Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 291011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Darlie Routier

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    True, but after seeing parents (including my own) and what they go through after a child has died, even an adult child, what in God's name was she thinking popping gum and bringing balloons and silly string to her boy's graves so soon after they were brutally murdered?
    dude, god forbid aything like that happening to my children, but i would not be among the living in a mental sense due to the fact i would be so heavily sedated to keep me from leaving the land of the living in a physical way. you couldn't drag me out of bed, y'all - let alone catch me laughing as i am spraying silly string and blowing bubbles at thier graves. UHG.

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    All really great points. Why do you think the intruder used the kitchen knives instead of bringing his own weapon?
    Well... I don't really know about that. Some killers use whatever they can find as a weapon. If this was planned it would seem they would bring their own weapon. Maybe the plan could have been to use a blunt instrament or strangulation. Sometimes plans don't always come off like they're suppose to. If the intruder came in through the kitchen or dining room, the knife could have been a weapon of opportunity. I collect fantasy knives so God help me if my house ever gets broken in to. 'Course.... I do sleep with a 9mm semi so, I think I'll be alright.

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    dude, god forbid aything like that happening to my children, but i would not be among the living in a mental sense due to the fact i would be so heavily sedated to keep me from leaving the land of the living in a physical way. you couldn't drag me out of bed, y'all - let alone catch me laughing as i am spraying silly string and blowing bubbles at thier graves. UHG.
    I think she looked doped up in that video. I don't know what she was on but, I think she looked sedated. I wouldn't have been doing that but, not everybody grieves the same way. It seemed really wierd (the silly string etc.) but, I guess if you can't deal with the fact of your children being dead, you would act as if they were still alive. She was probably doing what she would have done if her child was still alive.She was probably still in shock over everything,and not thinking clearly just musing here.....

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Don't forget that before the Silly String thing, they did have a religious memorial at the gravesite. The media didn't publicize that, though.

I don't think Darlie was firing on all cylanders at the best of times, so the Silly String I guess wouldn't be totally out of character.

I am so on the fence too. DexterKitty, your points really put things into a whole new perspective.... Like you said Darin had hired someone before who obviously wasn't a very good thief - maybe he hired another not so experienced person as the killer and they were nervous about killing kids and that's where the screw ups began. It's sad to think that there are professional killers out there huh? Man, I dunno. Something just ain't right. I mean if her injuries were superficial I could so much easier point the finger at her, but her injuries were REALLY bad. I hope she did not hurt those little boys, but people do crazy shit for no reason. I think Darin had more of a motive and your right, that's why he didn't come downstairs. Although I have said before, I could be downstairs getting stabbed in my eyeballs and if my husband is upstairs asleep, he probably wouldn't here me scream either. See, I just go back and forth on this one.....

I just wish there would be some NEW break in this case - you would think there would be some kind of new hi-tech stuff that could shed some light.
    My Posse's On Broadway

I think he did wake up, but didn't make it down until she was slicing at herself. I think he interrupted her and she didn't get to finish. He saw what she did and went crazy on her (hence the bruises).

He then helped her cover stuff up and make it look like someone "broke in." They wouldn't turn on each other at this point because they are both responsible in some way. I think this man loved his children, but maybe he just loved his wife more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Northern Lights Guest
    I've always had mixed feelings about this case. I still don't know what to think about this.

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I am so on the fence too. DexterKitty, your points really put things into a whole new perspective.... Like you said Darin had hired someone before who obviously wasn't a very good thief - maybe he hired another not so experienced person as the killer and they were nervous about killing kids and that's where the screw ups began. It's sad to think that there are professional killers out there huh? Man, I dunno. Something just ain't right. I mean if her injuries were superficial I could so much easier point the finger at her, but her injuries were REALLY bad. I hope she did not hurt those little boys, but people do crazy shit for no reason. I think Darin had more of a motive and your right, that's why he didn't come downstairs. Although I have said before, I could be downstairs getting stabbed in my eyeballs and if my husband is upstairs asleep, he probably wouldn't here me scream either. See, I just go back and forth on this one.....

I just wish there would be some NEW break in this case - you would think there would be some kind of new hi-tech stuff that could shed some light.
    In my heart I really don't believe she did that to herself. It was just too severe to be self inflicted. The prosecution got the judge to keep a lot of the injury pictures out of the courtroom. The ones that have the defensive bruises on her arms were not allow. Some other important evidence wasn't allowed either. There was a mustery fingerprint and a pubic hair that was not allowed. Some blood evidence was not allowed too. I still think it was a hired hit that went bad. There was a lot of money involved. I can't remember if Darin had a life insurance policy on Darlie or not?

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I think he did wake up, but didn't make it down until she was slicing at herself. I think he interrupted her and she didn't get to finish. He saw what she did and went crazy on her (hence the bruises).

He then helped her cover stuff up and make it look like someone "broke in." They wouldn't turn on each other at this point because they are both responsible in some way. I think this man loved his children, but maybe he just loved his wife more.
    But.... if that was the case why didn't Darlie take him down with her? She's looking at the needle... why would she let him skate on it, if he was involved? I still think the plan was to kill her and the boys. I think he wanted out, and wanted big money. I wonder if he ever collected the insurance money for the boys? And if he did...did he use it to help his wife fight for her life? I wonder how supportive he's been to her? He always claimed he didn't believe she did it. just musing out loud here....

But wasn't the life insurance for the boys only about $5,000 each? Enough to bury them, not enough to really profit from their deaths?

This case drives me nuts!!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I don't remember the exact amount of the life insurance, but I do remember that it wasn't much.

I've heard that he is completely supportive of Darlie. But I guess he'd have to be, or she might tell his dirty secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    But.... if that was the case why didn't Darlie take him down with her? She's looking at the needle... why would she let him skate on it, if he was involved? I still think the plan was to kill her and the boys. I think he wanted out, and wanted big money. I wonder if he ever collected the insurance money for the boys? And if he did...did he use it to help his wife fight for her life? I wonder how supportive he's been to her? He always claimed he didn't believe she did it. just musing out loud here....

Totally see your point, but what about this. If she is twisted enough to kill her children maybe she is crazy enough to not take him with her? I wonder about the insurance money. If it was only like 5 grand a piece it seems the burial costs alone would have put him in debt. 5 grand isn't going to cover one whole funeral.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I don't remember the exact amount of the life insurance, but I do remember that it wasn't much.

I've heard that he is completely supportive of Darlie. But I guess he'd have to be, or she might tell his dirty secrets.

Totally Agree - I think he does have some "Dirty Little Secrets", whether she is guilty or not... He had a part in it - it's just my gut..... =)
    My Posse's On Broadway

bunny Guest
    if he does have some secrets why has she not told them??? man this case drives me batty, I just cant figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    if he does have some secrets why has she not told them??? man this case drives me batty, I just cant figure it out
    she is involved in some way if she knows something on him and won't tell it.

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Totally see your point, but what about this. If she is twisted enough to kill her children maybe she is crazy enough to not take him with her? I wonder about the insurance money. If it was only like 5 grand a piece it seems the burial costs alone would have put him in debt. 5 grand isn't going to cover one whole funeral.
    I have read so much about this case but, I can't remember how much the life insurance policies were. I think they were more than five grand. I wonder how much Darlie's policy was? The reason why I think it was money motivated is because they were in debt. They owed a bunch of money. Darin admitted that he had hired somebody to burgal their home a month before the murders. Here's another scenerio.... maybe he didn't pay the burglar what he promised. Burglar gets pissed and breaks into their house. Maybe the burglar was going to kill them all but, for some reason didn't finish the job? Maybe, when Darlie put up a fight he figured he better hit the road. See there are sooooo many scenerios that the cops probably never even thought of. They focused on Darlie from the get go. Basically, the cops couldn't have the public thinking there was someone on the loose killing children so, they had to hurry up ,and make an arrest. I thought she did it in the beginning too. After I saw all of the injury pictures, and started reading about it, I came to the conclusion that she may well be innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    I have read so much about this case but, I can't remember how much the life insurance policies were. I think they were more than five grand. I wonder how much Darlie's policy was? The reason why I think it was money motivated is because they were in debt. They owed a bunch of money. Darin admitted that he had hired somebody to burgal their home a month before the murders. Here's another scenerio.... maybe he didn't pay the burglar what he promised. Burglar gets pissed and breaks into their house. Maybe the burglar was going to kill them all but, for some reason didn't finish the job? Maybe, when Darlie put up a fight he figured he better hit the road. See there are sooooo many scenerios that the cops probably never even thought of. They focused on Darlie from the get go. Basically, the cops couldn't have the public thinking there was someone on the loose killing children so, they had to hurry up ,and make an arrest. I thought she did it in the beginning too. After I saw all of the injury pictures, and started reading about it, I came to the conclusion that she may well be innocent.
    That is a good scenerio Dex, I hadn't thought of that one, but that very well could be true. I am trying to think... Did this happen around the Susan Smith stuff? I could be wrong, but I am thinking it did and the cops were just so gung-ho that it was a parent because of what we all saw happen with the SS thing. I dunno, my dates could be off, but there was something that made them want to open and shut a case so fast. I know that we have seen that parents are capable of doing such terrible things to their children, but man her injuries were bad. If she did not have such evident gash marks and bruise's I would think she was guilty I have to admit, but her injuries give me juuuuuust enough doubt to question the whole thing. I hope she doesn't give up and keeps giong for an appeal. Wasn't there alot of info that was not allowed in th court room that could have helped her? I am a little foggy on the details.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    I agree, I've read a bit earlier today. I'm always in favor of another check into these things. Good point about the non-priors or any other suspicious treatment of the kids
    There maybe no priors toward the kids, however one night Darlie and her husband (I believe this happened before they married) Darin Routier were at a party and Darlie wanted to leave and Darin didn't....So Darlie storms off in a huff, about 10 minutes later she returns breathless saying someone tried to rape her..Darin wanted to wanted to call the cops but Darlie said no....Sounds like she needed the attention eh?

she is involved in some way if she knows something on him and won't tell it.
    Exactly. The only way she'll ever talk is when her appeals are done. Until then, she's not going to do or say anything else that incriminates her in any way, even as Darren's accomplice.

Now, once her appeals are up...she may be more than happy to spill what she knows about Darren's involvement. But at that point, how would we know she didn't make it up just to take him down with her? We'll never know this whole story.

OT, but I told hubs once that part of my idea of Heaven is that it has a huge library, with all the answers you'd ever want. How did the JFK assassination go down? Who killed the Black Dahlia? What killed King Tut? Every question you've ever had, or any mystery that's ever gone unsolved-all the answers would be found in books there. Including this case. I'd curl up in a comfy Heaven chair and read for centuries.

DexterKitty Guest
    That is a good scenerio Dex, I hadn't thought of that one, but that very well could be true. I am trying to think... Did this happen around the Susan Smith stuff? I could be wrong, but I am thinking it did and the cops were just so gung-ho that it was a parent because of what we all saw happen with the SS thing. I dunno, my dates could be off, but there was something that made them want to open and shut a case so fast. I know that we have seen that parents are capable of doing such terrible things to their children, but man her injuries were bad. If she did not have such evident gash marks and bruise's I would think she was guilty I have to admit, but her injuries give me juuuuuust enough doubt to question the whole thing. I hope she doesn't give up and keeps giong for an appeal. Wasn't there alot of info that was not allowed in th court room that could have helped her? I am a little foggy on the details.
    I'm not sure about the time frame it could have been when the Susan Smith ordeal went down. IMO.... those injuries were too severe to be self inflicted. The bruising on her arms was horrific, and I can't imagne anybody self injuring that bad. I hope she keeps up the appeals. I'd hate like hell to see her put to death unless they were 100% sure she's guilty. Too much reasonable doubt there.

Dane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    OT, but I told hubs once that part of my idea of Heaven is that it has a huge library, with all the answers you'd ever want. How did the JFK assassination go down? Who killed the Black Dahlia? What killed King Tut? Every question you've ever had, or any mystery that's ever gone unsolved-all the answers would be found in books there. Including this case. I'd curl up in a comfy Heaven chair and read for centuries.
    What a great idea. I've always thought the same thing but not in as much detail. I want a Heaven library too!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I love the idea of the Heaven Library! Can you just imagine all of us Death Hags who love the true crime reading all these cases?

That is, of course, assuming I would be joing you, which is questionable.

bunny Guest
    I have read quite a bit on this woman...
    and I know some of you will jump on me for this one..BUT a mother mourning her children would NOT have a birthday party at the graveyard...I know they said that she was there a week before and had a break down...BUT what mother would do that???
    I know there is NO way I would be laughing and smiling..sorry I just had to bring this up once again

DexterKitty Guest
    I think she looked sedated. An hour before the 'silly string incident' they had a very somber gathering. It was caught on tape too but, the media only played the one that villafide her. The media loooooves a good witch hunt. Things can be spliced and edited to appear entirely different than what actually happened too. Honestly, she could have been nuts by what happened and traumatized. Grief does strange things to a person. Maybe, her mind hadn't fully grasped what had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    I have read quite a bit on this woman...
    and I know some of you will jump on me for this one..BUT a mother mourning her children would NOT have a birthday party at the graveyard...I know they said that she was there a week before and had a break down...BUT what mother would do that???
    I know there is NO way I would be laughing and smiling..sorry I just had to bring this up once again
    You have a very valid point Bunny. I think if it were me I would be even more hysterical.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

NewYorkDoll Guest
    i think he helped her to cover up...perhaps to the point of beating her and maybe even being the one who cut her throat. it certainly would not help darlie's appeal if she spilled the beans on that.

the tipping point for me is the number of stab wounds. that is a crime of anger/passion. some random thief/molester/killer would not have done all that stabbing.....

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    i think he helped her to cover up...perhaps to the point of beating her and maybe even being the one who cut her throat. it certainly would not help darlie's appeal if she spilled the beans on that.

the tipping point for me is the number of stab wounds. that is a crime of anger/passion. some random thief/molester/killer would not have done all that stabbing.....
    exactly, especially to 2 small children

DexterKitty Guest
    I could see a hired killer stabbing the boys that many times to make sure they were dead. I'd actually have more of a problem believing a mother would stab her kids that many times. What was her supposed motive anyway? I don't recall hearing anything about previous reports of child abuse against the Routiers. I would think if she felt inconvienanced by her children she would have killed the baby too because, the baby would have been most demanding of her time. If there wasn't very much money from their life insurance policies, then there was no motive for financial gain? By all accounts she was a seemingly good mother to her children? I think she loved her kids but, I seriously wonder about Darin. Something just IS NOT RIGHT with that guy IMO.

kzs@b'sMimi Guest
    I agree with Cindy K. 100% - I also do not believe that Darlie Routier killed her children. For all of the same reasons that you also believe she is innocent! I think it is possible that serial killer, Tommy Lynn Sells could have commited this crime. He always used knives from the home and he always stabbed his victims. He didn't care who he killed - women, children, men - it didn't matter to him. Also, I think it is possible that he was in Texas when these murders occurred. Why don't they compare his fingerprints with the bloody fingerprint that was found in the home. How could anyone think she is guilty after looking at those pictures of the horrific bruises on her body? All of you that think she is guilty are crazy. It just does not make sense to me at all. I have seen ALL of the shows about this murder and even the woman who originally thought she was guilty and wrote a book about her being the murderer has recanted all of her statements in the book and now believes that Darlie is innocent. Texas police don't want justice, they just want to solve crimes as fast as they can and put them to death. There is no telling how many people have been executed in Texas who were never guilty in the first place. Texas police have blinders on - they put their sites on one person and ignore other leads or possible suspects once they have their minds made up. They don't care about getting the real killers - they only care about solving a crime and they never back down and never admit to mistakes or even say there is a possibility that someone else could have commited this crime. I am convinced that Darlie Routier is innocent and I will always believe this. I ache for this woman and I pray for her that she will not be put to death before her name is cleared.
    Last edited by kzs@b'sMimi; 08-17-2009 at 06:31 AM. Reason: wanted to put who I agreed with.

When is Darlie due to be executed?

laynesgrl Guest
    Tommy Lynn Sells. Wasn't he also a possible suspect in the murders of Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman?

ColorfulCasey Guest
    Just wanted to add my two cents....

I've seen Darin in person and I don't know if this was publicized or not, but he has a portrait tattoo on his upper arm of the two boys.

IMO, a reason why the cops would want to pin someone to this murder ASAP is because Rowlett is a fairly small community and is typically crime-free...especially in the early to mid 90's. I think I remember watching something on the case and that this was the first murder for Rowlett? I might be wrong though on that.

As far as Darlie's guilt, I'm like a lot of people and I am on the fence.

Katie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kzs@b'sMimi View Post
    I agree with Cindy K. 100% - I also do not believe that Darlie Routier killed her children. For all of the same reasons that you also believe she is innocent! I think it is possible that serial killer, Tommy Lynn Sells could have commited this crime. He always used knives from the home and he always stabbed his victims. He didn't care who he killed - women, children, men - it didn't matter to him. Also, I think it is possible that he was in Texas when these murders occurred. Why don't they compare his fingerprints with the bloody fingerprint that was found in the home. How could anyone think she is guilty after looking at those pictures of the horrific bruises on her body? All of you that think she is guilty are crazy. It just does not make sense to me at all. I have seen ALL of the shows about this murder and even the woman who originally thought she was guilty and wrote a book about her being the murderer has recanted all of her statements in the book and now believes that Darlie is innocent. Texas police don't want justice, they just want to solve crimes as fast as they can and put them to death. There is no telling how many people have been executed in Texas who were never guilty in the first place. Texas police have blinders on - they put their sites on one person and ignore other leads or possible suspects once they have their minds made up. They don't care about getting the real killers - they only care about solving a crime and they never back down and never admit to mistakes or even say there is a possibility that someone else could have commited this crime. I am convinced that Darlie Routier is innocent and I will always believe this. I ache for this woman and I pray for her that she will not be put to death before her name is cleared.
    Why in the world would you put blame on the hard working, unpaid police officers of this state.

Do you realize how much worse we would be without them?

I wouldn't place blame on the State of Texas - like the other Mizz ColorfulCasey said, they did live in a small town, probably without much experience due to the lack of crime in that area, it wasn't Houston or Dallas. Trust me - if you ask anyone on death row they are all "innocent". I have a hard time believing she did this too, I have always been on the fence, but I am not going to talk smack about Texas given people the needle. "Criminals - if you come to Texas and commit a crime, we gotta needle for ya!" Trust me there are far more cases here where the needle should have been the given, but it was not. I think what hurt her was the "secrets" that her and her hubby would not share with the police. I haven't read up on this case in a while, but didn't she/he refuse to testify or turn over some sort of evidence? I could be wrong, but I am thinking there was something funny about Darin's participation with the investigation. If my kids were brutally murdered, I would give my right arm if I thought that would help find the killer(s). That is not the time to start bucking the system.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Nicksmorbidfascination Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorfulCasey View Post
    Just wanted to add my two cents....

I've seen Darin in person and I don't know if this was publicized or not, but he has a portrait tattoo on his upper arm of the two boys.

IMO, a reason why the cops would want to pin someone to this murder ASAP is because Rowlett is a fairly small community and is typically crime-free...especially in the early to mid 90's. I think I remember watching something on the case and that this was the first murder for Rowlett? I might be wrong though on that.

As far as Darlie's guilt, I'm like a lot of people and I am on the fence.

I understand what you mean, police are overworked and underpaid, and no doubt in a small community such as this, would be under a hell of a lot pressure to make an arrest.
    That's not to suggest they could not have investigated other avenues, they could have. But if the prosecution are sure they have their culprit and are confident of a conviction, why bother?

I'm a fence sitter too. I do think it was possible though that it was a botched hit, botched meaning that Darlie was the initial target, surely she would have had a substantial life insurance policy, as for the kiddies...wrong place wrong time..collateral damage???

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmorbidfascination View Post
    I understand what you mean, police are overworked and underpaid, and no doubt in a small community such as this, would be under a hell of a lot pressure to make an arrest.
    That's not to suggest they could not have investigated other avenues, they could have. But if the prosecution are sure they have their culprit and are confident of a conviction, why bother?

I'm a fence sitter too. I do think it was possible though that it was a botched hit, botched meaning that Darlie was the initial target, surely she would have had a substantial life insurance policy, as for the kiddies...wrong place wrong time..collateral damage???

Hmmmm - that is a good theory! Wasn't Senor' Darin in trouble before for some kind fake something (robbery, fire, break in)? I need to go back and read to be sure, but that does make sense. Maybe he did want her gone, but he did not expect the kids to be down there with her at the time. Maybe it was a last minute, "Hey lets go downstairs and cuddle up and watch a movie" kinda thing. Maybe that's why he didn't hear anything because he thought it was just her? I dunno man, the pics of those little boys break my heart - her injuries were really bad too. I wish there was some way to know the truth...
    My Posse's On Broadway

I think Darin her husband was involved

I'm sure Darin was involved. But no one can attest to that except Darlie, and that would mean either completely changing her story (which wouldn't look good on her after so long, or be believeable) or admitting that she played a role in the murders. Even simply changing her story would still leave her open to charges of aiding and abetting or destroying evidence or some such. She'll never admit to being anything other than 100% innocent, IMHO.

I am not sure if either of them did it..but now they are at peace

Am I on crack or do I rememeber something about them having some sort of deal not to testify for or against eachother? For some reason that keeps sticking in my head and if it's true. it makes me very curious and suspicious (sp)..... =)
    My Posse's On Broadway

I think Derin didnt testify because he would have been eaten alive

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post

exactly, especially to 2 small children

Let's check with our expert here, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Jeffrey MacDonald!"

Am I on crack or do I rememeber something about them having some sort of deal not to testify for or against eachother? For some reason that keeps sticking in my head and if it's true. it makes me very curious and suspicious (sp)..... =)
    In some states, IIRC, husbands and wives cannot be compelled to testify against one another.

Right. You can't force a married couple to testify against each other, but they can do it voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by dstrattenfan View Post
    I think Derin didnt testify because he would have been eaten alive

LOL! Yeahhhh, that would have fo' sho' kept him off the stand! =)
    My Posse's On Broadway

Katie Guest
    The thing that you have to remember is there are groups of lawyers from all over the world, here in Texas, doing everything they can to get people off death row.

If there was a case, they would have pushed it forward.

There are answers to our questions, but we probably will never know what happened that night.

All this will do for us, is tear us apart inside, because we do care.

I agree that Roulette is a small town, but it is within miles of the large city of Dallas. It is by far one of the most expensive looking areas in Texas. Beautiful lake that goes through it, with lots of boats, and fancy eating places.

This is not Mayberry, and the police went with the evidence that had. The prosecutor did the same.

Like so many others I always go back and forth on this case. I think Darlie's lawyers played it wrong and definately could have gotten at least hung jury if they had focused less on the grave taping being illegal and more on the service BEFORE the party. I know if I was on the jury and had seen ALL of the evidence I would at least have reasonable doubt. Sometimes I think she's guilty and then sometimes not. It is a heartbreaking case. I guess the most we can hope is that the person that did this is getting their "just desserts". I think it is hard for us to believe that a mother would do this...we HOPE it is not her.

LoveRats Guest
    I don't think she did it.

If Darlie wanted to kill her children and not do time, there were lots of different ways she could have done it that would not have been so incriminating. Stabbing your kids in your own home, then seriously injuring yourself to cover it up would be extremely difficult to pull off. She could have caused a gas leak in the house, staged a car accident, murdered them elsewhere and faked an abduction, etc. Or she could have tried the 'God told me to do it because they were possessed by Satan' ploy, which seems to be a pretty common theme in Texas.

So much has been said here about Darlie's conduct at her children's grave site, and I remember being very shocked when I saw the footage and thinking to myself, "that crazy bitch did it." But some people do react differently to grief. I have been to funerals that were sober and depressing and to ones that were almost carnival-like. When my friend's uncle, a weird practical joker died, his entire family brought whoopie cushions to his funeral, and fart noises emanated from the audience during the entire eulogy, then everyone who came to express their condolences and shake family members' hands were zapped with joy buzzers.

Kate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have no idea if she did it or not but I must be one of the only people who doesn't have a problem with the "silly string incident". I don't see anything wrong with it, and I can totally understand doing that. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't make me think she did it any more or less than anything else.