Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tours Gone Wrong

Tours Gone Wrong

Scott,

I know your a busy man, with a lot of stuff on your plate, but I was wondering if you might find some time to post a few stories about Dearly Departed Tours that just didn't go right. Maybe people who came on the tour and didn't know what they were getting into or places on the tour you weren't able to get to. Have you ever gotten to a place on the tour and blanked out on what you were going to say. Have you ever had a vehicle accident or break down? stuff like that. I think there has to be some interesting stories. Not every tour can go smoothly every day.
    Let us know. We're listening.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ooooh, that's a good one John

Got any tidbits to share with us Scott?

knothere Guest
    and how many famous ppl have taken the tour

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Ooooh, that's a good one John

Got any tidbits to share with us Scott?
    Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    and how many famous ppl have taken the tour
    That's something I didn't think of. Could you imagine Nickolson on Scott's tour?
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

endsleigh03 Guest
    John , thats an excellent idea.

knothere Guest
    i think Henry Belefante's daughter or relation anywyas took it

ya jack tellin scott how to tour lol
    scott wood say sumin n jack 'd be like u cant say that lol

Katie Guest
    That is a very good question!!

Snoopy Guest
    Very good question..I think Alice Ghostly is another famous celeb that went on the tour. Come on Scott..we're like the National Enquirer..we wanna know..when you get a chance that is!

Not likely to happen but I wonder if Scott would 'edit' his tour if Roman Pulaski were to show up.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

knothere Guest
    good point like if celebs take the tour n he dont mention names n omits stories

Quote Originally Posted by johntrim040851 View Post
    Scott,

I know your a busy man, with a lot of stuff on your plate, but I was wondering if you might find some time to post a few stories about Dearly Departed Tours that just didn't go right. Maybe people who came on the tour and didn't know what they were getting into or places on the tour you weren't able to get to. Have you ever gotten to a place on the tour and blanked out on what you were going to say. Have you ever had a vehicle accident or break down? stuff like that. I think there has to be some interesting stories. Not every tour can go smoothly every day.
    Let us know. We're listening.
    Great thread!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    The best story would be if someone actually died while taking the tour.

Katie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post

Or.... Scott wanting to kill someone who took the tour.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    What a way to go, huh?

PvN73 Guest
    Has he left anyone behind on the tour (dump n run style)?

LOL, I have been lucky to have had over 6000 persons on my Dearly Departed Tour since I began. Only once have I had anyone stop the bus and get out. She was a bitch though. Someone was in line with her at Starbucks, and she was screaming at the people there, so it was never going to go well.

Um... really 99% of the time its uneventful. I've had some real dicks on the tour, but mostly people are terrific.

Driving in LA is a trip. Loads of angry horrid drivers. One typical event, if you are stopped at a light, someone will get into the right lane, and when it turns green, they punch it and cut me off. Happens all the time.

Once, when two cars cut me off and a third was going to force me to slam on my brakes, I thought, "fuck it." I continued on my way, and she sideswiped my van and I ripped the mirror off her car. Most satisfying driving moment in my life. We pulled over, and she screamed, "You ripped my mirror off!" I calmly said, "No no, 12 people saw what you just tried to do. Here is my card, if you wish to discuss this further, call me later." She never called.

I had a nasty black mark on my bus from her car, which came off with Goo Gone.

Fucking bitch.

PvN73 Guest
    Oh my god that is soo funny!

What a troll. What were the people on the tour like when that happened? I would have cheered you on.

Zombiegirl Guest
    LMAO!!!

knothere Guest
    ok and the famopus ppl on tour

Yeah, who has taken your tour that could be part of it some day?
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

djdeath-hag Guest
    Tell me (us) more, tell me more, like did he have a car? LOL Seriously, I am so appreciative when Scott takes time to post here. He has a legion of happy hags/fans and I personally can never thank Scott enough for FAD & this forum!
    More stories, please....when you have time!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    ...and I ripped the mirror off her car. Most satisfying driving moment in my life...
    haaaaaaaa
    that's awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

amylynn Guest
    Have any victim's family members taken the tour? I hope to be able to take the tour soon!!

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Tell me (us) more, tell me more, like did he have a car? LOL Seriously, I am so appreciative when Scott takes time to post here. He has a legion of happy hags/fans and I personally can never thank Scott enough for FAD & this forum!
    More stories, please....when you have time!

Yes! Yes!

Very, very well articulated.

qulevergrrl Guest
    I have only posted once since my most recent tour. Prior to that I posted daily. I enjoyed my previous tours, although, they weren't Dearly Departed. I had been on Graveline several times. Scott was the best host of the Graveline tour guides. Thus, I had very little to compare it to. I missed a few changes to the tour.

I didn't realize that adding the Helter Skelter tour would mean the elimination of the Paul Bern house. I missed the Jack Cassidy apartment. We left about 10 minutes late because of my husband's parking problems, and Scott had a tour after ours. Traffic was really bad that day. Both of these things being the case, he may have amended the tour a bit.

We tipped 30% to try and make up for our tardiness. I was trying to write a review of the tour for the forum, and I asked about certain streets, etc. I don't know if that was interpreted as plagarism, but it felt a little chilly.

Scott was a complete gentleman. He was polite and courteous. Sorry about the spelling all. At the beginnning of the tour, he announces that we should ask questions. I just felt like we got on his nerves. I felt as though the stories were annotated. They weren't as exciting as those on the board. I tried to prompt a few, but I felt as though the responses were as brief as the original stories. I missed the Bing Crosby story and house, etc.

I am a big Scott and Dearly Departed Tours fan. It took me several weeks to write this, because I didn't want to be rude or hurtful. I'm just being honest. Scott is a great guy. I just missed some of the old things about the old tour.

I hope you all have fun on the upcoming gathering. Take care.

knothere Guest
    well keep in mind he prolly talks about whats in the hood n prominant for the situation/location

o well if i took the tour then id have a helluva time in hollywood

bulldog0728 Guest
    LOL, I have been lucky to have had over 6000 persons on my Dearly Departed Tour since I began. Only once have I had anyone stop the bus and get out. She was a bitch though. Someone was in line with her at Starbucks, and she was screaming at the people there, so it was never going to go well.

Um... really 99% of the time its uneventful. I've had some real dicks on the tour, but mostly people are terrific.

Driving in LA is a trip. Loads of angry horrid drivers. One typical event, if you are stopped at a light, someone will get into the right lane, and when it turns green, they punch it and cut me off. Happens all the time.

Once, when two cars cut me off and a third was going to force me to slam on my brakes, I thought, "fuck it." I continued on my way, and she sideswiped my van and I ripped the mirror off her car. Most satisfying driving moment in my life. We pulled over, and she screamed, "You ripped my mirror off!" I calmly said, "No no, 12 people saw what you just tried to do. Here is my card, if you wish to discuss this further, call me later." She never called.

Fucking bitch.
    wow scott, alot of hostility still. I remember on our tour how we had to cut in front of some bitch who was gonna block us from turning at a redlight by staying in the intersection hile the light was red. It was too funny when you said I dont care and cut her off.

Hostility? Maybe. I've been a professional driver in LA for several years. The white knuckled trip down Sunset, trying to anticipate what the erratic drivers of H3s and Porsches are going to do next. I've managed pretty well so far, but it does jangle the nerves.

The sites mentioned were on the Grave Line Tour - not my company - not my tour. I did run that company, and those locations chosen were not up to me. The Dearly Departed tour is still an hour longer than Grave Line, still costs less than Grave Line did.

Fucking bitch.
    LMAO!! nice, it's the best when somebody is all high strung and you just remain calm (knowing you are right) never stooping to their level of anger. I need to try that sometime.

Anyway, hope to get out to Cali sometime soon for one of your tours Scott... and thanks again for this forum!

oh, good thread idea John... you have them every so often

Bake Guest

Fucking bitch.
    Thats right....give em the old Detroit Squeeeze!! LOL

bulldog0728 Guest
    Hostility? Maybe. I've been a professional driver in LA for several years. The white knuckled trip down Sunset, trying to anticipate what the erratic drivers of H3s and Porsches are going to do next. I've managed pretty well so far, but it does jangle the nerves.

The sites mentioned were on the Grave Line Tour - not my company - not my tour. I did run that company, and those locations chosen were not up to me. The Dearly Departed tour is still an hour longer than Grave Line, still costs less than Grave Line did.
    i think you almost have to be able to have the balls to do these things to these bastards as i remember driving down sunset and the animals you have to ride with. its like illinois times 10. i also want to add its not only sunset i had to ride down the 101 which was just as bad. for some reason the 405 didnt seem so bad. No one else i was with would drive in california at all. on a side note ill add scott is a great driver, its nice to see somebody that knows how to use the lower gears on hilly roads for engine braking etc. on really hilly roads. Not just put it in drive and go. If he wouldnt have cut in front of that other bitch @sunset and highland, we would have been there all day

knothere Guest
    im glad i dont drive n never will

i get road rage riding my mountain bike lol

Reecy Guest
    I wish I could go and take the tour. It sounds so exciting. I can only hope for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    I wish I could go and take the tour. It sounds so exciting. I can only hope for now.
    me too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bluebear71 Guest
    I have Scott's flyer for the tour, I am sooo gonna go! I would say its a must see in L.A.!!

pinkrose35 Guest
    The tour is one of the things on my Bucket List.

ShellBell Guest

I can't believe that I am even contemplating driving in LA when I visit this October. However, I am not sure how else I will get around at an affordable rate. Any tips any of ya'll have would be much appreciated.

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellBell View Post
    I can't believe that I am even contemplating driving in LA when I visit this October. However, I am not sure how else I will get around at an affordable rate. Any tips any of ya'll have would be much appreciated.
    Oh, there's nothing to driving in LA... for us tourists, anyway!!! Everyone else is hauling ass and knows where they're going, but I'm the old farmer in my rented convertible at a complete stop in front of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman's death house. I stayed off the freeways and accepted that I'd have to stop at a billion lights, but that gave me time to consult my star home map for directions to my next drive by.

Now, riding with a local is sca-ree! I was fortunate to win my 1st trip to LA complete with limo service and even he was a bit of a road freak. Good times. But he knew how to get to 5th Helena and Westwood Memorial park.

My next trip I'm going to take the DD tour... not sure how I've missed it so far!

Zombiegirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrose35 View Post
    The tour is one of the things on my Bucket List.
    LOL....mine too!

Grammy Guest
    I'm sure you didn't mean to be rude or hateful....but. When I took the tour I was blown away at the job of multi-tasking Scott does. He drives, he talks about the places he has chosen to show on the route, he shows a video, he made sure each of us were on the right page in the notebooks we were given...and besides ALL THAT--he can answer ANY question you ask...anything! I thought he was amazing. I just think it would be hard to manuvere in the traffic (while everyone is driving like they're trying to kill you) remember everything it is you want to say AND have questions thrown at you. I thought the tour and Scott were wonderful. He made us feel that, just for one afternoon, we were his special guests in this place called Hollywood and by the time we left he wanted to give us every opportunity to share the world he lives in. When the weather warms up out here I plan to take the Helter Skelter tour and I can't wait.

Man, the only exciting thing that ever happened to me in LA, was when a friend and I were walking back to our hotel on Sunset Blvd (after leaving the bar "Peanuts" when it closed at 2am), was this guy who jumped out of his car on a side-street, no pants on, jumped up and down (and so did a certain body part), yelling "Hi!" to us.

We pointed and laughed and kept on walking.

I took Scott's tour a little over a year ago and it was awesome. I asked tons of questions and Scott answered every single one of them along with adding additional info about what I was asking. I also talked Scott's ear off at the restroom stop (where George Michael got arrested) and he was fabulous. Was a little worried when I signed up for the tour that it might be a little too oogy for my girlfriend who is not a death hag (just a really good sport), but everything was fine. Considering the subject material, Scott did things very tastefully.

If you're ever in LA, don't miss it! Be sure to book early, because the tours do sell out, especially during the summer months. And no, Scott didn't pay me to post this!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Man, the only exciting thing that ever happened to me in LA, was when a friend and I were walking back to our hotel on Sunset Blvd (after leaving the bar "Peanuts" when it closed at 2am), was this guy who jumped out of his car on a side-street, no pants on, jumped up and down (and so did a certain body part), yelling "Hi!" to us.

We pointed and laughed and kept on walking.
    I take it you pointed out his "short comings" Use to go to Hollywood quite a bit until I moved to the desert last year. Attended the Hollywood Christmas parade a couple of times and watched the cops move the prostitutes off Sunset Blvd. before the parade. A few years back I waited in the car while my ex was conducted business in a nearby building. While sitting there a hooker comes up to the car next to me and starts talking business with the guy sitting there. Neither one cared that I overheard the whole conversation, definately x rated. I'm just glad they drove off and didn't do it there!

Didn't The Girls Next Door take the DD tour? I thought there was an episode on it.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Happy Squid Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Not likely to happen but I wonder if Scott would 'edit' his tour if Roman Pulaski were to show up.
    Pulaski LOL

If Roman Polanski shows up, he goes directly to jail without passing GO.

knothere Guest
    ok so if keanu reeves n i go on the tour is scott gona talk about jennifer syme

ya i know im delusional .....baby

QuarterRat Guest
    I was fortunate enough to get to take the dearly departed tour last year and it was SENSATIONAL! My sister and her boyfriend (who both live in Hollywood) and my best friend all loaded up for the fun. Not only did Scott navigate us safely (no accidents though that would have been fabulous) but he filled us with tons of tidbits that were part of the official tour and just things that came up when we were driving. I wish I knew a tenth about these things that Scott does. I'm definately going to have to plan a visit around Scott's schedule so I can do the Manson tour. OH, at the end of our tour Scott hung around with us for a few and gave us some tips on Manson sites. We went to El Coyote that night for dinner and then drove up to the Tate residence. It's gone but we got some good shots of the gate and the house that sits there now as well as the telephone pole Tex Watkins climbed to cut the phone wires.

If you're in L.A. then GO TO THIS TOUR. It's better than seeing houses where Lucille Ball may or may not have lived (thanks Golden Girls).

Oh, one last thing. Scott even pointed out Bob Barkers house and which ones were his garbage cans! That's dedication.

erin Guest
    scott definately knows his stuff, and he made my friends and i feel very welcome on his tour. we are all very big Marilyn Monroe fans, and we made no secret of this on the tour. scott went out of his way (literally) to show us a few Marilyn sites that weren't on his regular tour. he answered every question we had for him, and he even shared some Marilyn trivia with us. it was incredibly sweet of scott to do that for us, since he had all of the other sites on his tour. we went to visit marilyn on her birthday, but that tour turned out to be the highlight of our trip.

knothere Guest
    man if i ever get the chance scotts tour will b the first on my list
    if i can get from here to there
    woodnt b a problem
    n my son n my sis n my niecesss n my sis wanna tour the tour
    so we cood book in advance n fill the buss
    weeed all stay at my cuz big ass rich house my family tha tis lol

Scott, do you have any new stories? I know you're busy, but when you get a chance...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]