Thread: Vincente Minelli

Vincente Minnelli

He was a VERY talented man. Did you know he got his start here in NYC at Radio City Music Hall doing sets and costumes? I saw the Rockettes on Christmas and they still do his "March of the Wooden Soldiers" number.
    I loved his movies, too.
    Last edited by joplinfrk; 11-15-2007 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Could you please fix the spelling of his name mr. administrator? Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

poppie Guest
    Liza with a Z was his best production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoRo Guest
    Very talented man and I agree with poppie Liza is great ...well except for her lapse in judgement concerning David Gest

scootershort Guest
    anybody seen pics of David Gest lately?? Looks like Liza with a Z really worked him over when she beat the shit out of him... or so he claimed.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Liza's father was a queen,

All of Liza's husbands were queens.

Judy's father was a queen

Most of Judy's husbands were queens

How come?

poppie Guest
    It must be genetic.

Kathyf Guest
    I think he and judy met on the Wizard of oz set.He died at the age of 83 from Alzheimer's disease, and was interred in the Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Burbank, California. He is survived by his British-born wife Lee Anderson Minnelli (born c. 1907). His widow sued Minnelli's daughter Liza over a controversy relating to Liza declining to pay the bills on her Beverly Hills home which Liza (allegedly under the influence of her then husband David Gest) wished to sell, in order to move her stepmother into alternate--cheaper--accommodations. Lee eventually dropped the lawsuit.

Vamp Guest
    I always found it ironic that both Judy and Liza married gay men.

Sam Guest
    Wasn't Vincent known to wear green eye shadow????

NOVSTORM Guest
    I still don't see why Liza was responsible for the step mothers home. I would think that Vincent would have had enough money to support the step mother? Never did hear anymore about it I wonder if Liza sold it?

Ms. Black Guest
    My favorite collaboration between him and Judy is Meet Me In St. Louis. I absolutely love that movie.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    Liza with a Z was his best production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Methinks that was Bob Fosse....

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I always found it ironic that both Judy and Liza married gay men.
    Judy's dad was at least bi, so one author said.

i always thot vincente minelli was so scary looking, and i hate to say it, but liza got all of her parent's ruffer features...
    pull the string!

Judy loved her baby girl...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fg14.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	7410  

And she loved her mama!

Name:	judyliz.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	7411  

IIRC, he first worked with Judy on The Easter Parade, another great movie he directed.

Sam Guest
    Here's a photo of his house taken in 1979.

Name:	8-10-2008-09.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	307.5 KB 
ID:	9304  

Lisamarie Guest
    poor Judy.....

I know, Lisamarie...isn't it heartbreaking? God, she needed help; I'm just sorry that they didn't have the resources to help and understand addiction like they do now. Oh, well...at least her kids are TRYING to stay clean.

Layla331 Guest
    great post.im such a judy fan..and LOVED Vincents movies ..Liza is also fascinating to me...she seems to fight the demons her mom did..i hope she beats em

Have you read Lorna's book, Layla? I love that despite what people thought, Judy was quite the optimist and always saw the silver lining in bad situations. I LOVE Judy. LOVE LOVE LOVE...and...we are finally going to get to see Liza in February!

Layla331 Guest
    Dam im jealous...id love to see her,.,..and just saw pics of her rehearsal for her tour..she looks AMAZING...i havent read the book but just looked on amazon for it..im defiently going to get it...where are you going to see her...i can't wait to hear about it!

Overtaxed Guest
    Whatever became of Joey Luft? Certainly stayed outr the limelight, unlike either of his sisters. Anyone know if he's striaght of gay?

I believe that Joey became a photographer and is straight. I also know that he followed the family fold recently and was busted buying Cocaine from undercover cops here in Central Park. What a fucking shame... He has his mom's eyes, but his dad's hairline. Oh, well...at least he can still say that his mother is/was Judy Garland.

lobosco107 Guest
    Judy Garland would bang anyone.

But Vincente Minnelli was a great director.

Noelle Page Guest
    Vincente had, I think, quite a solid art/design background....he was very visual, and his movies are therefore very lush and beautiful to look at.

If you go to Radio City music Hall, you can just "feel" that he was there. In fact, the Rockettes still wear the tin soldier costume that he designed!

Noreen Guest
    Yes, Jop, please post back after the Liza concert, we would love to hear about it!

Judy deserved so much better in life than she got, I loved her.

30. 11-01-2008, 01:53 AM

Reason
    Spam