Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 252

Thread: Bruce Lee

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,530

    Bruce Lee's funeral

    This is a video of Bruce Lee's funeral. WARNING! OPEN CASKET SHOTS INSIDE! DO NOT LOOK IF YOU ARE OFFENDED EASILY!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RmF8...eature=related

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Hey great video!

    I have seen the pics of Bruce in the casket before, but never footage from the funeral.

    I had to turn down the music though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    597
    Very interesting video! My 8 year old son walked in and asked what I was doing...I told him and he went "eeeewwwww! Can I watch?" I told him that it might get gross and he said "Mom, I am half an adult, I think I can watch it." lol. Thankfully, he left pretty quick without seeing anything.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCurry View Post
    Very interesting video! My 8 year old son walked in and asked what I was doing...I told him and he went "eeeewwwww! Can I watch?" I told him that it might get gross and he said "Mom, I am half an adult, I think I can watch it." lol. Thankfully, he left pretty quick without seeing anything.
    Half an adult.

    I like that.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    956
    Fascinating... the first "viewing" has him appearing to be under glass. I remember my mom talking about soldiers coming home under glass like that from Vietnam. Maybe it's some kind of shipping requirement? Or due to the length of time? Anyway, the second viewing (in Seattle?) doesn't seem to have him under glass.

    Thanks for the post.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    I skipped around but it was interesting. Was his wife hated even then?

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    544
    We all miss Bruce Lee. When I first saw him as Kato I was totally awed. I still watch his movies over and over.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    That was really good. Has anyone seen the Bruce Lee story starring Lauren Holly as Linda. I was struck how much the two of them look alike. Did anyone else think so?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    That was really good. Has anyone seen the Bruce Lee story starring Lauren Holly as Linda. I was struck how much the two of them look alike. Did anyone else think so?
    After seeing this video - I'd have to say yes - they did look alike!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Does anyone know why they had his head all around the shroud or whatever it was and that is all you could see?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Does anyone know why they had his head all around the shroud or whatever it was and that is all you could see?
    I believe that is tradition.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,304
    Why would people hate Linda?

    In all my research of Brandon Lee, I've read nothing about people hating her.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Did I get confused? Was it another woman? I thought there were problems with his wife not wanting to share his estate, or films or something. I must have her confused with someone else. Grrr who am I thinking of?

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    I dunno, I think I remember people in his homeland being upset that he married a Caucasion woman though.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    Linda was the love of Bruce Lee's life. They were very happy together. They faced problems in both counties about the mixed marriage, but they were able to move beyond it.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    I just did some reading on her & it definitely NOT her. I sincerely apologize. Now I have to remember who it was - I read a lot about this woman here on the board then did some googling but now I forget.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Linda was the love of Bruce Lee's life. They were very happy together. They faced problems in both counties about the mixed marriage, but they were able to move beyond it.
    Oh, I have no doubt of their love. I was just mentioning that in his homeland people were upset. I am sure they moved past it. I know I would.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I just did some reading on her & it definitely NOT her. I sincerely apologize. Now I have to remember who it was - I read a lot about this woman here on the board then did some googling but now I forget.
    Could it be Buddy Holly's wife? Or Elvis's wife? Both were very protective of the celeb name.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Could it be Buddy Holly's wife? Or Elvis's wife? Both were very protective of the celeb name.
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, it was Maria Elena! Buddy Holly's ex. How did I confuse them??? I think I was also reading about Brandon Lee when I read about BH. Yikes I almost soiled the name of a wonderful woman! Sorry to all.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    I thought so. I don't think you did any harm.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,304
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I dunno, I think I remember people in his homeland being upset that he married a Caucasion woman though.
    I contacted a friend, the web mistress of brandonleemovement.com and she said the people of Hong Kong hated Linda because she was white. Nice, huh? The sad thing is, Linda was so young and naive that she thought they were being kind to her, and that's why she allowed a public funeral. But she soon found out they were just using her. There were all sorts of nasty articles written about Bruce dying in Betty P's apartment.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,304
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, it was Maria Elena! Buddy Holly's ex. How did I confuse them??? I think I was also reading about Brandon Lee when I read about BH. Yikes I almost soiled the name of a wonderful woman! Sorry to all.
    Well, you were right about Linda, confused or not. LOL.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Oh that is sad.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I contacted a friend, the web mistress of brandonleemovement.com and she said the people of Hong Kong hated Linda because she was white. Nice, huh? The sad thing is, Linda was so young and naive that she thought they were being kind to her, and that's why she allowed a public funeral. But she soon found out they were just using her. There were all sorts of nasty articles written about Bruce dying in Betty P's apartment.
    I always heard that about Bruce's homeland hating Linda.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    209
    Thank you for posting that - impressive video. I found it moving.
    Last edited by lostsoul23; 01-12-2008 at 11:47 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    "The greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fall." - Confucius


  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,584
    Thanks for the video,I have never seen it before.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,349
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    We all miss Bruce Lee. When I first saw him as Kato I was totally awed. I still watch his movies over and over.
    Kato rocked...he was WAY cooler than the Green Hornet!



  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Home of the Flaming Koresh
    Posts
    1,662
    I think that it is sad that his kids had to grow up without him. Shannon & Brandon both seem like good people to me. What did Bruce Lee die of exactly anyway?? Was he murdered, accidental, an overdose or was it something else?
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?


    Hag O' Death

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,895
    The video was very interesting. To see little Brandon kind of tore at my heart strings. I would like to see the movie of Bruce and his wife. I had no idea of the hatred.
    Scott Michaels knows more about death than Dexter.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    I think that it is sad that his kids had to grow up without him. Shannon & Brandon both seem like good people to me. What did Bruce Lee die of exactly anyway?? Was he murdered, accidental, an overdose or was it something else?
    Lots of rumors about Bruce's death out there. The triads murdered him because he was teaching Eastern martial arts to Western students. A Hong Kong director, Raymond Chow, offed Bruce because he refused to make movies for him anymore and was fixing to move back the US. The butler did it. His herbalist poisoned him. Betty P did it (he died in her apartment).

    The truth is, he died of brain edema, which may or may not have been caused by the super asperin Betty P gave him when he complained of a headache. But most likely, it was caused by his habit of eating hash laced cookies or brownies. There was something in hash and pot that his body could not tolerate, and he had been told to never consume these drugs again some three months before his death. That was in May, when he collapsed at the studio while dubbing Enter the Dragon. He almost died that day in May. He did not follow doctor's orders and had another reaction July 20, 1973, and he did die that day. Had he been rushed to the ER sooner he might have lived, but Betty dithered around and finally called Raymond chow who dithered some more before finally calling for help. They were more concerned about the ramifications if it got out that Bruce had taken ill in Betty's apartment more than getting him to a hospital. Them's the facts.
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-15-2008 at 04:22 AM.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    29

    prejudice

    Many Chinese believe they are superior to the white people. Chinese Americans I worked with in Seattle for over twenty years would bad mouth their white co-workers behind their backs simply for being white and referred to us as round eyes. Bigots come in all shapes,sizes and colors of the rainbow.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Many Chinese believe they are superior to the white people. Chinese Americans I worked with in Seattle for over twenty years would bad mouth their white co-workers behind their backs simply for being white and referred to us as round eyes. Bigots come in all shapes,sizes and colors of the rainbow.
    And here I had always heard that Bruce had white blood in him through his mother....

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,570
    Great video I'd never seen before.

    Thanks!
    .

    "Men with two wives don't have opinions. They just smile and nod a lot." Abe Vigoda

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    milwaukee
    Posts
    742
    i love bruce lee. i named my second son brandon lee.

    who the hell is betty p?

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyhollylover View Post
    i love bruce lee. i named my second son brandon lee.

    who the hell is betty p?
    If I am not mistaken, Betty Pang (I think) was the woman who's apartment that Bruce was at when he fell ill after taking the medication for a headache.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    595
    Thanks! I've not seen that footage before. You may have already seen this but I just found this pic of Bruce in the morgue. It's quite graphic so don't click if you're squeamish

    http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/l...lee/morgue.jpg

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    hermitville, USA
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Many Chinese believe they are superior to the white people. Chinese Americans I worked with in Seattle for over twenty years would bad mouth their white co-workers behind their backs simply for being white and referred to us as round eyes. Bigots come in all shapes,sizes and colors of the rainbow.
    Yup. One of my closest friends is Hispanic and is living with her Chinese boyfriend. His parents told him it would've been better if her ex-husband had died and she was a widow. She's never met them and probably won't anytime soon.

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Many Chinese believe they are superior to the white people. Chinese Americans I worked with in Seattle for over twenty years would bad mouth their white co-workers behind their backs simply for being white and referred to us as round eyes. Bigots come in all shapes,sizes and colors of the rainbow.

    I had a Chinese boyfriend once and he thought he was better than everybody. Now I don't know if that was because he was Chinese or just the fact he had loads of money which made him arrogant. His brother and sister were the same too but his mum was lovely.

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,024
    Thanks for the video.
    ive read that during the trip from Hong Kong to Seattle the coffin was damaged and according to chinesse beliefs that means that his soul was disturbed. Then it was said that the Chinese people have the superstition that the word DEATH cannot be mentioned in books or movies, and by that time Bruce was planning to continue filming Game of Death.
    i think thats all bullshit,but who knows....

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,304
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    And here I had always heard that Bruce had white blood in him through his mother....
    He did! His mother, Grace, was half German.

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,304
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyhollylover View Post
    i love bruce lee. i named my second son brandon lee.

    who the hell is betty p?
    It's Betty Ting Pei, a hong kong actress who was offered a part in Game of Death. Bruce died in her apartment, where he had gone to discuss the part.

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    679

    Thumbs up Cool thanks for that

    Never seen that footage before, little Brandon looks so cute, its such a shame about what happened to him.....

    One thing, Bruce didnt look like Bruce in the coffin if you know what I mean.....

    Cool clip, I've saved that to my favourites, cheers.

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,259
    The music was very haunting (and loud). It looked like a beautiful ceremony...
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    I too dated a fellow that was Chinese and we went to China Town in San Francisco for dinner and the waiter kept slamming my plates in front of me lol Finally my friend went to the head honcho and spoke to him in chinese (Ididn't understand a word) but all of a sudden we had another waiter. Later on he told me that it was because he was with a white woman that this other waiter was acting that way. Damn coming from New Orleans I finally was on the other end of discrimination and it wasn't pretty.

  45. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I too dated a fellow that was Chinese and we went to China Town in San Francisco for dinner and the waiter kept slamming my plates in front of me lol Finally my friend went to the head honcho and spoke to him in chinese (Ididn't understand a word) but all of a sudden we had another waiter. Later on he told me that it was because he was with a white woman that this other waiter was acting that way. Damn coming from New Orleans I finally was on the other end of discrimination and it wasn't pretty.
    How crappy!

    I dated a guy who was half Japanese and half Caucasion once, but he looked more Asian than Caucasion. Anyway, I never had much problems with it, but we never ate in any Asian resturants either!!!

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St.Louis Missouri
    Posts
    280
    My Godfather was Chinese and he raise me and i'm black,He taught me martial arts and about life in general.He taught me to be respectful to people,his family took me in when they didn't have to.I worked in his restaurant as a teen and went to Hong Kong with him when i was 18 years old.I have nothing but love for the Chinese people,I have met a few a$$holes in that race but what race does'nt have its share of a$$holes.My wife is Japanese and at first her family didn't like me at all,Not because i was Black,I was screwing their daughter and we were living out of wedlock.Now we are all one big happy family.

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St.Louis Missouri
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    I had a Chinese boyfriend once and he thought he was better than everybody. Now I don't know if that was because he was Chinese or just the fact he had loads of money which made him arrogant. His brother and sister were the same too but his mum was lovely.
    believe me it was because he came from money.

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    261
    I'm Caucasian and married to an Asian man. His family is more than welcoming of me, and his siblings are all married to Caucasians as well. His family is quite well-off, but they definitely don't have an attitute about it. In fact, they are very generous with their friends and family.

    The only place we've experience racism is against him in some of the better restaurants in our city.

  49. #49
    Guest Guest

    Bruce Lee

    Couldn't find any threads for him, closest was for his funeral. So I'm starting one. Any fans out here?? I became a fan of Brandon through Bruce.








  50. #50
    Guest Guest







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •