Thread: Beatrice Straight

Beatrice Straight

She was the red headed parapsycologist in Poltergeist. She had quite the career..does anyone know anything else about her?
    Also...is Zelda Rubinstein still working? She was the "step into the light...Carol Ann" psychic in the movie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Around Halloween they show all these shows about haunted places, and Zelda narrates them. I don't know how long ago they were done, but she's got the voice for it.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Good post. I remember her in Poltergeist...I thought she was very pretty.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Bea was in The Addams Family series in the 60's Thats where I remember her from the most. Then there was Wonder Woman she played diana Princes Mother.

Zelda Rubenstein 'The mystical Munchkin" was so awesome in that movie. Is she still alive?

Zelda Rubenstein is apparently still alive and her last film credit is from 2006 in the Robert Eglund film BEHIND THE MASK. I'm happy to hear it! RIP Beatrice
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    She was the red headed parapsycologist in Poltergeist. She had quite the career..does anyone know anything else about her?
    Also...is Zelda Rubinstein still working? She was the "step into the light...Carol Ann" psychic in the movie.
    She won an Academy Award for her performance in "Network".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s9wUtrqIPo

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    She was great in Network, but it was still Jodie Foster's teen hooker Iris in Taxi Driver who I remember best in that category. Lines like "when the cigarette burns out, times up" and "how do you want to make it--do you want to make it like this" and when her pimp played by a young and unknown Harvey Keitel refers to her to Robert de Niro as "a little piece of chicken" you know you're watching an all-time classic.

Beatrice Straight was cousins with Glorida Vanderbilt. Network director Sidney Lumet had been married to Vanderbilt and thought of casting Straight in Network because he knew her through Vanderbilt and thought she'd be right for the role. I guess she was, she won an Oscar for like a 10 minutes scene!

crazedfemale Guest
    Remember her in the movie "The Promise", where she pays for Kathleen Quinlan's care (after a horrible accident) as long as she never sees her son again, because she thought Kathleen Quinlan's character wasn't good enough for her son. Great movie!

The Lucky One Guest
    I loved this woman! She is Anderson Cooper's cousin you know! She reminds me alot of a good friend of mine who passed away several years ago. Every time I watch Poltergeist, I think of Mary.

gemini33 Guest
    I recently watched Poltergeist again and I'm the type of person when something catches my eyes, I can't quit staring at it... well, I noticed her badly stained bottom teeth. Every time she would talk, my eyes would wonder down no matter how hard I would try to stop myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    She won an Academy Award for her performance in "Network".
    She was on screen for five minutes and forty seconds, the shortest time ever for the winner of the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.