Thread: UK Suicide cult/ Liam Clarke

babooshka Guest

UK Suicide cult/ Liam Clarke

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1770&ct=5

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...305988,00.html

this is weird. Here in the UK there has been talk of this being a suicide pact, everyone can see they are linked somehow but not the police!

they have just found the seventeeth victim, all teenagers, all hanged themselves and all from Bridgend. They all apparently use the same networking sites but the Police say they arent linked, its starting to whip up quite a frenzy over here - anyone think the Police know more than they are letting on??

i didn't know it was whipping up a storm??

it'll be some suicide pact on one of those daft websites like you said

What the heck? How can this not be related? What is going through kid's minds nowadays?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

magblax Guest
    Maybe they're bored.

i'm bored of hearing about it

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by death_hag_slag View Post
    i'm bored of hearing about it
    Me too.

babooshka Guest
    Well, I find it fascinating how something or someone can control people like that, and that some can be controlled too - if that's what happened.

And sad too.

hoxharding Guest
    Reminds me of the film 'Suicide Circle'
    Teens all start killing themselves and don't have any connection to each other. Well,except the 54 girls who jump in front of a train at the same time.
    I have no idea what the cause of the teens are.

RaRaRamona Guest
    This is the first I have heard about it. How awful. What are these kids thinking??

Lisamarie Guest
    read a book. Kids these days....

Lita Guest
    Another thing that seems odd to me is that there are twelve boys who committed suicide and four girls. I didn't count Leigh Jenkins because Leigh can be either a boy or a girl name. At least four of the dead were close. Two were cousins which may explain some of it. One cousin committed suicide and the other was so distraught that they followed suit. Same with Liam Clarke and Natasha Randall, first one then the other. But 17 suicides over a year is a lot especially in what appears to be a small town. I'm sure the police are saying that there is no connection because they have no proof of it. I'm sure they know that there is some sort of pact or tie...something that links all of these suicides together but they can't offically say that without something to back it up. I've never heard of Bebo before this but it sounds like that is one common link between them--maybe it needs to be throughly checked. Keep us updated please!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Leigh I think is a girl's name - a boy's would be Lee.

What's sad is all the myspace suicides; the dead become worshiped in a way. They certainly become immortalized. They all wanna be an hero.

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post

What's sad is all the myspace suicides; the dead become worshiped in a way. They certainly become immortalized. They all wanna be an hero.
    Yeah but somebody needs to teach them that suicide doesn't make them a hero. It's makes them cowardly, selfish bastards. I've had friends come to me for help because they've felt suicidal. Thank God we had a suicide-help course in high school that taught us what to do if somebody said they were going to committ suicide. I've also said that if a person killed themselves I wouldn't be sad. I'd be angry. I babysat two children before and after school a couple of years ago. I had some trouble working there because the father was an asshat. The parents were divorced and so there was trouble with the youngest child, a boy, because of it and the dad would call and get the son all emotional. The dad also demanded some stupid shit from me and then tried to fire me. Anyway, after I was no longer working for the family, he committed suicide. I can see where he died from my house. I can't imagine doing that and leaving your children to think you didn't love them enough to live. Of course he was about to be prosecuted for kidnapping his fiance and threatening her with a gun. But I digress and ramble. I'm just venting my frustration with suicide. I hope they figure out what is causing all of this and get it stopped.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    Yeah but somebody needs to teach them that suicide doesn't make them a hero.

Not "a hero," "AN hero." Let me explain:

http://www.wikichan.org/index.php/An_Hero

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=2057569

I feel so sorry for Mitchell's parents but his dumb friends made him an internet celebrity.

Lita Guest
    That is incredibly sad!! Kids can be so cruel....lil bastards.

deathhagcutie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Reminds me of the film 'Suicide Circle'
    Teens all start killing themselves and don't have any connection to each other. Well,except the 54 girls who jump in front of a train at the same time.
    I have no idea what the cause of the teens are.
    you have good taste in movies

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    That is some crazy sh*t!

cherryghost Guest
    The weather doesnt help!

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post

It was a 22 year old lad called Leigh Jenkins, my ex husband was spelt that way too Leigh instead of lee

djdeath-hag Guest
    I haven't read the articles....but they may be a clue. Teens are at a difficult (probably THE most difficult) & awkward phase in their lives. If the media keeps focusing on the death toll....posting pictures of several suicide completors on the report of the latest one seems foolish.

This happened a few years ago in Japan.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    This happened a few years ago in Japan.
    Did they ever figure out what caused it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    Did they ever figure out what caused it?
    If I remember correctly they had a chat page, then one day they decided to do a mass suicide. Word got out about the page and people swarmed to it like flies, thats how they got discovered. The Japanese economy took a big hit after the 2007 meltdown of the Asian economies. Amongst other things they lost their iron ricebowl i.e. job for life. Btw we are talking about teenagers here. They saw the future as too bleak to participate in.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    If I remember correctly they had a chat page, then one day they decided to do a mass suicide. Word got out about the page and people swarmed to it like flies, thats how they got discovered. The Japanese economy took a big hit after the 2007 meltdown of the Asian economies. Amongst other things they lost their iron ricebowl i.e. job for life. Btw we are talking about teenagers here. They saw the future as too bleak to participate in.
    Freakin kids these days! Like the future looked shiny and great when I was a teenager!!! Just kidding. But in all seriousness I guess the thing for me is that I can't imagine them being so selfish! What about their parents? I hate it when older people freak out about "kids these days" and how good we have it. Um, it was their kids who invented things like game consoles and cell phones! If we didn't buy them, they'd be bitching that "kids these days" don't support the economy or something!....Whoa, sorry, kind of wandered off on a rant. I suffer from "moderate" depression. I can understand being down and thinking life sucks. I guess I was just lucky that it never got to that point. I thought about suicide, I think everybody does especially as a teenager but I never had a plan to do it. When somebody has planned a way to commit suicide they need help. Things over here are so much different than in Asia. There's so much more pressure over there to be "perfect". In high school, I had an Asian friend. She never went anywhere after school. She went straight home, no where on the weekends. She had to babysit her nephew and neice but she was also always working on homework. It just blows my mind that parents could put so much pressure on a child that the child kills themselves because they can't live up to their parents' expectations. I just hope they figure out what's going on in this case and put a stop to it.

Genevieve Guest
    I can only really speak for myself but I think it's a general thing in Britain too - morale is really low. I feel really impotent about the war, protests did nothing and we sit here at our computers night after night while people die and get tortured far away and we can't stop it. I think as a teenager, feeling more sensitive than I am now it would be worse. This is our left-wing party that did this, not some crazy Thatcher money-crazed party. We are pretty much stuck with two political parties and we can't vote tory and now we can't vote labour either! We didn't even have the respite of a bit of warm weather in the summer, I know it seems shallow, but it makes a difference. Then the economy takes a downturn - and kids in South Wales don't tend to be the first to reap the benefits when it's doing well anyway. I'm not keen to link this to social networking sites, I think they would have found some conversations if that had been the case. I do think that hearing about other suicides and feeling low it might tip someone over the edge. Then you've got most of the biggest celebrities around being drug addicts, going into rehab, having breakdowns. I never thought I'd look back on my youth in the mid-90s with nostalgia - at least we had Jarvis!

Lita Guest
    I have no idea what Jarvis is lol. Weather does make a difference. I know during winter my depression is a lot worse. Some people use sun lights in winter for season depression. Babooshka, have they found out anything more about this?

Lisamarie Guest

wtf???? Kid these days......

South Wales police and Bridgend coroner Philip Walters said they did not believe the apparent suicides were linked and played down any connection with internet sites.

A task force involving police, social services, health and education officials has been set up to investigate the series of tragedies and discussions have taken place at government level over the spate of young deaths - all by hanging - which started in January 2007.

Earlier this week it emerged that another nine similar hangings, not all involving young people, had occurred in the last two months in neighbouring valleys.

A relative of the cousins said: "We just don't know what is going on in Bridgend. Kelly and Nathaniel were both brilliant kids with good futures ahead of them. We would never have thought in a million years that they were capable of anything like this.
    "None of this makes sense and both families are devastated at what has happened."
    Kelly Stephenson, from Bridgend was found hanged while on holiday in Folkestone, Kent

Kelly and Nathaniel lived 14 houses apart in Bridgend and friends described the cousins, both members of the Bebo and Facebook social networking sites, as "very close".

Nathaniel was found at the family home in Cefn Glas, Bridgend, on Wednesday night and was taken to hospital, where he later died.

South Wales Police said: "There is no evidence to suggest this incident is linked to any other incidents or sudden deaths in the area."

Keen sportswoman Kelly - who knew Gareth Morgan, 27, and Liam Clarke, 20, who died last year - told a relative she was going to the bathroom but when she failed to return they went to investigate, and found her dead.

Kent Police said: "Officers are making inquiries but there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances."

Kelly, who called herself Baby-Girl-Kelly on Bebo, wrote on the site: "I just love to live life to the full ... Always up 4 a laugh and don't like takin things to serious!!

"Alcohol is one of my favourite things. I loves to go out and get drunk and have a laugh with mates."

Kelly had pictures of her cousin Nathaniel on her website and on one of her Bebo pages there are photographs and tributes to three other victims, Liam Clarke, Natasha Randall and Zachary Barnes.

One of Kelly's internet friends said: "It's going crazy down in Bridgend and it's not going to stop. No one can understand what is going on.

"I know seven of the people who have killed themselves. People are saying it's got something to do with the internet but I don't believe that. But then I can't explain it either.

"I saw Kelly a month ago and she was fine - smiling and laughing."

Bridgend MP Madeleine Moon secured a debate in the House of Commons last week on suicide prevention. Talking about the Bridgend tragedies, she told MPs: "The media have asked whether the cause is the internet, Bebo, Facebook or other networking sites. The answer is yes and no.

"I believe there is a risk from spending too much time in the alternative reality of computer games and chat rooms. I also believe that for a vulnerable person who is contemplating suicide, the isolation of communication through words on a screen does not provide the warmth, humanity, compassion and empathy of talking to another person." Scroll down for more...
    Suicide cult? Clockwise from top left: Zachery Barnes, 17, Liam Clarke, 20, Natasha Randall, 17, Dale Crole, 18, David Dilling, 19, Gareth Morgan, 27, and Thomas Davies, 20

Philip Walter, Coroner for Bridgend and the Glamorgan valleys, said earlier this month that he had profound doubts about any "copycat" theory connecting the series of suicides.

"I'm of the mind that there is no commonality between these deaths, and preliminary investigations say the same," he said.
    The two latest deaths have sent shockwaves through the small town where a special task force has been set up to look into the string of tragedies.
    Manager Tony Morgan, who recently signed Kelly for local team Porthcawl Lighnin Strikers, said: "She had only played one game for us - I couldn't pick her for this weekend because she was going away on holiday.
    "It is a shock and another tragedy involving a young person. Everyone at the club will be shocked."
    Tributes were yesterday being posted to Nathaniel's Bebo site where he used the nickname Pritch. Scroll down for more...
    Bridgend has been rocked by a spate of suicides since the beginning of last year

One said: "What happened m8? Going to miss you. Cannot believed what has happened. There is no better place for you than down here. But I will no now that u r safer up there m8. Sleep tight."
    Another said: "I've known u all my life. 4 u to do this is unreal M8. Hope you are happier where you are."
    All 16 victims, who were under the age of 26 and from Bridgend, hanged themselves in the suicide spate which started in January 2007.
    The full death register is now Dale Crole, 18, David Dilling, 19, Thomas Davies, 20, Zachary Barnes, 17, Gareth Morgan, 27, James Knight, 26, Jason Williams, 21, Andrew O'Neill, 19, Leigh Jenkins, 22, Liam Clarke, 20, Alan Price, 21, Natasha Randall, 17, Angie Fuller, 18, Kelly Stephenson, 20, and Nathaniel Pritchard, 15. Parents had already been horrified at the rate of hangings and one secondary school was placed on "suicide watch" after pupils appealed for help.

Flowergrrl Guest
    It's a shame what kids do to themselves.

Here...

http://findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5662

Lisamarie Guest
    Oh jeese sorry!!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Oh jeese sorry!!!!
    You silly.

Wow!