Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: How about the Worst song you ever heard?

Elizabeth Guest

Post Screaming

These songs are sure to make me scream (and not in a good way):

1.) "Milkshake" by Kellis ("my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, their life is better than yours......") This is my all-time least favorite, and of course gets stuck in my head often!!
    2.) "You Light Up My Life" by Debby Boone (that is a popular song on this list--gee, I wonder why)
    3.) Anything by that fergalicious talent Fergie--all of her songs are a major affront to women and any other hearing human being
    4.) "Macarena" by those two old guys (forget their names--bummer) I defy anyone WITHOUT LOOKING ONLINE to tell me what the lyrics are--yeah, I thought so
    4.) Any and every single song that Bob Dylan has and ever will do in his entire lifetime--self-indulgent pieces of crap, sung by someone who sounds like he was taught by Sonny Bono.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    This one makes me want to cut off my ears...
    Make Em Say Uhh - Paster P

Chorus: Make em say,"Ungh!" (Ungh!)
    N-nah-n-nah! (n-nah-n-nah!)

Rico Suave - Gerardo

"So again don't let my lyrics mislead ya
    I don't love you but I need ya
    Would you rather have me lie
    Take a piece of your pie and say bye
    Or be honest and rub your thighs.."

KoKoMo - The Beach Boys

"Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you
    To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
    Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go
    Down to Kokomo
    We'll get there fast
    And then we'll take it slow
    That's where we wanna go
    Way down to Kokomo.."

I've always hated this song. It annoys me till no end!!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I LOVE this song....course it helps my nickname is "Beth".....so I will try to understand your opinion.....

BTW There is also "Elizabeth" by the Statler Brothers and "Elizabeth" by Billy Something-or-Other Country Boy....who knew so many words rhyme with "Elizabeth"???
    "Beth" is one of the FEW KISS songs I like...

cherryghost Guest
    Sunshine by John Denver
    Avril Lavine Boyfriend song uuurrgghh

cherryghost Guest
    These songs are sure to make me scream (and not in a good way):

1.) "Milkshake" by Kellis ("my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, their life is better than yours......") This is my all-time least favorite, and of course gets stuck in my head often!!
    2.) "You Light Up My Life" by Debby Boone (that is a popular song on this list--gee, I wonder why)
    3.) Anything by that fergalicious talent Fergie--all of her songs are a major affront to women and any other hearing human being
    4.) "Macarena" by those two old guys (forget their names--bummer) I defy anyone WITHOUT LOOKING ONLINE to tell me what the lyrics are--yeah, I thought so
    4.) Any and every single song that Bob Dylan has and ever will do in his entire lifetime--self-indulgent pieces of crap, sung by someone who sounds like he was taught by Sonny Bono.

Didnt Bob Dylan write a song called "Elizabeth"The name has to be in his billions of lyrics somewhere

pvezz Guest
    "Maniac" from the soundtrack of the movie "Flashdance" makes me want to pull my eyelashes out, one by one.

bblvnvelphy Guest
    anything by akon...
    especially this one song called hypnotized..
    anyone heard it?

lisalouver Guest
    I LOVE this song....course it helps my nickname is "Beth".....so I will try to understand your opinion.....

BTW There is also "Elizabeth" by the Statler Brothers and "Elizabeth" by Billy Something-or-Other Country Boy....who knew so many words rhyme with "Elizabeth"???
    Beth by KISS. One of the best songs ever. Love it.

cherryghost Guest
    Bernadette by the four tops and Bernadette by Leonard Cohen are my faves because who seriously would write a song about a girl named Bernadette?

cherryghost Guest
    Songwriters can find themselves in all sorts of trouble using names in song titles! Look at Peggy Sue and the courtcase pending over Peggy sue's book! Give's cred tho and also! An awkward name can be reinterpreted!

cherryghost Guest
    OMG you should see our late night music programme Rage here! Its doing reruns of 80's music! Its a field day for this site! really!
    Flock of seagulls "And I ran"
    "Happy Birthday" ' Claire grogan was the singers name, odd I think of her name but not the bands! She was most irritating I guess.
    Mike and the mechanics
    Little River Band" Hang on help is on its way"
    EG.
    Universal bad music but Australia had its own very hidious pick of the crop!

Jack Raines Guest
    "Hollaback Girl" and most other solo shit by Gwen Stefani. Nothing sadder than a 35 year old+ woman who thinks she is a teenage cheerleader. And I actually used to be a big No Doubt fan.
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 01-13-2008 at 12:30 AM.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    OMG you should see our late night music programme Rage here! Its doing reruns of 80's music! Its a field day for this site! really!
    "Happy Birthday" ' Claire grogan was the singers name, odd I think of her name but not the bands! She was most irritating I guess.
    Mike and the mechanics
    EG.
    Cherry, Little River Band is one of my all time favorites. I see them every time they are in town.

But I never did like that particular song!

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Mike and the mechanics
    EG.
    I love RAGE!!!! Esp when they do the COUNTDOWN re-runs... that is truely painful for my eyes when they are in those outfits, except when Uncanny-x-men come on, oh how I loved Brian!!!!

kimmer927 Guest
    Hate Hate Hate
    I'll Be Watching You The Police

Huge fan otherwise of Sting & Company, never could nor will like that song

Is anybody else here old enough to remember: "I'm Henry The Eighth I Am"; by Herman's Hermits? God, what drivel; though I liked it as a child.

"Second verse; same as the first"...

And some party songs from the late 60's:

Wooly Bully: Sam The Sham and The Pharoh's. It actually has a catchy beat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOvCHD1uHY

Louie. Louie...don't remember who.

Altered Images. I actully like them.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    You're gonna love this trivia: A few years back someone in an apartment building kept playing that song, back-to-back, for days. Their next door neighbor actually won a lawsuit against them for "intentional infliction of emotional distress." We posted copies of the AP story all over our radio station with glee.
    I wonder if you have a link to the story...I want to see if it was before Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Anyone remember that scene in the movie where the woman in the next trailer was singing that song on a loop for days?!

"Cause me and the boys will be playing
    All night". Love it!

Worst The Ballad of the Green Beret.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Is anybody else here old enough to remember: "I'm Henry The Eighth I Am"; by Herman's Hermits? God, what drivel; though I liked it as a child.

"Second verse; same as the first"...

And some party songs from the late 60's:

Wooly Bully: Sam The Sham and The Pharoh's. It actually has a catchy beat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOvCHD1uHY

Louie. Louie...don't remember who.
    Dude....Louie Louie by the Kingsmen is a CLASSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    "Cause me and the boys will be playing
    All night". Love it!

Worst The Ballad of the Green Beret.
    Another petition signed!

There are a lot of others but I think you guys covered quite a few of mine so I'll just leave it at that and keep signing those petitions for all of you.

don't_axe_me Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmer927 View Post
    Hate Hate Hate
    I'll Be Watching You The Police
    Big time stalker song

jen77 Guest
    Another vote for "Hotel California". This is my first post ever; I have been lurking for awhile but my dislike for this song is so strong I finally had to post.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jen77 View Post
    Another vote for "Hotel California". This is my first post ever; I have been lurking for awhile but my dislike for this song is so strong I finally had to post.
    Hahahaha!

Little Red Corvette. Prince. Hate it. He has too much talent to put out that sort of crap.

And, many people here are too young to remember; and I may have posted this earlier; Henry the Eighth I Am; by Herman's Hermits.

If you are in the mood for some auditory pain; click below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znv_sUPaKfE

They did do some nice stuff; though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evpMKx5nrfY

On second thought; it all sucks. Beatle's wannabes; minus the song writing talents of John and Paul.

pryncssdeb Guest
    our hard rock (our being indy) station plays stupid hard rock dance mixes on sundays..... I swear, one day you'll see a pic of me with my eyes poked out from listening to it...

deb

Belle Guest

Thumbs down

Anything by Yoko Ono

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Little Red Corvette. Prince. Hate it. He has too much talent to put out that sort of crap.
    Since most people agree on the same list of worst songs (Honey, MacArthur Park, etc) I have never heard anyone name one I like a lot as one of the worst. I think Little Red Corvette is a nearly perfect pop song, and not that I like to argue with people over the internet but I'm genuinely curious as to what is it that you hate so much about it?

hotmama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegodeathhag19 View Post
    i dispise MOST rap songs, i know that a common misconception is that they are the same, hip hop on the cantrary is a lifestyle, and music comes from the likes ok RUN DMC, common, mos def, tablib qweli, dead prez, concious rappers with more organic beats, ect. people dont take it into consideration or are just brainwashed to think they are the same, when they are not. IMO, of course. i know that some rap songs are rediculously out of control, but there are some good ones.
    thank you well said.

pryncssdeb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BellePosting View Post
    Anything by Yoko Ono
    Yoko Ono SINGS???? I thought she just broke up "boy" bands....

deb

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pryncssdeb View Post
    Yoko Ono SINGS???? I thought she just broke up "boy" bands....

deb
    It is more like a horrible screeching noise. And they record it and sell it. Very painful.

Added: ROFLMAO Preview her music free here from her Yes, I'm a Witch Album or any other you want to hurt yourself with http://www.amazon.com/Yes-Im-Witch-Y...0365691&sr=1-1
    Last edited by Belle; 01-14-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    True story. I worked in an independent video store (back when they existed) and therefore we could play whatever music we liked. Well, when it was closing time and some of the vidiots were taking too long to pick a movie, some of my co-workers would put on a Yoko Ono CD and watch those customers hurry to check out!

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Mulhenny View Post
    True story. I worked in an independent video store (back when they existed) and therefore we could play whatever music we liked. Well, when it was closing time and some of the vidiots were taking too long to pick a movie, some of my co-workers would put on a Yoko Ono CD and watch those customers hurry to check out!
    I think any artist that can sure fire empty a music store most nights belongs in this thread Isn't she horrible? How did the employees stand it? Were you immunized in some way against the awful Yoko screech? Anybody ever BUY a Yoko album to get you to stop playing it or to torment their neighbors with?

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BellePosting View Post
    I think any artist that can sure fire empty a music store most nights belongs in this thread Isn't she horrible? How did the employees stand it? Were you immunized in some way against the awful Yoko screech? Anybody ever BUY a Yoko album to get you to stop playing it or to torment their neighbors with?
    The town stopped selling beer at 11:30 so Yoko sounds to me like I will make it to the beer store on time LOL.

BTW the other album that cleared the store was the soundtrack to Best Little Whorehouse in TX.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Any rap or hip-hop songs - and especially coming out of a car with the windows and license plate frame rattling at the same time.

Any Country Western song. Especially when it's coming flooding from a 4x4 with a confederate flag hanging from the back window...

Desertrose Guest
    "My Heart will Go On" - Celine - I wish that heart would stop right now. She should have gone down with the ship.

"Don't Take The Girl" - Tim McGraw, gosh, I hate that song, the lyrics and his monotone voice.

"Fancy" - Reba - I usually like Reba - but that song is the worst.

"Barbara Ann" - The Beach Boys - so overplayed on our oldies station.

"I Will Always Love You" - sung by both Dolly Parton and Witney Houston.

Anything, and I mean anything at all, by Mariah Carey.

Desertrose Guest
    And, "Woman" by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. Actually, anthing by Gary Puckett, but that song was the worst. And, while I am thinking about it, I also greatly dislike "Brand New Key" by Melanie. Sheesh.

Anything, and I mean anything at all, by Mariah Carey.
    Petition signed!

rantat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Radiohead View Post
    "I'm Strokin'

Can't remember who sang it but it is the stupidest song ever about masturbation, I think....
    [SIZE=5]Clearance Carter Lyrics
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=4] Strokin' Lyrics
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][SIZE=2] When I start makin' love
    I don't just make love...
    I be strokin'
    That's what I be doin', huh
    I be strokin'

I stroke it to the east
    And I stroke it to the west
    And I stroke it to the woman that I love the best
    I be strokin'

Let me ask you somethin'...
    What time of the day do you like to make love
    Have you ever made love just before breakfast
    Have you ever made love while you watched the late, late show
    Well, let me ask you this
    Have you ever made love on a couch
    Well, let me ask you this
    Have you ever made love on the back seat of a car
    I remember one time I made love on the back seat of a car
    And the police came and shined his light on me, and I said:
    'I'm strokin', that's what I'm doin', I be strokin''

I stroke it to the east
    And I stroke it to the woman that I love the best
    I be strokin'

Let me ask you something...
    How long has it been since you made love, huh?
    Did you make love yesterday
    Did you make love last week
    Did you make love last year
    Or maybe it might be that you plannin' on makin' love tonight
    But just remember, when you start making love
    You make it hard, long, soft, short
    And be strokin'
    I be strokin'

I stroke it to the east
    And I stroke it to the woman that I love the best, huh
    I be strokin'

Now when I start making love to my woman
    I don't stop until I know she's sas-ified
    And I can always tell when she gets sas-ified
    'Cause when she gets sas-fied she start calling my name
    She'd say: 'Clarence Carter, Clarence Carter, Clarence Carter
    Clarence Carter, ooooh shit, Clarence Carter'
    The other night I was strokin' my woman
    And it got so good to her, you know what she told me
    Let me tell you what she told me, she said:
    'Stroke it Clarence Carter, but don't stroke so fast
    If my stuff ain't tight enough, you can stick it up my...' WOO!

I be strokin' Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
    I be strokin'

I stroke it to the east
    And I stroke it to the woman that I love the best, huh
    I be strokin'
    I be strokin' Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
    I be strokin', Yeah!
    I be strokin'

I stroke it to the north
    I stroke it to the south
    I stroke it everywhere
    I even stroke it with my... WOO!

I be strokin'
    I be strokin' Ha! Ha!
    I be strokin' [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK
    [quote=RoRo;16973]Personally I hate hate hate that song Umbrella it racks my nerves to no end, I'd like to shove that umbrella right up her.....!

YES!!!!!
    Here in England we have just had one of the wettest summers
    As soon as the Umbrella ella ella song was played on the radio it started raining and didn't stop until it dropped off of the radio stations play lists. Then just before Christmas a couple of London Radio stations started playing it again and guess what!.... its chucking it down again GRRRRRRR!

[quote=Harry's Cat;126125][quote=RoRo;16973]Personally I hate hate hate that song Umbrella it racks my nerves to no end, I'd like to shove that umbrella right up her.....!

umbrella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh

Sharmika Guest
    I Wear My Sunglasses at Night and Superbowl Shuffle

Sharmika Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bblvnvelphy View Post
    anything by akon...
    especially this one song called hypnotized..
    anyone heard it?

I saw this lil bebby da udda day...

It's not by Akon, he just does the hook, but he's guilty by association.

I hate this fucking song as well.

You had to mention the Superbowl Shuffle. (Horrible flashbacks of Jim McMahon ensue...)
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmika View Post
    I Wear My Sunglasses at Night and Superbowl Shuffle
    Two more petitions signed!

phirerednga Guest
    The Milkshake song and the Banana song, everytime I hear these two I swear they make all my little hairs stand on freakin' end.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Two more petitions signed!
    I hope you are not going to get RSI with all those petitions you are signing!
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-19-2008 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Being a big dork, I hit the edit button instead of the quote button. Sorry about that.

I had the misfortune of hearing this "gem" today. "Don't Put Another Dime in the Jukebox" by the Flirts.

leevancleef Guest
    Mika's Grace Kelly and Relax...sorry if there are fans around but i find him (and especially those two songs) very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Mulhenny View Post
    Since most people agree on the same list of worst songs (Honey, MacArthur Park, etc) I have never heard anyone name one I like a lot as one of the worst. I think Little Red Corvette is a nearly perfect pop song, and not that I like to argue with people over the internet but I'm genuinely curious as to what is it that you hate so much about it?
    Hi, Jenny.

Unlike a lot of Prince's music; that one just never appealed to me. I don't care for the lyrics or for the way he "delivers" it; the cadence.

Obviously, many, many people feel otherwise; just because I don't care for it does not mean that it is no good; it just means that I didn't like it.

I don't take your question as being argumentative; just an expression of your opinion and wondering why mine is what it is.

As for my taste in music and TV shows; funny thing...once I start to like a band or a show; they seem to disappear pretty quickly.

I would say that this calls into question my taste in such things.