Thread: Final Destination 3

Cathy J. Guest

Final Destination 3

I rented the DVD of this last night.

That scene where the two girls were burned to death in a tanning booth, did this really happened in real life? Is such a death even possible?

Also that roller coaster accident. I heard that too was based on a real life incident. If true I wonder where and when? Now I know it seems there have been quite a few roller coaster and other amusement ride accidents over the years but I don't recall hearing about one like what took place in FD3.

GODDESS6 Guest
    i love those movies, don't know if they are based on anything true tho~ i just know that i tan & my son freaked after seeing this movie thinking that was gonna happen too me~

mommafreak Guest
    I know I read somewhere recently, might be on FAD website the roller coaster thing. Might have been at Magic Mountain, showed the filming scene and the real coaster. Have to do some digging.

mommafreak Guest
    The tanning beds are evil. My daughter got pretty burned from new bulbs. They are just evil. Like a true electric blanket........ UGH

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mommafreak View Post
    I know I read somewhere recently, might be on FAD website the roller coaster thing. Might have been at Magic Mountain, showed the filming scene and the real coaster. Have to do some digging.
    The roller coaster used in FD3 was in Vancouver BC. However it looks like its a lot smaller than what is in the movie.

Back in 1986 a man did get his head cut off at an amusement park in Roanoke, VA. From what I remember he was working on the track and a car came down the big hill and....slice !!!

The park closed as a result. Today a Kroger sits at the site of that infamous roller coaster.

Guest Guest
    Actually there is an article on snopes about an urban legend going around saying a woman got cooked from the inside out in a tanning bed. It's false, the only way to to get burned in a tanning bed is if was faulty and bad wiring and it literlly caught fire.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/vanities/tanningbed.asp

I just don't understand why anyone would get in a tanning bed. It reminds me of a heated coffin.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I can't watch the scene in the tanning bed, it's just too much. Gross.

lil_zino Guest
    For someone as pale as I, the tanning bed scene just reaffirmed my decision to never try it.

I was real excited to see this movie cause I like roller coasters and all that stuff. Thankfully I saw this after I had a jealous co-worker tell me she hoped I got into an accident on a roller coaster at Cedar Point when I went. She was jealous because she couldn't afford a vacation. So, if I would've seen this movie around that time, I would've been a bit paranoid.

Fly Guest
    I was right next to Cedar Point yesterday.
    That tanning bed myth about getting your insides cooked NEVER happened, like you said, big hoax. I am afraid I haven't seen the FD3 so I can't comment on the scene.

Guest Guest
    I think the 2nd one was better.... I'm totally afraid to die on the freeway

Ms. Black Guest
    I had no problem watching the movie... then again, I am in the targeted audience.

All the deaths are based on urban legends. Most of them are just that. Legends.

QueenB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_zino View Post
    For someone as pale as I, the tanning bed scene just reaffirmed my decision to never try it.

I was real excited to see this movie cause I like roller coasters and all that stuff. Thankfully I saw this after I had a jealous co-worker tell me she hoped I got into an accident on a roller coaster at Cedar Point when I went. She was jealous because she couldn't afford a vacation. So, if I would've seen this movie around that time, I would've been a bit paranoid.
    God what a horrible co-worker! I cant imagine EVER telling anyone I hope they got into a horrible accident. Maybe I am a spooky witch but I would think that if I told someone that I would create bad karma for myself...

QueenB Guest
    Hurrah theres going to be a Final Destination 4 !!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1144884/

FD3 and Brokeback Mountain both came out at the same time. I remember reading about some woman who refused to allow her three small kids to see BM because the film went against her faith so she took her kids to see Final Destination 3 instead. Of course both films were rated R...must have been the medication

hoxharding Guest
    Ack-I can't think of the film-but it was another one with a tanning bed accident/death.
    It has a mother who really likes her valium and the kid leaves to go some place and the mother falls asleep in the tanning bed. I think it was a dark comedy.

I don't have a reference, but I remember several years ago I heard on the national news a young girl decided to go to several tanning booths and tan all at once for her prom. The tanning booth salons would only let her tan a few minutes, because she hadn't tanned before so she took it upon herself to get extra crispy on her own and it supposedly killed her. I have no idea what the actual cause of death was?

FD3 is my favorite FD movie though.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/vanities/tanningbed.asp

The tanning to extra-crispy death is not true.

I have heard about the Roller Coaster accidents.

I used to be a very faithful tanning bed user until I developes cataracts and had to have lens implant surgery and wore the tanning goggles faithfully.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

viridescence Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eca1094 View Post
    I just don't understand why anyone would get in a tanning bed. It reminds me of a heated coffin.
    Exactly. I have known people who have gotten melanomas and carcinomas removed (one of them a senior in high school who tanned year-round) and yet they continue to cook themselves. My aunt having carcinomas removed was not enough to convince my mother to stop hitting the tanning bed. Her neck and chest especially look like old leather. Not pretty. I know there was a time when tanning was associated with both health & wealth (you can afford a vacation to a beach so you must be doing well!), but no more. There are great self-tanners on the market these days, so when I wear shorts I use those...since my legs are at least five shades lighter than my arms.

Just my two cents, as always...

After what i have been through I will never go near a tanning bed again.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I don't know about any tannind bed deaths, but my one cousin used to wipe herself down with Crisco and sit on the roof to get a tan.

We used to do that too....we did butter and iodine...anything we heard that would get us darkly tanned! What idiots.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

dovescry1999 Guest
    My fav part was the drive thru, and the weight room...

That was some gross shit
    I had to watch it in slow motion, after my sister told me the part was over, and cued it up for me.

Special effects are too much these days...

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    We used to do that too....we did butter and iodine...anything we heard that would get us darkly tanned! What idiots.
    ours was olive oil. Someone told us that he'd tanned that way, he was Algerian. So of course, figuring he knew about these things, having grown up in that region etc., we tried and kept having visions of us burning to a crisp right then and there.

hoxharding Guest
    Did anyone use the 'chose your destiny' thing on the FD3 dvd? What a crock-I tried and tried to save those two girls from dying. In fact, I tried to save all of them.
    The first time I used it, that was such a short film. They all survived the roller coaster. They walked off and it said what everyone became when they grew up. After that the credits ran-the End!

malaki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    I think the 2nd one was better.... I'm totally afraid to die on the freeway

I agree, I like the 2nd one a lot!!!! I love the highway scene, it's so real..

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Remember that tanning cream "QT" ? "...tan anytime, rain or shine...with QT !!".

Smear that stuff all over you before bedtime and when you wake up...presto..TAN !!

However it didn't quite work that way, unless one wanted to look like a Sunkist Orange.

I guess they still make this stuff !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    Remember that tanning cream "QT" ? "...tan anytime, rain or shine...with QT !!".

Smear that stuff all over you before bedtime and when you wake up...presto..TAN !!

However it didn't quite work that way, unless one wanted to look like a Sunkist Orange.

I guess they still make this stuff !!!
    And orange hands!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

mrsunshine Guest

Better than "Saved by the Bell"

32. 08-20-2011, 05:52 PM

The Lucky One Guest
    I still think Final Destination 2 is my fav! Although I do like the guy who got sucked to the bottom of the pool in The Final Destination! Woof

Final Destination 5 was released here just the other day.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny