Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,600 of 2790

Thread: Kurt Cobain

with all due respect Frances was only less than 2 in 1994...she only knows what Courtney & Wendy Kurts sister have said among many magazines too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    with all due respect Frances was only less than 2 in 1994...she only knows what Courtney & Wendy Kurts sister have said among many magazines too
    Yeah. That's true. But I don't think she needed to know him to be angry he killed himself and say what she said in that quote. More than putting him down I think her comment is speaking more to anyone out there thinking of killing themselves. Letting them know that that decision hurts others and does so for a long long time. That's how I took the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Yeah. That's true. But I don't think she needed to know him to be angry he killed himself and say what she said in that quote. More than putting him down I think her comment is speaking more to anyone out there thinking of killing themselves. Letting them know that that decision hurts others and does so for a long long time. That's how I took the quote.

no no no don't get me wrong I do agree! 110%. There was a tweet from someone who kind of praised suicide from a celebrity & Frances Bean tweeted herself and said basically do not glamourize suicide. its not something that is a beneficial thing. ... Good for Frances!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with F. Bean. He took the easy way out and I hate Nirvana. She and I agree totally.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I agree with F. Bean. He took the easy way out and I hate Nirvana. She and I agree totally.
    Great post McCourt... completely agree... I too hate Nirvana. Blech...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Everything she has said about her dad and Nirvana makes her sound... ah I don't even have the heart to finish that sentence.

Her father was sick in the head and if she indeed did say that suicide is "the easy way out" I can only shake my head at the ignorance as I lost my father to suicide aswell and know first hand it's not that simple.
    Last edited by beep; 04-10-2015 at 11:16 PM.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

I couldn't agree with you more, beep. He was not right in the head and I am sure he 100% believed the statement he made that Courtney and Frances would be better off without him. Of course he was wrong, but he was not thinking straight, he was not well. I hope she gains some more understanding as she matures.

I'm not real sure how sick he was. Dope sick maybe. If he had tried to get help and struggled with it you might be right. He ran away from treatment though. He had a baby and a wife. He was just a selfish, drug addicted pussy that did take the easy way out.

I completely get where she is coming from. I was 6 and the cause is still pretty much unknown, he also took someone else out with him. It runs on both sides of my family, and I honestly don't believe it is that easy.

I often wonder how Lourdes Ciccone, Hailey Mathers, Paris Jackson, & Frances B would get along.stuck on an island.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I often wonder how Lourdes Ciccone, Hailey Mathers, Paris Jackson, & Frances B would get along.stuck on an island.....

A daily 4some. Guaranteed!

I'm not real sure how sick he was. Dope sick maybe. If he had tried to get help and struggled with it you might be right. He ran away from treatment though. He had a baby and a wife. He was just a selfish, drug addicted pussy that did take the easy way out.
    He thought he was doing everyone a favor by killing himself, that's how sick in the head he was. I wouldn't call that selfish.

Things aren't just as simple as calling him a selfish pussy I don't think.
    Last edited by beep; 04-11-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    He thought he was doing everyone a favor by killing himself, that's how sick in the head he was. I wouldn't call that selfish.

Maybe he felt that way. It could also just be him trying to justify it. I don't think all suicides are the same. Like Robin Williams for example. I don't put him in the selfish pussy category. He fought his depression for years and years. He stayed until his children were grown. Cobain did 2 days in a rehab before he bailed. I would also say Cobain's situation was brought on by his drug use. At the very least the Heroin contributed greatly to his situation. He came up with that bullshit story about having stomach pain that doctors couldn't find the reason for and only heroin stopped the pain... *eye roll*... convenient eh? Like bullshit justification for being a junky. I could be wrong about his suicide being the act of a selfish pussy, but that's how I feel.

He came up with that bullshit story about having stomach pain that doctors couldn't find the reason for and only heroin stopped the pain... *eye roll*...
    Enlighten us all. Why is it bullshit?

Enlighten us all. Why is it bullshit?
    I'm guessing you have no experience with drug abuse. If you don't understand why that's bullshit I don't know what to tell ya.

People don't have sympathy for people who aren't right in the head enough to end their lives, so they say "its the easy way out, selfish" .... lack of emotions from some people. There are no rules for suicide. There is no "right" way of committing suicide.... Suicide has to do with a mental disorder/depression/psyche ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a somewhat odd view of suicide. Once someone is over the age of 18, its completely up to them to decide what they do to themselves. I honestly don't care. Once you bring a child into the world, you're supposed to be unselfish enough to consider them first. However, having lived with debilitating constant pain for over a decade, I can tell you that people in pain don't want to die, they just can't take it any more. When people say God doesn't give us more than we can handle definitely didn't factor that in. Sometimes its too much.
    Minerva

When Kurt Cobain played the finished version of the Nirvana album “Nevermind” for his mother, Wendy O’Connor, in the summer of 1991, she almost cried. Not so much out of joy, but out of fear.

Sensing it was a game-changer for the as-yet-undistinguished punk group, she told her son, “You better buckle up, because you are not ready for this.” As the new film Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck explores, she was tragically on the nose.

“One of things that often gets played up in depictions of him is Kurt as the victim, he was not a victim. The choices he made were his own — both in his drug abuse and suicide. Nobody forced him to do anything.” - Charles R. Cross, who knew the musician from the Seattle music scene and who wrote the Cobain biography “Heavier Than Heaven.”

The film premieres at New York’s Tribeca Film Festival on Sunday.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1227310179498
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 04-19-2015 at 04:50 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

and the ongoing...."he was selfish" "he was a junkie" con't....
    I think he had (or the drugs had) convinced him that frances would be better off without him. she wasn't of course.
    now, as to rehabs....that was kurt's seventh rehab.
    the stomach pain......hell I don't know what it was. he blew enough money on tests for hunting the cause. if he wanted to justify taking heroin, why do the tests?
    bought the RS magazine, read the full article....and those comments that the press choose to blow out of proportion......were a very small part of the interview.
    she stated that she had more empathy for kurt now....after going through those belongings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	52606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10t.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	52607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nmv84i96Wj1rhqumko1_500.png 
Size:	369.8 KB 
ID:	52608   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12g.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	52609  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6p.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	52610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6h.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	52611  
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

If he had ongoing stomach pain that doctors couldn't find (and we may never know), he should have tried a second or third doctor.
    They could have at least tried conventional pain killers. I live in constant pain and take a couple prescriptions every day. They don't take away all the pain, but usually help enough so I can think of something other than the pain. Sometimes I'm in agony but I know its not permanent and that helps. Kurt maybe didn't think that was possible for him, but it was.
    Minerva

This is Frances Bean Cobain (and formerly hard-partying mother Courtney Love) at the latest red carpet event for her father's documentary, "Montage of Heck." Needless to say, the poor girl looks like she needs to be physically supported by her mother, and needless to say, she bears a striking resemblance to her late father, Kurt Cobain, during his more fragile days.

Let's hope that this documentary isn't too much for her -- and that the public appearances aren't weighing too heavily on her -- because the last thing we need is for a young woman who seems so well-adjusted, despite her upbringing, to fall by the wayside and not receive the proper care and fostering that a young woman needs so desperately.

Read more: http://www.fishwrapper.com/post/2015...#ixzz3Y3j3jeVn
    Minerva

Currently showing in cinemas, the new documentary Montage of Heck claims to offer the most intimate glimpse yet into the life of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain.
    But one Los Angeles resident can offer fans an even more intense taste of the singer's life, by letting them sleep in his house.
    Cobain lived in this two bedroom apartment on Spaulding Avenue in L.A.'s Fairfax district during the height of Nirvana-mania.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...#ixzz3YGUR6W6r
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Minerva

I didn't realize Frances B is very very thin & I hope she hasn't & will not have work done. She should be proud of her long Irish chin!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frances weighs around 103 pounds and is 5'5"
    which is too damn thin.
    Montage of heck will be on HBO on may 4th!

Name:	tumblr_nndjqimFU31rdifglo3_540.png 
Size:	305.6 KB 
ID:	52624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19d.JPG 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	52625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1d.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	52626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.JPG 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	52627  

Name:	4 (2).JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	52628  
    Last edited by phineas117; 04-27-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

Bizarre moment Kurt Cobain dressed up as Hitler in a wedding dress to defend his 'hag' wife Courtney Love in never-before-seen video footage

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3YeQD0xSV
    Minerva

actually, they were making fun ( I thought) of a letter that some girl wrote in to "sassy" magazine...about how she loved kurt and hated courtney.

Name:	tumblr_nmxbbyrUm81ql2gqdo1_540.jpg 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	52643   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nnmob9RMBT1tc0107o4_1280.jpg 
Size:	218.9 KB 
ID:	52642   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CDi7LbYUEAAlq3j.jpg 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	52644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nnjje4xCDR1rngbmho1_540.png 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	52645  

Name:	21k.JPG 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	52646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6z.JPG 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	52647  

Reminder: Montage of Heck is on HBO tonight. 8:00 p.m., central time.
    Minerva

and of course, I watched. I personally liked it a great deal.

Name:	10h.JPG 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	52661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 (4).jpg 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	52662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	52663   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14c.JPG 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	52664  

Name:	19i.JPG 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	52665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7b.JPG 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	52666  

Great look into Kurt's world. So sad he couldn't figure out his stomach ailment (and it started BEFORE his heroine use). He ad lo to be angry about. He just wanted to be loved. Courtney was the epitome of what he did not need, in every aspect of his life. She did him in, if not physically, then mentally. He was more sensitive than most. Unfortunate we didn't get to see what else he could have produced later on.

He kept saying he didn't want to be the voice of a generation, but during the induction ceremony for the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame they repeatedly called him just that. The audience didn't seem too pleased Courtney was there either.
    Minerva

I watched Montage Of Heck... twice. Where to begin. I think it basically just reinforced my original opinion of him. I once heard a historian say about Jesse James, "the more I learn about him the more I don't like him". That's kind of how I feel about Cobain. I don't see how anyone could watch it and not have a lesser opinion of him. The bit where he was nodding while Frances was on his lap is an example. And I am a huge Nirvana fan. I was the Gen X slacker he was singing to and about. Just some thoughts...

1) The stomach ailment was a myth... aka a lie. He made it sound like he went to scores of doctors and no one could find a reason for it and it was so debilitating that he couldn't live with it. In the movie he clearly wrote that the pain came from not eating and having a terrible diet. No mystery. Also taking heroin for a tummy ache is like taking propofol as a sleeping aide. I don't understand why the fangirls and fanboys hold on to this myth with an iron grasp. He took heroin because he liked getting high. That's it.

2) He wasn't a victim. He wasn't some Angel only looking for love. It's clear from his early life he was spoiled rotten and that's the reason he became a complete brat. His mother basically said as much. He was the first grandchild. Did you see all the relative there just for him in the home movies? Sheesh. The only person in his life that did try to instill some discipline was his father and his mother quickly put an end to that and destroyed the family with divorce because she was selfish.

3) Everything about him was hypocritical. People were saying how he was so sensitive and any criticism tore him apart, yet he turned around and made fun of every band he could. He didn't want fame yet his writings show that's a lie. He had it planned out!!. He hated the musical corporate machine, yet he took part in it as much as he could. I noticed he didn't give the money back lol After Nevermind he could have fallen back, lived very comfortably off that, put out music when he wanted without all the hub bub and world tours, but he decided to come right back for more after his 6 month heroin binge.

4) He was a pig. He basically raped a mentally disabled girl. Well he tried to rape her. Would have if he could have kept it up. He learned very early to use people. The woman he mooched off of until he started to make it a bit and then he abandoned by just not coming home. Looking for love... ha!! He was looking for people that would put up with his shit for a little while.

5) He loved his family. He loved his daughter. Yet according to his writing he had no desire to be clean. Not even the desire. Not even willing to try. The only person Kurt ever loved was himself and when he got bored with his junkie self he killed the only person he ever gave a shit about... Kurt.

6) He was lyrical genius and I'll always love his music.

luckyinlove Guest
    I watched it. I got bored.

"Soaked in Bleach" - Kurt Cobain Murder docudrama: Trailer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7275846.html
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    "Soaked in Bleach" - Kurt Cobain Murder docudrama: Trailer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7275846.html
    Ugh. Leeches still sucking up dollars for the same bullshit.

I wouldn't go as far to say Kurt didn't love his daughter although even when Frances was presenting the film she didn't say "my dad" she just said "Kurt" so that was odd to me. And Kurt had a strained relationship with his dad-even hated him. Not Wendy. There was a Christmas photo of Courtney, Kurt & Wendy at I assume Wendy's house in Courtney Love: The Real Story. Also there is Heavier than Heaven. I don't know everything about Kurt but there are other sources & 2 sides to every story I suppose.

Last edited by Tiffany; 05-14-2015 at 08:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Its sad but in that picture of Frances and Courtney together, I see two people with the deadest eyes ever.
    Minerva

Xiroi Guest
    Being in front of a bunch of cameras is not exactly comfortable for those who don't like it (speaking out of experience) and I have the feeling Frances doesn't.

I see a young woman with an amazing 80's inspired make up (the dark 80's I love so much, not the legwarmer/aerobic/neon clothes 80's) who looks like a mix of her mother's and father's features. Plus blue eyes sometimes look odd in pics if under an intense light (again my own experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Xiroi View Post
    Being in front of a bunch of cameras is not exactly comfortable for those who don't like it (speaking out of experience) and I have the feeling Frances doesn't.

I see a young woman with an amazing 80's inspired make up (the dark 80's I love so much, not the legwarmer/aerobic/neon clothes 80's) who looks like a mix of her mother's and father's features. Plus blue eyes sometimes look odd in pics if under an intense light (again my own experience).
    heck no. Shes a lot like her dad in that sense. I thought years ago she'd be like her mom & want to have attention 24/7 any way she knows how..... boy was I wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xiroi Guest
    heck no. Shes a lot like her dad in that sense. I thought years ago she'd be like her mom & want to have attention 24/7 any way she knows how..... boy was I wrong.
    What do you mean no? I said I don't think she looks comfortable being in front of a lot of cameras,

As for her looks, I do see a mixture of Courtney's and Kurt's features in hers. A girl that looks like her parents: nothing extraordinary in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiroi View Post
    What do you mean no? I said I don't think she looks comfortable being in front of a lot of cameras,

As for her looks, I do see a mixture of Courtney's and Kurt's features in hers. A girl that looks like her parents: nothing extraordinary in any case.

No I was agreeing with you. Heck no to the point that she didn't like or feel comfortable in front of the cameras.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

41. 06-07-2015, 02:16 PM

This is Jared Leto from quite a few years ago and instantly I thought of Kurt Cobain it's a little eerie how similar they look here of course once he takes off the sunglasses you'd see the difference

And on a side note did I upload this picture wrong?

Name:	54bb381857e82_-_hbz-jared-leto-2009-feb.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	52744  

I actually liked MOH. didn't learn anything new, but really didn't expect to.
    yeah, now Soaked in Bleach is coming out.
    I can't stand tom grant.
    why? this investigator didn't look in the greenhouse! it's in plain view (or was) from the driveway!
    on another note, dave grohl fell off the stage with the Foo Fighters (sweden) and broke his leg. damn, dave! you aren't 20 anymore!

Name:	tumblr_nphbn3n57R1rhqumko1_540.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	52772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mqdefault.jpg 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	52771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BzKkxEtCMAA_RnU.jpg 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	52770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10933762_882681461790108_1995164396269163675_n.png 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	52769  

Name:	tumblr_nosgj7It081qfxupzo1_540.jpg 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	52773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large (2).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	52774  

Name:	2 (3).JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	52785   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abcdefg (2).JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	52786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmm.JPG 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	52787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d.jpeg 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	52788  

Name:	m (2).JPG 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	52789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmmm.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	52790  

luckyinlove Guest

luckyinlove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    Aberdeen 6/18/25

endsleigh03 Guest
    Just finished an older book by Charles Cross (Heavier Than Heaven). My, oh my, Obviously Charles Cross and Courtney are, or were, friends. She floats like an innocent butterfly thru most of the book. Gag.
    Also, the death scene by the author, he sure as hell doesn't know what was going thru Cobains mind as he went out that door and in to the greenhouse.

I despise that kind of writing.

so glad you agree with me about HTH. Cross was actually friends with kurt also.....having been the editor of "the rocket " in Seattle.
    but I hated that entire chapter about kurt's death. like you were THERE? no one knows what kurt did or thought.
    damn.
    luckyinlove, GREAT picture. typical Aberdeen, no? overcast and dark!

Name:	large (2).jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	52795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kurt_sao_1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	52796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nooimbP0RD1uvo7w2o1_400.jpg 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	52797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gggggggggggg.JPG 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	52798  

Name:	nirvana-the-chosen-rejects-4-cd-set-demo-live-8ae4.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	52799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_np944xMUmA1rhqumko1_500.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	52800  

endsleigh03 Guest
    Phineas, do you know of any other books that aren't so slanted towards Courtney? Oh, and that don't presume to know the unknowable (like the greenhouse walk and subsequent thoughts once there)?

I'm on a bit of a Kurt binge, just saw Montage of Heck a few weeks ago.

luckyinlove Guest
    I go to Aberdeen a lot. Almost always grey and rainy.

I just finished watched "Soaked in Beach." You can watch it on line for free.
    Here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVL9h58KkBw

It was really interesting.
    Minerva