Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384546474849 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 2772

Thread: The Weirdness of WalMart

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Ew.

I've eaten ice cream sandwiches Sissy bought at Wally, but I don't know if they were Great Value or not. Now, I don't care; I will never eat another one of any brand...just the thoughts. ((((Shudder)))
    God love ya, I didn't know a hardware store had their own brand of ice cream sandwiches. Lol
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-22-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    God love ya, I didn't know a hardware store had their own brand of ice cream sandwiches. Lol
    ROFLMAO! I caught that, but didn't want to say anything.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    ROFLMAO! I caught that, but didn't want to say anything.
    I couldn't resist teasing Cindy a little.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Rocket Pops are my favorite! The ice cream sandwiches having so many damn chemicals loaded in to them they don't melt isn't at all shocking. That's a damn shame.
    Totally! Rocket Pops make ice cream sandwiches look like Otter Pops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Totally! Rocket Pops make ice cream sandwiches look like Otter Pops.
    Are Otter Pops those long tubes that come in a box of about 8000 for five dollars? If so, I hate those things.

Yes. They also destroy the corners of your mouth and make you look like The Joker from Batman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    Yes. They also destroy the corners of your mouth and make you look like The Joker from Batman.
    LMAO! That's the right ones. It takes twice as long to open the damn end as it does to eat the four bites inside. The green ones always made me cough. I have no idea why.

We used to just pour a bunch of them into a glass and drink them right from the box when I was little. Half the time they weren't even cold. They sure had plenty of sugar in them though. Like nuclear Kool Aid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    We used to just pour a bunch of them into a glass and drink them right from the box when I was little. Half the time they weren't even cold. They sure had plenty of sugar in them though. Like nuclear Kool Aid.
    That doesn't even sound good. They have the weirdest taste.

That doesn't even sound good. They have the weirdest taste.
    When I was 10 it made no difference at all lol. I probably consumed more sugar that year than every other year since, combined
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

PurrPurr Guest
    When I was 10 it made no difference at all lol. I probably consumed more sugar that year than every other year since, combined
    I think most of us did at that age. I even drank from the garden hose and lived to tell about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    I think most of us did at that age. I even drank from the garden hose and lived to tell about it.

I think I can even top that. Back in the mid 70's I can remember riding in the back of my uncle's pick up truck while he and my dad were drinking beer as they drove down the highway listening to Nascar on the AM radio. Back then nobody cared..not even the county sheriffs department. Heck sometimes they would come over to my uncle's garage to drink beer and smoke..and then they would go back out on duty.

I meant Great Value. Lol.

Well, I grazed in my backyeard. Yes, I ate grass, dried dog and cat piss, and all, probably.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-22-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

There was a car accident right in front of our store on Tuesday… 1 fatality, and 1 serious injuries…the truck that was hit was turning into our parking lot, so the enterence was blocked off for hours.
    Last edited by SassyMonkey719; 08-08-2014 at 09:20 PM.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Holy cellulite, Batman!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    John Trim that was pure awesomeness. The shit stain on the chick bending over.... that was the best part.

PurrPurr Guest
    How one 14-year-old boy lived in Walmart for FOUR DAYS without being noticed
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-noticed.html

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    How one 14-year-old boy lived in Walmart for FOUR DAYS without being noticed
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-noticed.html
    Wow, for a place that has so many surveillance cameras they can practically tell if you have lint in your belly button, how did the cameras not see this boy?

Makes me wonder how long he could have lived there had he been neater.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow, for a place that has so many surveillance cameras they can practically tell if you have lint in your belly button, how did the cameras not see this boy?

If that Walmart where that kid had lived in for four days is anything at all like our local Walmart stores even with security cameras all over the place ah..security is a joke. The times I had been at our Walmart I usually see most of their managers on their Smartphones always texting. Texting who ?? My parents were at our Walmart last week overhearing some department manager being upset with a security manager because she was denied access to the security cameras ( she wanted to see if her overnight staff were actually working or taking 30 minute "15 minute breaks" so they can smoke ). The security manager told her right in front of the customers about how his team is short staffed and how often that Walmart doesn't have security at all. No wonder people steal from there.

Saw this at Walmart and it officially creeped me the eff out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	51401
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

I have seen this so many times and never thought of the jokes. Holy crap my funny bone must be muted when I'm shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    I have seen this so many times and never thought of the jokes. Holy crap my funny bone must be muted when I'm shopping.
    Me too!! Never even paid attention when we had a box in the freezer!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

lmao Great teaching moment if you're shopping with your kids though. "Kids remember when I was telling you about bad touches and people that give them? Well the guy on this box is exactly the person I was talking about. If you see that ever in real life you run and tell an adult".

Wal Mart Is Bad

As if things weren't bad enough with their record losses recently now they're asking their employees to buy new clothes for their new dress code. That wouldn't be quite so bad until you realize the workers can't afford it as they only make 800-900 a month!!! Boycott Wal Mart!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5792224.html

I am the king of all things stupid!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    As if things weren't bad enough with their record losses recently now they're asking their employees to buy new clothes for their new dress code. That wouldn't be quite so bad until you realize the workers can't afford it as they only make 800-900 a month!!! Boycott Wal Mart!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5792224.html
    I'm not defending Walmart at all, but the employees can find clothes like that at Goodwill all day long for next to nothing. The cost of my husband's work uniforms come out of his check every week.

I would think the turnover would be so bad that trying to enforce a strict dress code would be close to impossible. I saw someone on FB complaining about the polyester but she whines about everything so I just ignored it.

Adding this also. I can't tell you what a Wal-Mart employee wears now. I must shop there because of being in the middle of BFE. I would say the tags they wear is what I notice. Since they only have two check outs open at one time. I only come in contact with two people. Unless the manager has to come over and type in something and then I see three.
    Last edited by SheeBee; 09-14-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    No. This thread is about the weirdness of wal mart. Mine was about something entirely different. This is a fun thread I didn't wan to bother with something serious. The worker issue is separate and serious. I was trying to help the board as a whole by starting its own thread.

Would still go in this thread. And yes Wal-Mart sucks.

I see. Well it's not so much that they could get their clothes at goodwill. It's more about paying their workers so little that a person can't go buy the clothes new without skipping a bill. 800-900 a month and I'm being kind to wal-mart with that total. They could literally get more on welfare. And who could blame them? Fighting against giving their employees healthcare or any kind of benefits. Meanwhile if you look at America's richest people like half of the top 10 are Waltons. And Wal-Mart isn't the only one. They're just one of the first and by far the biggest worker exploiter, cept for maybe a couple of the fast food chains.

No. This thread is about the weirdness of wal mart. Mine was about something entirely different. This is a fun thread I didn't wan to bother with something serious. The worker issue is separate and serious. I was trying to help the board as a whole by starting its own thread.
    All topics about Walmart go in this thread.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    I see. Well it's not so much that they could get their clothes at goodwill. It's more about paying their workers so little that a person can't go buy the clothes new without skipping a bill. 800-900 a month and I'm being kind to wal-mart with that total. They could literally get more on welfare. And who could blame them? Fighting against giving their employees healthcare or any kind of benefits. Meanwhile if you look at America's richest people like half of the top 10 are Waltons. And Wal-Mart isn't the only one. They're just one of the first and by far the biggest worker exploiter, cept for maybe a couple of the fast food chains.
    I understand what you meant. I also agree that Walmart could treat their employees much better and pay them more, but you could make that argument for nearly any retail job. The majority of retail jobs pay poorly, have inconsistent hours, and provide no benefits. We just hear more about Walmart since it's more mainstream to hate them. Since you and I both live in Kentucky, I'm sure you've noticed all of the new Dollar General Stores that have been built in the last few years. They are popping up like mushrooms after a hard rain. They don't treat their employees any better than Walmart does. These places couldn't care less what the quality of life is like for the people who work there, even if they have to work multiple jobs just to barely survive. All that matters to any of these places is keeping the corporate people rich and the shareholders happy.

My main problem with the new dress code is that the store is too hot already. Now we have to layer with the addition of this heavy vest. Also, it used to be we could wear any navy blue shirt, now it's only collared shirts, which knocks out at least three of my for-work shirts. It used to be tan or brown pants, now it's tan or black, once again knocking out 2 of my for-work pants. Shirts, if longer than the vests, need to be tucked in, which 1)makes it hotter and 2)looks bad on me. I'm a fat chick. Not a good look for me. And yeah, you can buy clothes at Goodwill, but once again, fat chick, so, not as much selection for me. I've already had to buy one more shirt. I need a couple more and have to get more pants now. I'm sure it might be different in other parts of the country, but I live in a small town. We don't make much money at Walmart, but I can't quit right now - - no jobs here and I have to have a job.

Mammy Guest
    I agree about the stores being hot and about fell over when an employee told me that the temperature was controlled by the corporate office. That shows no respect for employees or customers. I went to Sam's Club last weekend and was actually sweating in there.

The employees at the local Walmart have always worn vests. They are the royal blue looking ones that pull over the head. I had a job in the deli there a couple of years ago and I had a vest. I can relate on not wanting to tuck shirts in, I'm a big gal who tucks nothing in. I guess I'm lucky as far as Goodwill goes because I have a lot of nice clothes and the majority of them came from there. I also found clothes to wear at Goodwill when I worked at the Walmart deli. I'm sorry the new dress code is causing you problems. Do you ever look at the local yard sale type pages on Facebook? I see people selling clothes cheap on there.

I understand what you meant. I also agree that Walmart could treat their employees much better and pay them more, but you could make that argument for nearly any retail job. The majority of retail jobs pay poorly, have inconsistent hours, and provide no benefits. We just hear more about Walmart since it's more mainstream to hate them. Since you and I both live in Kentucky, I'm sure you've noticed all of the new Dollar General Stores that have been built in the last few years. They are popping up like mushrooms after a hard rain. They don't treat their employees any better than Walmart does. These places couldn't care less what the quality of life is like for the people who work there, even if they have to work multiple jobs just to barely survive. All that matters to any of these places is keeping the corporate people rich and the shareholders happy.
    Yes maam. I agree with all that. You're so right about the Dollar General's popping up everywhere. It reminds me of those check advance places that started popping up a few years ago. The argument from the other side is that it's unskilled labor and that they shouldn't be paid well. Ok. But can't they be paid a livable wage!? I'd like to see every American with that kind of job wal-mart, dollar general, fast food, grocery store workers, and so on just refuse to work for a week. That would show their importance pretty fucking quick. Everything would come to a grinding halt... speaking of grinding halts... here's a cool song about it!!! with lyrics

Mammy Guest
    There are five Dollar General stores within a five mile radius of where I live and I live in a very small community. I can't even count how many check advance places there are. It's insane! I agree that any job should value their employees and pay them well. I've worked around the public a few times and I would strangle some sumbitch if I had to deal with that everyday. Like Madeline said, Walmart is about the only place to work in a lot of communities and people have to have jobs.

Yes maam. I agree with all that. You're so right about the Dollar General's popping up everywhere. It reminds me of those check advance places that started popping up a few years ago. The argument from the other side is that it's unskilled labor and that they shouldn't be paid well. Ok. But can't they be paid a livable wage!? I'd like to see every American with that kind of job wal-mart, dollar general, fast food, grocery store workers, and so on just refuse to work for a week. That would show their importance pretty fucking quick. Everything would come to a grinding halt... speaking of grinding halts... here's a cool song about it!!! with lyrics

This is why people who work fast food are striking. I'm not. My McDonald's will fire anyone who strikes. I can't afford to be without a job, at least not until I can get another one lined up. There was supposed to be a big strike in the parking lot of our site last week but it never happened. I agree that we should get a livable wage. I went to the store Friday night, and by the time I bought milk, butter, and eggs, I had already spent $18: two dozen eggs, 99¢ each, on sale. 2 packages of butter, $4 each. Gallon of milk, $5. Half-gallon of milk, that I use for cooking, $3. Ridiculous grocery prices. Walmart's prices aren't much better. If the eggs hadn't been on sale, I would have spent over $20 just on those three ingredients that I use in cooking.

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    This is why people who work fast food are striking. I'm not. My McDonald's will fire anyone who strikes. I can't afford to be without a job, at least not until I can get another one lined up. There was supposed to be a big strike in the parking lot of our site last week but it never happened. I agree that we should get a livable wage. I went to the store Friday night, and by the time I bought milk, butter, and eggs, I had already spent $18: two dozen eggs, 99¢ each, on sale. 2 packages of butter, $4 each. Gallon of milk, $5. Half-gallon of milk, that I use for cooking, $3. Ridiculous grocery prices. Walmart's prices aren't much better. If the eggs hadn't been on sale, I would have spent over $20 just on those three ingredients that I use in cooking.
    Aren't grocery prices horrific? It seems like they go up every single time I grocery shop. I remember when ground beef used to be reasonably priced. Mom used to call it poor people's meat because nearly everything she fixed had ground beef in it and we sure didn't have much money growing up. It's outrageous what ground beef costs now. We might have to become reluctant vegetarians around here.

Aren't grocery prices horrific? It seems like they go up every single time I grocery shop. I remember when ground beef used to be reasonably priced. Mom used to call it poor people's meat because nearly everything she fixed had ground beef in it and we sure didn't have much money growing up. It's outrageous what ground beef costs now. We might have to become reluctant vegetarians around here.
    They are. When my grocery store has their ground beef on sale for $2.99/lb or less, I stock up and freeze it. My family loves cheese-stuffed burgers, meat loaf, Hamburger Helper.

We have fish once in a while, usually when I can get 2lbs or more for under $10, because everyone loves seafood and wants seconds. Pork steaks I can usually get 4/$10-ish. I cut each one in half, so I get one meal out of two pork steaks, and I season them so they taste just like pork chops.

When I have an extra $50 to add to the grocery fund, I get extra meat and freeze it. Roast, chicken pieces, a whole chicken, turkey roast. Roasts and a whole chicken I like to cook in the Crock Pot so it cooks all day. Especially on busy days like therapy days.

I try to never buy meat from Walmart. Their prices are just too high. The only thing I get there that isn't too bad is their "roast kit." You get a roast, carrots, potatoes, celery, and a seasoning packet all for $15. I have spent $20 before on just the roast, 'taters, and carrots before. But sometimes it's worth it because I get a craving for roast. Apparently I make it good, because there is never leftovers for sandwiches the next day for Hubby. Lol!

"I just go here!"

Like Madeline said, Walmart is about the only place to work in a lot of communities and people have to have jobs.

..and Walmart is usually the easiest place to find a job nowadays. I have an aunt who is 72 years old. After "enjoying" her retirement last year she decided to get a part time job. Even though a lot of places were hiring it was very clear to her who they want on their staff...young people !! Some were very blunt about it too such as when she had applied at a Five Below "..if I knew we were hiring old folks I would had my grandmother apply for a job here honey !!". It was similar with the Holiday Inn when she had applied for a job there..they told her she would be more happier spending time growing flowers. The only places that showed any interest in hiring her were a bed & breakfast and Walmart and both ended up offering her a job. She took the bed & breakfast job only because that place was near her home unlike Walmart which thanks to Virginia's strange Dillon Rule the city bus service isn't allowed to serve a "county" Walmart.
    Last edited by choff; 09-14-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Mammy Guest
    They are. When my grocery store has their ground beef on sale for $2.99/lb or less, I stock up and freeze it. My family loves cheese-stuffed burgers, meat loaf, Hamburger Helper.

We have fish once in a while, usually when I can get 2lbs or more for under $10, because everyone loves seafood and wants seconds. Pork steaks I can usually get 4/$10-ish. I cut each one in half, so I get one meal out of two pork steaks, and I season them so they taste just like pork chops.

When I have an extra $50 to add to the grocery fund, I get extra meat and freeze it. Roast, chicken pieces, a whole chicken, turkey roast. Roasts and a whole chicken I like to cook in the Crock Pot so it cooks all day. Especially on busy days like therapy days.

I try to never buy meat from Walmart. Their prices are just too high. The only thing I get there that isn't too bad is their "roast kit." You get a roast, carrots, potatoes, celery, and a seasoning packet all for $15. I have spent $20 before on just the roast, 'taters, and carrots before. But sometimes it's worth it because I get a craving for roast. Apparently I make it good, because there is never leftovers for sandwiches the next day for Hubby. Lol!
    I'm not fond of Walmart's meat. It is terribly expensive and the way it is packaged takes up too much room in the freezer, especially the ground beef. I've been shopping mostly at Save-A-Lot lately. They are considerably cheaper. My husband likes tater tot casseroles. Not terribly healthy, but they are filling and used to be cheap to make. Between the ground beef and the cheese, even they are expensive to fix.

Thanks a lot, now I'm craving roast. My mouth is watering! Lol

I'm not fond of Walmart's meat. It is terribly expensive and the way it is packaged takes up too much room in the freezer, especially the ground beef. I've been shopping mostly at Save-A-Lot lately. They are considerably cheaper. My husband likes tater tot casseroles. Not terribly healthy, but they are filling and used to be cheap to make. Between the ground beef and the cheese, even they are expensive to fix.

Thanks a lot, now I'm craving roast. My mouth is watering! Lol
    Lol! Sorry! I make a Dorito casserole that is a huge hit, too, not to mention all the "Messican food" I make. All of which requires ground beef, although Hubby wants me to make grilled chicken tacos some night.

First time I made Dorito casserole, Schmoo looked down at his plate and exclaimed, "Cool! Chips for dinner!" Lol! It's simple, really. Ground beef, salsa, cheese, and Doritos. Serve with salad. I have to make it the day I buy the Doritos, or threaten bodily harm to he (or she) who opens the bag.

ETA: The price of cheese is outrageous, too. $3/bag here, and I use a bag a week for pizza. When our grocery store has it 10/$10, I buy ten and freeze some, although it never lasts.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 09-14-2014 at 07:17 PM.

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    Lol! Sorry! I make a Dorito casserole that is a huge hit, too, not to mention all the "Messican food" I make. All of which requires ground beef, although Hubby wants me to make grilled chicken tacos some night.

First time I made Dorito casserole, Schmoo looked down at his plate and exclaimed, "Cool! Chips for dinner!" Lol! It's simple, really. Ground beef, salsa, cheese, and Doritos. Serve with salad. I have to make it the day I buy the Doritos, or threaten bodily harm to he (or she) who opens the bag.

ETA: The price of cheese is outrageous, too. $3/bag here, and I use a bag a week for pizza. When our grocery store has it 10/$10, I buy ten and freeze some, although it never lasts.
    That sounds like something my husband and son would both love. They are big fans of whatever takes the least amount of time to prepare. They act like they might starve to death if they have to wait more than twenty minutes for a meal. I was going to buy a bag of shredded Kraft cheese at Walmart about a month ago and it was nearly $5! Mammy put that back fast!

Have you seen the post on FB where it is pitting the fast food workers against the military. "These people think they should make x amount of money while the military only makes x amount of money"

I posted. I think they should all be paid a livable wage. We are all trying to earn a living and should be paid for it. Not pitted against one another.

She deleted me.

One other thing about the uniforms. Getting them washed. My son has to go to a Laundromat and I had no idea they had gotten so expensive. If I only had two uniforms to spread out of a 40+ work week I'd be washing them in the sink.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    Have you seen the post on FB where it is pitting the fast food workers against the military. "These people think they should make x amount of money while the military only makes x amount of money"

I posted. I think they should all be paid a livable wage. We are all trying to earn a living and should be paid for it. Not pitted against one another.

She deleted me.

One other thing about the uniforms. Getting them washed. My son has to go to a Laundromat and I had no idea they had gotten so expensive. If I only had two uniforms to spread out of a 40+ work week I'd be washing them in the sink.
    I haven't had to go to the Laundromat for years, thank God. There used to four of them around here and now there are none. I don't know where people take their clothes now because I know the majority of apartments don't have washer/dryer hookups.

We don't. It's $3/load to wash and dry clothes. $1.50 to wash, and $1.50 to dry. Sometimes I do wash clothes in the sink. Mine, anyway.

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    We don't. It's $3/load to wash and dry clothes. $1.50 to wash, and $1.50 to dry. Sometimes I do wash clothes in the sink. Mine, anyway.
    Wow, I had no idea it was that expensive now! That's awful! It used to take forever to dry a load of clothes and I'd have to keep feeding coins to the dryer.

What irks me about the new dress code is that there are many instances in the official policy that say "except if you work in pharmacy". Like "Cargo style pants are allowed, except if you work in pharmacy" and "Management is allowed to designate special dress up days, such as holidays and sports days, except if you work in pharmacy".
    Also, the vests the store associates are getting are zippered, light weight, mesh vests with pockets. In pharmacy we have what we call the bowling shirts. They are heavy, unflattering, collared, button up and pocket free. They have sleeves on them that are a little longer than regular short sleeves. They are hotter than hell, and I am always warm anyways so I sweat my ass off all day (and in case you missed many of my rants in previous posts and in other threads, us evil sub-human techs are not allowed to have any water bottles or anything in the pharmacy). They also want us to wear collared shirts underneath them. So to recap, collared shirts underneath our collared coats....
    So, after they took many things away from us because, quote, we "couldn't have any special treatment from the rest of the store", we are now getting special treatment. Honestly, If we have to wear those god-awful bowling shirts then why can't we just wear professional dress underneath it like the vision center gets to wear underneath their lab coats? I mean, you can't see our shirts underneath the jacket, and you can't really see our pants behind the counter anyways.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”