Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Hutchence: A New Sensation?

Noelle Page Guest
    How about a bit of both--suicide could be a subconscious instinct, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    How about a bit of both--suicide could be a subconscious instinct, no?
    true... I think this guy wanted to die whether it was planned or just happened that way.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    What is everyone's feeling on that Rockstar: INXS show? I thought it was weird, not only because the band was really known because of the singer, but they tried to paint them as metal/goth. Weird.

I agree with you. I did watch the show but when I first heard about it I felt like "why bother Michael was INXS". Yea of course there was the music but Michael delivered it in a way only he could...
    I didn't notice a metal/goth vibe. But I thought that JD was the best choice to have won. maybe they will update us all with a "Where Are They Now" show and include SuperNova too.
    I remember the first time I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kaqTGTZJMw and was hooked on INXS...

different kind of girl Guest
    The whole Rockstar INXS thing is a HUGE deal to me, obviously. In the INXS circle, it's still a nasty debate. Some say, like one of you did, INXS = Michael Hutchence. However, INXS was not Michael Hutchence alone. Yes, he was the frontman, yes he was what the news was all about - but the guys were all friends from the beginning. Andrew and Michael wrote all the music, etc. Just because Hutch passed does not mean their music should stop OR that the band should change it's name...which was also suggested.

As far as RS INXS, I know a lot of info about the show and basically JD was pegged to have it the whole time. Not saying it was rigged, but the band wants to tour and make money, share their music, etc. and they needed someone who could also sing the hits Michael sang so well - because that is what fans would want to hear. No disrespect, but a female just couldn't cover their tunes as well as a guy - or JD, no one else came close.

I've seen INXS 3 times now with JD and he does a good job. The guys have not stopped touring SINCE the show, which ended in the summer of '05. JD has made it his own, he's definitley a great front man... but even he has his own solo album coming out this month or it already came out.

FOr me, I am into early INXS. Not Kick early. My faves are The Swing and Shabooh Shoobah, even Listen Like Theives. That music kicks ass in my opinion. I'm just glad the guys are able to continue touring and recording because music's their passion too, they are also INXS and just because Michael died, doesn't mean they did too.

(will also add there are tons of rumors/stories especially on Michael's sisters board, that the guys in INXS are back stabbing, lying, etc. but I've heard so many stories about crap coming out of Tina's mouth about everything else (Michael, Paula, Tiger, Bob, etc.) that it's hard to take anything she says as truth)
    Last edited by different kind of girl; 11-16-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Death Becomes Her Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by different kind of girl View Post
    The whole Rockstar INXS thing is a HUGE deal to me, obviously. In the INXS circle, it's still a nasty debate. Some say, like one of you did, INXS = Michael Hutchence. However, INXS was not Michael Hutchence alone. Yes, he was the frontman, yes he was what the news was all about - but the guys were all friends from the beginning. Andrew and Michael wrote all the music, etc. Just because Hutch passed does not mean their music should stop OR that the band should change it's name...which was also suggested.

As far as RS INXS, I know a lot of info about the show and basically JD was pegged to have it the whole time. Not saying it was rigged, but the band wants to tour and make money, share their music, etc. and they needed someone who could also sing the hits Michael sang so well - because that is what fans would want to hear. No disrespect, but a female just couldn't cover their tunes as well as a guy - or JD, no one else came close.

I've seen INXS 3 times now with JD and he does a good job. The guys have not stopped touring SINCE the show, which ended in the summer of '05. JD has made it his own, he's definitley a great front man... but even he has his own solo album coming out this month or it already came out.

FOr me, I am into early INXS. Not Kick early. My faves are The Swing and Shabooh Shoobah, even Listen Like Theives. That music kicks ass in my opinion. I'm just glad the guys are able to continue touring and recording because music's their passion too, they are also INXS and just because Michael died, doesn't mean they did too.

(will also add there are tons of rumors/stories especially on Michael's sisters board, that the guys in INXS are back stabbing, lying, etc. but I've heard so many stories about crap coming out of Tina's mouth about everything else (Michael, Paula, Tiger, Bob, etc.) that it's hard to take anything she says as truth)
    Agree with all of the above. I saw INXS in 93 at Wembley - the best show I have ever seen in my life. I was a fan of INXS from the first time I heard 'What you need' and then went and got their early stuff too.
    I watched RS INXS and as much as I thought they could never replace Michael, they did and I have seen INXS with JD too. That first one I cried a lot - not because Michael was no longer there, but the simple fact that I was hearing the music again, that guitar riff, that trombone, that keyboard, that bass - the band was back and I was happy that they were back and I could see and hear them again.

Michael died, he died, that's it, but his talant does live on, his images are there all of the time. One of his friends said that he could have a Michael experience anytime he wanted, just because the records and imagery are still alive.

Cherryghost - it says in Tina's book - he was seeing a young journalist - they called her Blair, but that is not her real name. Here is chapter 12 - it's chilling - it also mentions the maid as well

http://www.michaelhutchenceinfo.com/JAM_chapter12.htm

Couple of things. If you get these photos you're requesting will you share them? It's obvious how happy this'll make you and it'll be cool if this comes through.

Also what did you make of the whole Mike Patton episode? I was aware at the time he'd been asked to join the band and just thought how ridiculous it seemed. He is a legend of the highest order (my favourite singer I guess if i had to choose one) but would never have fit in with INXS. I thought the way he turned them down was questionable though but also thought it was fairly off they asked him not to disclose he'd been asked to join.

cherryghost Guest
    You can get a great lunch in the Beer Garden of the Sheaf still!

let us know what you find!
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...414608802.html

Went to the Valad Property Group but no mention there (see article above)
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Couple of things. If you get these photos you're requesting will you share them? It's obvious how happy this'll make you and it'll be cool if this comes through.

Also what did you make of the whole Mike Patton episode? I was aware at the time he'd been asked to join the band and just thought how ridiculous it seemed. He is a legend of the highest order (my favourite singer I guess if i had to choose one) but would never have fit in with INXS. I thought the way he turned them down was questionable though but also thought it was fairly off they asked him not to disclose he'd been asked to join.

To be honest, I had no idea they asked him. He's the Faith No More singer, right? I saw them in concert with Billy Idol a long time ago and his style is way different than anything INXS does. I've heard FNM is huge in Australia though, so maybe that's why?

[quote=W Axl Rose;54055]Couple of things. If you get these photos you're requesting will you share them? It's obvious how happy this'll make you and it'll be cool if this comes through.[quote]

Absolutely. I had someone else contact me who seems gung ho on searching for him. She says she's got a group of friends who are gravers and go to the cemetery quite a bit. They warned me it's huge and may take awhile, but they're on it. I will definitley share the pics. =)

cherryghost Guest
    In the last big concert INXS played at Centennial Park in Sydney they were reviewed badly for being excessive and indulgent by then many were becoming embarrassed by the dinasour element the the band was exhibiting! I heard that concert from my terrace in Paddington and by then had no interest in there stadium antics or their music!

cherryghost Guest
    God this is so Sydney, no concept of cultural significance, they, Developers, did the same to the Sebel Town house which used to have everyone, I worked there once and David Bowie came down the front Stairs as I was going in, And he smiled at me, I knew Id get the job haha! Sydney is all about property, new money and gentrification, theres a bit of token convict history left but thats all for show! Sydney is a very hedonistic Town in many ways and doesnt go to deeply into the soul, its about sun, surf, great wine and food and gorgous views. It erases any real cultural history as fast as it can for the $$$. Ive lived here for 25yrs and every music venue barr a couple of pubs, now full of pokies are gone or unrecognisable, We dont have a Chelsea but could have had! haha! Analogy...... Michael Hutchence is scattered in 3 different places, Jim Morrison is in one place still which is nice! That is very french tho, see Serge Gainsburgs home is still as it was and will become a museum! Australians need to travel to experience these things cus our cities are not about history or context!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 11-18-2007 at 01:44 AM.

cherryghost Guest
    There was a quote in the social pages saying Bob Dylan was seen walking through Double bay and was caught in a lift at the Stanford with someone when he had trouble finding the ground floor, cute if not true!

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    In the last big concert INXS played at Centennial Park in Sydney they were reviewed badly for being excessive and indulgent by then many were becoming embarrassed by the dinasour element the the band was exhibiting! I heard that concert from my terrace in Paddington and by then had no interest in there stadium antics or their music!

Is this the last concert with MH or with JD? I would agree that JD is excessive, he tries too hard. Don't know if you've seen his performance of the song Taste It, but he basically gives oral sex to the mike stand.

My husband asked if Michael Hutchence did that and I said that no, he didn't have to resort to cheap tactics. He was sexy just standing still.

Smile

God this is so Sydney, no concept of cultural significance, they, Developers, did the same to the Sebel Town house which used to have everyone, I worked there once and David Bowie came down the front Stairs as I was going in, And he smiled at me, I knew Id get the job haha! Sydney is all about property, new money and gentrification, theres a bit of token convict history left but thats all for show! Sydney is a very hedonistic Town in many ways and doesnt go to deeply into the soul, its about sun, surf, great wine and food and gorgous views. It erases any real cultural history as fast as it can for the $$$. Ive lived here for 25yrs and every music venue barr a couple of pubs, now full of pokies are gone or unrecognisable, We dont have a Chelsea but could have had! haha! Analogy...... Michael Hutchence is scattered in 3 different places, Jim Morrison is in one place still which is nice! That is very french tho, see Serge Gainsburgs home is still as it was and will become a museum! Australians need to travel to experience these things cus our cities are not about history or context!

As for his ashes, don't know if you read what I posted earlier, but his mom's third are buried in L.A. There are a couple people on the search for his marker at the cemetery.

The Sebel was great in it's day.

I remember you could go to any pub any night of the week and see live bands. It was a great time. Now the back rooms are all little gambling dens. I loathe going to the pubs there now, windows blackened out so there is no glare on the pokie screens.

I dont think I will be settling in either Melbourne or Sydney when I go back. Up Cairns way sounds like the go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death Becomes Her Guest

Unhappy Tiger Lily 'Geldof'

12th November 2007
    Sir Bob Geldof is trying to erase the memory of Michael Hutchence by forcing the late rock star's only daughter to change her surname, Hutchence's sister says.
    Geldof has taken care of Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence since her mother, Paula Yates, died in 2000.
    The former INXS frontman's sister, Tina, has told Australia's New Idea magazine in its latest issue that Geldof intends to change Tiger Lily's name to Geldof and formally adopt her.
    "It's not enough that he should have Tiger Lily, but he thinks he should adopt her and change her name," she told the magazine.
    Tiger Lily was born in 1996, a year after Yates ended her 10-year marriage to Geldof to be with Hutchence.
    November 22 marks the 10-year anniversary of Hutchence's death. He was found naked and hanging from a belt in a Sydney hotel room.
    Three years later, TV presenter Yates died from a heroin overdose at her London home.
    The Hutchence family has received a letter from Geldof's lawyers informing them of his intention to change Tiger Lily's name, Tina Hutchence said.
    "In seven years, he's given my mother just four days of supervised visits," she said.
    "None of the rest of us have seen Tiger, only my mother, and that was with the nanny.
    "And the interesting thing is Bob Geldof is patron of a charity called Grandparents Apart - a charity for grandparents who don't get to see their grandchildren," she said.

Well 'Sir' Bob, you have great timing with Michael's anniversary on 22nd - this is pretty hateful to Michael's family, as Tiger Lily is all that they have left of Michael albeit at a distance. I doubt it will not be too long before we here of Michaels mum in the obits - poor woman. I really feel for her.

With the way that Peaches has turned out I would be very worried.

I think the name change thing, especially arriving at the 10 year anniversary of his death is tacky and sad. Tiger's a Hutchence.

wideathhag Guest
    I agree that changing her name is wrong. Are we even sure that this is true? Any feedback in the media from Sir Bob confirming it? With some of Tina's previous claims, I could be a little skeptical...especially given the timing.
    Last edited by wideathhag; 11-18-2007 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Changed a ? to a .

Quote Originally Posted by wideathhag View Post
    I agree that changing her name is wrong. Are we even sure that this is true? Any feedback in the media from Sir Bob confirming it? With some of Tina's previous claims, I could be a little skeptical...especially given the timing.

I agree, with a history of seeming to exaggerate and create situations, I would not be surprised if this weren't true at all. I hope that's the case.

cherryghost Guest
    Is this the last concert with MH or with JD? I would agree that JD is excessive, he tries too hard. Don't know if you've seen his performance of the song Taste It, but he basically gives oral sex to the mike stand.

My husband asked if Michael Hutchence did that and I said that no, he didn't have to resort to cheap tactics. He was sexy just standing still.
    It was one of the last big ones a couple of yrs before MH died and they were losing popularity and were no longer cool!

cherryghost Guest

It wont be long before I go back up North myself!

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post

I remember you could go to any pub any night of the week and see live bands. It was a great time. Now the back rooms are all little gambling dens. I loathe going to the pubs there now, windows blackened out so there is no glare on the pokie screens.

I dont think I will be settling in either Melbourne or Sydney when I go back. Up Cairns way sounds like the go.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post

I am in Melbourne, I love it. If you want live music then there is heaps still on offer. Even though they close some of the golden oldies down which is always a disappointment, The Contiental, Punters Club etc, there are heaps of new places opening up as well, especially in the city centre. You will always find someone playing at the cherry bar or ding dong lounge (owned by one of the guys from the cosmic psychos I think?) and also the toff in town which is new, is always happening (actually to be fair, Curtin House is always happening, 3 bars including a rooftop one which is also a rooftop cinema during summer)

Melbourne and Music go hand in hand - it is just the best place to be (except for today cause it is 35 C and too hot)

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    You are kidding me? They asked Mike Patton? I love him, love him, love him (can you tell I love him?). He is just awesome no matter what band he is in at the time - FnM, Fantomas, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom (I love that one!)., Mr bungle, the list goes on...

I was a big fan of INXS when I was younger, saw then in around 1991 at Rod Laver. My boss' sister did alot of their film clips and knew him!

cherryghost Guest

Great timing to change her name!

I think the name change thing, especially arriving at the 10 year anniversary of his death is tacky and sad. Tiger's a Hutchence.
    Bob is in Brisbane being a loudmouth and when we have the marvelous Australian Tim Flannery as a guide for all the GOVT is doing wrong I dont think we need his advise or slagging off! Still another interesting thing here is his timing also!

If Bob says or does anything interesting about Michael and Tiger, let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    I am in Melbourne, I love it. If you want live music then there is heaps still on offer. Even though they close some of the golden oldies down which is always a disappointment, The Contiental, Punters Club etc, there are heaps of new places opening up as well, especially in the city centre. You will always find someone playing at the cherry bar or ding dong lounge (owned by one of the guys from the cosmic psychos I think?) and also the toff in town which is new, is always happening (actually to be fair, Curtin House is always happening, 3 bars including a rooftop one which is also a rooftop cinema during summer)

Melbourne and Music go hand in hand - it is just the best place to be (except for today cause it is 35 C and too hot)
    Apologies, you are very correct. I left Melbourne in 1979 so I have lost touch. Melbourne was always the cultural and dining capital of the nation when I was growing up. I am not sure how old you are but in the mid 70's places like Tiki and John's was one of the places to be!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nothing new to add. just want my 300'th post here, is all.

PvN73 Guest
    I am 34 so that may be a bit hard for me to remember that. didnt Tiki & John have the theatre restaurant - Crazy House? I can only remember that! When you return to Oz, have a visit in Melbourne - the weather is still crazy (eg this week, sunday storms in the morning and cool, hot in the afternoon - 31C, Monday 37C, Tuesday 26C by 7:30am with a high of 35C, then cool change and today is is only around 18C with storms again! I love it)

The housing, even though expensive is not as bad as Sydney or Perth! And the city centre - AMAZING! Fed Sq the best place to be, always something going on - those architects designed an amazing structure.

Come back you'll love it!

KristinEileen Guest
    Geldof is a jerk..way to be tacky Sir Bob....

I find all of your opinions really interesting. I don't know much about the band or Michael(I'm 22 so it's just a tad before me) but I do know that when they released the show Rockstar: INXS I was annoyed. I think that if they were going to search for a new lead singer they should have changed the band's name or something. I think that was in poor taste as well.
    I guess I will have to read up on him...Different Kind Of Girl could you PM some book titles on him? Thanks

I'll post them here:

Final Days of MH by Mike Gee
    Just a Man: The Real Michael Hutchence by Tina Hutchence & Patricia Glassop (sis and mom)
    Total XS by Rhett Hutchence (bro)
    Kick by Ed St. John
    there's also the book INXS authorized, INXS Story to Story

Someone found him for me a Forest Lawn. She is taking pictures tomorrow. I will post them here when I get them.

dirk diggler Guest
    Read in the paper last week they're changing the name to "The Farriss Brothers"..

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    Read in the paper last week they're changing the name to "The Farriss Brothers"..
    So they are going back to their original name then? what paper was that?

Yes, what paper was that in? I'd like to read that for myself.

dirk diggler Guest
    Sunday Telegraph Nov 18th just scabbed the article out of the recycle bin I'm scanning it now actually reads "Andrew Farriss has denied recent claims INXS will be changing it's name to "The Farriss Brothers"..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inxs story.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	422.5 KB 
ID:	1440  
    Last edited by dirk diggler; 11-20-2007 at 05:56 PM.

I read that JD wanted them to change their name back to that at one point.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    Sunday Telegraph Nov 18th just scabbed the article out of the recycle bin I'm scanning it now actually reads "Andrew Farriss has denied recent claims INXS will be changing it's name to "The Farriss Brothers"..
    that was very interesting! thanks muchly Dirk Diggler

dirk diggler Guest
    Pleasure !

KristinEileen Guest
    I'll post them here:

Final Days of MH by Mike Gee
    Just a Man: The Real Michael Hutchence by Tina Hutchence & Patricia Glassop (sis and mom)
    Total XS by Rhett Hutchence (bro)
    Kick by Ed St. John
    there's also the book INXS authorized, INXS Story to Story
    Thanks for the info...I can't believe it but my local library doesn't have any of these. Luckily I contacted my cousin and she has all but the last one on the list...

Here are some of the photos taken this morning of Michael's marker in California. A third of his ashes are interred here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hutch1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	1481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hutch27.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	1484   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hutch4.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	1486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hutch12.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	1487  

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Only liked a s few of his song's...He knew how to merge "Sound & Vision"
    He was INXS...but they were not that inspiring to me...jmho

Death Becomes Her Guest

Thumbs up

Thank You different girl - you are a star and your friends too
    Rocking out to Mystify as I type and raising my mug of tea to him as I type - its a bit early for the vodka that comes later.
    Some nice words from INXS in the news today - and we should celebrate the fact that he was here, albeit for a short time.
    There may be loads of theories, been going on for 10 years, but you cannot take the fact away that this man rocked in so many ways, for so many of us.
    RIP Michael X

Quote Originally Posted by Death Becomes Her View Post
    Thank You different girl - you are a star and your friends too
    Rocking out to Mystify as I type and raising my mug of tea to him as I type - its a bit early for the vodka that comes later.
    Some nice words from INXS in the news today - and we should celebrate the fact that he was here, albeit for a short time.
    There may be loads of theories, been going on for 10 years, but you cannot take the fact away that this man rocked in so many ways, for so many of us.
    RIP Michael X

would that be a shining star?

agreed, we should not worry about the why's but be thankful for the time he was here and that we are able to hear his voice still...

PvN73 Guest
    This morning on the radio they mentioned that today is the anniversary of his death and noted the lovely words from the remaining INXS members. Then they played his song Rooms for the Memory...

RIP Michael

That is such a great song. I love the video for it too. Pure Michael.

cherryghost Guest
    I was working in my studio in Double Bay today and feeling hungover, celebrating a painting sale, joyous, We found ourselves at the back of the Hotel after walking around the great Double Bay shops looking at Shoes and gorgous things, I hadnt wanted to go near the hotel today, but the doors slid open and we went in, there wasnt any media or anything going on! If the Hotel becomes Apts that will be a shame! Cus in various names the Hotel has an ambiance and Double Bay aint double pay, just a cosy village sometimes as long as you dont take attitude there its fine! I go defiantly into the shops in my painting gear often and looking like crap, but I may have a few $$$ to spend who knows? Im kinda subversive like that! But Im older now and when I was in my 20's I was too self conscious to cope with the place! Its really very relaxed now our retail economy suffering has something to do with it but we Australians all vote on Saturday so things may change!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 11-22-2007 at 02:50 AM.

cherryghost Guest
    Does it disturb anyone that this man is scattered in death as he became in life! How can he rest in peace being scattered! I think that is a signifigant sign of the fractured life he left behind and those who chose to take control after his death! I think that is a very out of control situation that echos those still living who were so ill at ease with his death. Poor man he was conflicted in the end of his life and then his closest were unable to resolve this even in his death ritual!

cherryghost Guest
    Why does Tiger's Dad end up being the person who had a hand in the death of both her biological parients!

cherryghost Guest
    This is so fucked up because these people are so fucked! Unfortunately both Michael and Paula died because of Geldolfs unrelenting ability to let go.....! Now he has their daughter! As a caring person just I think there is huge disfunction there and the only one who can right all this wrong is Tiger! She may be glorious! If she is able to find support and love in others but that is a long stretch!

Geldolf let your daughter visit her grandmother you hyprocrite!

51. 11-22-2007, 02:52 AM