Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby

We could go back to the days of chaperone dating and chastity belt. Gay men go out and get beated when they go out for sex. Women wanted freedom. If you advertise you have to be prepared to sell. Kobe Bryant got off. So did Bill Clinton. I think Bill Cosby is a damanged man but why agree to meet with him.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

None of us are responsible for the evil others can do.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    We could go back to the days of chaperone dating and chastity belt. Gay men go out and get beated when they go out for sex. Women wanted freedom. If you advertise you have to be prepared to sell. Kobe Bryant got off. So did Bill Clinton. I think Bill Cosby is a damanged man but why agree to meet with him.
    I don't know the answers to your questions but if society would stop high fiving guys and shaming women over sex, I think it might be a good place to begin.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I don't know the answers to your questions but if society would stop high fiving guys and shaming women over sex, I think it might be a good place to begin.
    My statement was about the fact that society used to be protective of women. Guys could always have their freedom even though they used to get into trouble and their was a price to pay. Women decided at some point they wanted the same freedom. You do not put yourself in a situation where you are alone with a guy you hardly know. I could see if someone broke into your home or jumped out from the bushes.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

You are right, you should never put yourself in a situation where you are alone with a guy you don't know, but how do we know some of the women didn't know him casually and thought they could trust him? And I bet some had seen his warm and fuzzy teddy bear persona on TV and thought they knew him? And some were desperate for a career break, yes, the old casting couch, but having consensual sex for benefits is another ballgame from being drugged and raped. The victim should never in the slightest be blamed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

i hope his anus explodes. he will totally get off (no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    You are right, you should never put yourself in a situation where you are alone with a guy you don't know, but how do we know some of the women didn't know him casually and thought they could trust him? And I bet some had seen his warm and fuzzy teddy bear persona on TV and thought they knew him? And some were desperate for a career break, yes, the old casting couch, but having consensual sex for benefits is another ballgame from being drugged and raped. The victim should never in the slightest be blamed.
    My point is that years ago there were rules for women so that these type of things do not happened. Should we go back to chaperone dating? Women want their freedom so this is what happens as part of their freedom. Mixed signals and all that happen which is the reason you are not alone with a guy you do not know well. I am saying this because the argument was used for Bill Clinton and others.?yes the victims were blamed.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Instead of teaching women to live in constant fear and not put themselves in bad situations how about parents teach their boys not to rape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Instead of teaching women to live in constant fear and not put themselves in bad situations how about parents teach their boys not to rape.
    yes! we never hear of parents teaching their boys to respect women. CMON!!! i'm tired of the double standard

10. 01-11-2016, 04:56 PM

Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    yes! we never hear of parents teaching their boys to respect women. CMON!!! i'm tired of the double standard
    Heck, TX, I grew up in the 60s and my mother told me flat out that boys could do what they wanted to--and she was most def talking about sex--but I couldn't, right in front of my freaking boyfriend. Fortunately, he was a good guy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

My statement was about the fact that society used to be protective of women. Guys could always have their freedom even though they used to get into trouble and their was a price to pay. Women decided at some point they wanted the same freedom. You do not put yourself in a situation where you are alone with a guy you hardly know. I could see if someone broke into your home or jumped out from the bushes.
    Thanks for the post because I did apparently get it mixed up. Totally agree with you about being in situations one cannot handle. It might not be fair, but I'm goal oriented.

Domino, I don't believe in blaming the woman but blaming parents is equally wrong. I'm pretty sure parents DO teach their boys not to go around raping girls, or killing them, or robbing banks or stealing cars and all of the other thousands of things that are against the law.
    Last edited by McCourt; 01-11-2016 at 06:28 PM.
    Minerva

13. 01-11-2016, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the post because I did apparently get it mixed up. Totally agree with you about being in situations one cannot handle. It might not be fair, but I'm goal oriented.

Domino, I don't believe in blaming the woman but blaming parents is equally wrong. I'm pretty sure parents DO teach their boys not to go around raping girls, or killing them, or robbing banks or stealing cars and all of the other thousands of things that are against the law.
    What I meant was girls have always been taught to not wear this, don't walk there, don't act like that, don't go there, don't say that...... because if you do, then you're asking for it. This has been throughout history. It's common knowledge. I never hear about boys being taught that no matter how a girl dresses, looks, acts, says, does; it's NEVER ok to attack a woman and force intercourse on her. They are told to stay away from a certain type of girl because she's not good marriage material. Another double standard. Women are sluts and whores if they have a lot of sex and enjoy it. If those women get raped it's ok because they're whores anyway. Why not teach boys that women are equal to men, that women can wear what they want to and still be respected, that all women deserve respect. They deserve the right not to be forced into sex when they don't want it or are incapable of giving consent. It doesn't matter who she is or what she does or how she dresses or how she acts; rape is NEVER ok. I don't believe all boys are taught that. I'm not say "no boys". So when there are men who rape, under any given circumstance, I think the parents are to blame in some of those cases. Maybe a large percentage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Domino, maybe you've never heard about those cases because they're the majority. Most men will not take advantage of a drunk female at a party. Most men wouldn't find a lost, scared, drunk girl and victimize her. Most men will not try and get a date drunk and sexually assault her. Most men don't feel its okay to take advantage of a girl no matter what. Those are the men you never hear of. Men doing the right thing rarely make the news. I've raised two men and I taught them both exactly what you posted. Most of us parents do teach that. However, I've also raised a daughter and told her all the things that you posted too. Its not right for people to "slut shame" girls. Its not okay for society to say that they asked for rape or even being talked bad about because of how they dress. However, I've taught her that her safety BEGINS with her. I've taught her that she needs to keep her wits about her. Don't be the sloppy drunk person. I'm glad to say that I've been lucky with all three of my kids.
    Minerva

Domino, maybe you've never heard about those cases because they're the majority. Most men will not take advantage of a drunk female at a party. Most men wouldn't find a lost, scared, drunk girl and victimize her. Most men will not try and get a date drunk and sexually assault her. Most men don't feel its okay to take advantage of a girl no matter what. Those are the men you never hear of. Men doing the right thing rarely make the news. I've raised two men and I taught them both exactly what you posted. Most of us parents do teach that. However, I've also raised a daughter and told her all the things that you posted too. Its not right for people to "slut shame" girls. Its not okay for society to say that they asked for rape or even being talked bad about because of how they dress. However, I've taught her that her safety BEGINS with her. I've taught her that she needs to keep her wits about her. Don't be the sloppy drunk person. I'm glad to say that I've been lucky with all three of my kids.
    Yep.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

YES!! I hope this works:

Bill Cosby should be prosecuted not just for allegedly sexually assaulting Andrea Constand, but to get justice for many other women with similar claims who were thwarted by the comedian's celebrity ... so say prosecutors who are fighting to keep the current criminal prosecution alive.

Pennsylvania prosecutors have just filed legal docs objecting to Cosby's move to have the case dismissed, on grounds he cut a deal with the former prosecutor who promised the case would never be filed.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3xq4E8ecb
    Minerva

YES!! I hope this works:

Bill Cosby should be prosecuted not just for allegedly sexually assaulting Andrea Constand, but to get justice for many other women with similar claims who were thwarted by the comedian's celebrity ... so say prosecutors who are fighting to keep the current criminal prosecution alive.

Pennsylvania prosecutors have just filed legal docs objecting to Cosby's move to have the case dismissed, on grounds he cut a deal with the former prosecutor who promised the case would never be filed.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3xq4E8ecb
    the statute of limitations is over for most. I case is within. I just do not see this moving forward. It a he said/she said case with no physical evidence. Yes I am from PA and have been following.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Just as I predicted. The defamation case has been tossed.http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/us/bil...sed/index.html

Edna St. Vincent Millay

If a woman is attacked and raped, SHE did not put herself in that situation. The person who hurt her did. It doesnt matter how she is dressed or where she is. The person responsible is the attacker. People will rail on how they may have been dressed or where they go, but why is there a double standard? Men go out in public shirtless, and with their jeans sagging down their ass all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    If a woman is attacked and raped, SHE did not put herself in that situation. The person who hurt her did. It doesnt matter how she is dressed or where she is. The person responsible is the attacker. People will rail on how they may have been dressed or where they go, but why is there a double standard? Men go out in public shirtless, and with their jeans sagging down their ass all the time.
    ^THIS^ So much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    the double standard is out there. If you want to put s women in a situation where a guy has to negotiate every move. You do not put yourself into situation where you can be taken advantage of.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

the double standard is out there. If you want to put s women in a situation where a guy has to negotiate every move. You do not put yourself into situation where you can be taken advantage of.
    This line of thinking is perpetuating the belief that it's the woman's fault she got raped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This line of thinking is perpetuating the belief that it's the woman's fault she got raped.
    ITA
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Amen.
    Cindy

kobe Bryant, Mike Tyson. Bill Clinton all got off in the court of public opinion because of this logic. You would vote for Bill Clinton all over again. They all took advantage of women and people took these Guy's side. Typical.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Amen.
    Agreed.
    Minerva

Agreed.
    The defamation part of the lawsuit was already dismissed. Andrea Constad's case is weaken by the fact she still had contact with him afterwards. He said she said. Not defending him . By the way. Women are human and are not always completely honest.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

29. 02-01-2016, 12:37 PM

The defamation part of the lawsuit was already dismissed. Andrea Constad's case is weaken by the fact she still had contact with him afterwards. He said she said. Not defending him . By the way. Women are human and are not always completely honest.
    No one is ever completely honest. Sad to say in cases like this one, where it's he said she said, they tend to side with the men. I'm hoping that won't happen, but since he's famous it could.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

This is the news today. Former prosecutor said the woman's story does not add up.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Well said...

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

Thank GOD, some justice out there for these sick famous men who think they can get away with this "twisted" and abusive behavior.....KARMA is a bitch and Bill Cosby deserves the worst of what is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by triccelli View Post
    Thank GOD, some justice out there for these sick famous men who think they can get away with this "twisted" and abusive behavior.....KARMA is a bitch and Bill Cosby deserves the worst of what is coming.
    I hope he gets on the stand and testifies.
    Minerva

Smug ass look coming out of court today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-03T144109Z_2064726501_GF10000294417_RTRMADP_3_PEOPLE-COSBY.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	53352
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Finally some good news
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Smug ass look coming out of court today.

Very smug. I'd like to slap him senseless.
    Minerva

Very smug. I'd like to slap him senseless.
    He is almost blind. I remember the past election for DA that there were commercials making this an issue. The present DA lost. The last DA stated that it was not a strong case because she still had contact with Cosby and there was the length of time she took to report this. No forensic evidence. This DA has to look like he is fulfilling his campaign promise. The testimony that Cosby gave was supposed to have been kept private. Given all that I do not know what rabbits this DA is going to pull.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

He is almost blind. I remember the past election for DA that there were commercials making this an issue. The present DA lost. The last DA stated that it was not a strong case because she still had contact with Cosby and there was the length of time she took to report this. No forensic evidence. This DA has to look like he is fulfilling his campaign promise. The testimony that Cosby gave was supposed to have been kept private. Given all that I do not know what rabbits this DA is going to pull.
    Blind or not, I'd still like to bitch slap the fuck out of him. I honestly don't believe that he will go to prison, but only for the reasons you stated and the fact that its almost impossible for a celebrity to be found guilty of anything. At least he will have to show up and what he did will be on the record. That's probably all we can hope for.
    Minerva

Blind or not, I'd still like to bitch slap the fuck out of him. I honestly don't believe that he will go to prison, but only for the reasons you stated and the fact that its almost impossible for a celebrity to be found guilty of anything. At least he will have to show up and what he did will be on the record. That's probably all we can hope for.
    How long did it take for her to figure out she was raped. I just know so many women that will kiss everyone's butt trying to work their way up. When things do not go out a few days later they say it was something else. I think the DA is wasting the tax pay or money on a case with no evidence but maybe it will give some closure,

Edna St. Vincent Millay

How long did it take for her to figure out she was raped. I just know so many women that will kiss everyone's butt trying to work their way up. When things do not go out a few days later they say it was something else. I think the DA is wasting the tax pay or money on a case with no evidence but maybe it will give some closure,
    I don't know how long it took her and honestly don't know her motivation. If it wasn't for the other 50 women that he did it to, I don't suppose anyone would believe her. That many females don't just decide to ruin someone's life for no reason, even if some of us are evil.
    Minerva

Lots of women do not report their rape until other cases arise from the same rapist. Some never report it. That does not make them any less a victim or the scumbag any less a rapist.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lots of women do not report their rape until other cases arise from the same rapist. Some never report it. That does not make them any less a victim or the scumbag any less a rapist.
    Other cases are not included in evidence in a court of law. I am talking about a court case and not a moral judgement. I do not think you could predict anyone's behavior in private. You could call him anything in public but going into a court case is different.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Other cases are not included in evidence in a court of law. I am talking about a court case and not a moral judgement. I do not think you could predict anyone's behavior in private. You could call him anything in public but going into a court case is different.
    I am not talking about his cases in particular, coconn. I know that those cannot be mentioned in his upcoming case unless the judge allows it. I am talking about victims in general-me, for one--who, for whatever reason (and I had/have one) do not report their rape until years later.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I am not talking about his cases in particular, coconn. I know that those cannot be mentioned in his upcoming case unless the judge allows it. I am talking about victims in general-me, for one--who, for whatever reason (and I had/have one) do not report their rape until years later.
    Exactly! Remember the Phil Spector trial? His "prior bad acts" were allowed in court. Like five or six other women testified about how he acted towards them. Its definitely going to be a serious case making decision on the part of the judge, but of course I'm hoping he allows some other women to tell their stories.
    Minerva

Exactly! Remember the Phil Spector trial? His "prior bad acts" were allowed in court. Like five or six other women testified about how he acted towards them. Its definitely going to be a serious case making decision on the part of the judge, but of course I'm hoping he allows some other women to tell their stories.
    Not in a court of law. This woman is why the case was originally thrown out. I go think in going public it might be a good idea to go through all that but in the end it is a he said she said.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Not in a court of law. This woman is why the case was originally thrown out. I go think in going public it might be a good idea to go through all that but in the end it is a he said she said.
    Uh, wasn't Phil Spector's murder trial a court of law?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Uh, wasn't Phil Spector's murder trial a court of law?
    Phil had a history of outlandish behavior and should have been listening locked up in a crazy house. Most people do not get the treatment Phil did. I remember also the Marvin Gaye Murder by his father. Turns out the father had a brain timer and a plea bargain was made to but him in an institution instead of jail. I am just saying you have to look at details of the Cosby case and tell me what is going to get him convicted.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Phil had a history of outlandish behavior and should have been listening locked up in a crazy house. Most people do not get the treatment Phil did. I remember also the Marvin Gaye Murder by his father. Turns out the father had a brain timer and a plea bargain was made to but him in an institution instead of jail. I am just saying you have to look at details of the Cosby case and tell me what is going to get him convicted.
    What's a brain timer?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

What's a brain timer?
    Brain tumer. Lousy spell check.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Brain tumer. Lousy spell check.
    Tumer? You must have the worst spell checker ever! Lol
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Tumer? You must have the worst spell checker ever! Lol
    I am typing on a little iPhone and the u and I are close to each other. Yes , Marvin Gaye's father murdered him and he got off because he had a brain tumer. No court case. Just agreed to be put into an institution.

Edna St. Vincent Millay