Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2363707172737481 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,600 of 4498

Thread: Heath Ledger

And - the page is stuck again. Just a post to push us over to page 72.

CMS - No offense, but I LOL at your post - Ledger in Joker make-up in your avatar and Lee in Crow make-up in your signature. They really kinda look alike like that. Just an observation!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post

CMS - No offense, but I LOL at your post - Ledger in Joker make-up in your avatar and Lee in Crow make-up in your signature. They really kinda look alike like that. Just an observation!
    I guess your not LOL at my post but your laughing at my 'decor' lol

Yeah they do look alike, alot of ppl have said Heaths joker reminds them of the crow. Gotta admit I'm a sucker for psycho looking characters with painted faces

Quote Originally Posted by CMS View Post
    Gotta admit I'm a sucker for psycho looking characters with painted faces
    Obviously!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Guest Guest
    And so what lol

Sew buttons on your underwear.

*Weird saying of my Grandpa's, lol.

Guest Guest
    *lol*

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

Ok, Chick - I'll bite...

What? What did Grandpa mean?

Dylgem22 Guest
    I like that one Chick!! LOL

Chevyheaven Guest
    Well guess what folks. Today my wife made me watch Brokeback mountain.

It was not what I expected. I hate girlie films about emotions and stuff.. Thats the reason I didnt want to see it Not that there was some man on man action in there.

I really liked it. It was not really about gay sex as I thought too.

Heath gave a solid performance. The scenery was amazing.

undertaker Guest
    Saw the Iron man movie last nite. Had a trailer for the new Batman movie. Ledger is unreconizable as the Joker. Real scary looking perfomance. Made me think of how talented he was, sad to loose him.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

I say that too and I have no idea why - my kids just stare at me...

interrestedintn Guest
    I guess I'm coming in late on this one. Sorry, I've been sick and haven't been online for a while but.....actually, oxycontin is sometimes prescribed as a sleep aid. I don't know why. I suppose it's for people who have trouble sleeping due to pain but sometimes, docs will prescribe a low dose for this. My boyfriend told his doc that he wasn't sleeping well and even though he is already taking up to 100 mg's a day of hydrocodone, his doc gave him 20 mg oxycontin and told him to take it twice a day, once in the morning for pain and before he goes to bed so he'll sleep well. I don't undertand this. He has a back problem but here I am suffering with one herniated disc and one bulging disc with fibromyalgia to boot and I don't take anywhere near the dosage they're giving him. Maybe I'm just not seeing the right doc. lol...Just kidding, I wouldn't want to take as much meds as they have him on in one day and he doesn't usually either. I do still have a lot of pain sometimes though, regardless of my meds and sometimes wish they'd either up my dose or change it to something else that would work. I really don't see the difference in taking a handfull of percocet every day with all the acetominophin that's in it and, taking a couple of oxycontin. It looks to me like it would be better to do the latter since you have to have pain meds anyway when, the acetominophen is really harder on your liver than the narcotic is.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylgem22 View Post
    I like that one Chick!! LOL

Ooooo like your avatar. Pretty pretty.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Heath Ledger's "Joker" Dolls Sell Out

Filed under: Film Flickers > Australiastic > Heath Ledger Heath Ledger dolls are selling out all over New York.
    People are lining up early at toy stores to pick up a plastic action figurine of Heath as the Joker in the Batman sequel The Dark Knight.
    Trying to downplay the Joker sellout, Bob Friedland, a Toys 'R' Us spokesman said, "We are getting these products, all of the Dark Knight action figures, on a regular basis."
    But the stores are running out quickly.
    One employee for Toys 'R' Us saya, "There are none left in the warehouse, either. You will be waiting a while if you want one."
    Many stores are still left waiting for shipments to arrive.
    A spokeswoman for FAO Schwarz said her NY store had none of the figures yet.
    The impossible to acquire Joker figures are being sold in stores for $9.99. And some are already being sold on ebay!
    If people's interest in the dolls and remembering Heath is any indication, the new Batman film is gonna do boffo box office.
    We can't wait to see it on Imax!!!!

KarmaKat Guest
    So sad that the movie and toy manatacturers will be making so much money off his death. Wonder how many of them are having a moral dilema while they count their millions

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    So sad that the movie and toy manatacturers will be making so much money off his death. Wonder how many of them are having a moral dilema while they count their millions

Zero. Too high?

KarmaKat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Zero. Too high?
    Lol. Thats probably right too. Makes you wonder.......

Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    I say that too and I have no idea why - my kids just stare at me...
    You don't say.

I wonder if it's just Joker or if the rest of the characters are selling...

I have a feeling this will be the runaway smash of the year. Possibly the highest grossing Batman ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post

It was not what I expected. I hate girlie films about emotions and stuff.. Thats the reason I didnt want to see it Not that there was some man on man action in there.

I'm so glad you saw it. Google all the awards it won.

Guest Guest

It's refreshing to see a man that actually LIKED BBM! My fiance' can't sit through it, the man on man makes him too uncomfortable, I keep saying it's a great story you gotta watch it but he wont.

On another note, I'm off to a rehab tomorrow to deal with my valium/other benzo/sleeping pill addiction.Gonna be hell on earth. Wish me luck.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    I'm so glad you saw it. Google all the awards it won.
    I can imagine it winning awards. Ang Lee does some astonishing work

It's refreshing to see a man that actually LIKED BBM! My fiance' can't sit through it, the man on man makes him too uncomfortable, I keep saying it's a great story you gotta watch it but he wont.

On another note, I'm off to a rehab tomorrow to deal with my valium/other benzo/sleeping pill addiction.Gonna be hell on earth. Wish me luck.
    Well one of my good friends told me last year that he watched it with his wife and really liked it. Everytime I talked to him they were watching it. It was funny. So I thought what the heck. There still is a stigma about it with straight guys or gals for that matter.

The story line was just amazing. I didnt understand the ending when Heath was in that trailer and said "I swear jack". What was that about? I was confused. I probably wont be seeing it again because once I know what is gonna happen Its boring to sit through it again.

You really goin into rehab? If you are good for you. Its one of the toughest things to do in your life. I wish you all the best in your recovery!! Good luck!

Guest Guest
    I'm not quite sure what he means in the trailer when he says 'jack...I swear' probably means 'I'll never forget you'. I've seen it so many times and still can't figure it out lol

Yeah I'm really going, I'm nervous as hell tho

Chevyheaven Guest
    Having been through something similar I can tell you its not easy. It gets better in time, once you get through detox the rest will be a piece of cake.

Keep the faith! Hope you have a solid support group because in the end that is what will get you through it.

I'm not quite sure what he means in the trailer when he says 'jack...I swear' probably means 'I'll never forget you'. I've seen it so many times and still can't figure it out lol

Yeah I'm really going, I'm nervous as hell tho
    Good for you, CMS! We'll all be here rooting you on, although you probably won't see it until you get back - But we'll be here!

BTW, Brokeback, to me, was boring as all get out. The sheep were cute and the guys were good-looking, but it was way too slow moving for me.

Guest Guest
    Thanks guys, for some comforting words. I know there is a life after benzos and I can't wait to get to it and be the real 'me' again!

Oh pish posh, BBM was a great movie lol

Tebssis Guest

Hope you get to see this before you go, GOOD LUCK CMS!!! I know you can do it! We're here for you if you need us. I'm proud of you for taking the first step back to your old self again.

Sam Guest

Heath Ledger "Brokeback Mountain Stories"

I just noticed I couldn't find a thread on this fine young actor.
    He made a real difference to me in "Brokeback Mountain". So much so that I can't watch the movie now and may not be able to ever watch it again.
    Last edited by Sam; 05-10-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Ummmm. I think you didnt look hard enough. That was one of the longest most boring threads ever on this forum. "OMG, I can't believe he died!"
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

30. 05-10-2008, 12:18 PM

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

What the hell does this thread have to do with Heath Ledger?

Sam Guest
    Sorry...

Its ok. Ill merge this with the Heath thread

Sam Guest
    Thanks!

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Its ok. Ill merge this with the Heath thread
    Hallelujiah Jefe.....enough of Heath already !!

Sam Guest
    I'm new here so I apologize for my error.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Welcome Sam, don't worry about it - happens to a lot of us at some time or another. Just enjoy the board, and the terrific people here !

RaRaRamona Guest
    He made a real difference to me in "Brokeback Mountain". So much so that I can't watch the movie now and may not be able to ever watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Hallelujiah Jefe.....enough of Heath already !!

Chevyheaven Guest
    What difference did he make to you with this movie? I was waiting to ask this to you because I thought it was going to be merged but I guess its not so I will ask you here

Everyone does that mistake when they first come here. No big deal. I hope you continue to post here my friend.

Sam Guest
    What difference did he make to you with this movie? I was waiting to ask this to you because I thought it was going to be merged but I guess its not so I will ask you here
    It was a long story about a married man I knew for 20 years, then he committed suicide.
    The movie really made me think of him and the way Ennis found out Jack was dead.
    I think a lot of us have experienced something like that in our lives.

It was a long story about a married man I knew for 20 years, then he committed suicide.
    The movie really made me think of him and the way Ennis found out Jack was dead.
    I think a lot of us have experienced something like that in our lives.
    I really love that movie. I've seen it about 5 times now, and every time I see it, I notice more things I hadn't noticed before.

It follows the story to the letter. I've also got the screenplay book too.

Heath sounds just like Ennis in Monster's Ball too. Sort of eerie in a way.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I love it too, it's a beautiful film in so many ways.
    AND it's probably the best, most mature thing Ledger ever did, acting-wise. I never thought he had much talent prior to "Brokeback," actually...

45. 05-12-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Welcome Sam, don't worry about it - happens to a lot of us at some time or another. Just enjoy the board, and the terrific people here !
    Even JefeStone is guilty.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Another Heath thread, huh?

Does Mary-Kate know anything about this?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    Another Heath thread, huh?

Does Mary-Kate know anything about this?
    LOL

RaRaRamona Guest
    ::sigh:: and again we are one.

My world is complete when the Heath thread is on the first page.

CMS - you changed your avatar. Love it!

Sam - Welcome to the board! You post on here whenever you like, provided you have Mary Kaye's permission. RaRa won't bother you unless you have a Ped Egg. She's allergic to the shavings you know.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post

CMS - you changed your avatar. Love it!
    Thanx it's from this series of shots, I love how he dressed

Now see, I don't care for his choice of clothes. To me, he was much too good looking to wear some of the stuff he did. IMO, he sorta looked like a homeless person in most of the pics I've seen him in before he died. But then again, most everyone (celebrity-wise) looks like that now. So that may just be the "in" thing. I do love the tight jeans though...