Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roman Polanski

octobersky Guest
    I have never read that Roman wanted her to have an abortion? Can this be backed up... anyone?

burgtwngrl Guest
    I watched a bio on Sharon Tate on Biography. It was in that Bio that is was said Roman was not happy Sharon was pregnant and suggested an abortion. She wanted a baby and he was adamently against it EVER happening.

Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    I'm a fan of Polanski's Work before the rape. I'm not a fan of his personally. He was a jerk to Sharon he didn't want that baby; he wanted her to get rid of it. He raped that girl pure and simple and he's no better then the pedophiles in prison. He's a coward for running away. What even makes me more Irrate is the actors that completely put aside what he did and travel to France to work with him! Yet we crucify Michael Jackson and he's never been convicted of anything! (I'm not defending Wacko Jacko I think he's a slimball also) but the point is why are they turning a blind eye to Polanski but shun Jackson and Gary Glitter etc... They are all equally slimballs and should all be treated the same. If I were an actor and Polanski wanted me to be in his movie I would decline I couldn't live with myself being a mother and knowing what he was convicted of in this country. He's a coward. He needs to face the music.
    Great post! I competely agree!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

I can't say I know much about Roman or the whole pedophile story. Can someone enlighten me on why the US didn't extridite?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

burgtwngrl Guest
    In a treaty with France, France reserves the right to not extradite it's own citizens. Polanski is a French Citizen. Polanski is Very careful not to do to any country that will extridite to the US. The US tried but France denied the extradition. I wonder how many little girls he molested in France over the years.

I would love him to slip up once and go to London for a weekend and then he'd be shipped back to face the music.

So, basically, he's in France, but if he leaves, whammo! We could get him?

burgtwngrl Guest
    He can travel to Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic also...

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Thanks KC - sounds like a good one. Fantastic cast. I will definitely go and see this one.

LadyDay Guest
    It's about time more was said about Elvis Presley's prediliction for under age girls.

OK, he did not have full sex with Priscilla until they were married (and I do believe that) but they did everything else.

Plus he used to have three 14 year olds up in his bedroom kissing and cuddling.

But no, Elvis is voted artist of the century. Makes me sick.

John Connor Guest
    Elvis totally fucked Priscilla when she was 14 and she masterminded the whole thing. I don't think he was smart enough. He never touched her again after she got knocked up thoough.
    Where Elvis came from 14 wasn't that young.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    That is very true - I don't get why we all live on one planet, yet have different laws for different countries - Dumbass laws
    We need consistency.

LadyDay Guest
    Elvis totally fucked Priscilla when she was 14 and she masterminded the whole thing. I don't think he was smart enough. He never touched her again after she got knocked up thoough.
    I've got to disagree with you there. Elvis was not that into penetrative sex because he'd been getting by on foreplay for years - he was terrified of getting a girlfriend pregnant. He got by on foreplay for so long that he eventually preferred it to consumation.

I do believe Priscilla when she said full sex didin't happen until they were married. Many girlfriends came forward and confirmed that he wasn't that interested in penetration.

And if 14 wasn't a big deal because of his background, then surely the same can be said for Polanski? Not that I agree with it.

Elvis took great steps to ensure the press didn't find out Prisicilla had been living with him since the age of 16. So whether it was no big deal or not is not the point - he knew what he was doing was illegal.

And he wasn't as stupid as you say - to say that a 14 year old girl got the better of him mentally is a huge insult to the man - he was a fool in many ways but he wasn't that dumb.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I don't think the Elvis/Priscilla union when she was so young was right no matter how far they got. For one thing it sounds to me the subject needs to be put in another thread since the thread is about Roman Polanski. Second and lastly Sex with a minor is never ok... no matter who it is.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Wow KC--The Ghost sounds excellent! I hadn't heard of it so thanks for the info!
    I'm so glad Roman's still making movies...I love virtually every film he's ever made...I have them all in my collection.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I read where the judge dismissed the claim to take another look at Roman's case. But He'll give him another chance if he returns to the US.

I think it's time Roman return and puts this matter to rest.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    I read where the judge dismissed the claim to take another look at Roman's case. But He'll give him another chance if he returns to the US.

I think it's time Roman return and puts this matter to rest.
    True, it has gone on for far too long.

Giada Guest
    Unless Roman receives a written guarantee he won't be imprisoned I doubt it likely he'll return. He continues to claim he will never return to the US.

What is his intent ... to clear his name? He has a good reputation as a filmmaker but not as a person.

I question whether LA, CA will offer him a welcome home. I don't see or hear of any in the industry speaking favorably of him.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Unless Roman receives a written guarantee he won't be imprisoned I doubt it likely he'll return. He continues to claim he will never return to the US.

What is his intent ... to clear his name? He has a good reputation as a filmmaker but not as a person.

I question whether LA, CA will offer him a welcome home. I don't see or hear of any in the industry speaking favorably of him.
    I doubt he gives a shit about what Hollywood thinks of him since he is one of the few auteurs left in the world of film. I hope that tramp gets all the bad karma coming to her.

MoonRabbit Guest

When a friend of mine found out Roman Polanski sodomized this child her words were:

...that little wienie!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDay View Post
    It's about time more was said about Elvis Presley's prediliction for under age girls.

OK, he did not have full sex with Priscilla until they were married (and I do believe that) but they did everything else.

Plus he used to have three 14 year olds up in his bedroom kissing and cuddling.

But no, Elvis is voted artist of the century. Makes me sick.
    Elvis is NO WAY like this sicko! Don't dare put Elvis in the same light as Roman who raped a child! Elvis didn't have sex with Priscilla til they were married and they did play role play games but sex wasn't really for Elvis. And also if you want to put Elvis in the same light as Roman, you should add Jerry Lee Lewis too! He married his 13 year old cousin! Sorry but this really made me mad! Elvis isn't a sicko and nor was he into little girls! He fell for Priscllia and he knew what age she was, but he was careful. Roman wasn't/.

I kind of feel sorry for Roman because of the obvious, but that's no excuse to harm another person, especially a child. I think the judge in the case was trying to make an example out of him and instead of taking his (likely harsh) punishment, he fled. What he did wasn't right and he should pay for it, but even the victim said she has no problem with the case being dropped. Personally, I think he should bite the bullet and own up to his pervy-ness and be done with it.

As for him wanting Sharon to get an abortion, Sharon knew he didn't want children (something about not wanting to bring them into such a cruel world), but got pregnant anyway. She waited until the last possible moment to tell him she was pregnant so he couldn't make her abort it and no, he wasn't thrilled. He supposedly warmed to the idea once she got further along, but he didn't keep his tally wacker in his pants. He NEVER did that and he even told Sharon marriage wouldn't change him and that he wanted a hippy housewife or some crap. She married him anyway so, I think this is a case of "he'll change once we're married". If she had lived, I highly doubt they would've remained married because at some point, logic would've entered her pretty little head.

Personally, I think Roman was a selfish ass back in the day and was just thrilled to bits that he was famous enough to get laid by almost any woman who would have him and wasn't about to give that up. Like any cheater, it has nothing to do with the other person not being good enough, etc and everything to do with the cheater can't reconcile within themselves. He was lucky to have Sharon and ended up having her ripped from him. I'll bet good money that he was a guilty mofo after she died, but again, doesn't excuse his post-murder behavior.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

John Connor Guest
    Supposedly he met Sharon Tate when he saw her on the street. He rolled down the car window and yelled "Hey lady, you got a fuckin' beautiful arse".
    Who wouldn't swoon?

Supposedly he met Sharon Tate when he saw her on the street. He rolled down the car window and yelled "Hey lady, you got a fuckin' beautiful arse".
    Who wouldn't swoon?
    Yeah, but he said it with that cute Polish accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    Elvis is NO WAY like this sicko! Don't dare put Elvis in the same light as Roman who raped a child! Elvis didn't have sex with Priscilla til they were married and they did play role play games but sex wasn't really for Elvis. And also if you want to put Elvis in the same light as Roman, you should add Jerry Lee Lewis too! He married his 13 year old cousin! Sorry but this really made me mad! Elvis isn't a sicko and nor was he into little girls! He fell for Priscllia and he knew what age she was, but he was careful. Roman wasn't/.

Well said!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Well said!!!!
    Glad someone esle agrees with me! And also Elvis was voted artist of the century because he was an amazing singer and a great artist. Simple as that! Maybe whoever wrote that crap about Elvis should read up on Elvis and Priscilla's life together rather then talk crap!

John Connor Guest
    I will start with ...I like you and enjoy what you say. That being said it is one thing to love a celebrity but to give them sanctity is another. I do not believe for one minute that Elvis did not have sex with Priscilla. Think about it. Living in the same house. She's no dummy, she knew what she was getting. She made Elvis' paltry estate into the mega-million thing it is today. Elvis left Lisa one million dollars. Now she's worth 20X that. I digress.
    Even if they didn't have sex til after marriage alot of people might find it odd to pick up a tenny bopper and put her on hold til she's legal. It's a bit odd. Some might say pervy.
    As far as Jerry Lee goes. It's cool. We're country ya'll.

Jerry Lee and Myra Gale

Priscilla

Priscilla and Elvis (gorgeous)

Whatever

I will start with ...I like you and enjoy what you say. That being said it is one thing to love a celebrity but to give them sanctity is another. I do not believe for one minute that Elvis did not have sex with Priscilla. Think about it. Living in the same house. She's no dummy, she knew what she was getting. She made Elvis' paltry estate into the mega-million thing it is today. Elvis left Lisa one million dollars. Now she's worth 20X that. I digress.
    Even if they didn't have sex til after marriage alot of people might find it odd to pick up a tenny bopper and put her on hold til she's legal. It's a bit odd. Some might say pervy.
    As far as Jerry Lee goes. It's cool. We're country ya'll.

Jerry Lee and Myra Gale

Priscilla

Priscilla and Elvis (gorgeous)

Whatever
    What LadyDay posted wasn't right. Sure Elvis and Priscilla lived together for years and it's known they played role playing games, she got to understand what turned Elvis on. I know Elvis wanted Priscilla to remain a virgin for their wedding night and then Lisa Marie came along! I love both Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis, both great artist but when someone has the idea of putting Elvis with Roman, it will upset me. Elvis didn't force Priscilla into bed when she was young, he knew that would kill his career. Roman didn't care and had sex or raped this girl. If Elvis had slept with Priscilla when she was 14, my god.....that wouldnt be cool.....but he never did. I guess being an Elvis fan makes me stand up for the guy, who cant speak for himself. In my eyes, Elvis and Priscilla had sex on their wedding night when she was 21....legal age boys and girls!

But maybe my love for Elvis is blinding me.....but to be honest, LadyDay post pissed me off and I stood up for my man!

I am too loyal !

John Connor Guest
    What LadyDay posted wasn't right. Sure Elvis and Priscilla lived together for years and it's known they played role playing games, she got to understand what turned Elvis on. I know Elvis wanted Priscilla to remain a virgin for their wedding night and then Lisa Marie came along! I love both Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis, both great artist but when someone has the idea of putting Elvis with Roman, it will upset me. Elvis didn't force Priscilla into bed when she was young, he knew that would kill his career. Roman didn't care and had sex or raped this girl. If Elvis had slept with Priscilla when she was 14, my god.....that wouldnt be cool.....but he never did. I guess being an Elvis fan makes me stand up for the guy, who cant speak for himself. In my eyes, Elvis and Priscilla had sex on their wedding night when she was 21....legal age boys and girls!

But maybe my love for Elvis is blinding me.....but to be honest, LadyDay post pissed me off and I stood up for my man!

I am too loyal !

I'm like that with Farrah. It's just the beast in me. I'll frickin tear men down like Roger Moore. Yeah, I'm no good.

I don't think Elvis was too interested in boning anyway. Percodan will do that.

I'm like that with Farrah. It's just the beast in me. I'll frickin tear men down like Roger Moore. Yeah, I'm no good.

I don't think Elvis was too interested in boning anyway. Percodan will do that.
    I know Elvis liked foreplay rather then full sex. He had some hangs up over sex and also could never sleep with a woman who had a baby, which Priscilla found out once Lisa Marie came along!

Just rented Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired.

Yes, Polanski is still a scumbag. But the judge on that case should have been disbarred at the very least. He was more of a fame whore than Judge Ito (and that's saying something)

LadyDay Guest

I am too loyal !
    I love Elvis too but what he did with Priscilla was plain wrong. Take note: - he did not have full penetrative sex with Priscilla when she was under-age. But he did everything else that two people in a relationship do - including taking photos of her semi naked and getting her to get it on with another girl for his camera. She admits it. Open your eyes to the man - what he did was illegal, whether you like it or not.

He also encouraged her to take prescription drugs and lie to her parents.

Elvis didn't force her? What part of underage sex do you not understand?

Are we just not speculating ?? The only real people who know what happened are the people there ..? Don't get me wrong what Roman did was sick and wrong and he should of just got on with his sentance when it happened. But then you cannot say Elivs did not have sex with Pricilla but did everything else then thats fine!!! Am i missing the point ??? she was still underage at the end of the day and he was attractive to someone underage ...

Just because a documentary says blah blah blah does not make it real surely people are not that nieve ?
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

LadyDay Guest
    Glad someone esle agrees with me! And also Elvis was voted artist of the century because he was an amazing singer and a great artist. Simple as that! Maybe whoever wrote that crap about Elvis should read up on Elvis and Priscilla's life together rather then talk crap!
    I've been reading about Elvis for 30 years - I've read more books about Elvis than you can imagine. Elvis liked them young - too young. That is a fact. And he got away with it too.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    Has anyone seen the film "Polanski"? It's an indie feature film. I think it was playing exclusively at the Sunset 5 in Los Angeles a few weeks back.
    No but I want to. I hope it comes out on DVD soon

TheMysterian Guest

Swiss Arrest Roman Polanski, Zurich Film Festival Says

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Wow. It only took 31 years. I wonder if he knew this was coming or if it was a total surprise?

TallulahDahling Guest
    Didn't the woman he is accused of raping say in an interview recently that she seduced him?????? Or did I dream it????

tarsier Guest
    [quote=RaRaRamona;229086]??Their sexual preference is for children. They have a compulsion to molest children,? said Keith F. Durkin, a criminologist at Ohio Northern University (search) and an expert in the study of pedophilia. ??Many, if not all, will molest children until the day they die. They??re dangerous and they??re going to reoffend.?

I graduated from ONU and would never use a quote accredited (the school itself is not accreditted in this field) to an instructor their.

First I never cared much for Polanski's work finding it both obvious and arrogant so my low opinion of him as a person stems from a long standing dislike of him as an artist.

Still it cracked me up to see a Northern instructor quoted. Having belonged to their debate team and for the sake of argument I would go after this source.

Giada Guest
    Interesting to see if he'll be extradited. There are some reports that present the arrest as an attempt by the Swiss to use this as a bargaining chip.

Polanski has been safe in Switzerland in the past.

I also found it odd he continually sought to have his name and the case cleared when it would not happen without his return. He's had the safe life in France for 30 years.

lisagr Guest

Polanski arrested

?? Director Roman Polanski was arrested by Swiss police for possible extradition to the United States for having sex in 1977 with a 13-year-old girl, authorities said Sunday.

Polanski was flying in to receive an honorary award at the Zurich Film Festival when he was apprehended Saturday at the airport, the Swiss Justice Ministry said in a statement. It said U.S. authorities have sought the arrest of the 76-year-old around the world since 2005.

"There was a valid arrest request and we knew when he was coming," ministry spokesman Guido Balmer told The Associated Press. "That's why he was taken into custody."

Balmer said the U.S. would now be given time to make a formal extradition request.

Polanski fled the U.S. in 1978, a year after pleading guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with the underage girl.

The director of such classic films as "Chinatown" and "Rosemary's Baby" has asked a U.S. appeals court in California to overturn a judges' refusal to throw out his case. He claims misconduct by the now-deceased judge who had arranged a plea bargain and then reneged on it.

The Swiss statement said Polanski was officially in "provisional detention for extradition," but added that he would not be transferred to U.S. authorities until all proceedings are completed. Polanski can contest his detention and any extradition decision in the Swiss courts, it said.

Polanski has faced a U.S. arrest request since 1978 and has lived for the past three decades in France, where his career has continued to flourish. He received a directing Oscar in absentia for the 2002 movie "The Pianist." He was not extradited from France because his crime reportedly was not covered under the U.S.'s treaties with the country.

In France, Culture Minister Frederic Mitterrand said he was "dumbfounded" by Polanski's arrest, adding that he "strongly regrets that a new ordeal is being inflicted on someone who has already experienced so many of them."

Mitterrand's ministry said Sunday in a statement that he is in contact with French President Nicolas Sarkozy, "who is following the case with great attention and shares the minister's hope that the situation can be quickly resolved."

A native of France who was taken to Poland by his parents, Polanski escaped Krakow's Jewish ghetto as a child and lived off the charity of strangers. His mother died at the Auschwitz Nazi death camp.

He worked his way into filmmaking in Poland, gaining an Oscar nomination for best foreign-language film in 1964 for his "Knife in the Water." Offered entry to Hollywood, he directed the classic "Rosemary's Baby" in 1968.

But his life was shattered again in 1969 when his wife, actress Sharon Tate, and four other people were gruesomely murdered by followers of Charles Manson. She was eight months pregnant.

He went on to make another American classic, "Chinatown," released in 1974.

In 1977, he was accused of raping the teenager while photographing her during a modeling session. The girl said Polanski plied her with champagne and part of a Quaalude pill at Jack Nicholson's house while the actor was away. She said that, despite her protests, he performed oral sex, intercourse and sodomy on her.

Polanski was allowed to plead guilty to one of six charges, unlawful sexual intercourse, and was sent to prison for 42 days of evaluation.

Lawyers agreed that would be his full sentence, but the judge tried to renege on the plea bargain. Aware the judge would sentence him to more prison time and require his voluntary deportation, Polanski fled to France.

The victim, Samantha Geimer, who long ago identified herself publicly, has joined in Polanski's bid for dismissal, saying she wants the case to be over. She sued Polanski and reached an undisclosed settlement.

Festival organizers said Polanski's detention had caused "shock and dismay," but that they would go ahead with Sunday's planned retrospective of the director's work.

The Swiss Directors Association sharply criticized authorities for what it deemed "not only a grotesque farce of justice, but also an immense cultural scandal."

___

Klapper contributed from Geneva.

Katie Guest
    I woke up this morning to find out that Roman has been arrested.

A lot has been said on here about the girl's mom, and how the girl looked so much older, but underage sex is the same, no matter what.

No one can give permission to do such a thing. Nor can it be forgiven, so it can just go away.

I feel for Roman. He has been through so much in his life, but it's time to pay the piper.

Pamebabby Guest
    Am sitting on the fence on this. Part of me feels badly, the other part says he should be held responsible for his actions. He seems to think he is of a different breed of human, that he can do as he wishes and not atone for it. I do understand he had a horrible childhood, but so did millions of others. Doesn't give him the right to fuck around on a pregnant wife, or rape and sodomize a child. At least now, if he comes back, he'll be able to visit Sharon and Pauls' grave. Wonder if he will, or is the past as dead to him as his late wife and son?

Desertrose Guest
    Seriously, didn't he know not to travel to Switzerland?

JacksTiger Guest
    Even though it's been 31 years, he did jump bail and flee the country. If he felt he was 'innocent' he should have stayed and stood trial.
    I have a lot less sympathy for him than I do the teenage 'romeos' who have intercourse with their underage girlfriends, and then end up being arrested and incarcerated. In many of these cases they were in love with the girls and in fact end up marrying them after their sentences are up.
    A lot different than a much older adult having sex with a 13 year old.

desertangel Guest
    Just goes to show, you can only run for so long. Of course, ... well, what an idiot. WHY? Suddenly couldn't sleep at night or what? DORK. Good, now maybe he can try some of those prison schnitzels.... see how he likes 'em.

P.S. My granddaughter is 13, 'nuf said.

John Connor Guest
    What crap.

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    One has to wonder why he went to Switzerland, is he that dumb or not? It's is more than good enough for him. He plied her with Champagne and "ludes" to make her unable to fully fight him off then committed a crime he knew better than too. I hear pedophiles are not at all popular in prison.
    Last edited by Heavenly Tiger; 09-27-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Cadence71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanddodger View Post
    One has to wonder why he went to Switzerland, is he that dumb or not? It's is more than good enough for him. He plied her with Champagne and "ludes" to make her unable to fully fight him off then committed a crime he knew better than too. I hear pedphiles are not at all popular in prison.
    Yeah, I bet someone will "direct" him right up his ol' Polanski. See how he likes it.

Welcome Home!