is sick.
    At least he didnt pee on her.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Jazbabee Guest
    Found a pic of Samantha at 13, and her account of what happened with Polanski that day.......

www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15775812...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000F1158-BDB0-12E4-A7580C01AC1BF814.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	4883  

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    At least he didnt pee on her.
    L O L

NOVSTORM Guest
    I agree that he did wrong no two ways about it, I wanted someone else to say what I was thinking ,that the mother should have been charged with something too. I feel that mother set him up, almost like she knew what was going to happen and that she would get big bucks out of it.

mel306 Guest
    I really want to know why there were nude pictures being taken at all. She was 13. That almost grosses me out more.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mel306 View Post
    I really want to know why there were nude pictures being taken at all. She was 13. That almost grosses me out more.
    Mom said it was ok.

I do believe that this happened once, so he is not a repeat offender.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    And that makes it OK.........if it were my daughter, I wouldn`t give a flying shit if he`d never done it before, he still did it to my baby.....what is sad for me, is that with the body of work some of these artist do, especially the really talented ones, it`s overshadowed for me by their arrogance they are somehow immune from the laws and morals that are suppose to govern the rest of us.......I`m sorry, but if your a pedophile in your personal life, I cannot in good conscience watch, or support your work.......genius does not give you lee-way to abuse children........even if it was only one, with a mother that should be hanging by her tits for letting it happen, it doesn`t change the fact of what he did........

RaRaRamona Guest
    I honestly don't know what to say about that. What a frightening idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    And that makes it OK.........if it were my daughter, I wouldn`t give a flying shit if he`d never done it before, he still did it to my baby.....what is sad for me, is that with the body of work some of these artist do, especially the really talented ones, it`s overshadowed for me by their arrogance they are somehow immune from the laws and morals that are suppose to govern the rest of us.......I`m sorry, but if your a pedophile in your personal life, I cannot in good conscience watch, or support your work.......genius does not give you lee-way to abuse children........even if it was only one, with a mother that should be hanging by her tits for letting it happen, it doesn`t change the fact of what he did........
    I completely agree; I now Jack disagrees, but when a celebrity rapes a child or kills someone it does change me view of them. I can't separate the two. I can't support a person who does such things & by buying their product I am supporting them by giving them my money. I understand that their art may still be "valid" in society but it's nothing but trash to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post

I said he is not a repeat offender, I did not say it's ok for an adult to have sex with a minor. Trust the art, not the artist.
    Last edited by Linnythepooh; 04-14-2008 at 05:53 AM.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I said he is not a repeat offender, I did not say it's ok for an adult to have sex with a minor. Trust the art, not the artist.
    I wasn`t trying to offend.......I was just stating my feelings.....I wish I could trust the art, not the artist, but alas their personal proclivities for disgusting acts is splashed across the news media everywhere, and it does affect how I feel......everyone comes to a different conclusion, doesn`t make one right, doesn`t make one wrong........

I can absolutely understand that you as a mother have a problem with Polanski. I think he made a enormous, stupid mistake. And the aftermath must have made him think about how wrong he was. Especially now, since his own daughter has hit puberty.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I can absolutely understand that you as a mother have a problem with Polanski. I think he made a enormous, stupid mistake. And the aftermath must have made him think about how wrong he was. Especially now, since his own daughter has hit puberty.
    Excellant point........

RaRaRamona Guest
    Doubt it. Lots of peds molest their own daughters. Lots have kids. He hasn't ever paid for what he did so you can't even say he did his time. He hasn't.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    13 is a little over the top. I mean, I can understand maybe 16 is she looks older, but 13!!
    I figure he just flipped and lost his mind after Sharon and the baby were murdered. At least this girl is leading a normal life and not scarred.

RoRo Guest
    As a survivor of child sexual abuse which started at age 11 I can say that no matter if the girl says she has no problems or after effects from it...she does!
    While Polanski is a talented man in his profession and the excuse that this is common in Europe ( BAH! ) is of no matter....he is guilty and knew it or he wouldn't have fled America. He is a sleazy sort overall and did not get punished as he should have been ...nor did the mother and I use that term loosely!

I can tell you that child abuse isn't common over here.

NOVSTORM Guest
    It stuns me sometimes the amount of women I talk to or have met were sexually abused by a father,brother,uncle & grandpa. I am the youngest of really 12 kids and I had 7 sisters and 1 1/2 sister. When my parents left and I mean just left us I was the only one that was adopted by an AUnt and Uncle (from my bio fathers side) I didn't meet all of my bro and sisters untili i was in my late teens and in my 30's because most of us were scattered around the country. Just one time when I was 30 something I actually sat in the same room with all but one of my sisters. Up all night talking and I found out that all of them had been sexually abused and mainly by one person, my grandfather on my bio fathers side and of course my adopted mothers since they were brother and sister. I guess what I really found hard to beleive is that NO one did a thing about it. There were a couple of uncles in there too and no one did a damn thing. My one sister was taken to the hospital when a hair brush was used,bleeding vaginally and no reports, nothing. I almost didn't believe her but some how some way she had gotten a hold of her hospital records and she showed us!
    There was no remorse from those men either. I know why my grandfather never touched me because I was a brat. I would have told my dad in a heart beat and he would have killed him. I find out in my 30's why my dad never permitted me to be alone with this man LOL To top it off I hated that old man he was a mean old bastard. I bet my last wrinkle that he molested his own daughters too but they would never have said one word about it to anyone.
    I think child abuse in common every where but I think it is how you are raised that keeps one from telling. If sex is not talked baout in the household I don't think that the kid either knows what is happening or is afraid to bring up a "dirty subject" I know my generation did NOT talk about sex,but we kids were kind of street smart so we knew what to look for but would we have told our parents? probably not.
    I know my sisters led pretty normal lives and we talked about this ordeal when we had the chance and I think they came thru it pretty good. They were not angry about it anymore in fact almost pittied those creeps. If they were angry they would have said so because my family always says whats on their minds or what they are pissed about much to the general publics and families dismay.! It seems that this young girl came thru her ordeal pretty well adjusted too.
    I do not think that polanski is a pedophile. I think he was hurt angry,and pretty full of himself ,on drugs and maybe even thought it was OK. I don't know . I do know it was absolutely wrong and that he has never offened again that we know of. I think in the long run he knew what he did was wrong.
    I think he would have stayed for his punishment if this judge wasn't talking about 20 years. He was going to made an example of and he wasn't sticking around for it. I do think if had any balls he would have written this girl and appologized for what he did. Offered to pay for therapy or something to make her life easier.
    maybe now that he has a child almost the same age as this girl was when he had sex with her ,that he fully realizes what he did. He should have tried to make amends some how some way. For that reason and for what he did , I cannot think of him as a good person. But I can think of him as a talented producer.

RoRo Guest
    I can tell you that child abuse isn't common over here.
    I did not mean it that way dear.
    Polanski has stated in the past that having relationships with younger women is common in Europe...he never looked at it as rape or abuse..he did say he initiated the encounter but that she responded in kind.....
    I did not mean to offend

Deathgoddess Guest
    Novstorm, i think you are right, it is a very big problem and it is not talked about enough!

As far as Roman and that little girl, since her mother was so lax with her, i wonder what other questionable situations she had been in before this happened? It is so sad that he would say he initiated it and she was okay with it, like it is EVER okay to have any kind of relations with a 13 year old. That is pretty sick

RaRaRamona Guest
    Most pervs say the little girl asked for it. They claim five year old girls seduce them, that a three year old boy wanted to. Sickos. Never take up for a rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    I did not mean it that way dear.
    Polanski has stated in the past that having relationships with younger women is common in Europe...he never looked at it as rape or abuse..he did say he initiated the encounter but that she responded in kind.....
    I did not mean to offend

Then it's still not common practice. I really don't know anyone who would date a teen. However, sometimes I can understand that a mistake is easily made. I remember sitting in a bus a while back and these two girls got on the bus. They looked like 15 going on 25. I'm not saying it is normal, but there are girls out there that just don't look like a teenager.

mel306 Guest
    Then it's still not common practice. I really don't know anyone who would date a teen. However, sometimes I can understand that a mistake is easily made. I remember sitting in a bus a while back and these two girls got on the bus. They looked like 15 going on 25. I'm not saying it is normal, but there are girls out there that just don't look like a teenager.
    Is anyone looking at the picture of her? Does anyone here think she looks old enough at all. She looks like an absolute baby to me.

How do you know he isn't a repeat offender?

Just because it hasn't been reported doesn't mean he hasn't done it again, and he probably has, IMO.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by mel306 View Post
    Is anyone looking at the picture of her? Does anyone here think she looks old enough at all. She looks like an absolute baby to me.

I think she looks very young indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    How do you know he isn't a repeat offender?

Just because it hasn't been reported doesn't mean he hasn't done it again, and he probably has, IMO.
    We can't possilbly say if no one comes forward. Maybe it was just one time.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Nastassja Kinski was 15 when she began a relationship with Roman Polanski. Or, he began one with her.
    He was 28 years older than Natassja.

It's not 13, but it is young.

Last edited by endsleigh03; 04-17-2008 at 05:12 AM.

Really? I thought she was older than that.

endsleigh03 Guest
    It caused quite a stink at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nastassja_Kinski

endsleigh03 Guest
    There is some confusion about her birth date, they maybe lied to the Anerican authorities. Either way she was still awfully young, and the wiki article says she felt exploited with the nudity, etc.

RaRaRamona Guest
    We can't possilbly say if no one comes forward. Maybe it was just one time.
    ??Their sexual preference is for children. They have a compulsion to molest children,? said Keith F. Durkin, a criminologist at Ohio Northern University (search) and an expert in the study of pedophilia. ??Many, if not all, will molest children until the day they die. They??re dangerous and they??re going to reoffend.?

But there aren??t accurate numbers about the rate of recidivism among child molesters, since many of their repeat offenses go unreported.

Not only are they almost certain to continue sexually abusing children, but some eventually kill their young victims ?? more often than not for the purpose of keeping them quiet."

NOVSTORM Guest
    I just watched the bio ROman wanted and desired on hbo
    The prosecuting attorney and his defense attorney and half of the other legal offices are in that thing.
    The parents and the girl did not want ROman to go to jail. They told the DA and the judge this . The judge changed what he was going to sentance him to about 50 times.He was getting shit at the country club because they want to know if he was going to let RP walk. He told the Da and the defense to make a phony closing argument because he wanted to send RP to jail for a 90 day assment to see if he was a pedophile and if he was going to do it again and then he was deporting him .
    Then he lets RP go to finish a movie but the movie was in paris, and when RP was there he thru afit and a bigger fit when he saw him going out to dinner with all these famous people duuuhhh. SO RP comes back and they sit his ass in jail for 40 days
    and 3 shrinks say he is not a pedophile and in France and germany atthat time it was not illegalto have sex with aminor and RP was truly sorry that he did this.
    So back to court again he tells the attorneys he isnt sure what he will do buthe thinkls he will send him up for 20 years. That he is not accepting the plea bargin and not accepting what the parents or the girl want.
    He asked a reporter for cripes sake what he should do with RP. The reporter says he wants no part of it.
    To make a long story short that is why RP left the country. After allis said and done the judge is disbarred and taken off the bench for his bullshit.
    He was pissed becuse 3 state appinted shrinks said that he was not a pedophile and would noit offend again. It was also said that RP was not the only one who had sex with her and the Prosecutors wanted the mother chraged for something too as they felt she sent her kid to the lions den to make money on the kid. They felt she set her child up in some manner because no adult send a 13 yr old kid off to take picures to Jack Nicholcons house or any other bacherlors house without a parent there.
    The other reasons were that the way the mother found out what happened according to her is that her daughter was telling her friends about it. Although the kid said she doesn't remember it because of the champagne and the drugs.
    In essence I guess if it had not become such public news they may not have prosecuted him for having sex with a minor,. He was never convicted of rape .
    I know he was stupid and wrong for doing this but I cannot believe what theser attorneys were saying! These guys from both sides refused to follow orders and the judge threatened them and both sides told RP what the judge was going to do, so he siad "I will see you guys later" and left the states.
    He nevr has reoffended that we know of, so maybe those shrinks were right?

I know he had sex with a minor and that is bad, but I cannot help but think that after Sharon was killed it really fucked him up.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

tarsier Guest
    He was caught only once having a sibling who has spent nearly my entire life in jail when folks who do this stuff aren;t caught they are waiting to be caught. The guy is scum and I never liked his films anyway.

Ugh, I can't even believe Sharon Tate met a guy like him...especially after what he has become.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

from what Ive read...he didnt treat Sharon Tate much better. He cheated on her even when she was pregnant and also wanted her to have an abortion. He got his wish on that as it ends up. He has a terrible character and morals. I dont see what women find attrative about him.

This friend of his in NYC went to visit he and his wife and showed me all these pictures that he took during his time in their home. He was thrilled that the wife went around toppless most of the time. I saw all those pictures and wanted to puke. She was a beautiful woman but it was sooooo creepy.....WTF?