Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Michael Hutchence: A New Sensation?

happy belated birthday, Michael (january 22nd)
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

2. 02-26-2013, 12:19 AM

I don't know if its been said but Michael H looked a lot like Jim Morrison.....Even the dance moves in 'I need you tonight' reminded me of
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    I don't know if its been said but Michael H looked a lot like Jim Morrison.....Even the dance moves in 'I need you tonight' reminded me of
    I always thought the same thing. I was a huge INXS fan and was heartbroken when Michael died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

anyone seen a picture of tiger lately? she looked EXACTLY like michael when younger
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbaec03bd54ffc1c77b48ab8cc764a07.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	48983Michael Died 16 years ago on November 22nd 1997. I was beyond distraught. I had met this man numerous times over his career. He was always cool to his fans, as were all the members of the band. I particularly remember seeing him walk through the lobby of a Ritz Carlton in Atlanta when INXS was at the height of the fame in 1988, he was so confident and everyone turned to look at him. He really had that special something... and that voice...amazing! Miss you so much Hutch.
    Last edited by Saskia; 11-21-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Hurry back...hurry back...don't forget to bring your....death certificate!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I miss him too. Shame what happened to him.

Michael was very good looking, and had alot of talent. missed very much.
    this picture of tiger was from a year agoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	as.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	48989

Oh wow, has it really been 16 years ago??? Damn! Gosh what a waste. Such a beautiful man with a great talent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Probably of of the best rock exports from Australia, still hear INXS on the radio everyday, music is timeless, honored to have been able to see them live numerous times when they played at my work.

Happy born day MH!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

He could really belt out the songs.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Yecart View Post
    Probably of of the best rock exports from Australia, still hear INXS on the radio everyday, music is timeless, honored to have been able to see them live numerous times when they played at my work.
    Workers Club? I saw them there a few times.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    Michael was very good looking, and had alot of talent. missed very much.
    this picture of tiger was from a year agoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	as.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	48989
    Her resemblance is remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Workers Club? I saw them there a few times.
    Yep, the Newcastle Workers Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Yecart View Post
    Yep, the Newcastle Workers Club!
    Spent four months in Newcastle on a floating drydock in 1982 whilst in the NAVY. Lived there for a couple of years after I got out of the NAVY and really do miss the place. Merewether pub on a Sunday arvo listening to the band, and having a few beers overlooking the beach. Good times. There for the earthquake as well, bad times.

I saw Simple Minds and George Thorogood at the Workers. Great venue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was such a INXS fan gal during the KICK era. I got to see them at the Pacific Amphitheater during that time in the nose bleed section. My older brother went with me and I was screaming my lungs out. Years later I was sad about MH passing...and yes, I watched the circus of Rockstar INXS out of pure embarrassment.
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Spent four months in Newcastle on a floating drydock in 1982 whilst in the NAVY. Lived there for a couple of years after I got out of the NAVY and really do miss the place. Merewether pub on a Sunday arvo listening to the band, and having a few beers overlooking the beach. Good times. There for the earthquake as well, bad times.

I saw Simple Minds and George Thorogood at the Workers. Great venue.
    That was a bit before my time, I started there in 1996. INXS were my absolute favorites bit I have seen many many concerts come through, good times they definitely were.

Last Sunday night there was the first part of a two part series based on the story of INXS. It is called 'INXS Never Tear Us Apart'. Catch it if you can, it is very well done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SiriusBlack Guest
    Hi Neil, I watched and enjoyed most of it - the start was a bit slow but what I loved was the gradual build up of the band and their relationship to each other. Andy Ryan who played Andrew Farriss was the best part IMO he did such a great job and I also loved those scenes between him and the actor who played Michael Hutchence. Am really looking forward to part two I think it will be better.

Ted Challinor Guest
    I'd love to see a quality drama made focusing on the love triangle of him, Brit sex-pot Paula Yates and Mr Geldorf. Paula fell made in love with the Aussie and left the Boomtown Rats singer flirting openly on the Big Breakfast show she hosted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHI_G1QFfIs

Baron von zeppelin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I do not think they looked a bit alike,and hutchence could not touch jim morrison's talent as a songwriter.He was a lot better singer than JM was,so i'll give you that.

Just read a interview about a book coming out on Kylie Minogue.

It looks like all the crap Michael got for dragging her down her was unwarranted as she was a lot more worldwide than she claimed to be, including screwing a guy in front of people at a party when she was a teenager and getting into a fight with a drag queen and sticking a cue up his/her nose.

So the whole innocent act was just that and Michael got all that bad press for corrupting her over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Just read a interview about a book coming out on Kylie Minogue.

It looks like all the crap Michael got for dragging her down her was unwarranted as she was a lot more worldwide than she claimed to be, including screwing a guy in front of people at a party when she was a teenager and getting into a fight with a drag queen and sticking a cue up his/her nose.

So the whole innocent act was just that and Michael got all that bad press for corrupting her over nothing.
    Whether he dragged her down or not, she was totally up for anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OMG....he was just SO FREAKIN SMOKIN HOT....mega charming too!!! In part of this interview, he talks about 9 month old Tiger Lily....wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7cTfaLbIVg
    Last edited by Cynful; 05-04-2014 at 10:04 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Anyone in the uk or able to get Channel 5 Autopsy at 9pm tonight is Michael Hutchence

Quote Originally Posted by Emzy View Post
    Anyone in the uk or able to get Channel 5 Autopsy at 9pm tonight is Michael Hutchence
    Yeah, I will be. I watched the last series as well with Anna Nicole Smith, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson. It's an alright half hour but you don't find out anything that new and to be honest, I learned more from reading the posts on here.

So the main stuff I didn't know centred around toxicology. Cocaine, Diazepam, Prozac and Alcohol. Conclusion suicide. Interesting.

Karen Carpenter next week.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I have to admit when I read the broomstick up the bum rumor and looked at the name of this thread I grinned.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I have to admit when I read the broomstick up the bum rumor and looked at the name of this thread I grinned.
    Giggle

Tiger Lily is getting nothing from his estate

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-Michael.html

WELL THAT BITES....
    I am sure she isn't wanting for a thing....but still! michael's only child getting NOTHING......sucks

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Tiger Lily is getting nothing from his estate

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-Michael.html
    That's just awful. People forget INXS were done when Hutchence offed himself. I feel so bad for this kid. 2 incredibly awful, selfish people as parents. Hutchence was nothing more than a drunken junky Jim Morrison impersonator. If he actually cared about his kids he would have sobered up and actually been a father. No offense intended but I hate people like that. That's basically why I haven't commented on Cobain's thread. It would go badly lol

That's just awful. People forget INXS were done when Hutchence offed himself. I feel so bad for this kid. 2 incredibly awful, selfish people as parents. Hutchence was nothing more than a drunken junky Jim Morrison impersonator. If he actually cared about his kids he would have sobered up and actually been a father. No offense intended but I hate people like that. That's basically why I haven't commented on Cobain's thread. It would go badly lol
    You are right. Do you think Hutchence killed himself or it was the auto-erotic thing gone wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    You are right. Do you think Hutchence killed himself or it was the auto-erotic thing gone wrong?
    I think he killed himself. Right before he died he had a fight on the phone with Geldof. People in other rooms heard him yelling. He was drunk dialing people crying and stuff. He was depressed, incredibly drunk, high. The music career had already seen its best days. He knew he had no money. I think he got so down at a single moment he made a drunken rash decision to end it. Then again it's possible he decided to rub a kinky one out before hitting the hay lol

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    You say it yourself he was depressed...depressed people drink and do drugs to cover up the pain. Depressed people kill themselves everyday. I feel sorry for them. Suicide is also hereditary the experts say. Cobain had a history of suicide in his family.

I think he killed himself. Right before he died he had a fight on the phone with Geldof. People in other rooms heard him yelling. He was drunk dialing people crying and stuff. He was depressed, incredibly drunk, high. The music career had already seen its best days. He knew he had no money. I think he got so down at a single moment he made a drunken rash decision to end it. Then again it's possible he decided to rub a kinky one out before hitting the hay lol
    Same here. I have the same opinion.

Here's a really good documentary about his death. It's called Autopsy - The Last Hours of Michael Hutchence. A world renowned forensic pathologist studies his case and shares his findings. It went down like I thought more or less.

Here's a really good documentary about his death. It's called Autopsy - The Last Hours of Michael Hutchence. A world renowned forensic pathologist studies his case and shares his findings. It went down like I thought more or less.

Great Vid Stewie...thanks for the find
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

You're welcome. Cocaine binge. Without the cocaine he probably would have just passed out and lived longer.

You're welcome. Cocaine binge. Without the cocaine he probably would have just passed out and lived longer.
    Yup...I think it was a combination of a whole lot of great drugs, fame, women, and that guy Geldorf getting under his skin and pushing him to the edge. Some people can deal with it, some can't. Shame
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

That Autopsy show was pretty good. But what I don't get is how Bob Geldolf had the authority to not let Tiger Lily go to Australia? She wasn't his kid - she was Michael's! I just don't understand that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    That Autopsy show was pretty good. But what I don't get is how Bob Geldolf had the authority to not let Tiger Lily go to Australia? She wasn't his kid - she was Michael's! I just don't understand that one.
    I think it was because Bob would not give permission for Paula to take their three daughters to Australia, that she told Michael she would not be bringing Tiger Lily either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

I LOVE this fantastic footage so much!!! Final rehearsal of INXS with Michael, 11/21/1997, in Sydney... he seems in great spirits here, laughing, joking, telling stories, but was dead the next day :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWCl12ZboXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfDPZEdbQZg
    Last edited by Cynful; 04-05-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea this existed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INXS together with Ray Charles, performing "Please" on David Letterman, October 1993. Wow!!!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0IOj8OA7o
    Last edited by Cynful; 04-05-2015 at 07:33 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think Tiger Lily looks like him. I have never seen a picture of her grown up. Apparently she's doing some modeling.

I hope life has been good for her living with Bob Geldof. She's had to live through so much tragedy between Paula, Michael and Peaches. I hope she turns out OK.

There's also a short video of Michael's sister at this link where they ask her if she thinks he killed himself or died accidentally. She definitely thinks he killed himself, he was not happy living in London and was upset that Tiger Lily could not come to Australia to live with him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...blossomed.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FF39E8200000578-3202871-She_is_said_to_have_rejected_dozens_of_modelling_contracts_in_fa-a-1_14.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	52973  
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 08-19-2015 at 09:18 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fabulous footage here from INXS's first TV appearance on the Simon Townsend Show, circa 1980 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arUObqc7rKg

Last edited by Cynful; 09-24-2015 at 11:12 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well crap.I can't watch it now. Anyone want to give me the rundown? People keep speculating that he died doing auto erotic asphyxiation but I just don't believe that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Grr. That sucks. It's proven it wasn't auto erotic asphyxiation. And that doc made an air tight argument. And here's a link to the doc no longer on youtube

http://dai.ly/x222fvr
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 09-28-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Grr. That sucks. It's proven it wasn't auto erotic asphyxiation. And that doc made an air tight argument. And here's a link to the doc no longer on youtube

http://dai.ly/x222fvr
    Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]