Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: How about the Worst song you ever heard?

LitaMalibu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Without a doubt, Wake Me Up Before You GoGo....by Wham.

The sorriest POS ever.

What about "Wham Rap"? Holy moly... I'll take Wake Me Up before that one.
    Oh good god, the video... My eyes!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVqDxlAA9g

burgtwngrl Guest
    anything sung or screamed by yoko ono

guardmom2008 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracyb24 View Post
    Celine Dion's version of AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long Wrong so so so wrong!
    I agree.

WriterDude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    "Fox on the run"

Anything by the Bay City Rollers.

I would name a few Led Zep songs, but am afraid of being hunted down and killed.
    Naw, I'm a pretty big Zep-head, and "D'yer Maker" is one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever heard. Not a big fan of "I'm Gonna Crawl", either. Not all of us are raving lunatics. (Although you should talk w/ King Tut; he's encountered a few of them.)

But for my money, the worst ever is "What's Going On" by 4 Non Blondes. I'd rather listen to chickens being boiled alive.

King Tut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    I would name a few Led Zep songs, but am afraid of being hunted down and killed.
    ^^You think that's funny, and it is, but... I wrote an article for a news rag about Zep where I was critical about them in a few areas and no shit, I received several threats to have my ass kicked and even one to kill me.

That having been said: I'm not afraid of those bastards so here's my Zep list (and I'm a LZ fan, it's just certain songs that drive me nuts): Kashmir makes my head explode, it sounds like a Yanni song with John Bonham on drums. When The Levee Breaks drones on forever in the same fashion. Trampled Underfoot sounds like (no, make that IS) a white boy ripoff of Stevie W's Superstition with John Bonham on drums. Plus I personally find Plant vocals whiny on occasions too numerous to mention. Lots of other obscure LZ tunes that are unlistenable disasters (Hats Off To Harper, The Crunge, Lemon Song, I'm Gonna Crawl, etc.). I'm a big Zep fan, I just don't give them the free pass like most Zep Heads do. Now come and kick my ass or kill me.

RubySlippers Guest
    i have a lot of issues with folk music like carly simon. i think her songs are annoying. "you're so vain". gag me with a spoon - blech.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
    ^^You think that's funny, and it is, but... I wrote an article for a news rag about Zep where I was critical about them in a few areas and no shit, I received several threats to have my ass kicked and even one to kill me.

That having been said: I'm not afraid of those bastards so here's my Zep list (and I'm a LZ fan, it's just certain songs that drive me nuts): Kashmir makes my head explode, it sounds like a Yanni song with John Bonham on drums. When The Levee Breaks drones on forever in the same fashion. Trampled Underfoot sounds like (no, make that IS) a white boy ripoff of Stevie W's Superstition with John Bonham on drums. Plus I personally find Plant vocals whiny on occasions too numerous to mention. Lots of other obscure LZ tunes that are unlistenable disasters (Hats Off To Harper, The Crunge, Lemon Song, I'm Gonna Crawl, etc.). I'm a big Zep fan, I just don't give them the free pass like most Zep Heads do. Now come and kick my ass or kill me.
    i am a zep fan too --- and i totally agree. not everything they touched, turned to gold. i thinks too much coke and too much smoke really helped them to create some real crappy shit.

LitaMalibu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post

That reminds me, my friend stole a Yoko CD from the library back in HS and he used to dance around to some called "Kiss Kiss Kiss". We would just laughed for hours at how horrid that song was. Don't worry, the library didn't miss it.

I wonder if it's on youtube, oh wait it is!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el06R6fwm1U

Tracyb24 Guest
    Anything by wang Chung!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Achey Breaky Heart. Some please put Billy Ray Cyrus out of his misery.

MacArthur Park by Richard Harris
    Up Up and Away (in my beautiful balloon) by who the hell knows.

Fluffy-54 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    ITA, except she's never done anything you could actually call a song!

Have you ever made love while you were watching the late, late show??

Clarence Carter--Strokin'

Aqua Lung- Jethro Tull
    Smoke on the Water- Deep Purple
    American Pie

They're horrible and all of them go on forever.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED ITTTT!!

blah.

The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

STORMIE Guest
    Mariah Carey's remake of "Bringin' On The Heartache" originally by Def Leppard. It made me want to rip my ears from my head.

WriterDude Guest
    For the definitive (meaning "he got paid for this") word on bad songs, here's a plug for one of my favorite guys.

Okay, I have spent the better part of a 30 minutes watching Jan Terri on Youtube. She's ghastly, but I can't stop.............

Here's a live performance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEf30JgP6zY

Meli Guest
    Rehab by Amy Winehouse.... need I explain my reasons?

tydtm Guest
    Leona Lewis--ALL

Crazy by Gnarls Barkley

cherryghost Guest
    Anything by Celine Dion, whitney Houston, mimi cary, coldplay,kylie,U2, really! can we have a whole career of artists we hate thread!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 01-24-2009 at 04:37 AM.

Vintage_Vixen Guest
    Anything by that bimbo, Jessica Simpson and her equally untalented, lip synching sister, Ashlee.
    Also, some of you have already touched on quite possibly some of THE most crappy songs in history....I tend to agree with alot of you, so I won't waste space by quoting!!

Apollonia 6--Sex Shooter

omg - without a doubt - ub40 - "Red Red Wine" - makes Miss Chunk want to drink a bottle of red wine and pass out, argh!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

PetuniaPearl Guest
    the song "Mickey" by Toni Basel (?)
    anything by Nickelback, Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Abba, Air Supply, Celine Dion, Poison, Hootie and the Blowfish, I can go on for days!
    Last edited by PetuniaPearl; 01-24-2009 at 11:02 AM.

PetuniaPearl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tydtm View Post
    Leona Lewis--ALL
    Crazy by Gnarls Barkley
    I aboslutely LOVE this song by Gnarls Barkley!

DitaFatale Guest
    No the worst songs I've ever heard are either this one//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aktLRiWXfqg

or thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8GTmX2G5w
    Unfortunately I think they're not meant to be funny.
    If you don't like a lot of swearing then don't listen, also again NSFW.
    Listen at Your own risk.
    I apoloigize if these have been posted before, I didn't see them

This.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPiHZ...eature=related

Yes, that is Poison, and no, Bret Michaels is not bringing sexy back. And most of that album sucks, on its knees, with a straw. Their cover of the Sweet's 'Little Willy' is okay.
    Last edited by Nessa; 03-24-2009 at 12:50 AM.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

TallulahDahling Guest
    Nessa you crack me up, dahling! (Hate it for Poison fans but I agree totally)

Anywhoo.....back in my dj days my boss gave me a cd he wanted me to put into the system on rotation. I never heard of the band so I listened to the first song and burst into quite a giggle cuz it was soooooooooo bad.
    I will be criticized I'm sure by some because I can't appreciate it since it's before my time but that's just a chance I'll have to take....here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmb69MdeJBc

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    This.

Yes, that is Poison, and no, Bret Michaels is not bringing sexy back. And most of that album sucks, on its knees, with a straw. Their cover of the Sweet's 'Little Willy' is okay.
    hahaha that was funny. Thanks Nessa

rickenbacker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i have a lot of issues with folk music like carly simon. i think her songs are annoying. "you're so vain". gag me with a spoon - blech.
    Ruby, you just haven't heard that song done properly. I prefer this version by Faster Pussycat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP-1G0iha_s

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    Ruby, you just haven't heard that song done properly. I prefer this version by Faster Pussycat!

I much prefer Carly Simon's version although that version from the Faster Pussycat does grow on you after a couple of minutes.

I don't anything about this song, but it makes me want to grab a bottle and pass out with Miss Chunk. Listen at your peril!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayOr5...eature=related
    Last edited by anne; 03-24-2009 at 08:28 AM.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    I don't anything about this song, but it makes me want to grab a bottle and pass out with Miss Chunk. Listen at you peril!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayOr5...eature=related
    ok, now I don't have to have lunch. That was sickening

There's a band I haven't heard in awhile!

- R.H. Sin

"they paved paradise, put up a parking lot"

I wanted to throw my radio out the window (okay I am old, listened to alot of music in the 70s and 80s) and it never failed they would play that stupid song and I wanted to kill myself.

I also USED to hate it when Bye Bye Miss American Pie would come on and I think I aged a year until it ended. In my younger days it was the worst experience to have to hear that song again.

Now I get the significance and I have become such a nostalgia buff that I appreciate the music and the lyrics and significance.

WriterDude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    "they paved paradise, put up a parking lot"

I wanted to throw my radio out the window (okay I am old, listened to alot of music in the 70s and 80s) and it never failed they would play that stupid song and I wanted to kill myself.

I also USED to hate it when Bye Bye Miss American Pie would come on and I think I aged a year until it ended. In my younger days it was the worst experience to have to hear that song again.

Now I get the significance and I have become such a nostalgia buff that I appreciate the music and the lyrics and significance.
    I was also too young to actually get "Big Yellow Taxi" and "American Pie" at the time...

No, wait -- I still don't get a damn thing Joni Mitchell did, except maybe "Help Me".

Pat Bateman Guest

Exclamation Jan Terri Rules

Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    Okay, I have spent the better part of a 30 minutes watching Jan Terri on Youtube. She's ghastly, but I can't stop.............

Here's a live performance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEf30JgP6zY
    The Jan Terri videos are downright addictive.

She dances! She plays guitar and piano!

Is there anything this woman can't do?

Oh...that's right

She can't sing.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    This.

O.M.F.G.

That is all.

simon69 Guest

Lou Bega - Mambo Number Five

Jack'sGirl Guest

Now I liked that! I'm not real keen on the original version, but this one really rocks!

Bet my son would like it!

Thanks rickenbacker, I think I need that on my iPod!

rickenbacker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl View Post
    Now I liked that! I'm not real keen on the original version, but this one really rocks!

Bet my son would like it!

Thanks rickenbacker, I think I need that on my iPod!

Glad you liked it! It's from a 40th anniversary "tribute" to Elektra Records. Current (at the time) Elektra artists doing others songs. It was interesting.
    Metallica doing Stone Cold Crazy (Queen), Georgia Satellites doing Almost Saturday Night (CCR). Some of it was great, some just sucked.

Northern Lights Guest
    I have endless list. One that comes in mind right away is Black Eyed Peas-My humps. I really hate it.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simon69 View Post
    Bad video but I kinda like that song. Hehehe

rickenbacker Guest
    Bad cover time...from the "KISS My A$$" tribute (cough cough) to KISS. Toad The Wet Sprocket doing "Rock And Roll All Nite".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqzs_8lRW0M

MmmRavioli Guest
    I have to laugh, because many of these songs mentioned I LOVE. I was just jamming to "We Built This City" the other day... lmao.

Okay, here goes:

"Midnight At The Oasis" - Maria Muldair

"You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)" by The Beatles

"Realize" (I don't know who sings it, but it's a current song, and she says the word 'realize' at least 200 times in 3-4 minutes.. I groan anytime it comes on.. and I find her musical style thoroughly annoying... she's got another song out that is almost as annoying)

"Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zeppelin

"Hotel California" by Eagles

"Liverpool" by Ringo Starr (God damn, what a cheeseball mess that is)

Many varied things by the Rolling Stones. For me, this band has two extremes - really good or terrible. They rarely fall in between for me.

Britney Spears. I think that goes without saying for most people.

Anything by Third Eye Blind

That's all I can really think of. Considering how much I enjoy music, there aren't many songs that totally drive me nuts. There are many I don't care for, but they don't bug me to the point of making this list.

I don't anything about this song, but it makes me want to grab a bottle and pass out with Miss Chunk. Listen at your peril!
    Anne..OMG...that was horrid.......I don't think I will be going to KFC, Pizza Hut or McDonald's tonight! LOL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

WriterDude Guest
    Bad cover time...from the "KISS My A$$" tribute (cough cough) to KISS. Toad The Wet Sprocket doing "Rock And Roll All Nite".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqzs_8lRW0M
    I was acquainted with these guys years ago. When Glen Phillips told me they were going to be working on a Kiss tribute collaboration, I suggested that "Hard Luck Woman" would be a really good fit for them. He agreed but said it was being done by someone else (turned out to be Garth Brooks), and that they were looking at a few others. When this was served up, I gagged.

However, that Japanese band's (Yoshiki?) take on "Black Diamond" was pretty damn good. Can't remember if I hated the Mighty Mighty Bosstones' ska version of "Detroit Rock City" or not.

But my Toad guys should have stayed away from "RnRAN". Very away.

rickenbacker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
    I was acquainted with these guys years ago. When Glen Phillips told me they were going to be working on a Kiss tribute collaboration, I suggested that "Hard Luck Woman" would be a really good fit for them. He agreed but said it was being done by someone else (turned out to be Garth Brooks), and that they were looking at a few others. When this was served up, I gagged.

However, that Japanese band's (Yoshiki?) take on "Black Diamond" was pretty damn good. Can't remember if I hated the Mighty Mighty Bosstones' ska version of "Detroit Rock City" or not.

But my Toad guys should have stayed away from "RnRAN". Very away.
    Yes, they should have! That whole CD is just so hit and miss. Garth Brooks was a pleasant surprise. Lenny Kravitz on "Deuce" was different. I kind of liked the Bosstones' version. But Toad, man, those guys did not belong on there! I do like them though.