Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,600 of 2772

Thread: The Weirdness of WalMart

That is unreal. WTF were they thinking? Were they high? I don't get it.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Seriously? Ok....

WTF!!!???

Crazy Christian Hooligans.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I'm surprised they didn't break out acoustic guitars and tambourines to beat the cops with.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    That is unreal. WTF were they thinking? Were they high? I don't get it.
    I know, right!. I mean they weren't even being arrested. The cops just wanted to interview them separately. Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I disagree with the decision to put this in the wal mart thread. It's bigger than wal mart. It's an officer involved shooting where someone got killed. It's about the cops and the brawl. Not wal mart. It has nothing to do with wal mart. Please reconsider your decision and place it back in the Police Blotter section where it belongs. Thank you.

I placed the second post because I didn't think I could add a link to a post that had a video in it. Sorry.
    True dat. At the end of the day I guess it doesn't matter to me where stuff gets filed, but I'm glad this was at least briefly its own thread, since I don't always check updates in the Wal-Mart thread, and I might have missed an interesting story. (I mean I get caught up on it eventually, but it's not on the front burner for me.)

I personally would like to know more about the family. They are obviously crazy, but what kind of crazy? (Maybe I should have said "denomination" instead of "kind".)
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I watched the video a couple of times last night. I couldn't believe it. I didn't even notice the mother and daughter until someone mentioned it in the comments.

I looked up their FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/Matthew24Now

There isn't much there but they are definitely strange. There is quite a bit of references to the end of days. It is worth looking at because of the comments. Also note that Abigail Folger is a fan.

These are fanatics.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    Also note that Abigail Folger is a fan.
    LMAO!!! I don't have or use FB so I'm glad you said that or I would have missed a hilarious joke.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    These are fanatics.
    Nah - just bat shit crazy people. OK; so they're "camping out" in a Walmart parking lot; sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get by. But didn't I read that they had a couple of minor kids with them? Why didn't they try to get some temporary lodging; at least for the kids? There's all sorts of organizations in most communities that can and will help people out (especially kids) for a few days.

They started the crap with a Walmart employee and then attacked the cops when they arrived.

Yeah - I think bat shit crazy probably sums them up.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Nah - just bat shit crazy people. OK; so they're "camping out" in a Walmart parking lot; sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get by. But didn't I read that they had a couple of minor kids with them? Why didn't they try to get some temporary lodging; at least for the kids? There's all sorts of organizations in most communities that can and will help people out (especially kids) for a few days.

They started the crap with a Walmart employee and then attacked the cops when they arrived.

Yeah - I think bat shit crazy probably sums them up.
    Amen. You know something else that just occurred to me? If there wasn't dash cam video of this how would the public have taken it? I'm betting it would be played as more Police brutality and murdering of citizens. This is a great example why body cams on Cops is a good idea. Not just for the citizen but the officers.

Maybe a bitter word would be hypocrites. These kinds of "Christians" are what gives Christianity a bad name.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Maybe a bitter word would be hypocrites. These kinds of "Christians" are what gives Christianity a bad name.
    They sure were absent the day "Turn the other cheek" was taught.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    They sure were absent the day "Turn the other cheek" was taught.
    Exactly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Brittany Cartrett had a miscarriage when she was approximately six weeks pregnant. Her doctor prescribed Misoprostol, a medication that induces abortion.

Cartrett told WGXA, “So we made the decision to not do a D&C and to get a medicine. So he said I’m going to give you this medicine, you’ll take it, and it will help you to pass naturally so that you don’t have to go the more invasive route.”
    So the doctor called a Walmart pharmacist who refused to fill it.

http://samuel-warde.com/2015/04/walm...carried-video/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yesterday I had an experience in a Walmart parking lot which I will not forget for a LONG time.

There's a Walmart by my mom's residence which is in an area where the south part of the street is a great place to live and the north side of the street turns downhill pretty fast. Due to the proximity to her residence, that's where they take the seniors shopping on errand days. I have never felt safe in this Walmart and took to never going there after sunset. However, yesterday afternoon I went there strictly for convenience sake.

When I left the store and was leaving the parking lot, I had noticed at the far end of the parking lot, there were several police cars and an SUV surrounded by yellow crime scene tape ... with news crews right behind it. I thought to myself, "This absolutely can't be good. If someone was killed at that store, I will never go there again." I get to my mom's place in time for the 5:00pm news. Sure enough, they found a body in that SUV that had been there for a few days. A friend of mine optimistically said, "Maybe it was natural causes." I told him, "I think that if it was natural causes it would be the case that it would be closer to the front of the store instead of a back part of the parking lot."

It's sealed, I will never go to that particular Walmart again. And I was freaked for the rest of the day, my mom had me frazzled by other issues, and I was rushed to get my little girl to soccer practice. It was only after a hard, but short run I started feeling better.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

"Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

navallint Guest
    LOL, good one, Ria.

I've known David since we were kids going to church together.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

I like my job. I had my 10 year anniversary a few days ago. I will defend the place from the haters all day..... BUT sometimes they make rules or policies that are just plain stupid, and I think "this is why people think walmart is the devil".
    Like:
    the other week we were told that we had to get rid of all our garbage cans cause they are not in the POM (pharmacy operating manual), and (apparently) they look unprofessional. So now we have an empty cardboard box in the middle of the filling area, and when that is full we dump it into a loose garbage bag sitting in the corner (because that's waaaay more professional ). I don't know what we're gonna do when they come in and tell us to get rid of that.

We get asked about a million times a day about where/how to safely dispose of unwanted medications. So the other day I saw an advertisement for a drug take back day that was being sponsored by the county police department. I typed up the info into a nice little flier, and posted it in the pharmacy for the customers to see. We had customers comment about how "they have some old drugs laying around and never knew what to do with them", and management threw a shit storm about it and took it down because it's not on the POM so it can't be there and blah blah blah. Come on! It's not hurting anything, and it's incuraging proper disposal of medications.

While we're on the POM... We have the pharmacy that's in the box in the middle of the store (and we had our remodel just as they were starting to do this so we have an early layout), they are now doing away with that and all new remodels are puttin it back in the front of the store. The pictures in the POM dont match our pharmacy. We often have higher up management come in with their POM and tell us that we aren't compliment and we have to fix it. We can't!! The other week they were yelling at us because we are supposed to have a bookshelf in a specific location to put specific things (all diagramed in the POM) on, but we physically do not have this specific location in our layout! Therefore, we have no place to put this bookshelf you want us to get!

we have to do these things we call CBLs. It's on the computer and you listen/watch a lesson and take a quiz at the end. They are absolutely Natzi about these things, and if you don't have them done a month before they're due they are on your ass about it. The other week they dropped about 7 of them for everybody. They show us, in detail, how to fill a prescription from start to finish. This is what we do all day, everyday! Why are you waiting our time?!

I could go on forever, but I have to be off to work now

ETA the latest thing now is that we will no longer be handling $10 bills. Obviously we take them from the customers, but at the end of the day they all get sent to the bank. They will not be stocked in the self checkouts. They will not be supplied as change in our morning drawers. The explanation they gave us? It cost to much to have the armored truck guy bring them. WHAT?!
    Last edited by SassyMonkey719; 05-20-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Talking Cat Fight

Last edited by cindyt; 06-08-2015 at 10:56 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I've heard that someone was making meth in a wal-mart, but never heard that it was a Christian death camp. There is a wal-mart not too far from me that just closed the doors one morning, and threw a fabric sign over the wal-mart sign, reading Temporarily Closed. They didn't warn the employees even. So strange.

I heard the meth story, too, but the other is a conspiracy rumor, if you ask me. I wonder why that store closed so suddenly. Usually when a franchise is shutting down a store there's a warning and things go on sell. Hm.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I've heard that someone was making meth in a wal-mart, but never heard that it was a Christian death camp. There is a wal-mart not too far from me that just closed the doors one morning, and threw a fabric sign over the wal-mart sign, reading Temporarily Closed. They didn't warn the employees even. So strange.
    Google Walmart and Jade Helm 15.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

PurrPurr Guest
    I've heard of 'porking' someone but this is ridiculous...

Alabama Man Caught Having Sex With Pig In WalMart Bathroom
    http://now8news.com/alabama-man-caug...mart-bathroom/

I don't know what to say.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Walmart already has their Christmas stuff up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

OMG and I thought it was bad that I saw Halloween stuff out somewhere the other day. Come on!!!!

I know. The same here. People on FB are talking about and posting Halloween images and I be like Uh, it's August, folks.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

School had barely gotten out for Little Bit when back-to-school stuff was put out. Of course, she had a month of summer school so she didn't get out until the last week of June. Hubby's at Walmart now buying the school supplies I didn't get earlier. The store I was at earlier had $5 backpacks, but everything ELSE was insanely high. I refused to pay $4 for the same markers and colored pencils I get for 97-cents at Walmart.

ETA: Walmart always has Crayola colored pencils and markers for a dollar or less and Crayola crayons for 50-cents or less at this time of year. Yeah, Rose Art is cheaper, but it's cheaper. Crayola is the best and I buy Crayola stuff for Little Bit.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 08-12-2015 at 05:13 PM.

"I just go here!"

Oh, yeah, Crayola, hands down.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    School had barely gotten out for Little Bit when back-to-school stuff was put out. Of course, she had a month of summer school so she didn't get out until the last week of June. Hubby's at Walmart now buying the school supplies I didn't get earlier. The store I was at earlier had $5 backpacks, but everything ELSE was insanely high. I refused to pay $4 for the same markers and colored pencils I get for 97-cents at Walmart.

ETA: Walmart always has Crayola colored pencils and markers for a dollar or less and Crayola crayons for 50-cents or less at this time of year. Yeah, Rose Art is cheaper, but it's cheaper. Crayola is the best and I buy Crayola stuff for Little Bit.

Speaking of Crayola and Back to school here in Maryland as well as in Colorado at both Walmart and Target I have seen those back to school lists on display for parents to go by when it comes to getting items for their kids for back to school. Out of curiosity I did check out some of those lists and notice on a few them it was said that the ONLY crayons acceptable are those made by Crayola. Oh yes...I had also notice on some of those lists that in regards to tissues only the generic brands from Walmart, Target and the dollar stores like Dollar Tree and Five Below are OK . In Colorado King Soopers which is part of Kroger their tissues were OK too but not such things from Safeway hmmmmmm.When I saw that I was like...OK nevermind. On some of those Colorado back to school lists I had also notice that Trapper Keepers are no longer allowed and nor are notebooks featuring sports teams and music & TV stars on the cover aren't allowed either. Of course the lists were for elementary and junior high school students but not high schools but still. I have to wonder what gives ?? A way in the schools eyes to prevent bullying such as "..I got a Trapper Keeper and you don't..my family has more money than you HA HA HA" sort of thing maybe ??

I guess down the road in a few years I would imagine the school districts will go as far as telling parents where they must shop at to buy school clothes for their kids. I can see it now..Walmart & Target OK, JC Penney & Kohls only for high school students and Macy's & Nordstrom..not allowed !! If it does come to that point that will be a far cry from when I was in school when parents would drive the kids to the "big city" and spend big bucks on designer jeans & sneakers like Jordache or Reeboxs at stores like Macy's.
    Last edited by choff; 08-16-2015 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    Speaking of Crayola and Back to school here in Maryland as well as in Colorado at both Walmart and Target I have seen those back to school lists on display for parents to go by when it comes to getting items for their kids for back to school. Out of curiosity I did check out some of those lists and notice on a few them it was said that the ONLY crayons acceptable are those made by Crayola. Oh yes...I had also notice on some of those lists that in regards to tissues only the generic brands from Walmart, Target and the dollar stores like Dollar Tree and Five Below are OK . In Colorado King Soopers which is part of Kroger their tissues were OK too but not such things from Safeway hmmmmmm.When I saw that I was like...OK nevermind. On some of those Colorado back to school lists I had also notice that Trapper Keepers are no longer allowed and nor are notebooks featuring sports teams and music & TV stars on the cover aren't allowed either. Of course the lists were for elementary and junior high school students but not high schools but still. I have to wonder what gives ?? A way in the schools eyes to prevent bullying such as "..I got a Trapper Keeper and you don't..my family has more money than you HA HA HA" sort of thing maybe ??

I guess down the road in a few years I would imagine the school districts will go as far as telling parents where they must shop at to buy school clothes for their kids. I can see it now..Walmart & Target OK, JC Penney & Kohls only for high school students and Macy's & Nordstrom..not allowed !! If it does come to that point that will be a far cry from when I was in school when parents would drive the kids to the "big city" and spend big bucks on designer jeans & sneakers like Jordache or Reeboxs at stores like Macy's.
    Yep. Little Bit needed TWO binders this year. A regular one inch binder, and a two inch zippered binder. The thing with the lists stores post is it may not be the exact list. Our district tells parents to buy off the list the school provides, their list is shorter than the ones in stores, stores are just out to make more money. There's items on the store lists kids in my district don't need.

We're broke. Lizzie's school clothes come from Walmart. And her grandma lives right across the street from ours. However, camp was only a few weeks ago and she got all kinds of new clothes so she's good. She's not happy about that, but she will deal.

"I just go here!"

Could this be Walmart?

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Walmart Canada is shit compared to the U.S. stores. I'll look something up and they don't have it, I then look it up at the U.S. site and yup they got it !! I have to go across the border more often these days, and I don't mind one bit !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Could this be Walmart?

Too fancy to be Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Too fancy to be Walmart
    Yeah, excuse me. She's too well dressed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Too fancy to be Walmart
    Yeah, but Target doesn't have shit for a liquor selection.....

"I just go here!"

Bidmor Guest
    Earlier this year, it was on the news, in a WM somewhere, two women got into a brawl over some item. One of the brawlers got up off her WallyWorld scooter to participate. I don't recall if the other sow had a scooter or not. A crowd gathered around to watch the entertainment. I didn't see any bets going down on the floor. It would have been hilarious if one of them hadn't been using a store scooter, probably depriving an elderly person who actually had need of a scooter. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Earlier this year, it was on the news, in a WM somewhere, two women got into a brawl over some item. One of the brawlers got up off her WallyWorld scooter to participate. I don't recall if the other sow had a scooter or not. A crowd gathered around to watch the entertainment. I didn't see any bets going down on the floor. It would have been hilarious if one of them hadn't been using a store scooter, probably depriving an elderly person who actually had need of a scooter. Pathetic.
    How did I miss that???

I don't agree with lazy people using scooters. I've got plantar's fasciitis in my right foot, but I'm thinking both feet, and a heel spur in my right foot, also. I don't use the carts, I prefer to lean against a cart and walk.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    How did I miss that???

I don't agree with lazy people using scooters. I've got plantar's fasciitis in my right foot, but I'm thinking both feet, and a heel spur in my right foot, also. I don't use the carts, I prefer to lean against a cart and walk.
    IIRC the vid is on here somewhere.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Bidmor Guest

GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    ^^ She is either blind or does not own a mirror or just plain ole crazy...I'll choose #3

I have to say I have a love/hate relationship with that site.

I totally try and be open minded and think people should be able to look however they want to look. I was a goth kid and now I'm a retro looking adult with my Bettie Page bangs and 50s style glasses... I know how it is to have people judge you. But then I find myself looking at these people on this site and have to wonder WTF are they thinking? :x

Could this be Walmart?

Catholic church?

Amy Winehouse at 35?

ozzysmom Guest
    Omg her lipstick is running into the wrinkles flowing from her mouth, lmao! .......or she's a vampire and that's blood, lol!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

Amy Winehouse at 35?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

49. 09-08-2015, 10:14 PM

I had no less than 20 folks sent me this today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wm.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	53053  

51. 09-09-2015, 12:41 AM

It looked like all the Gaver men were kind of big. Those cops really showed some restraint in not wasting all of the guys. grabbing an officers gun is a big no-no and usually get's ya a toe tag.

Ok. Did I post in the wrong thread or did I just imagine a story?
    Last edited by cleanskull; 09-09-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.