Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder of Meredith Kercher/ Amanda Knox

Rosa Moline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    I hate to even say this but I don't think it was just because she was female. Something tells me it has to do with her being American too. I could be wrong though.

Does anyone know if Italian court is the same as here? Where the jury needs to believe without a doubt that she is guilty? To me it seemed that there wasn't enough evidence to say it was beyond a reasonable doubt. But I don't know the rules of Italian court.

I sure hope they do a document release (like Florida does). It would be nice to know all the facts instead of having to rely on the news media.

That knife should not even been allowed into evidence unless it matched identically to the size of the imprint on the sheet and cuts on Meredith. It says a lot about how their police work. The knife could have been newer then the others in the drawer and that is why it looked cleaner as well. And because the apartment smelled of bleach... so what? I know a few guys that are clean freaks so to me that doesn't point to guilt or wrong doing either. Everyone has their own way of cleaning and what they use to do it.

Sam, I like the "get out of jail free card" idea... that made me laugh.

I can't vouch for the Italian papers, but as for the British ones..they were appalling, so I don't really believe it's an "anti-American" thing. All that Foxy Knoxy crap!

There's one or two issues surrounding this trial that have me confused: a) they should never have been tried in Perugia, where the crime was committed, seems obvious to me that they would never get a fair trial and b) why did Rudy opt for a fast track trial? (presumably to get a reduced sentence) he got 30 years, 4 years more than Amanda, and she's alleged by the prosecution to have been the ringleader and cut Meredith's throat!

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    Re the knife, the defense claimed that the knife did not match 2 of the 3 wounds on Merediths neck. They fail to mention the third. If 3 people were involved in her murder, is it beyone the realms of possibility that there is more than 1 knife involved??? Dunno, just a thought, and like I say I could be wrong.
    Thats a good question, I never thought of that..

Nali Guest

Exclamation Amanda Knox: Guilty

Verdict: Guilty

Amanda Knox arrives to hear the verdict.

By Kristal Hawkins

Shortly after midnight on Saturday, December 5, 2009 an Italian jury agreed that American exchange student Amanda Knox and her Italian boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, were guilty of the 2007 murder of her British roommate, Meredith Kercher.

When the verdict was announced, Knox hid her face in her hands and wept. Her younger sister cried and screeched. Their mother and Knox's defense team tried to console them.

Italians outside the Perugia courtroom cheered the decision. British tabloids ran stories cheering the retribution at last visited upon "Foxy Knoxy", whom they had long cast as the predatory coed who ensnared her roommate in a fatal group sex game with Sollecito and the other man already convicted of the killing, Rudy Guede.

But Knox's supporters maintained her innocence and continued to rally their supporters in the stateside media. Her grandparents and friends watched the verdict from her aunt and uncle's house in Seattle surrounded by reporters they'd invited. With an organization called Friends of Amanda, her family maintained that the University of Washington student was a victim of European anti-American bias inflamed by opposition to the Bush Administration's war on terror.

Knox supporters condemned the trial as a witch hunt, alleging that a corrupt Italian legal process needed a scapegoat and that unethical journalists had manufactured a scandalous aura about a free-spirited, sexually liberated young woman. Some of the Seattle native's defenders, including U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell, even begged U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to get involved.

Knox family from right: father Kurt Knox,
    mother Edda Mellas, sister Deanna Knox
    and step sisters.

The decision was a disappointing blow to Knox's loved ones. Hoping for the best, her parents had already bought her plane ticket home. Now they vowed to appeal the verdict.
    But they had problems of their own.

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Moline View Post
    I can't vouch for the Italian papers, but as for the British ones..they were appalling, so I don't really believe it's an "anti-American" thing. All that Foxy Knoxy crap!

There's one or two issues surrounding this trial that have me confused: a) they should never have been tried in Perugia, where the crime was committed, seems obvious to me that they would never get a fair trial and b) why did Rudy opt for a fast track trial? (presumably to get a reduced sentence) he got 30 years, 4 years more than Amanda, and she's alleged by the prosecution to have been the ringleader and cut Meredith's throat!
    Not sure that the location of the trial would have made that much of a difference. Look at big murder cases over here. The killers of Jamie Bulger were tried in Preston...only about three quarters of an hour up the road from Liverpool (a friend of me mam's was on the jury for that one...he aged 20 years during the course of it with the things he saw!)

I know that one's inner niggles shouldn't be the basis for these decisions, but I just can't get over how many different stories they told from the start. I honestly, truly think that they were involved in some way. I just can't shake that feeling.

Interesting, the papers are changing their stance...all the reasons listed are why I've had doubt about this case all along. Ironic after two years of character assassinating Amanda. Because she's female they really had it in for her from day one (never understand why that is) and Rudy & Raf got off lightly, IMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rs-murder.html

Sorry, but personally I tend to take the Daily Fail with an entire salt mine, let alone a pinch.

orionova Guest
    This reminds me of the British nanny who was convicted of killing the little boy she was supposed to be taking care of back in the mid-1990s. The American press treated her as if she were guilty, and the British press portrayed her as innocent. It's a kind of 'circling the wagons' mentality. 'She's one of us, so we must protect her'. 'She killed one of ours, we must be valiant in our crusade against her'.

Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    This reminds me of the British nanny who was convicted of killing the little boy she was supposed to be taking care of back in the mid-1990s. The American press treated her as if she were guilty, and the British press portrayed her as innocent. It's a kind of 'circling the wagons' mentality. 'She's one of us, so we must protect her'. 'She killed one of ours, we must be valiant in our crusade against her'.
    Could not of put it better myself .... I really hate the 'anti' label though and am not surprised it has been mentioned . Do people really care where someone is from ? I certainly don't , but if you choose to live/work in another Country you have to respect its Laws and culture - I am sure you all expect it from people visiting your own country (though sadly a small minority does not show any respect) . Someone had their throat slashed and a conviction has been established . Until the appeals start all we can do is carry on speculating .
    Last edited by p00key; 12-14-2009 at 07:46 AM.
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

Rudy Guede has had his sentence cut to 16 years

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/8427250.stm

justinnah Guest
    I'd love to read her blog entries, anyone have seen them?

justinnah Guest
    omg I think I've found them... including this story "Baby Brother"... it is SICK!

http://perugiamurderfile.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39

mel306 Guest
    Look what our paper just posted.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/interna...YAXKhz40o5bX9I

In a potentially stunning turn of events in the case of American student Amanda Knox, convicted of murdering her roommate in Perugia, Italy, a man also convicted of the crime is claimed to have said Knox was not there at the time of the grisly death, Italian newspapers reported today.
    Knox, a 22-year-old student from Seattle, and her ex-boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, 25, were convicted in December of sexually assaulting and murdering Leeds University student Meredith Kercher in November 2007. Her semi-naked body was found in her bedroom at the house she shared with Knox, her throat slit.

Italian newspapers now report that a third man convicted in the death, Rudy Guede, told his cellmate in an Italian prison that Knox and Sollecito were not in the Perugia home when Kercher was killed.
    Instead, the cellmate reportedly said that Guede told him there was another man with him at Kercher’s home that night and that man killed Kercher while Guede was out of the room.
    The cellmate was identified as Mario Alessi, a convicted murderer, and the reports said he had made a formal videotaped statement submitted to the Perugia prosecutor’s office.
    But Guede's lawyers reportedly claim their client never talked to Alessi about the case and a lawyer for the Kercher family, Enzo Maresca, dismissed the cellmate's statement as "groundless," Seattle station KOMO reported.
    At his own trial, Guede testified that Knox and Sollecito participated in the murder.
    Knox is currently serving a 26-year prison sentence and Sollecito a 25-year one. Both are appealing their convictions.
    Guede had his original 30-year sentence reduced to 16 years on appeal.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    Maybe it's already been mentioned on this thread but didn't they find her dna or foot/finger prints in the girls blood in the bathroom? I did see a show that made me think twice about her guilt, but it's hard to explain how that would have gotten there. I was actually living overseas and went to Italy while this trial was going on and I can say the international media tended to believe she was guilty while the American media now that I am back home tends to lean towards her being railroaded. I honestly don't care where she is from, if she is guilty, American or not, I say she pays for it, but it just seems you can't get straight answers on this case in terms of the physical evidence...Was there conclusive physical evidence or not?!

Another thought here, I definitely think she's a tad bit off at the very least, I mean who cares how many men are writing and in love with you when you standing trial for someone's murder? Mmmm K. Anyway, where I think the case is lacking is in motive, I don't buy the motive given, is there any proof Guede knew the other two defendants? What did they just randomly come up to some guy who had friends nearby and be like "HEY! Wanna rape and murder my roommate?!" I think if she was involved, then there was some other reason behind it...Then again stranger things have happened, but I just think there must have been jealousy or some other motive than some sort of sexual frenzy...At the same time, her death does seem to be sexually motivated and this would make sense if Guede alone was involved...IDK, it's hard to say...
    I also do think though that the prosecutor is also a bit nuts...Didn't he try to accuse some American true crime writer of a similar crime with a similar motive when the guy was just writing a book, I think it was "Monster of Florence" or something?!
    I don't know, whole thing is so strange...I do know one thing though the victim is often forgot in all this "Foxy Knoxy" nonsense and that is another tragedy!!!! Can't imagine what this poor girl went through. Whoever did it deserves to stay in jail indefinitely.

Motive is what always didn't sit well with me. They claim she terrorized her with a knife and stabbed her because she wouldn't play sex games with them? That seems a little far off to me. While I do believe she was involved with Meredith's murder I don't think she did it because of a sex game. Jealously? Good chance. But I think she's nuttier than an Almond Joy so maybe there was no reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

'Foxy Knoxy is innocent, my brother killed Meredith': Mafia supergrass comes forward as sensational new witness

By Nick Pisa

Last updated at 1:47 PM on 9th June 20, 2010

A Mafia supergrass has claimed his brother is the real killer of student Meredith Kercher and that Amanda Knox is innocent.
    Luciano Aviello, 41, has made a full statement to Knox's legal team and it will be used as part of their appeal against her conviction later this year.
    In his statement Aviello, who is a convicted mobster serving 17 years for Mafia association, said the murderer was his brother Antonio and he himself had hidden the murder weapon and keys to the house where Miss Kercher was killed.

The 21-year-old was found semi-naked with her throat cut in the bedroom of the house she shared with Knox, 22, in the Italian hilltop town of Perugia in 2007.
    Last year Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, 25, were convicted of the brutal sex murder and sentenced to 26 and 25 years respectively.
    But the case has taken a bizarre twist with the sensational new evidence from Aviello who even wrote to the court three times during last year's trial but was never questioned.
    Knox's lawyers Carlo Dalla Vedova and Luciano Ghirga visited Aviello in Ivrea prison near Turin last month and videotaped his statement and included it in their appeal request.
    In his statement he insisted that Knox, Sollecito and a third man, Ivory Coast drifter Rudy Guede, who was also convicted of the murder, were all innocent.

Aviello said: 'The real killer is my brother Antonio. The others are innocent.

'I know because my brother confessed to me that he had killed Meredith and he asked me to hide a blood stained knife and set of keys.
    'I had everything under a little wall behind my house and covered it with soil and stones. I am happy to stand up in court and confirm all this and wrote to the court several times to tell them but was never questioned.'
    Aviello, who is from Naples, the heartland of the local Mafia known as the Camorra, said: 'At the time I was living in Perugia and my brother was staying with me.
    'When he came to my house he had a bloodstained jacket on and was carrying a flick knife. He said he had broken into a house and killed a girl and then he had run away.'
    Today Mr Dalla Vedova said: 'What Aviello has to say is very important and his statement is part of our appeal. We are asking that he be called and give evidence.
    'What he has to say is very significant because the keys to the house were never found and this aspect should at least be investigated and verified.'

Mr Dalla Vedova added: 'Amanda is not doing very well at all. Her soul is troubled and she is very worried that will be spending a long time in prison for something that she did not do.'
    No date has been set yet for the appeal but it is expected to be heard in the autumn.

Miss Kercher, from Coulsdon, Surrey, was in Perugia as part of her university degree and had only been in Italy for two months before she was murdered.
    Antonio Aviello could not be reached for comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0qMof1UqE

Interesting. Wonder if it is bs. I think Amanda Knox's behavior thru the whole thing has been quite strange but I'm not sure of her being guilty 100%. But I have been wrong before.

This is another one I'm quite iffy on. Then again, I haven't kept up with it as I would have one of my pet cases. Who is Antonio Aviello in relation to the victim? Was he one of the boys? Or is this now supposed to be a random break in and she was just in the way?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

RLR12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
    'Foxy Knoxy is innocent, my brother killed Meredith': Mafia supergrass comes forward as sensational new witness

A Mafia supergrass has claimed his brother is the real killer of student Meredith Kercher and that Amanda Knox is innocent.
    gapeach, what is a mafia supergrass??

The Aviello brothers have no relation to the victim from what I have read. The one who is doing the accusing of his brother is currently in prison due to his mafia ties.

Supergrass, I am assuming, is another term for mobster.

I don't know if I believe any of this but who knows, if this guy has his brother's bloody jacket and the missing keys to the house, it will make things interesting.

Severely Snapped Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RLR12 View Post
    gapeach, what is a mafia supergrass??
    I'm not gapeach, but...

"Supergrass is a slang term for an informer, which originated in London. Informers had been referred to as "grasses" since the late-1930s, and the "super" prefix was coined by journalists in the early 1970s to describe those informers from the city's underworld who testified against former associates in a series of high-profile mass trials at the time."

At least, that's according to Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supergrass_(informer)

RLR12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Severely Snapped View Post
    I'm not gapeach, but...

"Supergrass is a slang term for an informer, which originated in London. Informers had been referred to as "grasses" since the late-1930s, and the "super" prefix was coined by journalists in the early 1970s to describe those informers from the city's underworld who testified against former associates in a series of high-profile mass trials at the time."

At least, that's according to Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supergrass_(informer)
    Interesting...... Thank you SS!

RLR12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
    The Aviello brothers have no relation to the victim from what I have read. The one who is doing the accusing of his brother is currently in prison due to his mafia ties.

Supergrass, I am assuming, is another term for mobster.

I don't know if I believe any of this but who knows, if this guy has his brother's bloody jacket and the missing keys to the house, it will make things interesting.
    If some mafia dude in prison did come forward with this info...........where was he in the months leading up to the trials and during the trials? Why is he coming forward now? Maybe I am reaching here but, I wonder...... is it possible that Amanda's family paid this guy to say this? Her family has $$, right? Maybe they decided to take their chances with the trial and when that didn't turn out the way they wanted they were willing to take more drastic measures. I remember her father saying after the trial that there was no way she was going to spend the next 25 years in an Italian prison. I don't know, maybe I'm getting a little carried away, but I do wonder.......

Sounds to me like the missing keys are going to be the deciding factor here.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

From what I read he sent several letters during the trial and they were not investigated because the police thought they already solved the case. He says he buried the murder weapon and can get it to prove her innocence.

Knox has another chance as appeals opens in Italy

Published November 23, 2010
    | Associated Press

AP

PERUGIA, Italy – After three years in prison, Amanda Knox is returning to court for a second chance at freedom.
    The American student's appeals trial opens Wednesday in this Medieval city, with lawyers hoping they can use new evidence to clear her in the killing of her British roommate.
    There's a risk: If her conviction is upheld, she could face an even harsher sentence.
    Lawyers for the 23-year-old Knox are seeking a full review of the case, and will try to introduce new witnesses. In December, Knox was convicted of sexually assaulting and murdering Meredith Kercher, and sentenced to 26 years in prison. She has always maintained her innocence.
    The case captured the world's imagination and turned the photogenic Knox into a media sensation. She has been the subject of countless articles, several books and even a movie in which her character is played by TV star Hayden Panettiere.

It has also proved very divisive, with the U.S. media often depicting Knox as an innocent woman caught in a judicial inferno, while Italian and British newspapers have cast her as a sex-crazed liar.
    The new trial, to be held in the same frescoed courtroom as the first one, will bring Knox back in the spotlight. Also on trial is Raffaele Sollecito, an Italian who was Knox's boyfriend at the time of the murder and has been convicted of the same charges and sentenced to 25 years in prison.
    In the first trial, Knox mostly appeared confident and collected. She would nod and smile to the court upon entering the room and talk to her lawyers during breaks. On a Valentine's Day hearing, she sported a bright T-shirt with "All You Need Is Love" scrawled in large pink letters.
    Now, her lawyers describe her as worn out.
    "The long pre-emptive custody has broken down the young woman," Knox's lawyers said in a motion filed earlier this month as part of their appeal. Attorney Luciano Ghirga described Knox as "worried, tense" ahead of the appeal, and "exhausted by three years in prison."
    Press reports have described Knox as being involved in prison activities, such as staging plays. An Italian lawmaker who has often visited her, Rocco Girlanda, has said she largely spends time reading books, studying languages and writing poems and fiction. In an interview with The Associated Press last month, Girlanda said Knox had appeared to have matured as a result of her "difficult life" in prison.
    Knox has been behind bars in Perugia since Nov. 6, 2007, four days after Kercher's body was found in a pool of blood, her throat slit, in the apartment Knox and Kercher shared as exchange students in Perugia. Forensic experts said Kercher was killed on the night on Nov. 1.
    Prosecutors, who had sought a life sentence in the first trial, have also appealed the ruling, as they can in Italy.
    "There is an appeal both from the defendants and the prosecutor, so it is a situation where potentially there could be also an increase of penalty," said Chiara Magrini, a legal expert and professor at John Cabot University. "This is a situation where everything could happen."
    The opening hearing Wednesday is expected to be quick and devoted to procedural matters, lawyers said. Both defendants are expected to attend. The case is then to be adjourned, likely to Dec. 11.
    The defense lawyers for Knox and Sollecito are seeking a full review of the forensic evidence, including disputed DNA evidence that was found on a knife allegedly used in the murder and on the clasp of Kercher's bra. The defense maintains that DNA traces were inconclusive, and also contended they may have been contaminated when analyzed.
    Whether Presiding Judge Claudio Pratillo Hellman will accept these requests will be closely watched as a possible indication of how he will handle the trial. As in the first trial, the verdict is up to the judge a fellow magistrate and a jury of six.
    If the court does admit new evidence and witnesses, then "the logical conclusion seems to be that they are not happy — I am not saying with the decision, but with the evidence that was collected in the first trial," Magrini said.
    The decision is not expected to be made on Wednesday but at later hearings.
    In their appeal motion, Knox's lawyers were sharply critical of the verdict, maintaining it was based on mere hypotheses and saying that "the motive, a fundamental aspect of a serious crime, is basically absent."
    They denounced an "obscene media campaign" against their client, accused police of focusing their investigation into the slaying on the assumption that Knox was guilty, and said the court made the same mistake.
    "The verdict is constructed almost as if to find the evidence to support a theory" they wrote in the motion.
    During the first trial, the prosecutors failed to provide a "smoking gun," and also lacked a motive.
    Prosecutors did present circumstantial evidence and forensic evidence linking both Knox and Sollecito to the crime, and the court in their verdict supported this evidence against the defense's claims. They described Knox as a manipulative, promiscuous woman whose personality clashed with Kercher's.
    In their December ruling, the judges said they found no inconsistencies in the prosecution's case. The killing was carried out without planning or animosity, but still it was the result of a brutal sexual assault, the court said in a document that was released in March and summed up the reasoning behind the verdict.
    According to the court's reconstruction of the night of the murder, Knox and Sollecito were at the house with a fourth person, Rudy Hermann Guede, an Ivory Coast citizen who has also been convicted of murder in separate proceedings. Guede's presence at the house was likely the result of a casual encounter, the court said.
    According to the document, Knox and Sollecito assisted Guede's sexual desire for Kercher, becoming her brutal assailants together with the Ivorian man and ultimately killing the 21-year-old when she resisted the sexual approach. The pair might have found Guede's sexual drive toward Kercher "exciting" or might have been under the influence of drugs, the document said.
    This largely aligns with the prosecution's case, which argued that once at the house, Knox and Kercher started arguing and the three brutally attacked and sexually assaulted the Briton, under "the fumes of drugs and possibly alcohol."
    Knox's defense argued that the American spent the night at Sollecito's house, watching a movie, smoking pot and having sex. Knox said she went home the next morning to find the door to the house open and Kercher dead.
    The defense has maintained Knox was not the she-devil depicted by the prosecution, but an innocent woman who had just started dating Sollecito and was hardly looking for an extreme sexual experience. Knox said she was friends with Kercher, and that her death shocked her.
    Knox's behavior in the aftermath of the killing came under scrutiny.
    Knox gave contradicting statements to police, originally saying she was in the house the night of the murder and accusing a Congolese man — in whose Perugia bar she worked — of being the murderer. She said at one point that she had covered her ears to drown out Kercher's screams as she was being murdered. The Congolese man was jailed but later cleared. Knox was convicted of defaming him, though she maintains that police pressure led her to initially accuse an innocent man.
    For that claim, Knox has recently been indicted on charges she slandered police in separate proceedings. If she is convicted in that trial, which begins in May, any prison sentence Knox receives would be added to her current sentence.
    The 26-year-old Sollecito, who reportedly won an engineering degree in prison recently, has also maintained his innocence. One if his lawyers, Luca Maori, said he is "hopeful but apprehensive." Guede, the Ivorian, has also denied killing Kercher, though he has admitted being in the house the night of the murder. His sentence to 30 years in prison was cut to 16 years on appeals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I know only the basics of this case, but if she/they didn't do it, why lie about where they were? Didn't she have about 15 stories?

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I know only the basics of this case, but if she/they didn't do it, why lie about where they were? Didn't she have about 15 stories?

Yep and they were all stupid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As this casee has gone on I have changed my opinion on what transpired that night. I believe that she may not have committed the actual murder but I think she was involved somehow. Her actions and alibis do not add up.

Her parents are not affluent. Her mom and dad are divorced. Her mom is a Seattle school teacher and both of her parents have mortgaged their homes and drained their retirement accounts. There are monthly fundraisers for Amanda's defense fund. There is no way they have the money to pay someone to testify like that.
    Last edited by Karma; 11-24-2010 at 07:53 AM.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Rosa Moline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    As this casee has gone on I have changed my opinion on what transpired that night. I believe that she may not have committed the actual murder but I think she was involved somehow. Her actions and alibis do not add up.

Her parents are not affluent. Her mom and dad are divorced. Her mom is a Seattle school teacher and both of her parents have mortgaged their homes and drained their retirement accounts. There are monthly fundraisers for Amanda's defense fund. There is no way they have the money to pay someone to testify like that.
    I think I've made it clear on where I stand on this - I DO believe that AK & RS are innocent & that this has been a botched investigation from day one.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you Karma ~ if AK and RS were involved, albeit to a lesser degree, I honestly think that after three years incarceration at least one of them would have "cracked" especially as it would probably get them some time off I would imagine. I think there's a very good chance that they'll be let out on appeal, the whole thing is VERY iffy. (JMO)

I think I've made it clear on where I stand on this - I DO believe that AK & RS are innocent & that this has been a botched investigation from day one.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you Karma ~ if AK and RS were involved, albeit to a lesser degree, I honestly think that after three years incarceration at least one of them would have "cracked" especially as it would probably get them some time off I would imagine. I think there's a very good chance that they'll be let out on appeal, the whole thing is VERY iffy. (JMO)

That is one thing I love about this forum Rosa. We can agree to disagree and no one gets mad. Good to post with you again!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Rosa Moline Guest
    That is one thing I love about this forum Rosa. We can agree to disagree and no one gets mad. Good to post with you again!
    awww...thanks! I'll try and post more often. Good to see ya, Karma! :-)

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    awww...thanks! I'll try and post more often. Good to see ya, Karma! :-)
    I second that! Karma, its nice to see you and others back here posting again.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    I second that! Karma, its nice to see you and others back here posting again.
    Thanks Frazzzld! I am very glad to be back.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

MrsE1981 Guest
    What does everyone think of the movie being made about the case? I believe it features the bird from Heroes as Amanda. Sorry I can't remember her name...

Rosa Moline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsE1981 View Post
    What does everyone think of the movie being made about the case? I believe it features the bird from Heroes as Amanda. Sorry I can't remember her name...
    Haydn Panietierre (sp?)

Not sure how I feel about the film - but I do think it's a little premature depending on the outcome of the appeal. I think they should have waited a couple of years, at least.

MrsE1981 Guest
    Haydn Panietierre (sp?)

Not sure how I feel about the film - but I do think it's a little premature depending on the outcome of the appeal. I think they should have waited a couple of years, at least.

That would be the one...

Yeah it does seem a bit premature, even by Hollywood standards... wonder whether it will bias towards her being guilty or wrongly convicted?

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsE1981 View Post
    That would be the one...

Yeah it does seem a bit premature, even by Hollywood standards... wonder whether it will bias towards her being guilty or wrongly convicted?
    I just hope they get the part of the botched detective work by the Italians right!

If Seattle has any influence it will bias toward wrongly convicted.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

motorpsycho Guest
    Felt like bumping this thread. Apparently, Amanda Knox is suing the producers of the movie for it to not show on TV.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...n7321624.shtml

(AP) ROME - Lawyers for U.S. student Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend, who were found guilty of killing Knox's British roommate in Italy, have formally demanded that U.S. television channel Lifetime scrap a planned film about their trial.

Attorneys Carlo Dalla Vedova and Luca Maori said Saturday they had sent letters to Lifetime warning they would go to U.S. court to try to sequester the film if it isn't canceled and a trailer removed from Lifetime's website.

"Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy," which features "Heroes" star Hayden Panettiere in the title role, is due to air Feb. 21.

There was no answer at Lifetime's New York offices Saturday.

Knox and ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were convicted in 2009 of sexually assaulting and murdering Meredith Kercher in the apartment she shared with Knox in the central Italian city of Perugia. Kercher was stabbed to death the night of Nov. 1, 2007.

Knox was sentenced to 26 years in prison; Sollecito 25 years. Both deny wrongdoing and their appeals trial is under way.

The film is based on the trial. A preview posted to Lifetime's website shows scenes from the run-up to the murder - including one split-second scene showing the actress playing Kercher, wearing a gray bra, being attacked by two men.

In its 2009 ruling, the Perugia court said that on the night of the murder Knox and Sollecito were at the house with a fourth person, Rudy Hermann Guede, an Ivory Coast citizen who has also been convicted of murder in separate proceedings.

The court said Knox and Sollecito assisted Guede's sexual desire for Kercher, becoming her brutal assailants together with Guede and ultimately killing her when she resisted the advances.

Already, the victim's father, Jon Kercher, has harshly criticized the re-enactment scenes as "absolutely horrific."

Knox's attorney Della Vedova said Saturday he had sent a warning Thursday to Lifetime to cancel the film and trailer, which on Saturday was not loading on the Lifetime website.

Sollecito's attorney Maori said the warning included a threat to go to court to sequester the film to ensure it wasn't aired. He said it presented scenes that were "beyond any logic" and hyped up to attract viewers.

DonnaMc Guest
    For some reason, I think she's innocent of murder. She's just a spoiled kid in another country involved in SOMETHING, but I don't think it was Meredith's murder - maybe coverup?
    Last edited by DonnaMc; 02-20-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Cool Lifetime Channel Movie on Amanda Knox

Is anyone planning to watch this? It will be on monday evening. Amanda's family is desperately trying to prevent it from airing. For that reason alone I want to watch.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

DonnaMc Guest
    I'll be watching...........

discod Guest
    and il be downloading as soon as its available..i think shes as guilty as sin x

I do too Disco. At first I thought there was a chance she wasn't guilty but all of the evidence proves otherwise to me.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Ted Challinor Guest
    ...just a small point here from someone who doesn't know that much about this case....but after reading UK reports of her being nicknamed 'Foxy Knoxy' on the internet amongst friends, and those reports intimating this nickname was perhaps generated because of her sexual adventures, I was shocked and intrigued to realise this was because of her distinctive way of running as a young teen when playing school football (soccer to many of you), and had nothing to do with being 'foxy' in any other way. This was bourne out from a tv documentary that showed some old video of her playing in a match aged 11 or 12 ....That certainly made me think again about how she has been reported in this case.....
    Of course, if she is innocent I do hope her appeal is successful.

What else to add? Well, of course if her guilt is turned over it once again proves the sheer stupidity of a potential Death Sentence for any crime in a thoughtful society.

Is anyone planning to watch this? It will be on monday evening. Amanda's family is desperately trying to prevent it from airing. For that reason alone I want to watch.
    I'm definately watching!

Oogie Boogie Guest
    I feel the same way about this movie as I did about "Blackhawk Down" and that movie in the theatres about 9/11 ("Flight 93", I think?). It's just too soon.

Crabby Appleton Guest
    I'm going to watch it, it's on Lifetime at 9:00

It's on, time to see what all the huffing and puffinh is about from her family and defense team. I'm still out on if she did it or not, I have just heard too many stories going both ways...

The movie, quite frankly, left me with the same questions...On one part they said that Meredith and Amanda's blood was mixed in 5 separate places in the house and then on the scene where the doctor was on the stand the defense team said there was not a shred of DNA evidence except the Rudy guy...And she said that was true. It seems to me that if there was 5 spots of DNA it would be a pretty solid case that she was in fact there and took part in it. But why the contradictions?

Anyway, the real victim in all this is Meredith Kercher. I don't know if this has been posted already or not, but here's a music video Meredith was in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B7qGMtyDIg

I recorded the movie but haven't watched yet. I don't know what to think about it. Sounds like this movie isn't going to help me with that.