Thread: Mathew Ashman of Bow Wow Wow

Mathew Ashman of Bow Wow Wow

Remember them? They were awesome and they're back together and touring again. Mathew passed in November of 95 from complications of Diabetes. It didn't help that he was a heroin addict at one time, too.
    Maybe we should put Adam Ant's career here too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Candy was one of the best songs ever. It was simple and to the point, I like that in a song.
    Didn't the Paco guy who did the re-make of "Puttin' on the Ritz" get run over by a bus in London, or is this an urban legend?

Andrea Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Remember them? They were awesome and they're back together and touring again. Mathew passed in November of 95 from complications of Diabetes. It didn't help that he was a heroin addict at one time, too.
    "I want Candy!" da da da! Was he the one who did the cool guitar playing?

Andrea

firegilnotguns Guest
    Ah, Adam Ant...what the hell happened with him? He went completely mad...

5. 10-17-2007, 02:26 PM

Mrs. Watson Guest

Desperate, But Not Serious

Holy cow, Adam Ant is alive and functioning!

He looks so clean cut and boring.

http://www.adam-ant.net/

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post

he was that way back in the 80's too.

Their touring again? What are they playing- a medley of their greatest hit and variations on a theme?
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    Their touring again? What are they playing- a medley of their greatest hit and variations on a theme?
    their best of album was a 7" with the dub remix of I Want Candy as the b-side.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    Candy was one of the best songs ever. It was simple and to the point, I like that in a song.
    Didn't the Paco guy who did the re-make of "Puttin' on the Ritz" get run over by a bus in London, or is this an urban legend?
    WHAT???? TACO got hit by a bus???? NOOOOOOOOOO

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    WHAT???? TACO got hit by a bus???? NOOOOOOOOOO
    Someone told me that, but I can't find verification. Maybe it's an urban legend or something. On wikipedia, it doesn't have the bus incident and it's written like he's still alive. Maybe it was some other one-hit wonder.
    I don't like wikipedia that much, it's an ok source, but a lot of celebrities I know a lot about, the website is wrong. The stuff on Susan Hayward is totally wrong about many things. I ought to become a contributor but I'm too lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    You may be mixing him up with Falco, who was killed when his car collided with a bus in the Dominican Republic. (I know, it's wiki, but I do recall hearing this from another source as well, years ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falco_%28musician%29

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
    You may be mixing him up with Falco, who was killed when his car collided with a bus in the Dominican Republic. (I know, it's wiki, but I do recall hearing this from another source as well, years ago)

Wiki is pretty accurate... if something is off they are good about taking it down.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post

Maybe that's it. I swear, it was on foot and a bus in London.

letty1970 Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post

Cant say anything bad about Adam.....He looks amazing and certainly not boring.......

l thought falco did that 'one night in bankok' song. who did that one?

also, adam ant = not boring.
    from the BBC in 2002: Eighties pop star Adam Ant has been charged with assault and possession of a firearm following an alleged incident at a pub.
    The singer - real name Stuart Goddard - has been charged with possession of a firearm or imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.

Murray Head did 'One Night in Bangkok'.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    l thought falco did that 'one night in bankok' song. who did that one?

also, adam ant = not boring.
    from the BBC in 2002: Eighties pop star Adam Ant has been charged with assault and possession of a firearm following an alleged incident at a pub.
    The singer - real name Stuart Goddard - has been charged with possession of a firearm or imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
    Falco did "Rock Me Amadeus."

And yeah, that's one of the reasons why I was saying Adam Ant went completely mad...

When I lived in LA in the late 80's/early 90's, I had a good friend who was OBSESSED with Adam Ant. So much so that we would stalk his house in Silverlake. One night his trash was out...you guessed it...WE STOLE IT!!! We found lyrics, an invitation to the Grammys, ect. But the Coup'd Etat was (drum role) the used multicolored condoms in the coffee grounds. To this day she keeps them in a soup container under her bed!! LOL

firegilnotguns Guest
    When I lived in LA in the late 80's/early 90's, I had a good friend who was OBSESSED with Adam Ant. So much so that we would stalk his house in Silverlake. One night his trash was out...you guessed it...WE STOLE IT!!! We found lyrics, an invitation to the Grammys, ect. But the Coup'd Etat was (drum role) the used multicolored condoms in the coffee grounds. To this day she keeps them in a soup container under her bed!! LOL
    Used condoms in the coffee grounds, eh? I hope there's a lid on that soup container!

Have you been in the chat room tonight? Meet you there?

firegilnotguns Guest
    Have you been in the chat room tonight? Meet you there?
    I was JUST looking up the URL for the chat room when I read this message! Weeeeird!

thanks, bluerose