Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pimp C

Pimp C

(AP) Rapper Pimp C, whose real name is Chad Butler, speaks during a jailhouse interview at the Terrell...
    Full Image

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Pimp C, one-half of the veteran Houston rap group UGK, was found dead in an upscale hotel on Tuesday. "It is with great regret that I must confirm that Chad Butler aka Pimp C, one half of the legendary UGK, was in fact discovered dead this morning," his publicist, Nancy Byron, said in a statement.
    "Manager Rick Martin is asking that everyone please respect his family and those close to him at this time and refrain from rumors and innuendo."
    Pimp C and partner Bun B were pioneers of Southern rap, and hit the mainstream with their cameo on Jay-Z's hit "Big Pimpin'."

Taken from here:

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8TASBHO0.html
    Last edited by SomeChick; 02-05-2008 at 02:35 AM.

GODDESS6 Guest
    i just saw this on tmz, wonder what happened?~

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i just saw this on tmz, wonder what happened?~
    Probably OD on Codeine syrup.
    Last edited by Curtis Radiohead; 12-04-2007 at 03:18 PM.

Kathyf Guest
    He was only 33 I wonder what happened.

Jazbabee Guest
    I got this on the celebrity death beeper....but I have one question? Who the hell is this guy ??? I still don't know !!

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Radiohead View Post
    Probably OD on Codeine syrup, What a spook!!!
    probably not..

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegodeathhag19 View Post
    probably not..
    Didn't a couple of other Houston-based rappers die from "sizzurp" (codeine cough syrup) OD's? I thought I read that somewhere. This is what made me think of OD...

Big Moe and DJ Screw...

http://groups.google.ki/group/misc.c...d8b03a11d232bf
    Last edited by Curtis Radiohead; 12-04-2007 at 03:17 PM.

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I got this on the celebrity death beeper....but I have one question? Who the hell is this guy ??? I still don't know !!
    I was thinking the exact same thing...

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    Didn't a couple of other Houston-based rappers die from "sizzurp" (codeine cough syrup) OD's? I thought I read that somewhere. This is what made me think of OD...

Big Moe and DJ Screw...

well yeah they did it but thats long gone now.

Kathyf Guest
    Coroner: Pimp C May Have Died of Natural Causes
    Posted Dec 4th 2007 6:09PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Music, R.I.P.
    Capt. Ed Winter of the L.A. County Coroner's office tells TMZ that it appears as though rapper Pimp C died of natural causes in a Hollywood hotel room today.

We're told no drug paraphernalia or other drugs were found in the room. The rapper, we've learned, was found fully clothed on top of the bed. He did not seem to have fallen or injured himself and he was positioned on his side.

Winter said it did not appear that there was anyone else in the room at the time of his death. An autopsy will be performed and toxicology test results will be available in six to eight weeks.

Pimp C, whose real name is Chad Butler, was one half of the Houston rap duo UGK.

GrinReaper Guest
    "It is with great regret that I must confirm that Chad Butler aka Pimp C, one half of the legendary UGK, was in fact discovered dead this morning,"

Uh, legendary? Puuleze. Never heard of these guys. The word "Legend" is a bit much overused these days along with "artist."
    Don't mean to be a snob, but certain words should be earned after paying dues.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    "It is with great regret that I must confirm that Chad Butler aka Pimp C, one half of the legendary UGK, was in fact discovered dead this morning,"

Uh, legendary? Puuleze. Never heard of these guys. The word "Legend" is a bit much overused these days along with "artist."
    Don't mean to be a snob, but certain words should be earned after paying dues.
    I agree.I get irritated when rappers and DJ's try to bill themseves as artist or musicians. Especially DJ's. They play other folks music and think they created something original. All they are, are breathing jukebox's on mdma.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    am I the only one scratching my head thinking WHO?????

Kathyf Guest
    I did not know him either. I was going to see if my son heard of him. I read Tmz everyday and a few othe blogs but this is the first time I heard of him.

magblax Guest
    I've never heard of him...but it is hard to believe that a 33 year old would die of "natural causes".

mommafreak Guest
    HUH?

Morbid1 Guest
    A "mob" hit could be natural causes..But Iam going to
    guess that it was just his time.33 is very young to go.

I think there is more to his story..maybe we will find out.

-Morbid1

Kathyf Guest
    Not to be mean but What Else would a Mother say
    Pimp C's Mom: This Is a Terrible Loss!

Posted Dec 5th 2007 1:45PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Music, R.I.P.
    .The late Pimp C's grieving mother is speaking out about the sudden death of her son. "Actually, we have very little idea of what happened," Weslyn "Mama Wes" Monroe told KFDM News. "C's business manager found his body in his hotel room in Los Angeles and we know he died in his sleep. Past that, we don't know anything."

"This is a terrible shock," added Monroe, "Mama is just a little tougher than most, but I break too." Pimp's mom said she has received tremendous support from family, friends, artists and other entertainers. "The phone won't stop ringing. It feels good, if anything can feel good now," she explained, remembering how much Pimp C loved the Port Arthur, Tex. community: "He loved PA ... Even when he came home he chose to live here. And to be honest, I wasn't sure of it. But he was, this was his choice."

The 33-year-old rapper, real name Chad Butler, died yesterday at Hollywood's Mondrian Hotel. He is survived by his wife and three children. He, along with Bun B, made up the Houston rap duo UGK. Funeral plans are pending.

magblax Guest
    Thanks for the link Kathy! I expected the Mom to be different...like crying.

Until?

Big Moe and DJ Screw...

I am in Houston and you are EXACTLY right. "Sizzurp or Dat Purple Drank" is passed around like it is harmless. These ignorant people don't understand what they are playing with. They wanna buzz and they want it fast and sipping on Codine (so you can lean) and drinking alcohol at the same time is a deadly combo. These rappers glorify the shit in there songs and then kids run to there mama's medicine cabinet and give it a try. What great role models our youth have.

I don't wanna bring any negative vibes towards the man, true we don't know what happened yet. We can just reflect on the life he had and draw our conclusions from that, until then... Three kids lost their Daddy. That is the saddest part of this whole situation. I hope for their sake, it does come out to be "natural causes", but dead in your sleep at 33 doesn't sound "natural". I mean, I am no freakin expert, but come on people, we are smarter than that. He coulda been partying, died, the people he was with freaked out, cleared out the room and left... Sooooo many possibilities.

I wouldn't say he is a legand either. Most of his songs are about doing coke, sippin on da sizzurp, and cars. Not to mention he just got out of prison... Ummmm Hello? Lay down with dogs...you know the rest.
    My Posse's On Broadway

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I am in Houston and you are EXACTLY right. "Sizzurp or Dat Purple Drank" is passed around like it is harmless. These ignorant people don't understand what they are playing with. They wanna buzz and they want it fast and sipping on Codine (so you can lean) and drinking alcohol at the same time is a deadly combo. These rappers glorify the shit in there songs and then kids run to there mama's medicine cabinet and give it a try. What great role models our youth have.

I don't wanna bring any negative vibes towards the man, true we don't know what happened yet. We can just reflect on the life he had and draw our conclusions from that, until then... Three kids lost their Daddy. That is the saddest part of this whole situation. I hope for their sake, it does come out to be "natural causes", but dead in your sleep at 33 doesn't sound "natural". I mean, I am no freakin expert, but come on people, we are smarter than that. He coulda been partying, died, the people he was with freaked out, cleared out the room and left... Sooooo many possibilities.

I wouldn't say he is a legand either. Most of his songs are about doing coke, sippin on da sizzurp, and cars. Not to mention he just got out of prison... Ummmm Hello? Lay down with dogs...you know the rest.

some people see him as a legend in their eyes (im not one of them) but how can you knock it? just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean any thing, there are plenty of people that you guys speak about but i dont know who the hell they are. i guess its cause we have totally different lifestyles, if you grew up around or in the rap hip hop community maybe you would know. i see how you feel about rap music and i share the dislike or it, but for some people this is their life, their profession, etc. he was someone that inspired someone to do something with their lives, regardless of if thats how you see it,or regardless of if you like what he did, thats what he did.& i suppose rock stars are model citizens and role models too! do they not promote drugs and sex? i guess not. if you dont like what they are doing, ok then. you dont know this man at all, no one knows him personally so cant make any judgments about him. ok his message isn't that great, but no one here knows what he does in his every day life. maybe coke and sippin on sizzurp is his life. if you would like it to stop lets all contribute to stopping it. if not, then dont complain. and how many people die at 33? lots. maybe it was diabetes NATURAL CAUSES, or something like that. it happens.

"...crawls back in hole.."

Death Hag Chris Guest
    the guy's done time in prison and drinks cough syrup to get off. um..are we supposed to idolize him? THIS is what's wrong with the kid's today. all this bullshit gangsta attitude is nothing but a one way ticket to the morgue, prison or BOTH!!! sorry, but i'll take Keith Richards over this dude any day. you know there IS such a thing as positve hip hip. it doesn't all have to be "smack the bitch, kill the cop, run the red light." you can speak from the streets in a positive way. I don't feel sorry for guy's like Tupac or Biggie. or guy's that live this whacked out lifestyle. if you like it, fine. but don't run around sticking up for guy's like this who are infecting our children's minds with this gangsta mumbo jumbo.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    i know more than anyone there is positive hip hop! but im not sticking up for him i just said that i dont like him! i just dont think that we should judge his personal life. im just saying you dont know him. i do what i please. & for the most part tupac is positive. like i said if you dont like it try to stop it, if not dont complain. if you arent part of the solution guess what??? youre part of the problem.

some people see him as a legend in their eyes (im not one of them) but how can you knock it? just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean any thing, there are plenty of people that you guys speak about but i dont know who the hell they are. i guess its cause we have totally different lifestyles, if you grew up around or in the rap hip hop community maybe you would know. i see how you feel about rap music and i share the dislike or it, but for some people this is their life, their profession, etc. he was someone that inspired someone to do something with their lives, regardless of if thats how you see it,or regardless of if you like what he did, thats what he did.& i suppose rock stars are model citizens and role models too! do they not promote drugs and sex? i guess not. if you dont like what they are doing, ok then. you dont know this man at all, no one knows him personally so cant make any judgments about him. ok his message isn't that great, but no one here knows what he does in his every day life. maybe coke and sippin on sizzurp is his life. if you would like it to stop lets all contribute to stopping it. if not, then dont complain. and how many people die at 33? lots. maybe it was diabetes NATURAL CAUSES, or something like that. it happens.

"...crawls back in hole.."

I am not trying to start a pissing contest - I am just calling it as I see it.

I do like rap - Old School is best, but I appreciate all kinds of music within reason. I do know who he is - I have heard is music - and I am "proud" to say that my husband owns one of his first CD's. When he was just local.

I live in Houston, as I said before. Port Arthur is where he was born and raised and I have family there as well. Since you said this was his lifestyle, let me go there.... Personally, I don't give a rats ass about their Lifestyle. If rappers wanna get high, sell drugs, fight over color, roll with it. The problem I have is when these people glorify what they are doing (drugs, guns, etc.) and try to make it look all cool and put it in there music as the way to be, that is when I have the problem. It's not cool, it's not the way to be. You have hot headed teenage boys going to the mail 3 blocks from my office building shooting up mall clerks, just for fun. I do think rap music as it stands today, IS a big problem in our society. Not ALL rap, there is some decent, I am talking about the gangster, violent and drug promoting kind. It is doing terrible things to our kids.

God Bless MC HAMMER! Word!

Rock & Roll is just as fucked up. Although, high profile OD's and Drive By's are few and far between. I'm sure they sip on the sizzurp too, but at least they ain't singing to my 11 year old about it.

Like I said, I do feel bad for his family and I DO hope "natural causes" does prevail in this case. I am just stating that from his history of drug abuse and etc., there will more than likey be more to the story.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Death Hag Chris Guest
    i know more than anyone there is positive hip hop! but im not sticking up for him i just said that i dont like him! i just dont think that we should judge his personal life. im just saying you dont know him. i do what i please. & for the most part tupac is positive. like i said if you dont like it try to stop it, if not dont complain. if you arent part of the solution guess what??? youre part of the problem.
    oh, RIGHT! cause I'M the one putting guns into their hands, and crack into their pockets, and 40oz into their hands, and making them talk smack and throwing gang signs. GOTCHA!!! how the fuck am I supposed to stop the gang violence? what, pray tell, are YOU doing to solve this dilemma?

Jazbabee Guest
    Legendary Artist ???? MWAHAHAHAHA maybe in his and 1 or 2 other peoples minds !!! gimme a break !

I didn't know who he was. I asked my husband, who's a big rap fan, and he didn't know.

However, that doesn't make his death any less tragic. Aside from any bad things he might've done, he had a family and I feel for them.

Personally I don't care for rap but there's room in the music biz for everybody. We all have different tastes in music. He didn't float my boat but he did float somebodys thus the coverage in the news of his death.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    oh, RIGHT! cause I'M the one putting guns into their hands, and crack into their pockets, and 40oz into their hands, and making them talk smack and throwing gang signs. GOTCHA!!! how the fuck am I supposed to stop the gang violence? what, pray tell, are YOU doing to solve this dilemma?
    i'm not the one complaining, so i have no problem with it.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    I've never heard of him...but it is hard to believe that a 33 year old would die of "natural causes".
    I was thinking this exact same thing. Seems a bit young to die (naturally). You never know though, when it is your time, it is your time, I guess. I, too, have no idea who he is but I hope he rests in peace.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Rap is crap. All they sing about is money, disrespecting women, and cars. Once you hear one song you have heard them all. There is very little originality involved. If it went away tomorrow I would be happy.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    and everything else is original

GrinReaper Guest
    Rap is crap. All they sing about is money, disrespecting women, and cars. Once you hear one song you have heard them all. There is very little originality involved. If it went away tomorrow I would be happy.
    Word

I think what the detractors of rap are saying is that most rappers just take other peoples music, add a bassy drum beat and rap over it. To me there is no difference between rapping and karaoke. Originality is knowing how to play a instrument and composing a piece of music from scratch. Sure rappers write lyrics but so do people at poetry slams. As a musician I just can't get into rap.

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I think what the detractors of rap are saying is that most rappers just take other peoples music, add a bassy drum beat and rap over it. To me there is no difference between rapping and karaoke. Originality is knowing how to play a instrument and composing a piece of music from scratch. Sure rappers write lyrics but so do people at poetry slams. As a musician I just can't get into rap.
    I agree

But I want to add that if that kind of music floats your boat more power to you. People can't help what they like. I do have a couple of old NWA cd's. That stuff was all right but everything since then is the same to me. I think the Beatles are garbage so I know how it is to be in a minority when it comes to musical taste.

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    But I want to add that if that kind of music floats your boat more power to you. People can't help what they like. I do have a couple of old NWA cd's. That stuff was all right but everything since then is the same to me. I think the Beatles are garbage so I know how it is to be in a minority when it comes to musical taste.
    I will suffer thru almost anything but the Rap is not for me. I like a few Beatles songs but they were never my favorite.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    i'm not the one complaining, so i have no problem with it.
    considering all I said was "who?" before you got all defensive, I think that's a cop out. but it doesn't matter anyway. let em all shoot each other down. I won't be crying when they all start dying. one less gang banger on the streets corrupting the minds of the young.

Same here. I'm not a fan of rap. I'd just heard of this guy before and thought some folks here would be interested.

xXSTL_AngelXx Guest
    I didn't know he passed away til I saw this thread on him a couple of days ago. "Sippin on sum sizrup" was my favorite song by them.

Welcome to the forum xXSTL AngelXx.

Forever-27 Guest
    Im with you .... Ive always thought of rap as noise of the untalented.

hotmama Guest
    i was not into pimp c. but i have seen him. they did not do the syrup thing. he and his partner bun b are in video with jay z. called "big pimpin". i will not judge people and i know alot of people wanted to be able to say "oh he OD'ed. all rappers don't do drugs just all rock stars don't do drugs and by the way elvis OD'ed. he has been idolized and he also sang other people's songs. elvis was a straight drug addict all the way live. we can go on about what people who are not rappers who died from drug overdoses. i say we should be glad that these men and women are making money the legal way.

monhol Guest

pimp c

i do like rap and will always like rap. if you do not like it well that is your business. we all like different things. i know what this is about. because alot of people claim to hate rap. i believe it is all about the fact these rappers are making money and lots of it. it is being done the right way and legal way. just like people who claim to hate sports. if you hate sports fine that is your business. hell i hate sports too. but i don't sit around confess my hate with attitude. i am glad to see young people make something of themselves. rap has also made great actors out of queen latifah, ice t(law and order) ice cube, (three kings, anaconda and other movies) hell marky mark also known as mark wahlberg is a rapper turned actor. ll cool j is a rapper/actor. rap has opened doors for people. hell as the rappers say don't hate congratulate. lol

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    i agree with hot mama and monhol.

Ok, I forgot that I do like The Dogg Pound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pvR48FvXy4&feature=related

Shame on me for forgetting that.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-15-2008 at 01:00 AM.

I seen a girl wearing a linux shirt dancing in a cage in that vid! I never had you pegged as a rapper chick.

Morbid1 Guest
    The cats out of the bag now jefe.

lol..

Go Somechick!

Break it of for us some!

1 and a 2

-Morbid1

lisalouver Guest

Pimp C died of cough syrup OD

http://www6.comcast.net/news/article...People.Pimp.C/

I was going to start a thread but found this one that started out talking about Pimp C.

Apparently, DJ Screw also died of the same thing.

Pimp had cleep apnea which would have hastened his death. Two other things to note here, he was decomposing in a "upscale" hotel?

And he had to drink a VERY lare quanity in order for them to classify his death as an OD and be able to find it in decomposed remains.

Very interesting. Maybe it will bring to light the problem of OD'ing on cough syrup.