Thread: Philip Gale - Former scientologist suicide

Philip Gale - Former scientologist suicide

Philip Chandler Gale (1978, Los Angeles, California â?? March 13, 1998, Cambridge, Massachusetts) was a pioneering internet software developer and computer prodigy, and avid musician, born and raised a Scientologist but rejected that upbringing and turned to the Church of the SubGenius. Gale earned roughly a million dollars worth of stock options for his innovative internet service provider (ISP) programs at EarthLink, a firm established and financed by members of the Church of Scientology.
    Gale chose Friday, the thirteenth of March (L. Ron Hubbard's birthday) as the day he wanted to commit suicide, falling to his death from a classroom window on the fifteenth floor of a building on the Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus.[1] Several years earlier, he had left Scientology after deciding it was not for him, becoming enamored of the postmodern parody religion Church of the SubGenius

Philip Galehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Gale

PvN73 Guest
    That is really sad about his suicide. I would hate to feel like that....

In part, Gale's suicide note explained his motives: "Presumably I have jumped from a tall building. . . I am not crazy, albeit driven to suicide. It is not about any single event, or person. It is about stubborn sadness, and a detached view of the world. I see my life -- so much dreary, mundane, wasted time wishing upon unattainable goals -- and I feel little attachment to the future. But it is not so bad, relatively. I exxagggerate. In the end, it is that I am unwilling (sick of living) to live in mediocrity. And this is what I have chosen to do about it. . . take care world, Philip."

unaddressed depression, however worded, has the very real probability of a suicide outcome. if you experience depression, get help asap!
    pull the string!

Amazing how many super intelligent people choose to just walk away from it all.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

yes, well I do understand. Not that I am a genius (IQ 155 in 8th grade) but I am sensitive and do question things. It is difficult to live in this world unless you tend to be numb, dont you think?
    This suicide made me sad...they are all sad, but this one got me.

cherryghost Guest
    I think it needs to be totally dismantled to help save the people in it. Its not run like a religion. Its more lie a cult......It is run by fear.
    David Graham former church member, Sydney Morning Herald ,

cherryghost Guest
    This church is tax is tax exempt ? if one tries to leave the scientology church one is threatened and and put through an act know as "disconnection" David Graham has just come out and said that, he is a former high ranking member who wants the religion to be " totally dismantled" because of human rights abuse he says it inflicts on its followers!

I have more info If you want me to submit but also its in the Sydney Morning Herald and Saturday herald April 11/12

Lita Guest
    I hate that $cientology is considered a religion. They don't worship a higher being. They just think we were made by aliens and that the "head" alien is going to destroy the world or some crazy crap like that. That's not religion. It's insanity! Members of $cientology, as we've discussed in other threads, have to give all of their money to this cult. If they don't, well there are a lot of stories of mysterious deaths, and "suicides". The one that really gets me is the guy who jumped or was pushed off the roof of a building. He was clutching his last $100 and it had been said that he didn't want to give it up to $cientology.