Page 1 of 14 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby

Bill Cosby

What are your thoughts on the Billster? I thought he was awesome when I was a kid (mostly because of Fat Albert), but now I see him as nothing more than a cheating hypocrite.

What do the rest of you think?

Hey, hey, hey!

PvN73 Guest
    I loved Fat Albert as a kid as well. I dont care much for BC either nowadays... I wonder how much is true with all those sexual assult charges, it seems like alot of ladies came forward.

UGH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TI994A-CosbyAd.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	3985

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Hypocrite.

Which is a shame. He's done a lot for Temple, among other things.

Hell, I remember seeing him on Electric Company.

Too many women came forward about being mauled by him for it not to be true.

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    I remember when his son was murdered. That was really unbelievable.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    That was terribly sad, when his son was murdered. Wasn't that some sort of freak thing with real murky motives?

I'm going to have to reference FAD and find out! I've forgotten.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I thought he was cleared of the charges.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    None of the women wanted to press charges against Cosby, but a dozen came forward. (Courtesy of Wiki, I read up because I wanted to find out what happened.)

RaRaRamona Guest
    I still don't believe it. He's done so much good for his community & his race. Do you really think he did? I heard on the news people thought some that didn't like his message set him up. That's why the judge threw it out.

I don't care for him. I also believe COSBY to be a racist.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Forever-27 Guest
    Hes never impressed me a bit. Hes just plain not funny. Hes never been funny.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    I tend to agree with this.

Kugmu Guest
    My Mother was an elementary teacher and she HATES him.
    Not sure exactly why. She curses at him when she sees him on TV.

What's listed below is a post from when Ike Turner died. However, it is very valid regarding my thoughts on Bill Cosby:

When I turned ten, my parents took me and my sister to Las Vegas to see Bill Cosby live in concert. That in itself is kind of weird, can you imagine in 1973 taking your children to Vegas? I think Mom and Dad just wanted to go to Vegas.

In any event, he was playing at the Las Vegas Hilton, and that's where we stayed, so we could get good tickets. And good tickets they were, no more than ten feet from the stage.

Well, what our waspy little family wasn't prepared for was that Bill's opening act was Ike and Tina Turner. Keep in mind I at the time I am a little ten year-old white girl. I just remember them being LOUD and Tina jumping around on the stage and Ike using quite a few f-words. Oh yes, and the audience was wild, also jumping around and acting erratic, which scared the hell out of this ten-year old white girl.

Then it was Bill Cosby's turn on the stage. Keep in mind he had done a comedy record that included a skit about Noah's Arc, wrote Fat Albert, etc., pretty much a cool guy for a ten year old kid, right? Well, not sure if it was a phase he was going through or he was trying out new material, but the guy was absolutely profane. Would have made Richard Pryor blush. My parents -- although we stayed for the whole show -- were horrified.

I also remember my Dad complaining that the Hilton didn't have any ice machines on its floors, if you wanted ice you would have to call room service and a bucket of ice cost $10.

Memories... light the corners of my mind.
    Other thought about Bill Cosby:

A close friend's sister was the personal assistant and business manager to Bill Cosby's wife. Both my friend and her sister thought both Bill and his wife were lovely people. One example to share is that Cosby would have THE BEST tickets to every sport in LA at the time. At that point, it pretty much consisted of Dodger Baseball, King's Hockey and Laker's Basketball. 90% of the time, neither he nor his wife could attend due to other business commitments. So... my friend got primo tickets pretty much whenever she wanted. I remember going to the Laker's game and sitting just a few rows up and behind Jack Nicholson, and sitting right next to us was Denzel Washington and his wife. Denzel was very pleasant, but I remember most how blindingly white his teeth were. My friend was very petite and health-concious and rarely ate, but at the game she was eating like a pig. Well, it turns out that the VIP section we were seated in was all-you-can eat. Dunno if The Cosby's had to pay for lots of nachos and hotdogs that night, or it's free because each seat was probably worth $10 Grand.

Got great hockey tickets too. Idiot that I am now looking back on it, my friend offered several times if I wanted to go to a Dodger game. I told her no, because I don't like baseball. God, I wonder what experiences I missed or famous people I didn't get to meet because I didn't like baseball! That thudding noise you hear is me pounding my head on the monitor.

I personally don't know of any cases of sexual misconduct against Cos, but I have a very close friend in the entertainment business that says he is a horndog and screws anything that walks by. Keep in mind, he did father a child out of wedlock. But he supposedly made everything right as far as child payments, etc. are considered.

Re his son Ennis, what a loss. Just proves that horrible, random acts of violence happen to the extremely wealthy and elite too. Read somewhere that they got permission to bury Ennis in their back yard where an Herb Garden used to be. Not sure if he was cremated, or they actually enterred him in a casket and vault.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    What's listed below is a post from when Ike Turner died. However, it is very valid regarding my thoughts on Bill Cosby:
    When I turned ten, my parents took me and my sister to Las Vegas to see Bill Cosby live in concert. That in itself is kind of weird, can you imagine in 1973 taking your children to Vegas? I think Mom and Dad just wanted to go to Vegas.
    In any event, he was playing at the Las Vegas Hilton, and that's where we stayed, so we could get good tickets. And good tickets they were, no more than ten feet from the stage.
    Well, what our waspy little family wasn't prepared for was that Bill's opening act was Ike and Tina Turner. Keep in mind I at the time I am a little ten year-old white girl. I just remember them being LOUD and Tina jumping around on the stage and Ike using quite a few f-words. Oh yes, and the audience was wild, also jumping around and acting erratic, which scared the hell out of this ten-year old white girl.
    Then it was Bill Cosby's turn on the stage. Keep in mind he had done a comedy record that included a skit about Noah's Arc, wrote Fat Albert, etc., pretty much a cool guy for a ten year old kid, right? Well, not sure if it was a phase he was going through or he was trying out new material, but the guy was absolutely profane. Would have made Richard Pryor blush. My parents -- although we stayed for the whole show -- were horrified.
    I also remember my Dad complaining that the Hilton didn't have any ice machines on its floors, if you wanted ice you would have to call room service and a bucket of ice cost $10.
    Memories... light the corners of my mind.
    Other thought about Bill Cosby:

A close friend's sister was the personal assistant and business manager to Bill Cosby's wife. Both my friend and her sister thought both Bill and his wife were lovely people. One example to share is that Cosby would have THE BEST tickets to every sport in LA at the time. At that point, it pretty much consisted of Dodger Baseball, King's Hockey and Laker's Basketball. 90% of the time, neither he nor his wife could attend due to other business commitments. So... my friend got primo tickets pretty much whenever she wanted. I remember going to the Laker's game and sitting just a few rows up and behind Jack Nicholson, and sitting right next to us was Denzel Washington and his wife. Denzel was very pleasant, but I remember most how blindingly white his teeth were. My friend was very petite and health-concious and rarely ate, but at the game she was eating like a pig. Well, it turns out that the VIP section we were seated in was all-you-can eat. Dunno if The Cosby's had to pay for lots of nachos and hotdogs that night, or it's free because each seat was probably worth $10 Grand.

Got great hockey tickets too. Idiot that I am now looking back on it, my friend offered several times if I wanted to go to a Dodger game. I told her no, because I don't like baseball. God, I wonder what experiences I missed or famous people I didn't get to meet because I didn't like baseball! That thudding noise you hear is me pounding my head on the monitor.

I personally don't know of any cases of sexual misconduct against Cos, but I have a very close friend in the entertainment business that says he is a horndog and screws anything that walks by. Keep in mind, he did father a child out of wedlock. But he supposedly made everything right as far as child payments, etc. are considered.

Re his son Ennis, what a loss. Just proves that horrible, random acts of violence happen to the extremely wealthy and elite too. Read somewhere that they got permission to bury Ennis in their back yard where an Herb Garden used to be. Not sure if he was cremated, or they actually enterred him in a casket and vault.
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...e=gr&GRid=6984
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

According to his death certificate, he was buried. Despite my feelings for Bill Cosby, I felt terrible for what happened to his son.

Didn't Camille Cosby say something to the effect that white America was responsible for her son's murder? I also think that Bill's daughter Erinn was a druggie or an alcoholic? Can anyone vouch?

Does anyone else here think that his last television series, COSBY, was painfully unfunny? Just asking.

-K.
    Last edited by Kman0072; 02-27-2008 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kman0072 View Post
    According to his death certificate, he was buried. Despite my feelings for Bill Cosby, I felt terrible for what happened to his son.

Didn't Camille Cosby say something to the effect that white America was responsible for her son's murder? I also think that Bill's daughter Erinn was a druggie or an alcoholic? Can anyone vouch?

Does anyone else here think that his last television series, COSBY, was painfully unfunny? Just asking.

-K.
    I didn't like his last series very much either. One of our local stations runs the previous series every morning and I watch that. According to what I've heard it was closely based on his real life. I've always like his comedy from his early days and enjoyed him a lot on TV.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cathy J. Guest
    I always have had this "well he is ok" when it came to Bill Cosby. To me he was sometimes funny and his shows were OK but I really didnt see what the big deal was.

But what gets me about the 80s Cosby Show, was the racism. NOT with the show itself or even on Cosby's part but from a lot of..the viewers !!

I was in high school when The Cosby Show was the BIG thing on TV. In class my teacher would try to add Cosby to his teachings. One day he asked "..well Cathy what did you think of about the situation on Cosby last night?" Well when I told him I was watching something else because I didn't like The Cosby Show. Well my teacher went on about how I was racist..didn't like people who were Black because I didn't like the Cosby Show.. How the show speaks for them and how we must respect the Black community by watching the Cosby Show...etc....etc...BTW..the teacher was white. And a lot of the students agreed with him.

I guess those feelings continue today. My brother belongs to one of those radio/TV chat groups . The Cosby Show was brought up not too long ago and he posted a message on there saying he thought that show ws boring. He got some heat for saying that, and a number of the responses were the same as what my old teacher said. Not to like the Cosby Show is a slap in the face of the Black community.

I still don't get it !! It was just a TV show.

Noelle Page Guest
    My feelings about him are truly mixed. Talent, great achievement, and a positive message.

OTOH, a friend who worked on something he was involved in claims he was nasty and rude.

In her book, Janice Dickinson has a juicy tale of the Cos hitting on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    I always have had this "well he is ok" when it came to Bill Cosby. To me he was sometimes funny and his shows were OK but I really didnt see what the big deal was.

But what gets me about the 80s Cosby Show, was the racism. NOT with the show itself or even on Cosby's part but from a lot of..the viewers !!

I was in high school when The Cosby Show was the BIG thing on TV. In class my teacher would try to add Cosby to his teachings. One day he asked "..well Cathy what did you think of about the situation on Cosby last night?" Well when I told him I was watching something else because I didn't like The Cosby Show. Well my teacher went on about how I was racist..didn't like people who were Black because I didn't like the Cosby Show.. How the show speaks for them and how we must respect the Black community by watching the Cosby Show...etc....etc...BTW..the teacher was white. And a lot of the students agreed with him.

I guess those feelings continue today. My brother belongs to one of those radio/TV chat groups . The Cosby Show was brought up not too long ago and he posted a message on there saying he thought that show ws boring. He got some heat for saying that, and a number of the responses were the same as what my old teacher said. Not to like the Cosby Show is a slap in the face of the Black community.

I still don't get it !! It was just a TV show.
    Reverse discrimination?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

poppie Guest
    I believe the stories about Bill Cosby and his sexual assaults are true. He is a very powerful man in and out of the entertainment industry. Cosby has enough money, influence, etc to do the women who pursue their allegations much harm in many forms.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I think he's a racist as well. He's made some really polarizing statements and painted some broad strokes.

Thing is, he didn't exactly grow up on the streets.

I thought The Cosby Show was dumb and contrived, and Cosby was indeed painful.

Useless fact: I've had more than one person tell me my daughter looks like Raven Symone.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    He clearly lost his mind when his son was murdered, which is understandable.

I loved his show when it was on prime time, but I find the re-runs unwatchable.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I think The Cosby Show could safely be dumped into the same bin as a lot of sitcoms from that period that tried to send some sort of message.

Guest Guest
    I see him as a rich SOB. We all have skeletons. His got out because he's in the public eye.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I think The Cosby Show could safely be dumped into the same bin as a lot of sitcoms from that period that tried to send some sort of message.

You don't see it (and still don't see it) on reruns very often, and nothing like you see Cheers. I don't think I'm alone in finding the reruns horrible. It just didn't age well for whatever reason, maybe it was too much of a "message" show.

leevancleef Guest
    i really felt for him and his family when his son was murdered. That was terrible. Im so glad that the son of a b*tch who did it got life without parole...

RaRaRamona Guest
    Again, I haven't heard any of this so I don't know what's going on. How was he a racist? I always saw him on tv talking to blacks about getting educated & stopping the cycle of welfare & stopping teen pregnancy. I know a lot of blacks hated him for that but I thought it was a positive message.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Well, he did try to put out a good message, but it came across badly. He didn't exactly come from the hood, he had a fairly middleclass upbringing. He was real preachy and self-righteous. Condenscending? Patronizing? in tone. His approach wasn't very good.

None of the women wanted to press charges against Cosby, but a dozen came forward. (Courtesy of Wiki, I read up because I wanted to find out what happened.)
    Can you blame them? It wouldnt be worth it. With all the money Cosby has, no way -no way would he be found guilty. And if one jury did find him guilty, chances are good Cosby would appeal that and chances are it would be overturned. Nevermind the fact that the media would look at every single skeleton of those who would accuse him of doing such things and paint them in a negative way.

Celebrities for the most part are above the law. Look at Michael Jackson paying off that kid years ago when he accused him of sexual molestion? The average John Doe cant do that. Phil Spector? If Phil was Mr. Average..he would be in jail now.

And the number of stars who were busted for DUI. In most states, getting caught with DUI just once could very well mean the loss of one's drivers license and even jail time. But when some of the stars get busted for DUI ( some even after their 2nd time ), it seems many of them are back on the road.
    Last edited by choff; 02-28-2008 at 02:45 AM.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Heck no, I don't blame them at all.

Look at the chick who accused Kobe Bryant, perfect example.

No opinion on that one, btw. Could go either way, don't care.

RaRaRamona Guest

Look at the chick who accused Kobe Bryant, perfect example.
    I don't want to be the defender of the gropers or anything, but I do believe she was full of it. She had DNA from three guys on her undies!? I think he nailed her & something made her turn on him. Or maybe that was her plan from the start. Maybe it was his wife's plan, in order to get that ring.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I don't want to be the defender of the gropers or anything, but I do believe she was full of it. She had DNA from three guys on her undies!? I think he nailed her & something made her turn on him. Or maybe that was her plan from the start. Maybe it was his wife's plan, in order to get that ring.
    Lol! The ring.... pathetic.
    i agree RaRa, ive always thought that she was full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Lol! The ring.... pathetic.
    i agree RaRa, ive always thought that she was full of shit.
    Actually didn't the dna come from some other substance that she was supposedly full of?
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

emm, i thot the man arrogant, the show pretentious, the woman who played his wife was a total b.... in an interview i saw of her, and i deplore precocious kids. not my cup of tea...cardigan sweaters and all....blahhhh
    pull the string!

Hypocrite.

Which is a shame. He's done a lot for Temple, among other things.

Hell, I remember seeing him on Electric Company.

Too many women came forward about being mauled by him for it not to be true.
    That's exactly what I think.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    I do too.

ajlposh Guest
    I saw Mr. Cosby perform last summer. He was funny.

Reecy Guest
    I've been seeing Cosby since I was a teen (many moons ago)........ Back then I started listening to his comedy albums.

I liked him then and I still like him.

People forgive alot of nasty ass people these days so I forgive Bill. I'm still saddened that his only son died so grusomely.

ApricotRoses Guest
    I have always liked Bill Cosby, still do. I loved the Cosby Show. I think that the death of a child can do crazy things to anyone.

Adulterer, Cheat, Racist; I think that pretty much covers him !
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I don't want to be the defender of the gropers or anything, but I do believe she was full of it. She had DNA from three guys on her undies!? .....
    Who doesnt have DNA from multitudes of men coating his or her undies these days? JK!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I think he's telling the truth about what's going on with blacks today. They don't seem to appreciate him speaking out, so I think they've pretty much disowned him, but they're keeping Michael Jackson oddly enough.

We just printed and mailed a bunch of invitations and post cards for a BC event at a casino.

I am surprised that he was retained, as shortly before Hurricane Katrina, he appeared here and told everyone in the audience that they were foolish to be at a casino, they should just pull into the parking lot, let down thier windows, and throw their money out into the parking lot.

Yet, he is here.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    We just printed and mailed a bunch of invitations and post cards for a BC event at a casino.

I am surprised that he was retained, as shortly before Hurricane Katrina, he appeared here and told everyone in the audience that they were foolish to be at a casino, they should just pull into the parking lot, let down thier windows, and throw their money out into the parking lot.

Yet, he is here.

You know what they say - time wounds all heels.

Chunga Guest
    I wish he would give us back the Little Rascal's.

Last edited by Chunga; 06-08-2008 at 06:34 AM.

sunshine74137 Guest
    I hate his attitude of, I am the voice on how children should be raised, I have all the answers Big know it all

ceege Guest
    I worked with a woman who grew up in BC's neighbourhood. Her grandma would not allow him to come around their place because she said "he's no good". He was a horn dog as a young boy, so I am sure that he did everything and then some that he was accused of doing.

This woman said that she wouldn't spit on BC if he was on fire.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ceege View Post
    I worked with a woman who grew up in BC's neighbourhood. Her grandma would not allow him to come around their place because she said "he's no good". He was a horn dog as a young boy, so I am sure that he did everything and then some that he was accused of doing.

This woman said that she wouldn't spit on BC if he was on fire.
    I'm surprised he got this far without being "busted"