Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    That bandwagon sure must be getting full with all of the women hopping on it. Where have they all been for the last thirty years?
    Fucking somebody else.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Combine these, please.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I hadn't seen this new victim yet. Thanks. I was just thinking that since he was such a respected person in the black community, there was no way he could be seen dating a white female so maybe that's why he chose them as his victims but clearly after seeing your post, he was an equal opportunity rapist. So very sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I think he's guilty of both. Drugging women and having sex with them while they're unconscience does make him a "full on rapist."
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Yeah, somebody on my Facebook posted a clip of Nikki Giovanni talking about Cosby. This was before the most recent scandal, but she was calling him out for telling young blacks how to behave. She kind of suggested that if he still had his own son, maybe he wouldn't be telling everybody else how to raise theirs.
    He's been doing that since the 70's, so I don't think the 2 events are related. It's obvious though she's pissed off.

Saw his book Fatherhood in a thrift store with my mom today. Seeing it brought back good memories of his HBO comedy special for both of us. Now this. I hope there is a trial so we can know the truth. Innocent or guilty, he's going to be stuck with this for a long time due to the internet and it's plethora of search engines, cached pages and the internet wayback machine.

I remember when Ennis died by the side of the highway. Very sad business that. Then the out of wedlock child scandal while still married to Camille. She must've been devastated by that.

I was wondering when the former Playboy Bunnies would spill. The Playboy Mansion seemed to be a second home to Cos over the years:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...idiculous.html
    Cindy

There's just WAY too many of them for Cos to deny it any longer...but looks like he will anyway.

That bandwagon sure must be getting full with all of the women hopping on it. Where have they all been for the last thirty years?
    Exactly what I was thinking. I also agree with SomeChick - stuck with it regardless of innocence or guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I also agree with SomeChick - stuck with it regardless of innocence or guilt.
    ^^^^^This.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yep. This ain't going away.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I don't think Bill will be around much longer.

I wonder how much his wife knew of his sexual proclivities. She probably turned a blind eye to it years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I don't think Bill will be around much longer.
    Me either. Like I said above a few days ago, his ass is grass.

I mean I think he's going to die soon. I saw him on something not long ago and he's really starting to look/act his age. And that was before all this broke again.

Having a hard time with this one. On the one hand, the amount of women coming forward and some of the similarities in their reports is overwhelming. I can believe he bedded a lot of women and I can believe that he may have promised some of them things he could not deliver on but the drug and rape aspects are creepy. How could he have justified this behavior to himself? He certainly knew it was wrong. Some writers have noted that none of the cast of the famous "Cosby" show have jumped up to to defend him. That would seem to indicate they know something was going on. On the other hand, none of this has been proven in court and I am reluctant to find the man guilty of crimes just on accusations alone. Since he is 77 years old, I don't understand why he has not already packed it in and gotten out of town. I feel for his wife Camille who has gone through a son's murder and now this crap. I feel for the women- some of them seem very credible about what happened.

I heard that they were checking to see if any of the girls were underage at the time. The idea being that the statute of limitations does not count in the case of under age kids. I have no idea about American law, so not sure if that is true or not. If it is so, then they are trying every angle in the book to get him!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

That would make him a full on rapist. But I don't think he did that. And it certainly can't be proven in a court of law 30 years later. He should sue all these women for slander. When you listen to these stories not one of them is at all believable. The one posted above about him going to the green room of the tonight show and forcing his dick in that womans mouth. Yeah that sounds sane and believable. Ima go talk to Johnny in a second... let me randomly stick my cock in this chick's mouth before I go out. Not to mention it is physically impossible to stick a dick in someone's mouth without them participating by opening. Not to mention the damage you could have done to you by sticking your dick between 2 unwelcoming rows of teeth. It's just bullshit!!
    Well he never will sue them because he would have to take the stand and answer all of the questions opposing counsel wants to ask him. There are other people who would also have to testify and I'm guessing there are people with plenty of dirt on him. From what I've read, civil lawsuits against him are already being prepared. I'm guessing he will settle them for "undisclosed sums" to make them go away. I have read he has already paid money to more than one woman.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Combine these, please.
    All done.
    Minerva

Leonard Part 6 is the greatest film ever made. The End.

Leonard Part 6 is the greatest film ever made. The End.
    Hm. Tough door.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I heard that they were checking to see if any of the girls were underage at the time. The idea being that the statute of limitations does not count in the case of under age kids. I have no idea about American law, so not sure if that is true or not. If it is so, then they are trying every angle in the book to get him!
    It may vary by state, but I am almost positive underage doesn't mean anything. SOL still applies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    It may vary by state, but I am almost positive underage doesn't mean anything. SOL still applies.
    I think you're right. All of the Stephen Collins cases were past the SOL.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Whether you liked Bill Cosby or not, believe he actually raped any of the women he messed with or not, this MAY really make you a tad angry. Jerk sold out his own daughter to divert media attention from his sordid fun activities. I heard about this in the morning, so I HAD to google for details.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...showgirls.html

I seem to remember that Erica was a frequent butt of her father's "humor." Poor Ennis too. They deserved better. (And how odd that Ennis was murdered during an earlier awkward spell of his father's lagging career and similar scandal. Things that make one go "hmmm.." Coincidence is a bitch, karma's a bigger one.)

This is dragging out all the old rumors of BC's interactions with all the females on THE COSBY SHOW, and speculation about his wife (of 50 not-so-ideal years) getting any on the side and/or is she gay and how much did she know or is she like Sandusky's wife, etc. etc.
    Last edited by Linnie; 11-25-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Whether you liked Bill Cosby or not, believe he actually raped any of the women he messed with or not, this MAY really make you a tad angry. Jerk sold out his own daughter to divert media attention from his sordid fun activities. I heard about this in the morning, so I HAD to google for details.

I seem to remember that Erica was a frequent butt of her father's "humor." Poor Ennis too. They deserved better. (And how odd that Ennis was murdered during an earlier awkward spell of his father's lagging career and similar scandal. Things that make one go "hmmm.." Coincidence is a bitch, karma's a bigger one.)

This is dragging out all the old rumors of BC's interactions with all the females on THE COSBY SHOW, and speculation about his wife (of 50 not-so-ideal years) getting any on the side and/or is she gay and how much did she know or is she like Sandusky's wife, etc. etc.
    Does he have a relationship with his daughter now?

Bayou Queen Guest
    We saw this on Inside Edition tonight: http://www.insideedition.com/enterta...o-target-women

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    We saw this on Inside Edition tonight: http://www.insideedition.com/enterta...o-target-women
    I'm trying so hard to be in denial. It's hard for me to accept that the pudding pop guy is a perverted dirtbag. Apparently he is even more of an actor than we gave him credit for.

Lotta these celebs who were regular guests of Heff's were horndogs, and doubtless some of them pervs, as well. Can you imagine what TMZ would give to find out the exact details of these "parties". 'Course, since everyone concerned knew that this wasn't a church meeting, any weirder than usual activity would be chalked up to a he said she said, and you knew what you were in for, blah blah blah. Not to compare him 100% with the Cos, but I recall that James Caan was quite taken with the place, also.

Mammy Guest
    I have little doubt that he cheated on his wife and probably had sex with dozens of different women. That makes him unfaithful and a lousy husband, but it isn't terribly shocking. I don't agree with that type of behavior, but it isn't illegal. I'm sure it's pretty common for married celebrities. It's the thought of him sexually harrassing, drugging, and raping women that bothers me. My mind doesn't want to make the leap from adulterer to predator. He has been around since I was a small child and I always thought he was a decent person.

Bayou Queen Guest
    I loved Bill Cosby and held him in high regard but I feel sort of duped. As a society I think we look for heroes but many times they fall off that pedestal we put them on because they weren't that person we wanted them to be in the first place. I am sure it takes a village to clean up the image of quite a few celebs that are we consider wholesome. I did see in the video along with a young Bill Cosby was an alive Peter Lawford and Sammy Davis, Jr. Rat Packers and certainly no Boy Scouts.
    Last edited by Bayou Queen; 11-25-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    I loved Bill Cosby and held him in high regard but I feel sort of duped. As a society I think we look for heroes but many times they fall off that pedestal we put them on because they weren't that person we wanted them to be in the first place. I am sure it takes a village to clean up the image of quite a few celebs that are we consider wholesome. I did see in the video along with a young Bill Cosby was an alive Peter Lawford and Sammy Davis, Jr. Rat Packers and certainly no Boy Scouts.
    Yes, duped is a good way of describing it. I remember him all the way back to "Fat Albert" days and loved "The Cosby Show." He just always seemed so fatherly and wise, like a genuinely decent person. I felt so awful for him and his wife when Ennis was murdered. It was a lot easier to hide bad behavior thirty or forty years ago than it is now and I'm sure he never expected these things to come back to bite him when he was an old man. I was pretty skeptical in the beginning, but there's just too much to be ignored. With this much smoke, there has to be some fire. It's just disappointing.

Innocent till proven guilty I am afraid. I am having my doubts though.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

He has had the "creep" factor for me since the '70's due to what I was hearing back then. So all these stories don't surprise me at all. When others have said "well, why didn't they report it then?", you have to remember what it was like for any woman who accused any man of rape, especially one as popular, and rich as Cosby. Basically, victims would have been treated as someone who asked for it or not believe them at all. One of the accusers was a Playboy bunny. She said she had no credibility back then. The attitude back then, and probably now to an extent, was she asked for it due to her job. Who's going to believe a woman who posed nude? She's a tramp! That's what she, and other woman, would have been subjected to.

Now, Cosby's former "Mr. Fix-it" has come out to verify what has been going on. He's claiming some of the girls were as young as 16.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post

I have mixed feelings. If he did it for the right reason, it wouldn't bother me. You may remember that Martin Sheen who called a press conference to try and get help for Charlie Sheen. He did it for the right reasons. Cosby, on the other hand seems to have had selfish motives.
    Minerva

So far 20 against 1 now...I doubt he's innocent.

That is so true. A school teacher or a nurse would be considered a reputable profession, but not a Playboy bunny or a model. Many years ago being an "actress" would have been kind of dubious way to make a living. I can see why they would be afraid to come forward, no one would believe them. Oh, she's a nude model, if she's posing for a magazine for all to see she has no morals. Who's going to believe a model ? I hope they nail his ass.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    That is so true. A school teacher or a nurse would be considered a reputable profession, but not a Playboy bunny or a model. Many years ago being an "actress" would have been kind of dubious way to make a living. I can see why they would be afraid to come forward, no one would believe them. Oh, she's a nude model, if she's posing for a magazine for all to see she has no morals. Who's going to believe a model ? I hope they nail his ass.
    It may not be nice to say, but I don't believe Janice Dickinson for a split second. I think she hopped on the bandwagon just to call attention to her disgusting self. I was having a rough time believing anybody to begin with, but I think it's pretty obvious he's been getting away with a lot of really bad behavior for decades.

Oh Mammy, don't get me started on Janice !! LOl I agree with you on that, her credibility is dead in the water. When I saw her on ET I thought what a liar. As for the other woman, the ones who really were sexually abused are up against woman looking for their moment in the spotlight. Who's telling the truth and who's not. We'll see.

36. 11-26-2014, 05:38 PM

I am not a fan of Janice either. But maybe her reputation would have made her an easy target for someone who felt no one would believe her anyway. Has anyone heard her interview with Howard Stern in 06 or 07 where she accused Cosby of doing something bad? Not supporting her, just not able to get a lot of these older videos where I live, and wonder if anyone has heard it and what they think.

Among others, another reason I wish Joan Rivers had not died: I would have liked to hear HER take on all this business.

I've heard bits of it, where Howard brings it up. She can only say he was not a nice guy, and took advantage of her after she got out of rehab, but could not say more. This happened in 1982 and she was still a reasonably big model, so I don't know. I didn't think she went to rehab until the late 80's or early 90's when her career really crashed and burned. Personally, I don't believe her.

It would definitely be interesting to get Joan's take. I think she'd take Bill's side. She sticks up for stand ups. She might have joked about it like Roseanne.... which personally I found kinda funny.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrit...tor/ar-BBg4474

Doughbake1 Guest
    Oh Mammy, don't get me started on Janice !! LOl I agree with you on that, her credibility is dead in the water. When I saw her on ET I thought what a liar. As for the other woman, the ones who really were sexually abused are up against woman looking for their moment in the spotlight. Who's telling the truth and who's not. We'll see.
    That is always the problem when false victims with false allegations jump on the bandwagon. Because they tend to serve to discredit the testimony of genuine victims.

That is part of the reason why sentences for making false sexual allegations should be much stiffer than they are. Not only do they destroy the lives of innocent people - no smoke without fire and bullshit thinking like that - they also serve to undermine the credibility of everyone who is genuinely a victim of awful sexual abuse of some kind. False accusers do genuine victims no favours at all.

Mammy Guest
    It would definitely be interesting to get Joan's take. I think she'd take Bill's side. She sticks up for stand ups. She might have joked about it like Roseanne.... which personally I found kinda funny.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrit...tor/ar-BBg4474
    It may have been in poor taste by some people's standards, but I thought it was funny.

It may have been in poor taste by some people's standards, but I thought it was funny.
    Yeah... if somebody else made the joke I could see people getting offended. But her doing it doesn't bother me a bit.

Mammy Guest
    Yeah... if somebody else made the joke I could see people getting offended. But her doing it doesn't bother me a bit.
    Yes, that's my opinion, too. That may also be the reason why some people were offended since a lot of people don't like Roseanne. Joan Rivers would have come up with much more offensive jokes about it if she was still around.

Yeah... Joan and Roseanne. Man I'd love to have dinner with those 2 broads. And I mean broads in the absolute best way possible. Get a few drinks in them. Throw out a topic and watch em go. I bet you'd laugh for a month.

You are absolutely right. It's not going to be easy for those women who are telling the truth. I just hope some form of punishment is given to him, so that these women have some kind of justice.

I really shouldn't.

But I'm going to.

Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Mammy Guest
    Ooh, that's baaaaad. Lol

You are absolutely right. It's not going to be easy for those women who are telling the truth. I just hope some form of punishment is given to him, so that these women have some kind of justice.
    There will be a long, drawn out civil suit. My heart breaks for his family.
    Minerva

I guess they can take solace in knowing that bringing it all back up in this ultra PC time has cost him his new show and literally millions of dollars. I'm afraid that's about the only "justice" they're going to get.

That's probably true, but at least it keeps him from making money to some extent.He's playing my hometown on Jan.9...and many are already being refunded their money.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 11-30-2014 at 04:21 PM.