Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Happy Easter!

Ruby that pic is my favorite!!

I like Peeps but they have to be fresh and soft.

I was talking about the Peep Show but I love that flasher one. I don't remember seeing that one before.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Screwtape Guest
    You just know where that big steel egg is going don't you.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    You just know where that big steel egg is going don't you.
    To feed the poor kid units at the robot orphanage?

Screwtape Guest
    Yes!

Tiny Tim thanks you.

Seagorath Guest
    Tank ya, Easta Bunny...bHok bHok...

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

Lookin good Ich!

Ruby - too funny! My kids despise them, I usually eat a couple. I buy them because what would Easter be without peeps?? I have two boxes to take to work tomorrow.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I LOVE Peeps! My favorite flavor is yellow.
    Ooooh, me too! I've tried most of the other colors but yellow is still my favorite.

I'm getting ready to try the orange ones.

sablegsd Guest
    Hate them. My kids hated them too.

BooMom Guest
    We ended up wih 3 boxes o' the critters today - yellow bunnies, green, and yellow chicks. And more chocolate than you could shake a stick at.

The sugar high starts in 3...2...1...

Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Ooooh, me too! I've tried most of the other colors but yellow is still my favorite.

I'm getting ready to try the orange ones.
    Pink ones are the best! I love Easter candy - - Peeps, Cadbury Creme Eggs, Cadbury Mini Eggs... yum.

derbingle Guest
    Two years ago, my then 6 year old ate two boxes of the damn things. He then, surprise surprise, got sick as a dog. As he lay puking in the bathroom, I took another box of them in and asked him if he wanted another Peep. He looked at me with big sad eyes and said, "please Dad, no more peeps." It's been 2 years and he won't even put them in the microwave. He hates them as much as I hate circus peanuts, and for the same reason.

Seagorath Guest
    Runts Eggs by Wonka...they rule.

gleemonex Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I LOVE Peeps! My favorite flavor is yellow.
    Yellow's my favorite too

I love the South Park episode where this old man stuffs a bunch of Peeps in the microwave and uses them as a weapon.

warmbear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by derbingle View Post
    Two years ago, my then 6 year old ate two boxes of the damn things. He then, surprise surprise, got sick as a dog. As he lay puking in the bathroom, I took another box of them in and asked him if he wanted another Peep. He looked at me with big sad eyes and said, "please Dad, no more peeps." It's been 2 years and he won't even put them in the microwave. He hates them as much as I hate circus peanuts, and for the same reason.
    Circus peanuts.... shudder.... ......Oh, so nasty.

Long Gone Day Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    Okay guys... it is Easter Sunday and I am going to ask THE question, yes the really hard one

Peeps--what do you guys think

they even have a Wikipedia page
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peeps

lol the pumpkins scare me a bit

When i worked in the bookstore we used to have to work on Easter---and our store manager would leave lots and lots of candy for us. No one wanted the Peeps, and the store was so slow we spent much of the day blowing them up in the microwave.
    I ate them when I was a kid, but don't like them now. The scientific findings mentioned in the wiki article:

"They claimed that the eyes of the confectionery "wouldn't dissolve in anything",

kind of freaks me out a bit. But they look adorable posed in photographs! I think we're ready for a "Peeps" movie!
    Last edited by Long Gone Day; 04-12-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Dove Truffle Eggs are wonderful-I have no desire to blow them up, shoot them or film them making exploitative marshmallow tableaux

But I'll eat the DTE's while watching the Peep Theah-tuh.

Jazbabee Guest
    Forget Peeps..............give me the chocolate Nestle Crubch Eggs !!!!!!

buddyhollylover Guest
    i'm in peep heaven. last night keeny went to a concert w/ a friend of his w/ his mom. i stayed up for him, he got home around 11pm. ....we wern't too happy w/ him going but he was w/ another parent and you gotta let them spread their wings alittle...i guess.....

well i feel alseep in the recliner watching the ten commandments waiting for ken to get home. he woke me up and said ma, did you make the easter baskets yet?....noooo........so we were up till midnight making all the baskets....peep heaven baby.....

i like to set them out & get chewy

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    I've never eaten one. They are creepy looking and feel funny to touch....yucky.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketQueen View Post
    I eat them stale. My mom pokes holes in em a week before Easter.
    Absolutely. Peeps are better stale. Like a million times or so.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I'm not a fan of peeps...but I love "my peeps" (my death-hags) I also abhor those nasty large eggs that are filled with hardened marshmallow.....yuck, yuck, gag....hurl! I abhor those as much as MbalmR despises Circus Peanuts!

RocketQueen Guest
    I think the worst Easter candy are those disgusting Cadbury eggs! They look like raw egg in the middle but are sickeningly sweet. They make me want to YAK!

warmbear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I'm not a fan of peeps...but I love "my peeps" (my death-hags) I also abhor those nasty large eggs that are filled with hardened marshmallow.....yuck, yuck, gag....hurl! I abhor those as much as MbalmR despises Circus Peanuts!
    Those horrible big marshmallow filled eggs are in fact a "relative" of circus peanuts.. I abhor both of them, as well as peeps. *blech*

carebearsluv Guest
    Here's a link to the Peeps contest from last year...too cute!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032101983.html

Pryncis Guest
    While celebrating one of our many tequila nights, my friends and I discovered the joy of microwaving yellow peeps. Did you know that after about 20 seconds on high on a microwave safe plate the yellow peeps resemble Picachu? I laughed my ass off in front of the microwave for 30 minutes straight after sending about two dozen to their untimely, yet amusing deaths. And people ask why I don't drink tequila anymore...

I remember trying to scrap them out of the microwave post death. It is not fun *L*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

sunshine74137 Guest
    I wonder if you could make a peep smore?

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    Absolutely. Peeps are better stale. Like a million times or so.

Way better. I haven't had any in years but I can still remember the chewy goodness of a stale peep.

I WANT peeps. Won't someone SEND me SOME?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

warmbear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I remember trying to scrap them out of the microwave post death. It is not fun *L*

You have to put them on a paper plate (disposable).. When microwaving, you have to watch them, and stop the microwave appropriately.

Can't stand peeps...but I love Cadbury eggs....those are my fav!

I heard someone mention circus peanuts.....is Mbalmr around??? lol
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Fujicakes Guest
    Haven't eaten peeps in yeeeears. But I do loves my Cadburry eggs. om nom nom.

Gorey Guest
    We bought Peeps of all colors this year. The Red ones made us sick, They tasted really funny and we don't like them.

leeny994 Guest
    I wait all year round for the Cadbury Eggs to come out. YUMMY

My favorite Easter candy is the Cadbury mini eggs with the crisp sugar shell. Oh my. Rich, chocolate goodness. They had them at Christmas last year, too, but they were round, not egg-shaped, and in Christmas colors.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    Pink ones are the best! I love Easter candy - - Peeps, Cadbury Creme Eggs, Cadbury Mini Eggs... yum.
    I love Cadbury Creme Eggs too! The funny thing is I was too freaked out by them to eat them when I was a kid. All those years I missed out...

Tracyb24 Guest
    We have blue peeps. I ate a whole row. Not good to eat a whole row.