Thread: Arthur & Marie Noe and their ten children

malaki Guest

Arthur & Marie Noe and their ten children

Does anyone remember these 2??? she was suspected then charged w/killing 8 of the 10 children she bore. I've seen this story before, however I was watching a documentary on MSNBC last night about the Noe's, very interesting to say the least..Have anything to add???

Marie Noe and her 10 Children

Saw this on TV last night, basically this woman (Marie Noe) killed 8 of her 10 children by smothering them. From what I gathered she would have one baby, kill it... have another, kill it, etc... until she couldn't have kids anymore (none of the 10 children reached the age of two and 2 of them died of natural causes). She finally fessed up to the crimes 30 years later and since she was so old at that point they put her on house arrest/probation and studied her to see what made her do what she did.

Anyway, to read more about it GO HERE.

but wait, there's more!!!!
    Last edited by Jason; 01-18-2008 at 07:42 AM.

That's just beyond sad. This is a woman who should have been at least on birth control, if not had herself sterilized, because she clearly did not want these children. Hopefully, with what little we now no about SIDS and with newer forensics, a case like this won't happen again soon.

There have been a couple of similar cases more recently, though. I remember some woman on an Oprah show tearfully defending herself and saying her several kids died of "crib death", but it later turned out she killed them. I think this was in the 80's and 90's though.

malaki Guest
    Hey, I posted about this earlier this morning!!!!

Ha... REALLY? I did a search for it and didn't find it. MOD's, we got work for you!!!

Amaran, she actually had a hysterectomy which is why she no longer had children... I have a feeling she would have kept pumping them out and killing them had she not had this done. She had personality disorders and compulsion disorders and CRAZY ASS BITCH disorders.

Was this case on autospy? I remember seeing it about a woman that even one of her adopted kids died at age 2???

None of her kids were adopted... it was on MSNBC last night.

ohhhhhhh similar case then...i'll try & find the one im thinking of!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marybeth_Tinning
    it was Marybeth Tinning i was thinking of as she had Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy to 8 of her kids. http://www.serialkillerdatabase.net/...thtinning.html

Malaki, I asked for our two threads to be merged... sorry for overlooking this thread, I honestly searched prior to creating it.

there ya go... create a thread about her!!!

malaki Guest
    Since it's you Jason I can let it slide!!!!....I know what your were watching last night!!! hahahaha

consider it done! Many thanks for the suggestion!

Hahaha... yeah figures right? actually my girlfriend was watching it (DHIT - Death Hag In Training) and I showed up at the tail end of it.

Ilmatar Guest
    I remember reading about similar cases in Germany/Austria in recent years. Infants found stuffed in freezers or buried in the backyard, one after another. And no one had any idea they were even born.

Sick.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    Saw this on TV last night, basically this woman (Marie Noe) killed 8 of her 10 children by smothering them. From what I gathered she would have one baby, kill it... have another, kill it, etc... until she couldn't have kids anymore (none of the 10 children reached the age of two and 2 of them died of natural causes). She finally fessed up to the crimes 30 years later and since she was so old at that point they put her on house arrest/probation and studied her to see what made her do what she did.

Jason - Thanks for sharing. This case has always been interesting to me. Obviously, the Physicians involved in this case would no longer be with us., but did the show state whether anyone had even suspected infanticide during the time frame this occurred ?
    SIDS wasn't known at that time, yet one can't help but wonder that someone, somewhere along the line had to have suspected things were very amiss ??

ajurk Guest
    just recently there was a woman from ocean city, md that could have possibly killed her children. someone called the police on her when she gave birth and found the baby in the toilet. they also found (i think) three other dead babies on her property. from what i remember, there was no way of telling how the babies died and she is not in jail. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...,3272187.story

There's an error in the CNN article linked here... "The Death of Innocents" (by Richard Forstman and Jamie Talan) was NOT about Marie Noe, but mainly about (the now-deceased) Wanda Hoyt, who was convicted of murdering one of a rather more modest number of smothered babies--- five--- and actually raised one adopted son to adulthood before her arrest. Her case was interesting partly because she had been pseudonymously mentioned in a LIFE article as mother of a notorious series of SIDS deaths, diagnosed by a very prominent doctor who was promoting his clinic and various monitors and alarms to SIDS parents who hoped to prevent the tragedy with subsequent children. Hoyt's case came under real suspicion when it was claimed that her 2-year-old boy died of SIDS---a statistical rarity beyond the first year! She later implied that the precocious little boy may have witnessed the smothering of a previous infant.

Wanda Hoyt had long displayed some kind of personality disorder where she craved extreme attention (and as part of that, a lot of sex), which seemed aggravated by pregnancy and the annoyances of infant care. (Her success in raising the adopted boy was owed to her never having actually given birth to him, and extra scrutiny by social workers--- her devoted husband gave the impression of willfull cluelessness.) All in all, the Hoyt case dealt a black eye to the cause of genuine grief-stricken SIDS parents, as well as sinking the product promotions of the doctor who had inadvertantly enabled Wanda (in spite of the suspicions of his own nurses.)

Marie Noe had some mental issues from an early age as well--- I recall reading that she had been seriously ill as a young girl, which affected her brain and made her seem emotionally blank. However, she was a pretty young woman and found it easy to get a husband, as was expected back then. Also expected, especially for Catholics, was that she would get pregnant early and often. Ironically, around the mid-point in her serial smothering spree (baby #5), she went to her parish priest and asked him if it would be permissible to get her tubes tied, as all her pregnancies were producing babies who seemed to have this weakness that caused their deaths (!) The priest made it clear that Church doctrine would not make this exception--- God's will and all that, you know. So Marie obedienty went home and started baby/victim #6 (with her own willfully-clueless, horny hubby), and several more to boot.

(Something about this religious line of reasoning reminds one of the atrocities committed by Andrea Yates, does it not?)

"The Death of Innocents" delved into one case in the early chapters, which connected an expert to the later Hoyt case--- a FATHER who serially murdered several of his own little ones. He was a failure at basically everything, but was able to take out increasingly large insurance policies (insurance being, as we know, the root of all evil) on each infant. Moreover, he got them to pay out, until the last death started raising flags. He, too, was married to a naive, religious woman, though his in-laws weren't quite as blind as time went on. The clueless wife DID manage to halt the killings, though, before the husband was arrested and convicted for the prior deaths. Though naive, she WAS superstitious--- after the last two babies were born, she came to believe that buying insurance was just bad luck for her family, and convinced the greedy father not to set up any new policies !
    I do recommend "The death of Innocents" by Firstman and Talan, not to be confused with other true crime books with very similar titles. The way the doctor, an educated man, played into the hands of the rural high-school dropout Wanda Hoyt, while trying to push a disputed theory (the heritability of SIDS) and probably useless, expensive equipment on desperate parents, as well as the questionable measures law enforcement took to catch and punish Hoyt, make for a good, if disturbing, read.
    Last edited by Linnie; 01-18-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post

How can someone kill 10 babies and no one caught on to it in all those years??? To me that is totally nuts!

Lisamarie Guest
    I saw the Autopsy show and did anyone else think tha she would have caught on by baby number two she shouldent be sleeping in bed with them???

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    Was this case on autospy? I remember seeing it about a woman that even one of her adopted kids died at age 2???
    There was a woman in MN who adopted 2 kids and the youngest one was a lil devil, normal 2 yr old and the oldest apparently learned at an early age to do as th bitch said. 30 Yrs later I think or maybe 20 his biological mother went looking for him and foundthat he had died .Thenshe found out he died from a fall down the stairs and then saw the autopsy photos. This kid was beaten to death. Kicked his spleen and split is and was 99 .9 percent covered with bruises. The adoptive father knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it the wuss. Her oldest boy joined the local PD and he remembered that night. It came back to him and he testified to her brutality. SHe went o trial and was found guilty. She was at least 60 or 70 yrs old then. But she went to prison. They also made a moovie about it with Beveryl de angelo as thebirth mother, It was a good movie.
    The damn doctors knew what was going on and they did nothing either.

KristinEileen Guest
    This case was in Philly if I'm not mistaken and may have been one of my first forays(sp?) into death haggery...I still can't figure out how no one caught on to her and her crap and why her hubby didn't stop her...

Wow didn't know about this. Off to read more and see if I can't find a book written about her.

When I saw this thread back up on Page One, I kind of hoped it was because old Marie finally kicked it--- hopefully suffering and terrified. I mean, she's been "dying" for several years already. (Her husband's been gone about 5 years.)

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pe...now_alone.html

I guess true evil never dies, or at any rate, it LONG outlives its welcome (MN will be 86 this year.)

And the beat goes on... In Utah, where contraception is frowned upon in certain quarters, one busy mother was secretly practicing her own sinister form of "birth control"-- all, allegedly, without ANY suspicion on the parts of her (now estranged, ex-con) husband and the 3 daughters she graciously permitted to live:

http://myfox8.com/2014/04/13/seven-d...oman-arrested/
    Last edited by Linnie; 04-22-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    When I saw this thread back up on Page One, I kind of hoped it was because old Marie finally kicked it--- hopefully suffering and terrified. I mean, she's been "dying" for several years already. (Her husband's been gone about 5 years.)

I guess true evil never dies, or at any rate, it LONG outlives its welcome (MN will be 86 this year.)
    I thought exactly the same thing! I saw this thread bumped up and thought for sure old Marie was hell bound. Dammit!

I read a book years ago about this or another case like it. Husband didn't know what was going on. Doctors and cops apparently couldn't add 1+1.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    I found an article from 2010 about her. She may still be breathing, but she sure doesn't have much of a life nor should she. Other than a neighbor and home health nurses, she is completely alone. She murdered all of her children and her husband is dead. She's in a hell of her own making and I don't feel a bit sorry for her.