Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Facts

deathybrad Guest

Useless Facts and Trivia for 5/22

In Iowa, one-armed piano players must perform for free. Discuss.
    Last edited by deathybrad; 05-22-2008 at 04:56 AM.

MbalmR Guest
    LOL, what the hell???

ROFL...

Do they have to play just half of every song then???

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post

In AZ, any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.

In AZ, Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.

In AZ, Hunting camels is prohibited.

In AZ, when being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person posseses.

Maruz83 Guest
    In NYC you can not tie your giaraff (sp) to a tree in the park !!

Oooh! Fun! Great thread idea, Deathybrad!

Japanese (and other Asians, I suspect) are born with a black-and-blue bruise on their bums. It goes away during the first few months of life, but I know of several cases of Japanese folks in the US who had Child Services called on them when a babysitter, for example, noticed this monster bruise on the baby's bum!

Re one-handed piano players...maybe because listeners are only getting 'half' a performance? we have some whack laws in the US eh?

lab_rat Guest
    In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    From Texas:

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

And my favorite:

Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

**Jenna** Guest
    How do you play a piano one handed,and why for free?

11. 05-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post
    From Texas:

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

And my favorite:

Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.
    You are a sik fuk! That has got to be the biggest pile of monkey poo I ever read.

Well it is where GW is from..ok thats all I m gonna say about that..

No need to get all uppity and pro republican just a little remark thats all no need for an asswhoopin!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    You are a sik fuk!
    No need to get all uppity and pro republican just a little remark thats all no need for an asswhoopin!!
    That is something no one will ever need to worry about from me.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post
    That is something no one will ever need to worry about from me.

LMAO

Me I enjoy all views of life ,its what makes it interesting. i take jabs from both sides and give them too.

Those are funny as fuck dude!! Right on!!

JestersKiss Guest
    Great thread Brad,,,im full of useless info. my kinda thread

deathybrad Guest

Useless Facts and Trivia for 5/24

The world record setting longest completed trip with the parking brake on is 313.8 miles. Discuss.

**Jenna** Guest
    Okay,strange things people think of doing

Flowergrrl Guest
    I had a car that I could drive with the Parking Brake on... It was a '82-83 Cougar (same one that plowed through the deer). It got around 13 mpg.

I can't remember how far I had driven it before I realized the Parking Brake was on... Probably a few weeks.

**Jenna** Guest
    Haha I've done that before,when I was learning to drive,my sister got mad,I don't know why,does it fuck up your car?

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    Haha I've done that before,when I was learning to drive,my sister got mad,I don't know why,does it fuck up your car?
    Haha... My car was such crap that my dad didn't care. Here's the same question posted with answers...

http://ask.metafilter.com/54880/Driv...-parking-brake

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    I had a car that I could drive with the Parking Brake on... It was a '82-83 Cougar (same one that plowed through the deer). It got around 13 mpg.
    I'll never forget as long as I live when I had my beloved Red cougar. As I'm going home with 2 of my kids in the car my brakes failed me. Then the car started going fast and I'm maneuvering the steering wheel (scared to death ) I didn't think to pull the emergency brake. All I was doing was steering and luckily after say 3 minutes it came to a complete stop in front of my house. God was with me that day because I could've plowed into a tree. Although that Cougar served me quite well before the brakes got bad.

**Jenna** Guest
    Haha... My car was such crap that my dad didn't care. Here's the same question posted with answers...

http://ask.metafilter.com/54880/Driv...-parking-brake
    Thanks Ratgrrl,here's another stupid question-why do cars even have parking brakes?

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    I'll never forget as long as I live when I had my beloved Red cougar. As I'm going home with 2 of my kids in the car my brakes failed me. Then the car started going fast and I'm maneuvering the steering wheel (scared to death ) I didn't think to pull the emergency brake. All I was doing was steering and luckily after say 3 minutes it came to a complete stop in front of my house. God was with me that day because I could've plowed into a tree. Although that Cougar served me quite well before the brakes got bad.
    Think of it this way... If you had hit a tree, the tree would no longer exist. That's what I loved about that car.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Thanks Ratgrrl,here's another stupid question-why do cars even have parking brakes?
    You're welcome Layne! If your regular brakes fail you're supposed to be able to engage your emergency brake to stop the car. Also, if you drive a manual transmission it keeps the car from rolling while parked... Or, if you park on a hill you can use them.

I don't even remember why I used it in the Cougar since it was an automatic. I always use it if I park a car with a clutch though... Even on flat ground.
    Last edited by Flowergrrl; 05-24-2008 at 10:07 AM.

**Jenna** Guest
    You're welcome Layne! If your regular brakes fail you're supposed to be able to engage your emergency brake to stop the car. Also, if you drive a manual transmission it keeps the car from rolling while parked... Or, if you park on a hill you can use them.

I don't even remember why I used it in the Cougar since it was an automatic. I always use it if I park a car with a clutch though... Even on flat ground.
    Sorry I don't know much about cars except you drive them,lol

Flowergrrl Guest
    Sorry I don't know much about cars except you drive them,lol
    Oh sheesh, no need to say sorry for that... lol. I learned to drive on a manual transmission and my dad pretty much had it drilled into my head before I ever got my license that if I was ever going to drive his car I better know how to use the Parking Brake...

**Jenna** Guest
    Oh sheesh, no need to say sorry for that... lol. I learned to drive on a manual transmission and my dad pretty much had it drilled into my head before I ever got my license that if I was ever going to drive his car I better know how to use the Parking Brake...
    lol

RocketQueen Guest
    I hate when people park our work van and use the e brake. GRRR its an automatic, and our driveway is barely even inclined.

Chunga Guest
    I was driving to Bowling Green, Ohio from my house in Mentor on the turnpike, 90 west, when I observed a person attempting to set the worlds record for the longest left hand turn, or louie, if you like. I entered the toll road at Lorain exit. Grandpa put his left turn signal on to get off at the same exit. We drove up to the first rest stop, about 5 miles up the road and he still had his left turn indicator on. I pulled off at the rest stop for a whizz and some Starbucks.(venti decaff) I was a little hungry so I grabbed a baggle at Panara. This all took some time. After I left the rest stop and resumed my two and a half hour cruise to BG, I came upon old louie up the road quite a bit. The rest stop break took at least 15 to 20 minutes or so. He still had that left turn signal on as I blew past him. Now 90 west runs clear out to Oregon or Hawaii or something. For all I know old lefty was headed way, way out west with that durn turn signal on the entire way, determined to set that record. Atta boy, Gramps.

deathybrad Guest

Useless Facts and Trivia for 5/25

In Kansas it is illegal to shoot a rabbit from a motorboat. Discuss.

In the State of Georgia:

--All sex toys are banned.

--It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroner's office.

--Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.

--No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it's Sunday.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

One late afternoon I was heading to a night class in my unbeloved Vega station wagon, when an orange Grimlin pulled out in front of me. I swerved to the left to keep from T-boning it, and lost control of my car. Grim just kept on going. The shit.

The steering wheel was spinning and I was all over the dang two lane, scared shitless, headed for a 30 foot drop off on the left hand side of the road. I knew better than to put on the brakes, so I just let it go.

As my front wheels came within a dime of the drop off, the steering wheel righted and gained control of the car. Whew!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    One late afternoon I was heading to a night class in my unbeloved Vega station wagon, when an orange Grimlin pulled out in front of me. I swerved to the left to keep from T-boning it, and lost control of my car. Grim just kept on going. The shit.

The steering wheel was spinning and I was all over the dang two lane, scared shitless, headed for a 30 foot drop off on the left hand side of the road. I knew better than to put on the brakes, so I just let it go.

As my front wheels came within a dime of the drop off, the steering wheel righted and gained control of the car. Whew!
    Shoulda used the parking brake...

does a jacuzzi count as a bath tub?

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    In the State of Georgia:

--All sex toys are banned.

--It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroner's office.

--Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.

--No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it's Sunday.
    Where do they come up with this stuff?
    I have never seen anyone with an ice cream cone in back pocket, ever.

endsleigh03 Guest
    All sex toys are banned?? Guess its a 'dry' state.

Cathy J. Guest
    In Virginia its illegal for two unmarried adults to live together unless they are related legally ( blood, marriage or adopted ).

Also I have been told its illegal to masterbate in Virginia.

I seem to recall reading about some city where if a guy is over 200 pounds, he must keep his shirt on even at the local pool or otherwise face the same fines and such as if a woman decided to go topless.

So you can do this!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijB01...eature=related
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Lita Guest
    In the city of Lewiston, Idaho, it is illegal to fish from the back of a giraffe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    In the city of Lewiston, Idaho, it is illegal to fish from the back of a giraffe.
    lmfao
    I had always wanted to do that!

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Haha that is so funny!I can just see my grandma doing that

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    In Virginia its illegal for two unmarried adults to live together unless they are related legally ( blood, marriage or adopted ).

Also I have been told its illegal to masterbate in Virginia.

I seem to recall reading about some city where if a guy is over 200 pounds, he must keep his shirt on even at the local pool or otherwise face the same fines and such as if a woman decided to go topless.
    Also, it's illegal to have sex.
    Radar detectors are banned here.
    Used to be you couldn't purchase liquor on Sunday... Now they have ABC stores up North and down at the Beach that are open.
    I don't know if it's still a law but... It used to be illegal to drive without shoes on.

Cataroo Guest
    From the lovely state of Florida:

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

deathybrad Guest
    Also, it's illegal to have sex.
    Radar detectors are banned here.
    Used to be you couldn't purchase liquor on Sunday... Now they have ABC stores up North and down at the Beach that are open.
    I don't know if it's still a law but... It used to be illegal to drive without shoes on.
    I think radar detectors are banned almost everywhere actually. Legal to buy, illegal to use, like a scanner.

deathybrad Guest

Useless Facts and Trivia for 5/26

In Texas it is illegal to drive without windshield wipers while it is NOT illegal to drive without a windshield.

radar roys' site sez they are legal everywhere except in va. d.c.,and military bases,and vehicles over 10,000.

relander Guest

No sense in these either

Wyoming
    You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit

South Dakota
    No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants.

It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.

If there are more than 5 Native Americans on your property you may shoot them.

South Carolina
    Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.

It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.

Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    Minnesota:
    --It is illegal to tease skunks.

--Every man in Brainerd is required by law to grow a beard.
    Michigan:
    --A state law stipulates that a woman's hair legally belongs to her husband.
    --Under state law, dentists are officially classified as "mechanics."
    --In Clawson, it is legal for a man to "sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and
    chickens."
    New York:
    --In NYC, "it is disorderly conduct for one man to greet another on the street by placing the end of his thumb against
    the tip of his nose and wiggling the extended fingers of that hand."
    North Carolina:
    --It is illegal to have sex in a Churchyard.
    --It is illegal to make love on the floor of a hotel room between two double beds.
    Oklahoma:
    --Whale hunting is strictly forbidden.
    --People who make "ugly faces" at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
    Ohio:
    --In Columbus, it is illegal for stores to sell corn flakes on Sunday.
    --In Oxford, it is illegal for a woman to disrobe in front of a man's picture.
    --In Youngstown, it is illegal to run out of gas.
    Oregon:
    --The town of Hood River prohibits the act of juggling without a license.
    Montana:
    --In Whitehall, it is illegal to operate a vehicle with ice picks
    attached to the wheels.
    --It is a felony for a wife to open her husband's mail.
    Nebraska:
    --If a child burps during a church service in Omaha, his or her parents may be arrested.
    --It is illegal for a mother to give her daughter a perm without a state license.
    Florida:
    --Unmarried women who parachute on Sunday's will be jailed.
    Georgia:
    --In Quitman, it is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.
    --In Columbus, it is illegal to sit on one's porch in an indecent position.
    Pennsylvania:
    --"Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside,
    and let the horses pass. If the horses appear skittish, the motorist must take his car apart
    piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bushes."

Rhode Island:
    --Its illegal to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
    Tennessee:
    --It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
    --In Dyersburg, it is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.
    --In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself; "a man must walk or run in front of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching
    pedestrians and motorists."
    Texas:
    --The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned because it contains a formula for making
    beer at home.
    --It is illegal to milk another person's cow.
    Utah:
    --A husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife in his presence.
    Virginia:
    --In Richmond, it is illegal to flip a coin in any eating establishment to determine who
    buys a cup of coffee.
    --In Lebanon, it is illegal to kick your wife out of bed.
    Vermont:
    --It is illegal to deny the existence of God.
    --It is illegal to whistle underwater.
    --Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
    Arkansas:
    --A man can legally beat his wife, but no more than once a month.
    California:
    --In L.A., a man may legally beat his wife with a leather strap, as longas it is less than 2 inches
    wide, or she gives him permission to use a wider strap.
    --It is a misdemeanor to shoot any kind of game from a moving vehicle,
    unless the target is a whale.
    Massachusetts:
    --It is illegal to wear a goatee without a license.
    --North Andover prohibits its citizens from carrying "space guns."
    --In 1659, the state outlawed Christmas.
    Indiana:
    --Monkey's are forbidden to smoke cigarettes in South Bend.
    Illinois:
    --In Chicago, it is illegal to take a french poodle to the Opera.
    --According to state law, it is illegal to speak English. The officially
    recognized language is
    "American." --In Joliet, it is illegal to mispronounce the name Joliet

Xtine Guest
    In Texas it is illegal to drive without windshield wipers while it is NOT illegal to drive without a windshield.

makes sense for Texas.

RoRo Guest
    lol only in Texas!

deathybrad Guest

Useless Facts and Trivia for 6/3

In 2003 and 2004 the pumpkin cannon 'Second Amendment' would have set the world record "punkin chunk" at over a mile, had the machine not misfired its ordinance into a nearby trailer court.