Page 1 of 101 1231050100 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for Dinner?

Keyser Soze Guest

What's for Dinner?

Im gonna drag my rear into the kitchen soon and make meatballs and gravy. Well, spag sauce, I call it gravy. I have an awesome family recipe for meatballs and I have not made them in a while, so thought that would be good for a saturday night-

what about you?

shellileigh Guest
    Eating chicken, potato salad (hiding from someone who hates potato salad, sorry) and typing this.

onehunglow Guest
    Oh God ! Ill now

Kathyf Guest
    Trying to figure out what I want.

JeffD Guest
    chili cheese dogs, homemade

poppie Guest
    Lasanga, salad, and a garlic roll. Dinner was wonderful.

Pryncis Guest
    Walmart brand Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff. It's my dad's favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Im gonna drag my rear into the kitchen soon and make meatballs and gravy. Well, spag sauce, I call it gravy. I have an awesome family recipe for meatballs and I have not made them in a while, so thought that would be good for a saturday night-

what about you?
    We went out for seafood with my aunt and uncle. It was delicious. And I didn't have to cook!

Can you post your awesome meatball recipe, or is it a family secret?

mgpm Guest
    Rice, fish and green beans. Kind of healthy today.

Keyser Soze Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    We went out for seafood with my aunt and uncle. It was delicious. And I didn't have to cook!

Can you post your awesome meatball recipe, or is it a family secret?

Ok, I don't really have measurements- you just kinda do it to taste or what you like:

Ground Chuck
    Ground Pork
    Ground Veal ( I don't like veal so I omit this)
    Finely chopped onion
    Finely chopped garlic
    Parmesan cheese
    bread crumbs
    fresh diced parsley
    2 eggs
    salt and pepper
    rosemary
    basil

Mix them up and then roll into balls (I dip my hands in water so its easier to roll them)
    and you can either broil them till the outside is browned, or you can cook them in oil in a sauce pan- to avoid lots of fat, I broil them and then put them in the sauce and let that cook on low for about 90 min to 2 hours.
    You can add or remove what ingredients you want- but thats what I use and they are yummy!!!

what about you?
    I made that last night!

Tonight its pizza.

Cettie Guest
    Spare ribs with homemade BBQ sauce, scalloped potatoes, steamed baby carrots and a blackberry pie. All homemade and homegrown on my farm out here in the boondocks.

Danny62 Guest
    Some mexican thing!

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cettie View Post
    Spare ribs with homemade BBQ sauce, scalloped potatoes, steamed baby carrots and a blackberry pie. All homemade and homegrown on my farm out here in the boondocks.
    Where? Can I visit? Please?

MbalmR Guest
    I made some home made corned beef hash and served it with poached eggs over toast. It's the first time I tried this dish; I always had CBH from a can before, but this..........this was absolutely fabulous. Never going back to the can again, and it was easy to make. (Anyone interested in the recipe, let me know; I'll post it in the recipe thread.)

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    I made some home made corned beef hash and served it with poached eggs over toast. It's the first time I tried this dish; I always had CBH from a can before, but this..........this was absolutely fabulous. Never going back to the can again, and it was easy to make. (Anyone interested in the recipe, let me know; I'll post it in the recipe thread.)
    I had CBH for the first time a few weeks ago at an Irish pub. I was surprised how good it was and how much i liked it. I always thought it would be nasty, like peasant food.

SueWahoo Guest
    Dad sprang for some Chinese!

donetodeath Guest
    getting over a bad chest infection,but was very hungry last night(being sat).I made fried rice(my own recipie,and garlic prawn's.(my family love it when i feel better and get right back into cooking!

Keyser Soze Guest

I made corned beef, cabbage and red potato's last night! Yummy stuff!!

opheliahardin Guest
    I had curried beef tongue on toast.

Would love to see the recipe for CBH, MbalmR!

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by opheliahardin View Post
    I had curried beef tongue on toast.

Would love to see the recipe for CBH, MbalmR!
    Fair enough; I'll post it in the recipe thread. DANG, it's easy, but better than that canned stuff.

Bayou Voodoo Guest

what about you?
    As a matter of fact, I made spaghetti and meatballs tonight, too. Along with mozzarella garlic bread and some cheap red wine...and pecan pie for dessert. Pretty damn good.

More Cheese Please Guest
    We celebrated tonight and I love to cook, so, I thought calories and all that bullshit be damned!

We had...
    Boneless Rib Eye Steaks- bloody as hell- sauced with a reduction of beef stock, red wine, a hint of heavy whipping cream and blue cheese crumbles with cracked black pepper...buttered orzo... grilled asparagus... kalamata tuscan bread served with garlic infused olive oil for dipping... butter lettuce with blue cheese, candied walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette... washed down with a good Merlot!

Tonight is my first night off after working 50 hrs of overtime this week (86 hrs total). I am having a piece of string cheese, a handful of almonds, a starbucks coffee I bought this morning that I was too tired to drink 12 hrs ago, and a can of campbell's chicken noodle soup that I'm not sure how it ended up at my house but it's mine now. Thankfully, we are going to Ruth's Chris steak house tomorrow!

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Colicky View Post
    Tonight is my first night off after working 50 hrs of overtime this week (86 hrs total). I am having a piece of string cheese, a handful of almonds, a starbucks coffee I bought this morning that I was too tired to drink 12 hrs ago, and a can of campbell's chicken noodle soup that I'm not sure how it ended up at my house but it's mine now. Thankfully, we are going to Ruth's Chris steak house tomorrow!
    Rockin' good times!

The Porterhouse for two with extra butter is oooooh sooooo lip smackin' good!

Maza Guest
    We are just back from a mexican restaurant with friends,
    I had the Taco Salad which was very nice and 3 large frozen margaritas which were even better....

Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    Rockin' good times!

The Porterhouse for two with extra butter is oooooh sooooo lip smackin' good!
    I love the Porterhouse steak, medium rare! How do you like yours?

Keyser Soze Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    As a matter of fact, I made spaghetti and meatballs tonight, too. Along with mozzarella garlic bread and some cheap red wine...and pecan pie for dessert. Pretty damn good.

Pecan pie is my fav!!

Jealous..........

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Colicky View Post
    I love the Porterhouse steak, medium rare! How do you like yours?
    "Bloody as hell" Yummy stuff... that Porterhouse is the best of both worlds!

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    We celebrated tonight and I love to cook, so, I thought calories and all that bullshit be damned!

We had...
    Boneless Rib Eye Steaks- bloody as hell- sauced with a reduction of beef stock, red wine, a hint of heavy whipping cream and blue cheese crumbles with cracked black pepper...buttered orzo... grilled asparagus... kalamata tuscan bread served with garlic infused olive oil for dipping... butter lettuce with blue cheese, candied walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette... washed down with a good Merlot!
    That sounds fabulous!

I was lazy tonight, so I just made a whole schmorgazboard (sp?) of finger foods. Deviled eggs garnished with minced chives, cocktails weenies in BBQ sauce, prosciutto, mini mozzarella balls, greek olives, gourmet potato chips...I'm in a salt-induced coma right now.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    take out Chinese...Egg Roll, Wonton Soup, Swimp Chow Mien & Kung Pow Chicken

Ms. K Guest
    Tonight? Since it was just me, I indulged in In N Out. Double-Double, fries, and an iced tea, yum!

Tomorrow, my daughter and I will have breakfast for dinner, eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, and buttermilk biscuits.

Monday, it's pot roast, taters, and carrots for the whole family, with cornbread.

Tuesday? Meatloaf, mashed taters, and green beans.

Wednesday, spaghetti and meatballs, Italian bread, a nice salad, and good wine. Hey, it's our wedding anniversary! Nine years Wednesday...not bad!

Ok, I don't really have measurements- you just kinda do it to taste or what you like:

Ground Chuck
    Ground Pork
    Ground Veal ( I don't like veal so I omit this)
    Finely chopped onion
    Finely chopped garlic
    Parmesan cheese
    bread crumbs
    fresh diced parsley
    2 eggs
    salt and pepper
    rosemary
    basil

Mix them up and then roll into balls (I dip my hands in water so its easier to roll them)
    and you can either broil them till the outside is browned, or you can cook them in oil in a sauce pan- to avoid lots of fat, I broil them and then put them in the sauce and let that cook on low for about 90 min to 2 hours.
    You can add or remove what ingredients you want- but thats what I use and they are yummy!!!
    Cool! Thanks. I'll probably leave out the veal, too. I don't like it either.

Jaxxx Guest
    Had a steak,sorry but well done, baked sweet potato, salad with balsamic vingarette, and sweeten tea with lemon no desert.

Morbid1 Guest
    Pot Roast here,mashed potatoes,creme brulee for desert!

Dam good!

-Morbid1

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbid1 View Post
    Pot Roast here,mashed potatoes,creme brulee for desert!

Dam good!

-Morbid1
    You hedonist! LOL!

Not sure what corned beef hash is, but after every time I cook corned beef (from a joint of silverside), I get the leftovers from the fridge the next day and mince them. Put with mashed potato, crumb them and deep fry.... yummo.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Jersey Girl Guest
    Damn, you people are making me hungry and I just got done breakfast not too long ago, lol.
    Sounds good people... sounds good. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm!
    Last night was a rush night, so we just ordered pizza. Had a sicilian with italian sausage. Yumm!
    Tonight I am making Escarole soup (aka italian wedding soup), and if you were raised by South Philly italians, you pronounce it Schki-dole soup..
    It will be accompanied by homemade cheesy onion rolls.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Sunday dinner will be Pot Roast with Natural Gravy, Boiled Potatoes and baby carrots

Jersey Girl Guest
    Tonight it's chicken cutlets and homemade macaroni and cheese..yummy!

I normally don't know until I get home

Snoopy Guest
    Had chicken Risotto salad and Italian bread last night. Tonight could be a take out night..son has a Dr. appointment ..but snow may cancel that..so it's up in the air.

last night i made fried catfish and mac&cheese, not sure what the menu will be tonight, i want something with mashed potatoes!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

mgpm Guest
    Yesterday was pot roast with potatoes and corn, homemade gravy.

Tonight I dunno. I hope my husband will pick something up.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Last nite I made something known as a "Failure Bowl"...(its a long story).

Tonite I am making Chicken Yakisoba, Veg Tempura (with dipping sauce), and shrimp rolls....

onehunglow Guest
    Tonight, Chicken fried steak and mashed potatos and glazed carrots. No chickens were harmed in the making of this dinner. Somewhere a beef on the hoof gave up the hide though. Yum.

me thinks that is what i'll be making tonight!!! chicken fried steak sounds too good to pass up!
    Last edited by xoxojessicaxoxo; 12-13-2007 at 09:06 AM.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Anything that I don't have to cook sounds good to me.

I've just read the post dedicated to jason8478, about colon cleansing, so I think I will pass on making comments or suggestions...sorry for being so gross, lol!!!

miamore73 Guest
    We had seafood last night.

I think I want Chili Cheese Dogs tonight.