Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Hutchence: A New Sensation?

candleinthewind Guest

Michael Hutchence: A New Sensation?

Suicide or Autoerotic Asphyxiation? Discuss

knothere Guest
    autoerotic asphyxiation man dont wana type that twice... it just went wrong........... i felt shocked n sad that day...... i love inxs

Of course it was the auto erotica thing - I mean, he was found nude with a belt tightened around his neck on a door knob! I think the family is saying suicide since they don't want to admit to the fact he died of the other!

Snoopy Guest
    I think your right Aries65..I wouldn't exactly want word getting round about the other and from what I've read autoerotic asphyxiation wouldn't be surprising.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Yeah, I'm with you guys and the autoerotic asphyxiation being the most likely.
    And while I also think it's good of Bob Geldof to take Tiger Lily in, man, he's such a wanker...(looks like he's passed that onto Peaches, too, what with her getting paid like £30K to "DJ" a gig...)

I don't know... I mean I know the guy was very sexual based on what I have read and heard but he was also very depressed and going through some pretty ugly stuff personally. I can't make my mind up on this one, I say it's a tie (no pun intended).
    Last edited by Jason; 10-05-2007 at 12:45 PM.

candleinthewind Guest
    I don't know if this is true or not but according to Bono, Michael Hutchence was in an accident and lost his sense of smell. This was especially traumatic to him as his hobby was wine-tasting. I've never heard this anywhere else though.

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    I don't know if this is true or not but according to Bono, Michael Hutchence was in an accident and lost his sense of smell. This was especially traumatic to him as his hobby was wine-tasting. I've never heard this anywhere else though.
    Yes you are right, I have heard that as well and I am pretty sure it is true.

knothere Guest
    Yes he was hit by a taxi, kinda wasn't the same ol Mike after that.

Sweet Tooth Guest
    Well, if he had a head injury, that would explain an impulsive nature, leading to poor judgement.

I've always leaned to Autoerotic Asphyxiation scenario. That evening, he'd been arguing with Bob Geldolf about the children. I believe he really loved and wanted to be with the children and would fight to do so. I really can't believe he'd off himself as long as there was a chance to have custody.

Accidental Autoerotic Asphyxiation.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I vote the auto erotica thingy and ewww, that just creeps me out, the whole idea.

It would seem that the auto erotic route would be a very "rock and roll" way to go...

jazzhands Guest
    How do you lose your sense of smell? That seems kind of odd..

I'm with everyone else though, auto erotic..

leppchic Guest
    I have to agree with the majority, sad, though he was found naked I would lean toward that. Though we know he was drinking heavily that night and may or may not have been taking pills too. It may have just been a drunken accident. Either way it is very very unsettling. He is missed

Snitfit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    I've always leaned to Autoerotic Asphyxiation scenario. That evening, he'd been arguing with Bob Geldolf about the children. I believe he really loved and wanted to be with the children and would fight to do so. I really can't believe he'd off himself as long as there was a chance to have custody.
    My thoughts exactly.

DownUnderDeathHag Guest
    I'm not so sure about the autoerotic thing. He was drinking , possibly on other mind altering substances and might have been angry and depressed and just decided to end it all.

Personally, I'd rather believe that.

Oh he will surely be missed. Though I will have to go with most of you on here and say Autoerotic, despite the reports out there.

Daphne Guest
    Based on what I have read, my opinion is that his death was due to the self strangulation get your kicks thing... very odd fetish- I miss Michael and thought he was an extremely talented musicia

candleinthewind Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzhands View Post
    How do you lose your sense of smell? That seems kind of odd..

I'm with everyone else though, auto erotic..
    A brain injury or a chemical inhalation can cause loss of the sense of smell. Stevie Wonder, in addition to being blind since infancy lost his sense of smell in a car accident. He wasn't born blind by the way. There was an oxygen imbalance in his incubator which led to his blindness.

Another rumor is that not only was Michael Hutchence naked, but there was a broom handle up his butt. Probably a lie, but it has been said.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    broom handle up his butt

TMI TMI TMI!

Heh.

I loved Inxs. Couldn't tell you how many times I danced to Suicide Blonde back in the day.

boingo Guest
    Never heard about the broom handle. Was there an autopsy report? I would think something about that would be in there.
    Even if whoever found him removed it.... wouldn't there be forensic evidence of that?
    Ok, I know, tmi.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    OMG Boingo, forensic evidence.

ROFLMAO in a sick twisted sort of way. Yeah, I'm thinking there would be forensic evidence.

boingo Guest
    Yeah, it is funny in a perverse way.
    According to the write up in FAD there was no forensic evidence to suggest autoerotic asphyxiation. I guess that means no evidence that he climaxed?
    Maybe he just choked to death before reaching his peak?
    How sad would that be?
    Died for nuthin.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    He could have been trying and after having been drinking all night and doing other mind altering willy softening substances, just couldn't find the new sensation

(ducks tomatoes)

boingo Guest
    That was good.

Quote Originally Posted by boingo View Post
    wouldn't there be forensic evidence of that?
    Well, there would be evidence but it would only matter if testing proved that the evidence didn't come from Michael.

candleinthewind Guest
    Well, if the family really wanted this covered up there could have been payoffs and falsified documents. I don't believe it. I think it's a lie but I have heard this. When it first happened there were people who claimed to have been on the scene found him in this state and the family was so embarasssed that the police and coroner left these details out of all the reports.

I am really into celebrity gossip, and the gossip websites always have crazy information that may or not be true. This was info was big in the gossip world when it happened.
    Last edited by candleinthewind; 10-08-2007 at 05:15 AM.

29. 10-08-2007, 06:35 AM

candleinthewind Guest
    I saw INXS in concert in the early 90's. Michael Hutchence was really sexy and dynamic and the band rocked hard. Their musicianship and professionalism was dazzling and I've been to lots of concerts. Some bands are really sloppy live but this was a very tight show.

alex90 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    I saw INXS in concert in the early 90's.
    Don't tell me you saw them in 1991 in London, on Wembley. I have the dvd with that concert and it's the best concert I have ever seen. So where did you see them?

candleinthewind Guest
    No, I saw them at the Meadowlands in NJ.
    Last edited by candleinthewind; 10-08-2007 at 09:54 AM.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Regarding the autopsy report, just go over to the FAD directory and look him up. Scott M. posted the update and the cause of death that I forwarded him.

Scott S.
    Author
    The Tombstone Tourist - Musicians

wideathhag Guest
    I agree with the autoerotic asphyxiation. He was known to experiment sexually and I do think he had a lot to live for with the band, his daughter, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    Regarding the autopsy report, just go over to the FAD directory and look him up. Scott M. posted the update and the cause of death that I forwarded him.

Scott S.
    Author
    The Tombstone Tourist - Musicians
    I just wanted to chime in here Scott S - that your book, "Tombstone Tourist" is a part of my "Death Hag" collection - great reading!

dirk diggler Guest

INXS

Use to see these guys just about where ever u wanted to in the pubs around Sydney in the early 80's with Midnight Oil, Cold Chisel, The Angels, Rose Tattoo etc just to name a few it was a smorgasboard of pubrock i could walk to one pub from my joint 4 bucks, $'s that is, to get in but jeez who new they were just knockabout blokes playing their music at the time .Last time i saw them was in 83'/ 84' at the Vicker of Wakefield pub at Dural, Sydney i think they headed overseas after that for fame and fortune and.....
    Last edited by dirk diggler; 10-08-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: left supm out

Andrea Guest
    Didn't he leave a message on "Martha's" (maybe his manager's phone?) saying "I've had enough?". Who knows either way re cause of death, but his last solo CD is worth checking out --- it's like one long goodbye.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I just wanted to chime in here Scott S - that your book, "Tombstone Tourist" is a part of my "Death Hag" collection - great reading!
    Thanks! I hope you have the 2nd edition because I rewrote the whole book and added another 300 musicians.

It was great fun traveling around the world collecting all the information but after 10 years, publishing a book was the hardest freaking job I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    Thanks! I hope you have the 2nd edition because I rewrote the whole book and added another 300 musicians.

It was great fun traveling around the world collecting all the information but after 10 years, publishing a book was the hardest freaking job I've ever had.
    Yes, I do have the second one. I always make sure to keep all my death hag books "updated" when new editions come out!

Didnt he meet a student reporter a few days before he died? I remember the reporter asking him any words of advise for budding rockstars - Michael clearly said something like this (my memory isnt as good as it was)
    "die young...all good musicians die young." After hearing it - i was certain that michael killed himself. The manner was to go down in rockstar history as being unusual but sexual. He had lost his sense of taste (i heard that on a documentary as well) & found the whole divorce & custody business disturbing (brought back bad memories from childhood). Michael was a extremely sensitive guy & wasnt Paula & his flat raided by police & drugs found?? He may have thought he could lose tiger over that or be a bad influence in her life. with all that in mind..he wanted to go out on top. Suicide for me.... shame as he a great musician.

Karebear Guest
    I saw Michael Hutchence and INXS in 1983 when they were the opening act for Adam Ant in Santa Barbara, CA. I thought he was great and the band was awesome. Fell in love with Michael from that night on.

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    Last time i saw them was in 83'/ 84' at the Vicker of Wakefield pub at Dural, Sydney i think they headed overseas after that for fame and fortune and.....

First time I saw them would have been in 81/82.....on TV! They were on a kids afternoon show called "Simon Townsends Wonderworld" there would not be a person in Australia born during the '70's who would not know what Im talking about. A few Australian celebs potty trained on that show eh?

Anyway only word I have for the Hutchence demise.......DRUGS.

They are pulling down the hotel where he died to build a block of apartments.

knothere Guest
    Mike just got drunk n wasted n took pills n tried the choking till u cum thing.
    Lets see how many of us can do that without commiting suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    Mike just got drunk n wasted n took pills n tried the choking till u cum thing.
    As one does ...........

different kind of girl Guest
    Hey! I'm a newbie here and this is the first thread I'm jumping into just because I'm Mrs. huge INXS and Michael Hutchence fanatic. I think I'd ultimately like to believe he died because of the auto-erotic deal but because of the level of anti depressants, alcohol, drugs, etc. in his system and his phone calls to his manager and good friend, I believe he took his own life. It's tragic.
    I wrote to Scott months ago to ask him to update Michael's profile with the following info... A third of Michael's ashes, the third that his mother had, were buried in in Hollywood Hills on October 20, 1999.
    Here's a quote from the book, Just A Man:

[SIZE=2]"They chose this location as it's employees are known to be extremely discreet about it's many celebrated clients who are interred there and they felt they wanted a place where Michael's friends and family could go that they would feel safe from the prying eyes of the press."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Here is a picture:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I would love to know where that is and be buried close by. I have great love for Michael Hutchence and miss him dearly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I've seen INXS 4 times now, and thankfully was able to see them with Michael in 1992. He was a fantastic musician. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    Last edited by different kind of girl; 10-15-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Jersey Girl Guest
    I loved INXS and Michael. So sad indeed. I remember seeing on some VH1 show.. might have been a Behind The Music or something... his Dad was on talking about his finding out his son had died. A reporter had called him and asked him how he felt about his son's death. I thought that was so terrible. His poor Dad... he looked about to cry.

Spencemom Guest

Saw him once

I went to a INXS concert in Philadelphia in 1993. It was in this old armory thing(very weird venue for a concert). It was general admission & my friend & I made it to the front row somehow. Wow, he was such a great performer. I was mesmerized. It was so freakin' hot in the place he gave us his bottle of water to drink. It was the best concert I was ever at.
    Nicky

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Well no more tears for his poor Dad he joined him in death a few years ago now. Cancer I think.

different kind of girl Guest

Photo favor for someone who lives by Hollywood Hills. (Michael Hutchence)

Is there anyone here who lives by (or is able to easily get to) Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills to take a picture of a grave for me?

I wrote in the M. Hutchence thread that a third of his ashes were buried here in the U.S., at Hollywood Hills. I posted a picture of the headstone, but that is a picture from his mother's book. I would REALLY, REALLY, like to see a current picture of the headstone along with the scenery around him. He's apparently by a giant elm tree and across from a tiny chapel. I live in NC and have never been to this cemetery, so I don't have any other info. Find a Grave only has pictures of his memorial in Australia. I posted this ? on their forum, but no one has responded as of yet.

This means a lot to me. It is easy to say to the random person but being you all understand the fascination and interest, I think you understand why this is so important. For comfort's sake, I would like to see where he is and what he's surrounded by.

I've had a lot of dreams lately that I'm in a cemetery searching for his grave. In my most recent dream, he had this elaborate grave and it was slightly open and I was able to scoop out some of his ashes.

If any one here is willing to do this (take the pic, not scoop ashes! ) for a Death Hag stranger, I would be very grateful to you. I will give you my email and all that info to see the pics. Maybe work out a way to even pay something little for your effort.

Cristy
    Last edited by different kind of girl; 10-17-2007 at 10:38 AM. Reason: By an elm tree, not oak tree.

According to findadeath.com - here's what was done with his ashes:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...e=gr&GRid=4525