Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weirdness of WalMart

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    You can get whatever you want out of a picture. I'm saying that maybe the developer was a bit of a perv.

And just what did you feed those trolls?
    oh, i don't know if that is a fair assumption. if the person was a perv, he never would have handed them over. he/she was just doing his job.

"feed the trolls" - internet term.

feeding the troll Feeding the troll is when one replies to a troll in retaliation (usually). If somone feeds a troll, it may get cocky and cause an even bigger problem. The best way to deal with trolls is to report them and let the mods bannidate the said troll.
    troll
    In internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, blog, or chat room with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Last edited by RubySlippers; 09-22-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Desertrose Guest
    The couple in Peoria had their children removed by CPS due to other nude photos of the children, not just the photos at Walmart. They are suing, so they will have their day in court, but they have been in trouble before.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest

I just came across this post and all I could think of is a college student by the name of Skyler Bartels who lived in a Walmart for 3 days during his spring break.
    Sorry if anybody already posted this but I don't feel like going over 550 threads.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Fujicakes Guest
    Hmm, I haven't seen any posts of the Wal-Mart I go to. I don't know whether to be thankful or sad.

BTW, what the hell is Michael Cera doing at Wal-Mart?

6. 10-14-2009, 05:50 PM

Exclamation Are you ready for this?!? Walmart to start selling caskets

It's true!!!

http://www.walmart.com/search/search....y=0&Find=Find

They are actually not too shabby, I particularily like this one...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=12568630
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Why does this not surprise me? They put my Dad out of business, they might as well put every other small/family owned business out of business as well.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Can I get one covered in Walmart smiley stickers?

hoxharding Guest
    Costco sells coffins-so why not Wal-Mart?
    That would be weird though if it went like this
    "Honey,going Wal-mart to pick up milk,school supplies,Miley Cyrus clothes and Pepto Bismo."
    Husband: "Don't forget to pick up that coffin we ordered."

Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    Why does this not surprise me? They put my Dad out of business, they might as well put every other small/family owned business out of business as well.
    That was my first thought. Wonderful, put us outta business. Us being the lil funeral home on the corner. Wonder how long this'll last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

1karenhb Guest
    Nothing says loving like a Wal-Mart casket

Hippo Guest
    Wonder if they're going to start selling urns, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It's true!!!

http://www.walmart.com/search/search....y=0&Find=Find

They are actually not too shabby, I particularily like this one...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=12568630

That one is sorta cool...And so perfect for Raiders fans, too!

Speaking of caskets, did you see that one the kid from Boyzone was buried in? Talk about wonky. I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Nothing says loving like a Wal-Mart casket
    Hahahaha! Can you imagine? I'd be spinnin in my grave if I knew my loved ones found my final resting box between the plastic laundry baskets and the discount paper towels...

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Haha, wow.

Pine is highly underrated.

Nelliebean Guest
    I can see it now. Cheap plastic urns you can burp.

Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    Pine is highly underrated.

I'll tell you ID, this is EXACTLY what I'd want to be buried in. For a while I was thining of making my own. Caskets have become way more ornate (and expensive) than is necessary.

apparently they do.

"Return Information
    Due to FTC regulations, Walmart.com can only accept a return of a casket, urn or memorial jewelry due to freight or cosmetic damage from shipping. Walmart stores cannot accept the return of any casket or urn."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Caskets have become way more ornate (and expensive) than is necessary.
    True! They take up quit a bit of ground room.

I wonder if we'll ever get desperate for space and start sticking caskets upright in the ground.

I wonder if we'll ever get desperate for space and start sticking caskets upright in the ground.

Funny you shouold mention that - just a few weeks ago, I was asking about that on Annie's "Questions for a recovering mortician" thread. Somebody said that the idea was experiemnted with at some point somewhere in the US.

Goldy Guest

I dunno about straight up, but Sheboss & I bought a "Forever Together" plot. Whoever goes first, goes down 12', then the remaining spouse gets planted at the normal 6' - right above the one who passed first.

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Funny you shouold mention that - just a few weeks ago, I was asking about that on Annie's "Questions for a recovering mortician" thread. Somebody said that the idea was experiemnted with at some point somewhere in the US.
    Yep. I don't remember the details, but I did read an article about it years ago.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

My 77 year old mother told me not long ago she wanted to be buried in just a cheap pine casket like the one in the picture above but that she wanted an elaborate headstone. Wal-Mart is her favorite store. So i guess I'll say "let's go to Wal-Mart and while we're there we can pick up your casket!!" Fun Fun!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    I can see the ad matching, "Costco has one like this for only $979.95"? Carrera.

Forever-27 Guest
    If you are serious about buying a coffin from walmart, I think RoRo can get you a discount. Forgive me if Im wrong but I think I remember her saying she landed a job at one of their stores. Im certain they give their workers employee discounts.

STORMIE Guest
    I guess they need to make aisle 13 the Death aisle - coffins, urns, flowers, funeral music, do it yourself embalming kits. Then they would have the whole market cornered.
    Last edited by STORMIE; 10-21-2009 at 12:34 PM.

Omerta Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Can I get one covered in Walmart smiley stickers?

LOL! And your own personal blue vested greeter!

I suppose the Greeters are happy with this development.

Soonerson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    I suppose the Greeters are happy with this development.
    Most of them already have one leg in the casket.

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    I can see a price check right now. Dept 13. Uh...., I need a price check of a "going home" full couch, sealer at reg. 6

OCEANLIGHTS Guest

People of walmart

THIS SITE IS FUNNY BUY SCARY IN A STRANGE SORT OF WAY.
    www.peopleofwalmart.com

ChiFan27 Guest
    Call me a snob but I refuse to go to Walmart. That website is validation for me.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    OMG those gray sweatshorts! MY EYES!!! OH MY EYES!!!

John carpenter Guest
    Well..unless your in a certain "tax brackett", Wal*mart is the cheapest place in town. And yes, very interesting. And i love hearing "Welcome to Walmart" lol

1karenhb Guest
    I was afraid I'd see my photo in there! Yes I do shop at Walmart. The funny thing is when I worked at Disneyland I'm sure I saw all these people there and more.

1karenhb Guest
    I'm still going through the pics, they are funny and yes scary too. The comments are great.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiFan27 View Post
    Call me a snob but I refuse to go to Walmart. That website is validation for me.
    I wouldn't say snob. It's not too smart though b/c they have EVERYTHING & it is so CHEAP. ♥♥♥♥♥ WM!~

Ahhhh my eyes!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerson View Post
    Most of them already have one leg in the casket.
    ::giggle:

Flowergrrl Guest

Woman Who Cut in Line at Walmart Going to Court

Witnesses have told authorities that Ellis cut in front of waiting customers at the Walmart in Kennett on Jan. 6, 2007, shoved merchandise already placed on a conveyor belt out of the way and became belligerent when confronted, according to court filings.

Ellis maintains she was merely joining her cousin, whose checkout line was moving more quickly. She claimed in a written complaint to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People that she was then pushed by a white customer, hassled by store employees, called racial slurs and physically mistreated by Kennett police officers.

Story

Maybe it's because people who try to cut in line piss me off so much. Why would all those people lie? It would be very interesting to see the surveillance camera of what happened. And, yes... It is shit like this that pisses me off. With all the problems in the world have some simple freakin respect for other people.

"Ellis maintains she was merely joining her cousin, whose checkout line was moving more quickly."

I'm sorry but, hello?!... That's called cutting in line.

/rant

mandee1005 Guest
    I will prob catch hell for this but I'm sick of people using the whole racism thing as coverup for what they did. I know in some cases, there is blatant racism. Sounds like she cut in line, somebody said something then she showed her ass, resisted arrest while still showing her ass and is now whining that it was because she was black. No you got your ass arrest for not being compliant and of course, showing your ass.

I hate que jumpers. It is an epidemic here.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    Well that's Walmart.

sablegsd Guest
    I have never had that happen to me in walmart. And woe to the dumb bitch that tries that shit on me. Selfish, self-centered boorish cow assaulted an officer and made a huge scene. Then she screams the racist card crap. I hope she does at least 6 months in jail.
    Can you believe this moron is a schoolteacher?

Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    I will prob catch hell for this but I'm sick of people using the whole racism thing as coverup for what they did. I know in some cases, there is blatant racism. Sounds like she cut in line, somebody said something then she showed her ass, resisted arrest while still showing her ass and is now whining that it was because she was black. No you got your ass arrest for not being compliant and of course, showing your ass.
    What Mandee said.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I hate que jumpers. It is an epidemic here.
    Interesting, mate. I went to China and frankly, there's no such thing as a queue. Goddam free-for-all, but the good part is that no one even expects anyone else to obey, so no one gets pissed. They just jovially jab each other in the ribs/poke each other in the kidney etc. to push ahead in the line. No plobrem!

But here? NOBODY jumps queue. If someone tries, he gets the mean side-eye from everyone. Admittedly, if someone does go ahead and do it, everyone glares but passively-aggressively does nothing.

BUT! every great once in a while some surly/drunk businessman or construction worker will let loose with a string of epithets that astound in their poetic originality. The whole place goes dead silent. It's beautiful to watch.

Same with yabbering on cellphones. Not done. Ever. How fucking cool is that?

I live in paradise, man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Pryncis Guest
    i have been known to loudly call out a person who cuts me off. my dad would trip people with his cane. i have no problem correcting other people's kids when they see an old man in a scooter and jump in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    Interesting, mate. I went to China and frankly, there's no such thing as a queue. Goddam free-for-all, but the good part is that no one even expects anyone else to obey, so no one gets pissed. They just jovially jab each other in the ribs/poke each other in the kidney etc. to push ahead in the line. No plobrem!

But here? NOBODY jumps queue. If someone tries, he gets the mean side-eye from everyone. Admittedly, if someone does go ahead and do it, everyone glares but passively-aggressively does nothing.

BUT! every great once in a while some surly/drunk businessman or construction worker will let loose with a string of epithets that astound in their poetic originality. The whole place goes dead silent. It's beautiful to watch.

Same with yabbering on cellphones. Not done. Ever. How fucking cool is that?

I live in paradise, man.
    Here it is handphone hell.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny