Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Well then if NBC is pulling the rug out from under him, then they have to know that there is truth in this. I don't think they are bowing to pressure, they know something. I don't believe all the woman who have come forward, but I feel sorry for those who really are victims, it does not help them by those who are grandstanding just for the publicity.
    Maybe they do know something, maybe they don't. However, when a scandal erupts, corporations tend to want to put as much real estate between them and the object of scorn. Self preservation. They always have a couple of projects in various stages of development and they can pursue those. I see it as an exercise in risk management. If the allegations are proven, they don't get tarred with the same brush. If he is innocent, they can always resume negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    At this point, I wouldn't feel comfortable claiming that any of them are grandstanding for publicity. Who wants to be known for being a victim of something like this? If a woman came forward who wasn't telling the truth, I believe Cosby would sue. Since that hasn't happened, I believe its because he doesn't want to be under oath.
    Never discount good old fashioned greed. The Australian dream is to own your own house. The American dream is to make a million, and people will do anything to achieve that objective.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Maybe they do know something, maybe they don't. However, when a scandal erupts, corporations tend to want to put as much real estate between them and the object of scorn. Self preservation. They always have a couple of projects in various stages of development and they can pursue those. I see it as an exercise in risk management. If the allegations are proven, they don't get tarred with the same brush. If he is innocent, they can always resume negotiations.
    This rings true to me. Not of the same magnitude but Eddie Murphy and the transvestite hooker scandal. He couldn't get work for awhile then began doing voicework in children's movies. Later acting in them. Roman Polanski. Yikes is the only word I have to describe that one. Fatty Arbuckle. There's still so much conjecture on that one. Forensics then not being what they are today perpetuating that. So many scandals I'm not gonna waste all our time naming them all. We know them here. But in all their various forms and degrees of scandal, they prove the above to be true.

I can see validity in the opinions on this case as well. We won't know the truth until time allows more events to unfold.

As the person who grew up watching him on tv and listening to his albums, I hope it's not true. But being a thinking person, it could be true. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post

Never discount good old fashioned greed. The Australian dream is to own your own house. The American dream is to make a million, and people will do anything to achieve that objective.
    Well I've never dreamed about money so maybe lumping all of us Americans into one category is a mistake. I guess its possible these people could make money from the allegations but I haven't seen any evidence they're trying.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Huge crowd protesting this rapist at a Denver theatre. Good for them!

I don't think anyone would want to be a victim, but this being Hollywood and all you have to wonder about some of them. I'm surprised he has not sued, unless his lawyers are waiting for the right time to make their moves.

I don't think anyone would want to be a victim, but this being Hollywood and all you have to wonder about some of them. I'm surprised he has not sued, unless his lawyers are waiting for the right time to make their moves.
    Well he knows that if he sues, he will be deposed and will have to answer many questions he might now want to have to speak to. Maybe he knows his memory isn't the greatest and its possible that since he knows some of these women are telling the truth, it wouldn't help him to have to try and remember who is who and what happened when. When you lie, it gets more and more difficult to try and remember what you said. Also, you can be sure that the attorneys involved in a high profile case such as this would be very, very skilled at cross examination and while Cosby is intelligent, I doubt he could hold his own against them.
    Minerva

The wife of Alan Ladd Jr. has now come forward. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...osby-1969.html

Holy Moly....what did this guy do?.....have a pocketful of Ecstasy and a flask of whiskey on hand wherever he goes???....If all of this is true.....he is borderline psychopath.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

The wife of Alan Ladd Jr. has now come forward. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...osby-1969.html
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Holy Moly....what did this guy do?.....have a pocketful of Ecstasy and a flask of whiskey on hand wherever he goes???....If all of this is true.....he is borderline psychopath.
    Quaalude was another drug that he would give out for headaches (Quaaludes knocked me on my ass back in the day). He seemed to have pills for anything that ailed you. What a guy!
    Cindy

Mammy Guest
    He must have kept a stiffy 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    If he wasn't wealthy, he would have been locked up years and years ago.
    Minerva

Bayou Queen Guest
    ..and to quote Casey Kasem, " the hits just keep coming."

If something like this would have happened to me long ago, I really don't know if I could come forth. It takes alot of courage to deal with something like this and especially against someone with that much fame and power. It would depend on whether or not I had a strong support system. Wow again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Wow!

Quaalude was another drug that he would give out for headaches (Quaaludes knocked me on my ass back in the day). He seemed to have pills for anything that ailed you. What a guy!
    Placidyl, or plaster pills as we called them back then could put you in a dream like state. Miss the ol' 714's.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Placidyl, or plaster pills as we called them back then could put you in a dream like state. Miss the ol' 714's.
    Yes, I remember that! My ex had a license plate that said "ZSZ 714". He said the DMV gave it to him that way! lol
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Yes, I remember that! My ex had a license plate that said "ZSZ 714". He said the DMV gave it to him that way! lol
    It's hard to slip a fun tag past the DMV.

Chelsea Handler says she narrowly missed being "Cosbied" about ten years ago.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/chelsea-h...201900043.html

"She says someone from the hotel told her that Cosby "would really like to meet you up in his hotel suite," at around three o'clock in the afternoon, but she felt uncomfortable meeting him alone. ... And I said, That's really weird. I don't want to go alone," Chelsea tells Esquire. "I go, 'I don't know him.' So the three guys I was with -- thank God these guys were with me. One was filming and one was like a producer; we were filming something -- I brought them up with me to his room and thank God I did, because now I know what would've happened if I went up there alone."
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Chelsea Handler is a cunt. I hate her so much. She's a mean person.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Chelsea Handler says she narrowly missed being "Cosbied" about ten years ago.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/chelsea-h...201900043.html

"She says someone from the hotel told her that Cosby "would really like to meet you up in his hotel suite," at around three o'clock in the afternoon, but she felt uncomfortable meeting him alone. ... And I said, That's really weird. I don't want to go alone," Chelsea tells Esquire. "I go, 'I don't know him.' So the three guys I was with -- thank God these guys were with me. One was filming and one was like a producer; we were filming something -- I brought them up with me to his room and thank God I did, because now I know what would've happened if I went up there alone."
    He's the only dude in Hollywood she hasn't shagged.
    Minerva

"narrowly missed being "Cosbied" Serious subject but that made me laugh.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I don't know who she thinks she's fooling. She sucked and fucked her way all the way to the middle.

No matter how much consensual sex you have doesn't make it ok to be drugged and raped. I know she is a controversial person but she was smart enough to take backup with her.

By the way I HATE this wired keyboard I had to buy after my wireless went tits up!!!!!!
    Last edited by cleanskull; 03-25-2015 at 08:47 PM.

No matter how much consensual sex you have doesn't man it's ok to be drugged and raped. I know she is a controversial person but she was smart enough to take backup with her.
    Oh absolutely. I hope I didn't give the impression that being Cosbied is fine. I think loving sex is fine regardless of gender but she does have the reputation of being where she is because of what she did (in addition to her talent which too often isn't enough).
    Minerva

Oh absolutely. I hope I didn't give the impression that being Cosbied is fine. I think loving sex is fine regardless of gender but she does have the reputation of being where she is because of what she did (in addition to her talent which too often isn't enough).
    It's Hollywood. Everybody is fucking somebody else. If it advances your career so much the better. I'm happy with a yeehaw and a nap.

It's Hollywood. Everybody is fucking somebody else. If it advances your career so much the better. I'm happy with a yeehaw and a nap.
    You sound like a Texan I might know. LOL
    Minerva

You mean a Baja Oklahoman?

You mean a Baja Oklahoman?
    Nah, its Jerry Jones. LOL
    Minerva

Three more have come out of the woodwork. This brings the total so far to 38.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ictims-38.html
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I never did try one of those and now I'm super glad about that. I think I was grown too late anyway. They were banned by the time I heard of them.
    Minerva

I remember ludes. Powerful drug in the 70's. I can see why they were banned.

I think I have heard enough. Go away Cosby. I no longer want to look at your ugly face. I have doubts you will ever face charges.

A shame, I really liked him as a kid.

he can DIAF! ugh these type of assholes live foreverrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I'd love to see how Phylicia Rashad and everyone else who defended him will manage to talk their way out of this when he's admitted it himself. I can't remember who it was that said it but seemingly it's been known in Hollywood for years and like Jimmy Saville here, it was only a matter of time before it was revealed and it would snowball with the amount of women and that's exactly what's happened.

Whoopi is still defending this dirt bag

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...he-view-201577

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    Whoopi is still defending this dirt bag

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...he-view-201577
    Is it the old "It wasn't Rape rape" thingy again?

If Donald Trump really wants to stop rapists, he
    should build a wall around Bill Cosby.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    If Donald Trump really wants to stop rapists, he
    should build a wall around Bill Cosby.
    Sounds like a good start, but still leaves about 15 million who decided not to fill out the paperwork.
    Minerva

If I was Roman Polanski, I'd be massively jealous at what Cosby was able to get away with and will never be prosecuted for (though sued, MAYBE for SOME cases.) On the other hand, RP hasn't done so badly for himself as it turned out. Such is life amongst the powerful showbiz dirtbags.

If a man habitually needs to pack a portable medicine chest to induce women to shag, if they are not otherwise enticed by his prominence, money, and/or appearance, then what does that tell you? And this makes his wife's behavior all the more baffling-- I suppose in some marriages the spouses might make some accommodation when large assets and/or children are involved, but to know BC HAD to dope his conquests every chance he got? How does one accommodate THAT? Or was Camille being drugged too, or took them to endure, or was SHE having a slew of affairs, too?

there should never be a statute of limitations on rape

^^^^^This.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Agree....
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

cosby may have somnophilia - being aroused by the idea of having sex with someone sleeping. never heard of it

http://nypost.com/2015/07/09/cosby-m...cusers-lawyer/

All I know is that he fucking could have saved me a lude to try with my husband.
    Minerva

gottaqhfilly Guest
    Sounds like a good start, but still leaves about 15 million who decided not to fill out the paperwork.
    15 million my ass. More like 30 million.

I agree that he should be prosecuted for all of the cases, no matter how old. Sometimes the law sucks.

Ditto

All I know is that he fucking could have saved me a lude to try with my husband.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I agree that he should be prosecuted for all of the cases, no matter how old. Sometimes the law sucks.
    Ain't that the damn truth.

So was singer Jill Scott, but she is no longer supporting him after the court admissions were made public.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

The Cos' should have been an undertaker where lots of unconscious bodies are available.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bill-e-biancaneve.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	52857  
    Cindy

Ha!