Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Mercury

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    Alright... the greatest male vocalist of all time deserves a spot on the forum. I saw the remaining members with Paul Rogers in 2005 and although they were still good, the best part of the show was Bohemian Rhapsody. Basically the band played around old concert footage from 1986 and you can really see and hear what a talent Freddie was compared to Paul Rogers (no disrespect to Mr. Rogers, he's great with Bad Company). Overall I am glad they are still touring and keeping busy but I do miss Freddie.
    I saw them live (with Freddie, not paul) and they opened with "We Will Rock You". The ENTIRE place was shaking. I will never forget it. What a show

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I have to agree about Paul Rodgers.
    But then, I can't think of a single person who could fill those shoes.
    Nobody can... which is why Paul Rogers works, he's not an imitator

and I totally envy you... I never got to see Freddie live

Lisamarie Guest

Smile

Dont you guys think its funny here are bands now days like white stripes who cant tour due to anixity,...yet are seen at clubs ...bla bla bla..you know what Im trying to say or stupid Britney opening at the VMAs and then there is Freddie ...who commanded the stage ! And you know towards the end he was not feeling well and yet he put his very soul into his shows! They were almost religiouse! There will never be another like him ..he was one of a kind...so before his time ! I mean he was doing the whole black nail polish thing before it was in....What I mean is now day we have these stupid " entertainers" and I use that term loosley...who get paid millions to do what they love! And still cannot put on half the show Freddie did. Can you imagine Freddie opening the VMAs ? I mean he would have killed it! I have a theary on Freddie and it goes like this....He was one of those angels in heavan that God let shine down on us for just a brief time...long enough to know what we had in him , long enough to know just how truly special and talented he really was...and then took him back....because afterall ...whats heavan without is brightest star?? Dont you dare laugh at me people !!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I don't know if this was a local Salt lake city thing but when Freddie passed some "jerk off" DJ kept playing Queen's "Another one bites the dust". He was referencing another AIDS patient biting the dust!

I think it was just a local station here in Salt Lake...What an asshole DJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone else hear about that?
    WHAT? man, that guy should have been dragged out from behind that booth and had his ass whooped for being a dickhead. there is NO reason to condem a person for being gay. or joke about AIDS in any way, shape or form. this guy WILL have his day with God. and he better be ready for it.

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirl1967 View Post
    Kinda the reason I bought the book.....I enjoyed the invasiveness, in a weird way . It gave me a side of his life you don't get out of articles.

And I'm holding on to it if the movie on his life with J. Depp comes out, I can re-eBay it for $$$$. Amazon has them for $105 at the lowest price right now as it is out of print. If I get a chance I'll nab another for resell. I guess I am guilty of peddling the dirt.........
    HHHmmm might need to dig mine outta storage lol

RoRo Guest
    Lisamarie no laughs here that was very well said! I also got to see Freddie live waaay back in 78-79 and my sister tells people I never took my eyes off Freddie...I wanted to marry him when I grew up ( I was 8 ) and ya know if he was still with I probably still would gay or not lol...I treasure my t-shirts from those shows...great memories!

Maza Guest
    I saw Queen on their "Its a kinda magic" tour at Newcastle in England,
    Can't quite remember the date between 1986-1990.
    The concert was held in a Football/Soccer stadium and it was a sellout.
    I can honestly say it was the best concert ever, Freddie was just a brilliant entertainer.
    I also saw a documentary about him many years ago and he seemed a really nice person as well.

I liked Queen and Mercury- but Freddie's teeth always bothered me.

Sorry to be so shallow.

Maza Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post

Sorry to be so shallow.

Ha, I remember that now, he was not a bad looking guy until he opened his mouth to speak and

sorry to be so shallow too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I saw Queen on their "Its a kinda magic" tour at Newcastle in England,
    Can't quite remember the date between 1986-1990.
    The concert was held in a Football/Soccer stadium and it was a sellout.
    I can honestly say it was the best concert ever, Freddie was just a brilliant entertainer.
    I also saw a documentary about him many years ago and he seemed a really nice person as well.
    On July 9, 1986 they played at Saint James Park in Newcastle, UK... that must have been the show you saw because 1986 was their last year as a touring band. Check out the ticket... does it bring back memories?

Last edited by Jason; 10-23-2007 at 07:48 AM.

Sorry to be so shallow.
    They bothered him as well... not quite sure why he never had em fixed, maybe superstitious, maybe just never got around to it? who knows. I never let that get in the way of his art but to each their own.

Maza Guest
    On July 9, 1986 they played at Saint James Park in Newcastle, UK... that must have been the show you saw because 1986 was their last year as a touring band. Check out the ticket... does it bring back memories?

It does bring back happy memories
    I also remember Inxs was supposed to support Queen that day with Quo but something happened with their equipment. so we got Zeno instead.
    Inxs came on and just did a bow to the crowd.

It does bring back happy memories
    I also remember Inxs was supposed to support Queen that day with Quo but something happened with their equipment. so we got Zeno instead.
    Inxs came on and just did a bow to the crowd.
    aww man, INXS would have been awesome... they were a great band!

Lisamarie Guest
    My family did not have the money to fix my crooked teeth when I was younger and I remeber watching a show with Freddie and asking my mom why he always coverd his mouth when he laughed and she told me cause his bad teeth l...and for someone like myself it was a comfort. I was made fun of allot in school and dealt with allot of cruel kids....and now Im an adult and I still have crooked teeth...it takes something ya now to face people and with this day in age people can pay to be perfect and zoom whitening and veneers and all that stuff....so I cant imagine to be famouse and have cameras and the scrutiny of the media and fans... It can really weigh on you.....it dose me...so you know I look up to him and say to myself look Lisamarie he made it and he was famouse ...so can you..I cover my mouth when I laugh and smile tho...kindof like Freddie....Im saving money to have them fixed one day..but ya know its hard for a working girl on her own...but one day I will have that pretty smile one day....but ya know if I dont Im still a kind sweet person. I think its a shame so many people judge on looks . I hope one day we all can move pass that.

Sometimes I think people can't help being judgmental, it's like a safety for people who try and screen who they let in and out of their lives. I think to find Freddie's teeth to be odd is a normal reaction because they were different compared to most artists teeth... but to judge him and let it get in the way of who he was as an artist is just dumb.
    Last edited by Jason; 10-24-2007 at 07:05 AM.

SlippyInvader Guest
    I didn't think his teeth were that bad. I guess it couldn't have really bothered him that much otherwise he'd have got them fixed and it's not as if he couldn't afford it. I suppose they became his trademark over the years and would have looked weird if he'd have got them done. I guess it's same as Madonna..She's always had a gap in her teeth and it would look strange now if she got rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    I didn't think his teeth were that bad. I guess it couldn't have really bothered him that much otherwise he'd have got them fixed and it's not as if he couldn't afford it. I suppose they became his trademark over the years and would have looked weird if he'd have got them done. I guess it's same as Madonna..She's always had a gap in her teeth and it would look strange now if she got rid of it.
    Yeah the trademark thing is probably the reason... look at Donald Trump, you mean to tell me this guy can't get a better hair style? he doesn't want to because he's superstitious of changing anything that he had when he hit it big.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Yeah the trademark thing is probably the reason... look at Donald Trump, you mean to tell me this guy can't get a better hair style? he doesn't want to because he's superstitious of changing anything that he had when he hit it big.
    LOL Yeah with all his cash you'd have thought he'd have a different barnet

tngirl1967 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    HHHmmm might need to dig mine outta storage lol
    Keep an eye on Amazon & eBay on the prices and how many are up for grabs, I am holding onto mine for a while but I will part with it for the right $

Sometimes I think people can't help being judgmental, it's like a safety for people who try and screen who they let in and out of their lives. I think to find Freddie's teeth to be odd is a normal reaction because they were different compared to most artists teeth... but to judge him and let it get in the way of who he was as an artist is just dumb.
    I think he was an amazing artist- I was just being honest. I am in no way perfect either, and I wasn't passing judgement on him at all. I just remember being taken quite aback the first time I saw a picture of him smiling with his mouth open.

unit880 Guest
    I have a gap in my front teeth that bothered me for years. My parents couldn't afford to fix it. I now can afford to have it fixed, but have chosen not to. It makes me, me...

Anyway, Freddie never had his fixed because he thought it would change his voice and the way he talked/sang. Ever notice how someone has had their teeth pulled and they talk different? That 's the way Freddie felt. I could definitely understand the fear...That's how he made his living.

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    My family did not have the money to fix my crooked teeth when I was younger and I remeber watching a show with Freddie and asking my mom why he always coverd his mouth when he laughed and she told me cause his bad teeth l...and for someone like myself it was a comfort. I was made fun of allot in school and dealt with allot of cruel kids....and now Im an adult and I still have crooked teeth...it takes something ya now to face people and with this day in age people can pay to be perfect and zoom whitening and veneers and all that stuff....so I cant imagine to be famouse and have cameras and the scrutiny of the media and fans... It can really weigh on you.....it dose me...so you know I look up to him and say to myself look Lisamarie he made it and he was famouse ...so can you..I cover my mouth when I laugh and smile tho...kindof like Freddie....Im saving money to have them fixed one day..but ya know its hard for a working girl on her own...but one day I will have that pretty smile one day....but ya know if I dont Im still a kind sweet person. I think its a shame so many people judge on looks . I hope one day we all can move pass that.
    I hear you - it was the same for me. Mama was a single mom until I was about 10 - and it was hard for her - no dental insurance then. My teeth were a mess. When I was older and started working, it took me years of dental work to get them as nice as they are today! I was always so embarrased of my smile as a kid. NO smiling school pics for me.

I think he was an amazing artist- I was just being honest. I am in no way perfect either, and I wasn't passing judgement on him at all. I just remember being taken quite aback the first time I saw a picture of him smiling with his mouth open.
    I understand, I was just saying in general. It's funny how at first something may look different but after you get to know and love the individual it suddenly becomes a part of them and no longer is different.

Lisamarie Guest
    hey darrianne Im sending a big crooked smile your way! Love ya girl! See we were doin the posh pout before it was cool!!!!

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    See we were doin the posh pout before it was cool!!!!

BA HA HA HA HA HA.
    Posh pout!
    Love it

knothere Guest
    Name:  fredd1.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  4.3 KB Name:  fred2.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  2.9 KB Name:  fred3.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  4.1 KB

GrinReaper Guest
    Queen rocks the house at Live Aid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDckgX3oU_w

They were one of, if not, THE best act on that day.

GrinReaper Guest
    A bunch of prisoners dancing to Radio Ga Ga
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAVVVMcTShQ

Maza Guest
    Great live aid Clip Grinreaper,
    brings back memories

GrinReaper Guest
    Great live aid Clip Grinreaper,
    brings back memories
    cool. Glad to help.
    And if you look and click to the right you can catch all the other parts too.

Lisamarie Guest
    look at how cute he is !!! Thankyou for posting those wonderful freddie pics...I love him so much!

knothere Guest
    yup hes very handsome love him 4 ever n ty

knothere Guest
    jeepers grinreaper
    wet eys n chills man he was powerfull the whole crowd kept with his exact hand jestures

Freddie's Death Anniversary is coming up... November 24th. So go stand outside, raise your arms and clap a few times for Freddie

Lisamarie Guest
    I was just thinking that ! I miss him and now with Brian May being all brilliant and stuff .....I still love Freddie the most ....Just adore him...for his death day anniversry lets all wear our favorite spandex body suit!

knothere Guest
    hahahhahaah i got the sweat shirt too

knothere Guest
    16 long years with out him

A couple of years ago I was working for a company designing a resort on Zanzibar and happened to stop by a bar near Stone Town wich was named in his honour:

http://community.iexplore.com/planning/journalEntryDining.asp?JournalID=35895&EntryID=21807&n=Mercury's

The bar is a dump, but not the resort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007258D-zamani.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	1456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007258F-zamani.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	1457  
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Jazbabee Guest
    A lot of people have dental fear .....who knows, maybe Freddie couldnt stand the thought of the dentist ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    A lot of people have dental fear .....who knows, maybe Freddie couldnt stand the thought of the dentist ?
    I really think it was a fear of changing his voice. He was very self conscious of his teeth and I am pretty certain that if he wasn't making a living on his voice those teeth would have been history.

Maybe he was just comfortable with who he was, teeth and all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

straight from the horses mouth... "I don't like the way my teeth protrude. I'm going to have them done, but I just haven't had the time. Apart from that... I'm perfect."

for more Mercury quotes click here.

Well there you go. No argument from me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah I totally forgot about that quote... guess it puts all the theories to rest. Although I can't imagine not getting around to fixing something that bothers you when you have millions of dollars, maybe he did just grow to accept them.

I expect he was just too busy. Major Orthodontic work involves quite a few regular sittings based upon a schedule. If you are touring, have media appointments etc then it can be difficult. However Keith Richards obviously found the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HydeParkKeith9.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	1463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KeithGSa 8.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	1464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keithlong.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	1465  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 11-21-2007 at 08:11 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL... yeah good point, Queen were never sitting on their asses long enough for Freddie to have major dental work.

mgpm Guest
    I saw Queen twice with Freddie, and once without. Freddie was fantastic. Just wonderful.

I thought Paul Rodgers did an OK job....I thought the band paid tribute to Freddie throughout the concert and he wasn't forgotten.

I've loved Queen since I was a teenager.

MIKA could sing a Queen song like Freddie. He's the only artist I know who could do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by mgpm View Post
    MIKA could sing a Queen song like Freddie. He's the only artist I know who could do it justice.
    Has MIKA ever covered a Queen song? my vote would go to George Michael but I never heard MIKA doing Queen. I own MIKA's album and felt a lot of his work was over the top just for the sake of it (not very genuine) but I would love to hear him do a Queen tune.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Like so many queens, Freddie was on drugs. And that is what killed Freddy. Drugs. Both pharma and rec. Including poppers & MJ. Including AZT and other "HIV/AID$" drugs. Learn the facts about the "HIV/AID$" hoax:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/culshaw1.html

Anybody going to run out and pick this new DVD/CD up? I have it on my Netflix... can't wait to see the new digital transfer and DTS sound. Brian May said it took 70 G5 computers and 1 month to get this transfer as good as it could possibly be.

<Trivia: one of the dates for this concert was Nov 24, 1981... exactly 10 years to the day that Freddie passed>