Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida Death Hags

guyinpto Guest

Florida Death Hags

I wish I was closer to Los Angeles. There are no cool people buried in Florida.
    Rats..

Cataroo Guest
    I'm here in Pensacola. No one famous buried here (that I know of), but this IS where Ted Bundy was arrested!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    I am! I am! No good graveyards here tho

Spencemom Guest
    I live in Florida also. Key West has a fun ghost tour & a cool cemetary. One of the graves says "I told you I was sick". There is lots of history there-pirates, Hemingway House, haunted B&B's.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Tampa here.....some good cemerteries....but not too many famous decedants.

katspjs Guest
    South Florida.....about 20 minutes from the Hard Rock Hotel where ANS bid this world adieu..

I have a house in jacksonville I rent out. A lot of creepy cemetaries in Saint Augustine.

djdeath-hag Guest

Florida Death Hags

I'm just wondering if there are enough of us down here (in God's Waiting Room) who would be interested in a DH gathering? Speak up....I know that there are at least 3 or 4 of us here.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Sure, I'm up for it.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I KNOW that you & I are not alone down here, FDH......anyone else wanna come out of hiding & express interest in a get together????? C'mon we KNOW that you are out there. How could a state that is defined by it's attraction to circling the drain not have more death hags????? Speak up........before it is too late! Here in GWR-God's Waiting Room, we all are constantly faced with our mortality!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I KNOW that you & I are not alone down here, FDH......anyone else wanna come out of hiding & express interest in a get together????? C'mon we KNOW that you are out there. How could a state that is defined by it's attraction to circling the drain not have more death hags????? Speak up........before it is too late! Here in GWR-God's Waiting Room, we all are constantly faced with our mortality!
    And it's not just the retirees who are in God's waiting room. With all the serial killers and crazy drivers, your death can come at any time in Florida. And crazy homeless people will kill you for no reason, too, so you're not really safe anywhere or anytime. It's really Escape from New York in most of Florida so we need to stick together!

endsleigh03 Guest
    LoL @ GWR, D.J.
    Yesterday I was at Publix getting ready to leave the parking lot, I stopped for a minute and just looked around, it was seniors everywhere. Local seniors, tourists seniors, people on the fast track to BEING seniors...
    It depressed me, some, even tho I like old people.

Anyway, I am down here in Fort Myers, I know there are other Florida hags I have seen. Hopefully they will pipe up regarding a possible future meet

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    LoL @ GWR, D.J.
    Yesterday I was at Publix getting ready to leave the parking lot, I stopped for a minute and just looked around, it was seniors everywhere. Local seniors, tourists seniors, people on the fast track to BEING seniors...
    It depressed me, some, even tho I like old people.

Anyway, I am down here in Fort Myers, I know there are other Florida hags I have seen. Hopefully they will pipe up regarding a possible future meet
    Did you happen to catch Barbara Walters special last night about living to be 150? Can you imagine how FL will become???? God help us all! I've never counted on 100 years, much less 150! Hopefully more FL death hags will come out of the woodwork. I'd like to make some sort of long-term plan for a gathering.....towards the end of hurricane season.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I'll buy the first round! Come on, I know there are tons of Florida people. I'm thinking of some death hag activities. Bundy's murders are too far away from where most people likely live, but Aileen Wuernos dumped bodies all over, I'm sure we can find some spot, or I can point out sites where most of Monster was filmed if we're near Sanford or Orlando. We can go to Fun World where the real Aileen hung out and where the movie was filmed. We can stand in front of the one ride and quote the movie where she's talking in the voice over about how hard it is to be a hooker and then crack up at how dumb those lines were.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Miami present and accounted for..........sure, I`d be willing......I can`t think of anything I`d rather do........how scattered are we.........we all know I`m as far South as it gets, but I`m only 4 hours away from Mr.dj death........any suggestions on where, if this pans out ???

endsleigh03 Guest
    Just 4 chimed in?
    I had thought there were more...hmmmm.
    Bump this up again, maybe somebody else will ring in.

ozzysmom Guest
    I up for it, I live over in Dunedin....Just north of Clearwater in case ya'll don't know where Dunedin is. :-)

djdeath-hag Guest
    I recall that there is another hag or two within an hour or so of Tampa...as well as at least one in the far reaches of the panhandle....like in or around Pensacola. Let's keep this idea going & hope that several others will show interests in a lil get-together.

ozzysmom Guest
    Ya know, there are alot of really old cemetaries in northern FL. My grandmother is buried in one. Whenever I go a visit her grave I usually spend more time walking around looking at other graves then I do at hers. Although, I do have many old old family members buried in that cemetary.

If there are alot of people here in fl, but spread out, we could have hags in the southern part of fl take some pics of the great cemetaries down there, those of us who live in central fl can concentrate on central cemetaries, and north fl could do the same. And then have a centralized meeting.....Just a thought

ozzysmom Guest
    St. Augustine has a GREAT cemetary....very very very old...

squirellygirl Guest
    I'm in FL! I don't post a lot but I do read

I have always wanted to find LargeMarge's grave in Jax.

Belle Guest
    Are all you people Frappr'd and inviting the Floridians who are on there?

Findadeath Frappr

djdeath-hag Guest
    Thanks for the reminder, Belle. I hope that all of us FL hags have taken the time to add ourselves to the DH frapper map.

Its odd, since the only one of my family tree who is from a generation above mine (and none of my sibs were born in FL) is my mother. Here's the kinda cool part, her parents moved to FL soon after they were married along with mom's grandparents, & great grandmother. Imagine, three generations of folks moving from R.I. to central FL in the 1920's, before air conditioning! I find it amusing, in the respectful death-hag way that we have 4 generations of ancestors buried here in FL.

Getting back to planning a get together, I'd like to suggest that we continue to wait & see how many other FL hags are interested in a meet & greet...and proceed from there.

Belle Guest
    Getting back to planning a get together, I'd like to suggest that we continue to wait & see how many other FL hags are interested in a meet & greet...and proceed from there
    Well, DJ, if you make it interesting enough, you might get takers from as far away as Milwaukee. Some pretty darn hot people are from that area. And then the types like me, also

You ARE in Florida. Your reunion would get a lot more takers than one here

OH, and you are welcome for my crashing your thread

poppie Guest
    I am about an hour North of Tampa, almost on the Gulf. Would love to meet up with you all.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    St. Augustine has a GREAT cemetary....very very very old...
    Saw that, but didn't get to enjoy it much due to putz of BF at the time.
    He was def not a death hag.

Happy Squid Guest

Any Florida/Miami Hags out there?

I'm going to be at South Beach next week for two days, and would appreciate any advice on any good Cuban or non mainstream restaurants in that area. The hotel I'll be at has an Emeril restaurant, but I want to avoid the trendy crap. I realize this might be hard to do, given the location. I don't know Miami, and don't know if there is any ethnic neighborhoods close by(my favorite places to explore).

I would kindly appreciate any and all help.

tommyjox Guest
    Let me ask around, I avoid South Beach too congested and $$$$$.

Will you have a car or are you at the mercy of a cab?

Happy Squid Guest
    Cab only. It's a business trip for my wife, I'm only going because it's a 4 star hotel(free for us), and I've dealt with over 8 ft of snow this winter, I need some beach action. She'll be in meetings all day, and I'll have nothing but free time. I don't mind spending a small amount of cash, but I want to support local business. I'm also a good food junkie. I know that Florida has stellar seafood and Cuban food. I want some of that action.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I haven't been to South Beach in almost 11 years, but I had to live there for 6 months once (right before Versace died, I went by his mansion like every day through the middle of June, 1997!!) but my recollection is, you're not going to find any authentic Cuban anywhere near or on South Beach. Almost every place will have great seafood, though, that will be fresh and sushi was very good and popular. It's going to be a total rip-off on price, but the food will be good.

Happy Squid Guest
    Fair enough, and thanks for the info.

I'm guessing my chance of scoring some smokable is less than zero. That's ok too

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I recall the places right on Collins have pretty views, but it's a lot of crap like Emeril and you're paying to be on Collins and be seen on Collins. The restaurants a block or two back are smaller and the food is better, but I don't recall any Cuban. There was a Thai place, Thai Tony's, it was certainly popular, but the food was really good if you like Thai food. The best sushi was Sushi Rock, it is a trendy place, but the sushi was the best I've ever had. Again, it's been 11 years, I'm not sure these places are still there, but have fun and check out the Versace mansion, you can't miss it, it's right on Collins a little north of most of the hotels.

tommyjox Guest
    Yep, South Beach itself is more for the "Buffies and Jodies".....Sushi and such. There are assorted foreign foods resturaunts on Washington and Lincoln road, maybe within walking distance of your hotel.

You can always take a cab over to Bayside, (downtown Miami).
    There is a food court, but thats like any mall food court.

If you really want a "Mom and Pop" Cuban eatery, you would be best going to Little Havana. Also just ask a cab driver where a good place is.

I go into work Saturday at Midnight, I'll ask around.
    I live way down south and no longer venture "uptown".

Sounds like a nice deal for you and the wife though!

tommyjox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Squid View Post
    Fair enough, and thanks for the info.

I'm guessing my chance of scoring some smokable is less than zero. That's ok too
    Just look like a tourist.......it will find you!

Happy Squid Guest
    I'm staying at Loews on Collins Ave. I'll be there at noon on the 24-26 (Thurs-Sat). If anybody wants to show up for mojitos, just message me

tommyjox Guest
    I'm staying at Loews on Collins Ave. I'll be there at noon on the 24-26 (Thurs-Sat). If anybody wants to show up for mojitos, just message me

Ahhhhh speaking of mojitos, go to the Bacardi web page they have a demonstration and recomendation of bars in South Beach that blend this particular medication!

tommyjox Guest

Happy Squid Guest
    Thanks.

You in ? I'm buying..

tommyjox Guest
    Thanks.

You in ? I'm buying..
    Let me see what kinda magic I can work with my schedule and the better half and I'll get back to you!.

Happy Squid Guest
    Ok, and bring the better half. It's all good.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Damn, damn, damn!!!! Living more than a 4 hour drive from Miami, looks like getting to connect with another fine cheesehead death-hag is nil. (Btw: since you're still new here, my partner is a recent immigrant to Tampa from MKE, he doesn't miss the winters at all, except maybe just a little bit, during our 7th month of summer. We'd hook you up with good Tampa cigars to go with Mojitos. (Its a good combo....I credit this combo for keeping the majority population of Cuba tolerant through 40+ yrs. of communist oppression.)

MorbidMolly Guest

Florida Death Hags

Be careful kids.......hubby is on red alert for the storm headed our way........lovely little Fay.......from Tampa on they will be posting warnings.........be safe...

I♥TinyTim Guest
    I'll be praying for you! I'm hoping all we get is a tropical storm and nothing more. (I at least hope class is cancelled... heeheehee)!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Been watching the last couple days. I hope she doesn't strengthen much.

Going outside soon to move all the things that could fly....

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Been watching the last couple days. I hope she doesn't strengthen much.

Going outside soon to move all the things that could fly....
    Good idea sweetie.......hope it peters out for it hits us.........looks pretty erratic right now.......

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Yikes, will be thinking and praying for you guys down there.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Outer bands of rain already hitting the keys, poor tourists had to cut it short and evacuate.

Snudgie Guest
    Take care and stay safe all you guys!!.xxxxx Thinking of you!

Armcast Guest
    Stay safe folks...please check in so that we know you're ok...OK?

sunshine2828 Guest
    We just stocked up on canned goods and water and batteries and flashlights. The projected path has it going right thru Gainesville...Joy oh Joy! Hope all the other FL death hags are safe too!