Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Darlie Routier

Katie Guest
    You know I have been thinking about her today. I am all for a re-trial. Let it happen soon. Get all the evidence out in the open.

But, I want the truth this time from both sides.

Someone said there was no motive. Your right, there didn't seem to be one. So why would a stranger come into the house, and not just stab two children, but be in such a rage that they nailed one of the boys to the floor.

Why if they thought Darlie was dead or dieing, why didn't they steal the stuff that was laying out in the open?

I want to hear from the FBI Was there other killings anywhere around the US like this? Someone with this much rage would have to do it again.

I want the sweet innocent hubby on the stand. What did he really hear?

Why in God's name didn't he hear the babies, the brutal beating his wife was getting, not to mention the slamming of the knife against those babies.

I agree we all grieve differently. I have also celebrated the birthdays of loved ones who were lost, but not my babies who had just died that week.

I have a friend who lost her husband a year ago, and to try to make her smile, makes her cry.

I am telling you , something stinks and I want to know what.

I tell you what, tell her she can have immunity from the death penalty of she will tell us what happened that night.

But, if this trial goes like the first, and she is found guilty, then I say take her out of the cell that is less than 20 miles from my house, and take her to Huntsville, and get it over with.

Then they can lay her next to her babies, and I will bring the f... silly string.

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest
    They didn't actually eat him. She had him served up on a plate, but IIRC, the kids weren't home and she was arrested before that could happen. Not that that makes it any less horrifying...

She had appealed against the sentence claiming the killing was not in the worst category of murder.
    Knight stabbed 44-year-old Mr Price 37 times with a butcher's knife before skinning him and hanging his hide from a meat hook in their lounge room on February 29, 2000.
    She then decapitated him and put his head in a pot on the stove, baked flesh from his buttocks and cooked vegetables and gravy as side dishes to serve to Mr Price's children

um, yeah right!?

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    Why didn't her defense attorneys play it then? Why do you suppose the prosecution would show that? Its not part of their case. Its part of the defense's case. Why hasn't it been shown EVER?
    i have no idea why the defense didn't show it, i am not in their heads, nor darlie's~ but i did see the footage on the news~ it also has been shown in docu's about the case~

i agree to disagree w/ you, not a prob, bob~ but i feel you were getting nasty w/ m because i do not agree w/ you~ that is not neccesary at all~
    Last edited by GODDESS6; 09-20-2008 at 05:15 AM.

Sphr798 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammijo View Post
    I had the same experience. I know how you feel. As soon as you disagree, some folks slam you and just so you know many times the administrators and moderators will put them in check. You are very much entitled to your opinion. When you put something in writing on an email or chat room or forum, sometimes it can come off as harsh and unfeeling. I think sometimes the slammers are just adamant and passionate about their opinions. Some of them just are clear they're right and you're wrong and want to make sure you're clear about that. Don't stop posting. If you do, all we get is them. That's so friggin boring!
    Please express your opinion. I don't think anyone is trying to slam you but as stated above, they are just very passionate. I agree with Gramma, I don't think she did it. I would also like to see a new trial.

silverwaif77 Guest
    Who the hell has a meat hook in their lounge room? Is that where you go when you wanna "hang out" -sorry couldnt help it!

Quote Originally Posted by silverwaif77 View Post
    Who the hell has a meat hook in their lounge room? Is that where you go when you wanna "hang out" -sorry couldnt help it!

*LOL* I guess so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Wow; I hadn't heard of this.

Bidmor Guest
    What was the creature's name who drowned her 2 kids in the back seat of her car because she thought her boyfriend didn't like kids? It happened back in the 1990's.

was that Susan Smith?

Lisamarie Guest
    thats the one!! Biooootchhh!!!

Yes, Susan Smith drowned her kids in the car. I thought she was guilty from the get go, and so did my mom. Someone tells you to get out of your car and leave your kids in the car. No real mother would do that. I would hit the gas and hope for the best, bargain to get her out and make sure she was with me as I exited the car (not get out and then get her) - anything but leave her in the car. A car thief also doesn't want your kids - too much heat from the cops if there are kids in the stolen car.

Zombiegirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    There are crime scene pics on the for darlie website (http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/). There are also some terrible pictures of the boys on the autopsy table.
    I looked all over this website and could not find any crime scene pics. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Someone said there was no motive. Your right, there didn't seem to be one. So why would a stranger come into the house, and not just stab two children, but be in such a rage that they nailed one of the boys to the floor.

Why if they thought Darlie was dead or dieing, why didn't they steal the stuff that was laying out in the open?

I want the sweet innocent hubby on the stand. What did he really hear?

Why in God's name didn't he hear the babies, the brutal beating his wife was getting, not to mention the slamming of the knife against those babies.
    No one was "nailed to the floor."

They didn't think Darlie was dying because she said she "followed the intruder" out.

Darin did take the stand, but didn't tell the truth. Stabbing isn't a loud event unless someone is fighting back. Neither of the boys was able to do that.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i have no idea why the defense didn't show it, i am not in their heads, nor darlie's~ but i did see the footage on the news~ it also has been shown in docu's about the case~

i agree to disagree w/ you, not a prob, bob~ but i feel you were getting nasty w/ m because i do not agree w/ you~ that is not neccesary at all~
    I've seen all of the videos and there are some people crying, but not Darlie.

I apologize if I was rude. It wasn't intentional. I type slow, so sometimes leave out words that could "soften" my posts. I'll try harder to include them! Have a good day!!
    Minerva

Lisamarie Guest
    I didnt see any crime scne pics as well....I didint kno they were available....anyone seen them??

they're there. You have to be patient and watch the little slideshow. They are slipped in there. I was startled by the brutality of the pictures of the little boys stabbed. You don't usually see such graphic pictures of children.
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lisamarie Guest
    also I just listened to the 911 tape and let me tell you the entire thing struck me as odd...the way she keeps talking about " somone came in here Darrin " ' Someone did this or something along those lines....also never once dose she ask what kind of aid to stop the bleeding that would have been my first question....and also the I already picked up the knife bet you could have got finger prints off it.....who the hell says that? Why pick the knife up?? Why drop the knife?? Why the brutality on the kids??

Katie Guest
    If you will read the transcripts of the medical report, you will see that one of the boys was stabbed so hard, that the knife went through him, and into the carpet, and into the floor.

It's there. I didn't just make that up, unlike a lot of things that were said that night, that surely was made up.

If you will read the transcripts of the medical report, you will see that one of the boys was stabbed so hard, that the knife went through him, and into the carpet, and into the floor.

It's there. I didn't just make that up, unlike a lot of things that were said that night, that surely was made up.
    I have the autopsy reports and the photographs in front of me as I type. If there is a report someplace else that says the wounds went through either Damon or Devon, I honestly don't know where you saw them. The photographs that I'm looking at are horrible, but NONE of the wounds goes through either boy to the floor. Do you mind giving me a link to what you've read?
    Minerva

bunny Guest
    I just dont understand why she would have done it...how sad...poor little guys

Katie Guest
    I have the autopsy reports and the photographs in front of me as I type. If there is a report someplace else that says the wounds went through either Damon or Devon, I honestly don't know where you saw them. The photographs that I'm looking at are horrible, but NONE of the wounds goes through either boy to the floor. Do you mind giving me a link to what you've read?

You are going to make me look for it aren't you? Okay. It was also on a tv show the other night, but I will look for the report that says it went into the floor. BRB

You are going to make me look for it aren't you? Okay. It was also on a tv show the other night, but I will look for the report that says it went into the floor. BRB
    I'm sorry Katie. I'm looking at both boys photos right now. One has wounds on his back and the other on his front, but NONE of them are through and through wounds.

I heard rumors that they did too, but they were discounted once the autopsy reports were released. I had my copies picked up in person at the ME's office because I'm local. I also have the photos of the boys' injuries. I can outline them for you if you'd like.
    Minerva

Katie Guest
    I'm sorry Katie. I'm looking at both boys photos right now. One has wounds on his back and the other on his front, but NONE of them are through and through wounds.

I heard rumors that they did too, but they were discounted once the autopsy reports were released. I had my copies picked up in person at the ME's office because I'm local. I also have the photos of the boys' injuries. I can outline them for you if you'd like.
    I love your dog by the way. Sooo cute...

I went to the 20/20 show with Sylvia Chase. She says that the oldest boy was stabbed so hard, that the knife went down to the carpet. I thought I had also read it, but for now, this is what I have found.

I would love to see what you have been able to obtain.

Is there any way to e-mail it to me?

tiffany1976 Guest
    The one question that stands out most to me, she never worried about the intruder coming back for her? Never made a comment that she was worried about that? Say it was an intruder-he targeted her house for a reason and then she's left to identify him. That would be a cause for worry.

Katie Guest
    That is a good question.

As I have said several times, I am all for another trial. Let's let there be no questions about what was found, and not found. But if she is found guilty again, there will be supporters that claim that the crime scene was contaminated, and the police did a terrible job.

Isn't that what they all say? Look at the OJ trial.

I love your dog by the way. Sooo cute...

I went to the 20/20 show with Sylvia Chase. She says that the oldest boy was stabbed so hard, that the knife went down to the carpet. I thought I had also read it, but for now, this is what I have found.

I would love to see what you have been able to obtain.

Is there any way to e-mail it to me?
    Well, the autopsy reports are available on line. Here's the one for Devon:

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evid...sies/Devon.pdf

And for Damon:

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evid...sies/Damon.pdf

The photos of the boys are from the "book" Media Tried Justice Denied, but I believe some of them are also available online. You can see a couple of them at www.fordarlieroutier.org/galleries.php

Unfortunately, since the site is run by Darlie's mother, there are mostly pictures of Darlie's wounds and only a couple of the boys. The slide show shows many of the pics more than once, but the pics of the boys starts about 2:29:06 into the video. You can see Devon still laying on the floor in the home. His wounds are on his chest. There are NONE on his back. State's Exhibit 1B shows his back is free from injuries. You'll see Damon on the autopsy table, his injuries being in the back. State's Exhibit 3A shows that he's got six injuries, but they are all over bones which prevent them from going in too deep. Damon dies in the ambulance in front of the house (or on the way to the hospital, depending on whom you believe).
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany1976 View Post
    The one question that stands out most to me, she never worried about the intruder coming back for her? Never made a comment that she was worried about that? Say it was an intruder-he targeted her house for a reason and then she's left to identify him. That would be a cause for worry.
    Why would he have attacked the boys first and left her alive? None of this makes any sense from a "Darlie is innocent" point of view. She gave 16 different versions of the story. In some of them, she actually does identify an intruder. Then at other times, she claims she didn't see him. Other times still, she claims there were two intruders.
    Minerva

tiffany1976 Guest
    Why would he have attacked the boys first and left her alive? None of this makes any sense from a "Darlie is innocent" point of view. She gave 16 different versions of the story. In some of them, she actually does identify an intruder. Then at other times, she claims she didn't see him. Other times still, she claims there were two intruders.
    Wow! I had no idea she changed her story 16 times, or about these specific accounts to the identity of the attacker or attackers.

There is another forum on here about the worse crime scene photos ever scene. These little boys take the cake for me. Its so heartbreaking!

Lisamarie Guest
    okay Im stupid can anyone tell me where to find the autopsy pics? And the crime scene pics...all I see his Darlies album and its not working....can someone link them??

Katie Guest
    Thank you for the two reports. It is so sad that not only this happened to them, but both were still alive while it was going on.

I need to be cleaning house, but instead I have been on the Internet all day re-reading all this stuff.

I say that the husband has lots of explaining to do.

Also the sheriff who had the son who was in trouble with the law, and was befriending the assistant of Darlie's lawyer for info on the case.

I could only find the photos on the Darlie page. They go so fast, it is hard to see them closely.

You mentioned the book you have. I also saw reference to it, and tried to buy it, but was unsuccessful.

Where did you get your copy?

Katie Guest
    I just found this:

Media Tried Justice Denied, Behind the truth and Lies of the Darlie Lynn Routier Murder Case by Christopher Wayne Brown (Paperback - Mar 6, 1999)
    3 Used & new from $96.33
    (60)

I don't think I want to pay 96.00 for a used book

I just found this:

Media Tried Justice Denied, Behind the truth and Lies of the Darlie Lynn Routier Murder Case by Christopher Wayne Brown (Paperback - Mar 6, 1999)
    3 Used & new from $96.33
    (60)

I don't think I want to pay 96.00 for a used book
    I don't blame you. The only thing worth even seeing are the photographs. I've got an actual autographed and numbered copy (No. 52). LOL The author is a dick head. He basically took all of the media reports on the case and interjected his own (usually wrong) spin on the stories. But he did grab a bunch of good evidence. Unfortunately for Darlie, most of the people who own this book say that it actually proves that she's guilty instead of doing what they had hoped.
    Minerva

Katie Guest
    Are the pictures the same as what you see on Darlie's web site?

They must be out there somewhere that are in picture form, or other wise, how would he get them?

GODDESS6 Guest

They must be out there somewhere that are in picture form, or other wise, how would he get them?
    they are, my friend got the book from darlie's mother, & she let me read it~ they are exactly the same~ i had a hard time reading the book tho, there are tons of typos~

bunny Guest
    well all I can say about this woman...is NO one would have done what she did at the grave site...horrible...

Katie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    they are, my friend got the book from darlie's mother, & she let me read it~ they are exactly the same~ i had a hard time reading the book tho, there are tons of typos~

So this is a book that the family approved of?

GODDESS6 Guest
    So this is a book that the family approved of?
    darlies family? yeah it's "their" side to the story~ my friend isn't a daerie advocate btw~ she contacted the site & somehow talked to darlie's mother & she sent her a copy of the book before it was released, her mother even autographed it for her~ that part cracked me up~

Katie Guest
    I read the part on the Internet about how broken up the mother and sister were, in spite of Darlie not being so. That made me feel sorry for them.

Does anyone know if the mother has any ideas on what happened?

I know what her web site says, but I mean others times you might have heard her opinion of things.

Is Darin still living with her, and does he now have to baby?

Darlie's forum only shows a couple of the boys and in the book, there are many more. I believe Chris Brown, the author, went to the courthouse and copied them from the evidence.
    Minerva

I read the part on the Internet about how broken up the mother and sister were, in spite of Darlie not being so. That made me feel sorry for them.

Does anyone know if the mother has any ideas on what happened?

I know what her web site says, but I mean others times you might have heard her opinion of things.

Is Darin still living with her, and does he now have to baby?
    The family was horribly broken up. I think they're simply more of Darlie's victims. She didn't consider any of them when she did this.

I've spoken to Darlie's mother many times. She knows where I stand on the question of guilt or innocence and of course we disagree. However, there are many things that we do agree on. Sometimes in our discussions I found her to be quite willing to listen to reason and other times not so much. She told me before it was made public that Darlie asked Darin for a separation the night of the murders. While I told her that I would report that information, I would NOT report where I heard it from. She agreed to that. Later, she called me a liar about the whole thing. Once Darin Routier's Affidavit in support of Darlie's appeal was filed and said exactly the same thing, she looked like a fool. Of course, I wasn't happy with her and we haven't spoken since.

Darin doesn't live with her and he doesn't have his son. His son is in the custody of his mother, but I believe he has liberal visitation. In fact, that custody may have gone back to him, but I'm not sure. Last I heard, he was doing photography in Lubbock, where his family lives.
    Minerva

Katie Guest
    Who do you think did the bruises on her arms?

I think she did, because if you were mad enough you could slam your arms on something hard, and do that yourself.

The stab wounds on her arms I think she did in her rage to kill the boys.

I thought it was interesting to hear about the party they were at and when she wasn't getting enough attention she left and came back and said someone tried to rape her. Knowing the attention would be on her again.

I would say she was one spoiled little girl.

I also read about there open marriage. Has any boyfriends, or girl friends every come forward?

Who do you think did the bruises on her arms?

I think she did, because if you were mad enough you could slam your arms on something hard, and do that yourself.

The stab wounds on her arms I think she did in her rage to kill the boys.

I thought it was interesting to hear about the party they were at and when she wasn't getting enough attention she left and came back and said someone tried to rape her. Knowing the attention would be on her again.

I would say she was one spoiled little girl.

I also read about there open marriage. Has any boyfriends, or girl friends every come forward?
    The bruises apparently didn't start to form until she left the hospital. Granted, she was only in the hospital for a day and a half, but some medical people that we've talked to think that it would have been more noticible while she was there. They think that some of the bruises were from IVs from the hospital. There was also some talk that there could be some sort of livity-type settling, even though she wasn't dead. I can't remember exactly what they called it - its been too long. My theory is that its probably a combination of things. Maybe some of the stuff I mentioned above, but I think too that its possible that the fight that Darlie and Darin had that night became a little physical. He may have just been trying to restrain her against hitting him. I'm not sure. Its possible he was on top of her and using his legs to pin her arms down at some point.

I agree with you about the stab wounds on her arms. She was in a rage and she missed with a couple of stabs and got herself. That is VERY common in these types of attacks.

She about as narcissicistic (did I spell that right??) as one can get. From every story that I've heard over these past years, a picture of someone trying to hold onto a fantasy world emerges and its a story of desperation. A woman who lives down the street from the house used to do my baking and she had all sorts of things to tell me. They even gave away stuff from the house to neighbors hoping to get special favors with regard to testimony during the trial. She would point from house to house and tell me who got what. Very odd!!

The open marriage thing isn't true. Another one of those rumors.
    Minerva

Katie Guest
    Do you think she killed them for Money, responsibility, and what part do you think Darin had in it?

Lisamarie Guest
    I think it was all about attention , I think shew as a spoiled girl, use to a lot of attention and she grew bored with the stay at home mom routine and was fighting wth Darin and what better way to be the victim to all, all the attention on you then to be the survivng victim of horrififc crime that takes the life of your two boys...and she even claims she faught the introuder. Can you imagine the attention?? Both a hero and a victim....but it backfired. For me the graveside footage did it..she seems almots happy they are dead. I know there are some who fell she is 100% innocent ..I just dont that was not the act of a grieveing woman at all.You dont go throw a party at a grave......in short shorts at that!!!

Do you think she killed them for Money, responsibility, and what part do you think Darin had in it?
    I don't think she killed them for the small insurance policy. My theory is that she pretty much snapped. As you know, from early in their relationship, Darlie has never had any problems making up stories, throwing hissy fits or anything else she needed to do in order to get her way. I think that problems between the couple had been mounting in the months (possibly years) before the murders. They were deep in debt, the business was failing, Darlie wasn't feeling very attractive (who would having just given birth), etc. I think that things came to a head that night. They argued. She may have accused him of certain things because he was, by all accounts, working day and night trying to get the business back to where it was. I believe he was gone a good portion of the time and as you know, that's when a wife's mind tends to think up all sorts of horrible scenarios. I think they argued. I think she asked him for the divorce and instead of him begging and pleading with her to reconsider, this time he said he agreed or fuck off or whatever and that was too much. I think he went up to bed finally. She was downstairs still furious and pretty much either decided she was going to kill the boys to spite Darin or she was going to kill the boys and then try to kill herself. The rest is history.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I think it was all about attention , I think shew as a spoiled girl, use to a lot of attention and she grew bored with the stay at home mom routine and was fighting wth Darin and what better way to be the victim to all, all the attention on you then to be the survivng victim of horrififc crime that takes the life of your two boys...and she even claims she faught the introuder. Can you imagine the attention?? Both a hero and a victim....but it backfired. For me the graveside footage did it..she seems almots happy they are dead. I know there are some who fell she is 100% innocent ..I just dont that was not the act of a grieveing woman at all.You dont go throw a party at a grave......in short shorts at that!!!
    That makes sense!!
    Minerva

bunny Guest
    I think Lisamarie is 100% right on this...at first everyone thought OHHH poor thing...horrible bitch that she is

Lisamarie Guest
    Well thanks (( blushing)) !!!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammijo View Post
    they're there. You have to be patient and watch the little slideshow. They are slipped in there. I was startled by the brutality of the pictures of the little boys stabbed. You don't usually see such graphic pictures of children.
    Where's the slide show?