Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder of Meredith Kercher/ Amanda Knox

Well I want what she was smoking :-).

Seriously though.. what kind of marijuana can make you just "forget" hearing someone being murdered or murdering someone themselves? Special alien marijuana? I strongly feel this girl is a manipulative sociopath and orchestrated this entire thing. When Meredith turned down the offer for group sex Amanda talked her boyfriend into helping her kill her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Moline View Post
    Verdict due around 4th December. Will be VERY interesting on the outcome. This has to be one of the most confusing crimes I've ever followed.

I don't suppose they have shown any of the trial on TV? Most likely not since its in Italy... but thought I would ask anyways.

Rosa Moline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    I don't suppose they have shown any of the trial on TV? Most likely not since its in Italy... but thought I would ask anyways.
    No, nothing on TV. But obviously photogs are allowed in the courtroom as there have been plenty of pictures inside. As I said, will be VERY interesting re: the outcome...I did read somewhere that the majority of Italians believe she is innocent (and Rafaele) I've followed this case avidly since day one.

Just catching up on this one ~ The dude Rudy who is already in the pokey ~ has he pointed any fingers anywhere else? Has he suggested it AK and her man?
    My Posse's On Broadway

Rosa Moline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Just catching up on this one ~ The dude Rudy who is already in the pokey ~ has he pointed any fingers anywhere else? Has he suggested it AK and her man?
    He has now! but he's changed his story at least three times already.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    No, nothing on TV. But obviously photogs are allowed in the courtroom as there have been plenty of pictures inside. As I said, will be VERY interesting re: the outcome...I did read somewhere that the majority of Italians believe she is innocent (and Rafaele) I've followed this case avidly since day one.
    I'm glad someone has been keeping up on it because I admit I have not. Although I will be interested in finding out the verdict. So please make sure to let us know once its made public.

Rosa Moline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    I'm glad someone has been keeping up on it because I admit I have not. Although I will be interested in finding out the verdict. So please make sure to let us know once its made public.
    Will do...although I have a horrible feeling this is going to drag on even more as Rafaele's lawyer has asked for a postponement to have appendix surgery...the verdict is expected around 4 Dec...but it's possible that Amanda & Rafaele will spend their 3rd Christmas behind bars if it's delayed yet again. Amanda's parents have optimistically purchased her a plane ticket back to Seattle for Christmas. Really feel this could either way to be honest.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Will do...although I have a horrible feeling this is going to drag on even more as Rafaele's lawyer has asked for a postponement to have appendix surgery...the verdict is expected around 4 Dec...but it's possible that Amanda & Rafaele will spend their 3rd Christmas behind bars if it's delayed yet again. Amanda's parents have optimistically purchased her a plane ticket back to Seattle for Christmas. Really feel this could either way to be honest.
    Geeze... time flies doesn't it? I hadn't realized it's been that long ago that this all happened. Hopefully the verdict will come before Christmas at least.

He has now! but he's changed his story at least three times already.
    Who is he pointing to? What were his previous statements?
    My Posse's On Broadway

Rosa Moline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Who is he pointing to? What were his previous statements?
    This is Rudy's version of events: He says that he and Meredith agreed to hook up, he went back to her place, started kissing which progressed to consensual sex...he was then stricken with stomach pains due to a bad kebab and sat on the toilet having a "number two" whilst listening to his ipod (as you do) his faeces were found in the unflushed toilet after the murder. Due to the ipod, he didn't hear M's screams, but when he emerged from the toilet he discovered a dying Meredith and saw a stranger run out of the apartment. He tried to stem M's wounds with towels but panicked and fled.
    Totally implausible. The story has now changed from the mysterious stranger fleeing into the night to Rudy witnessing Rafaele running away and now solely Amanda.

Rudy's DNA was everywhere: in the toilet, on and inside Meredith's body, on her purse etc; - in massive amounts. All they've found on Amanda & Rafaele is a miniscule amount of (possibly) Meredith's DNA on the blade of a knife found in Rafaele's apt and Amanda's on the handle...apparently the DNA is so tiny that it had to be amplified many times to get a reading and might not be accurate. What's more, an expert has testified that it isn't the knife used in the murder. Also a small amount of Rafaele's DNA on Meredith's bra clasp (as well as three other unknown people) SIX WEEKS after the murder it was found, having been kicked around. handled without gloves etc;

Verdict possibly due on Friday.

I bet she is going to be found guilty as hell.

Crabby Appleton Guest
    I think she'll be found guilty.

Rosa Moline Guest
    I'm hoping that they'll both be found not guilty.

Now I know I used to think Amanda Knox always seemed up herself and never seemed to stop smiling during the trail. I used to think she was guilty, her actions for me pointed to that but now I think she's not guilty. I might be wrong but still we have to wait and see.

GODDESS6 Guest
    no news yet?~ i have been switching to the news all day trying to find out~

tho i don't think this girl was an angel, i think she's innocent~

GODDESS6 Guest
    cnn just said the verdict is in & will be read live shortly~

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Im waiting to hear on this one too.. Im unsure about it all..

Crabby Appleton Guest
    verdict to be announced at 3:00pm PST, 6:00pm EST

http://www.king5.com/

Crabby Appleton Guest
    Guilty on all six counts!

both her and her boyfriend.

sentenced to 26 years.
    Last edited by Crabby Appleton; 12-04-2009 at 03:15 PM.

cachluv Guest
    Italian jury finds Amanda Knox guilty of murdering British roommate

From Richard Allen Greene, Hada Messia and Mallory Simon, CNN
    December 4, 2009 6:12 p.m. EST

Amanda Knox is led into court in Perugia, Italy, on Friday.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • Jurors deliberated for about 11 hours on Friday before reaching guilty verdict
    • "I fear to be defined as someone I am not," Knox told jury, denying guilt
    • Sollecito and Knox face life sentences if convicted of the slaying
    Watch live coverage of the verdict at 6 p.m. ET on CNN TV and CNN.com.
    Perugia, Italy (CNN) -- Amanda Knox was found guilty of murdering British roommate Meredith Kercher by a jury in Perugia, Italy, Friday night.
    Knox and Sollecito were charged with murder and sexual violence in the November 2007 stabbing death of Meredith Kercher. Knox and Kercher, both studying abroad, were roommates. A third suspect was found guilty in a separate trial.
    Watch live coverage of the verdict from Perugia, Italy, on CNN TV and CNN.com.
    Prosecutors argued Seattle, Washington native Amanda Knox was a resentful American so angry with her British roommate that she exacted revenge during a twisted sex misadventure at their home two years ago.

Interactive: The evidence

They said Knox directed Sollecito and another man infatuated with her, Rudy Guede, to hold Kercher down as Knox played with a knife before slashing Kercher's throat.
    Defense lawyers argued that Guede, who was convicted in a separate fast-track trial and is currently appealing his conviction, was the sole killer. On Thursday, Knox took the stand for a third time in the Perugia courtroom, telling jurors that she is not a "killer" who stabbed her former roommate.
    "They say that I am calm. I am not calm," Knox said in Italian. "I fear to lose myself, to have the mask of the killer forced upon me. I fear to be defined as someone I am not."Prosecutors touted an airtight case.
    They argued DNA on Kercher's bra clasp belonged to Sollecito. And the alleged murder weapon, a 6 ½-inch kitchen knife taken from Sollecito's home, had the DNA of Knox on the handle and Kercher on the blade, prosecutors said.
    During the trial, the defense cast doubt on the knife evidence, arguing it doesn't match the wounds on Kercher's body.
    And they said the bra clasp with Sollecito's DNA on it was left at the crime scene for weeks and is so contaminated that the evidence can't be considered credible.
    See the evidence against Knox and Sollecito
    Knox's family has argued she has been the victim of character assassination.
    Members of Kercher's family have declined repeated CNN requests for comment.
    Prosecutor Giuliano Mignini accused the defense of "lynching" the Italian police who worked on the case.
    Knox and Sollecito have been jailed for more than two years. The trial began in January in Perugia, a university town about 115 miles (185 kilometers) north of Rome.

Rosa Moline Guest
    Guilty. Shocked, but not surprised. Am still not convinced of guilt.

Just seeing this live on CNN guilty on all charges.
    This is why I love breaking news.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 12-04-2009 at 03:25 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

cachluv Guest
    ---I feel the same way, Rosa.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I am not sure about this but it is a foreign country and they can do as they want. 26 yrs? Wonder how long they have to serve?

I read some of her stories. She's batshit insane. Even if she didn't do it America is better off with her in prison in Italy.
    The cruel, uneventful state
    of apathy releases me
    I value them but I won't cry every time one's wiped out

This is Rudy's version of events: He says that he and Meredith agreed to hook up, he went back to her place, started kissing which progressed to consensual sex...he was then stricken with stomach pains due to a bad kebab and sat on the toilet having a "number two" whilst listening to his ipod (as you do) his faeces were found in the unflushed toilet after the murder.
    I can't help but find this humorous. What a douche! So, he's supposedly getting ready to do it with a chick, gets poopie squirts, leaves it in the toilet without flushing and goes back in for more lovin' with a stinking turd in the toilet ? People are supposed to believe that?

I am with you. I feel so sorry for her. I also feel sorry for Meredith family, losing your daugther must be hell but like I said, at the start I thought she was guilty but not now.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I am not sure about this but it is a foreign country and they can do as they want. 26 yrs? Wonder how long they have to serve?

They do have days off with good behavior and things like that, from what Ive seen the best bet for her will be within her appeal process or to have an exchange with the US so that she can serve the time in the US for the trade of someone whos jailed here.

Rosa Moline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lardass View Post
    I read some of her stories. She's batshit insane. Even if she didn't do it America is better off with her in prison in Italy.

I don't agree. If you're referring to the fiction she wrote on her Myspace/Facebook imagine if we were accused of a murder and it was discovered that we belonged to a website called "findadeath" the media would have a field day! if she's innocent, no-one deserves to be locked up for having a rich imagination. I hope you're never in the position of having to decide someone's fate.

I think she was involved in some way , even if it was just covering up . But we'll never know .
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

I think she was involved. She is insane....

trishsixxm Guest
    All I heard about his was oh poor AK she couldn't have done this! Her parents are interviewed. May I remind them that they still have their daughter someone else lost their daughter brutally.

Quote Originally Posted by trishsixxm View Post
    All I heard about his was oh poor AK she couldn't have done this! Her parents are interviewed. May I remind them that they still have their daughter someone else lost their daughter brutally.
    I think they know that. They also lost a child who in jail now. Both families have lost people, sure Amanda is not dead. To me it's sad for both families.

Sam Guest
    Hell, after O.J. and Robert Blake, I think everyone should be allowed at leat one, or two, murders and get a "get out of jail free" card.

Guest Guest
    In court, defense lawyers tried to portray AK as a clean cut American girl. If she is really guilty, then I'm not too keen on meeting a 'clean cut' U.S. girl.

I don't agree. If you're referring to the fiction she wrote on her Myspace/Facebook imagine if we were accused of a murder and it was discovered that we belonged to a website called "findadeath" the media would have a field day! if she's innocent, no-one deserves to be locked up for having a rich imagination. I hope you're never in the position of having to decide someone's fate.
    Lighten up Francis.
    The cruel, uneventful state
    of apathy releases me
    I value them but I won't cry every time one's wiped out

37. 12-07-2009, 03:13 PM

I love how now there is an American senator trying to get Hilary Clinton to do something about it because she seems to think the Italian legal system is inferior to the American legal system. Anyhow, the jury should release their statement on how they came to the verdict in the next 86 days so that will be interesting to read.

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    I think they know that. They also lost a child who in jail now. Both families have lost people, sure Amanda is not dead. To me it's sad for both families.
    Spooky, you and I usually agree on things, but on this one I have to respectfully disagree. Amanda being in prison and Meredith being butchered don't even compare. The Knox family have access to Amanda, they can see her, they can speak to her, they can interact with her, and it is possible that after an appeal, they will have her back.

Meredith's family never will. All they have is memories and the knowledge that their loved one suffered a slow and painful death at the hands of more than one person.

On a different note altogether, the Kercher family said the morning after the verdict that they had been privy to some information that had not been made public when they were asked whether they felt that the case agains Knox and Sollecito had been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and Mereidith's Mum said that knowing all that they know about everything, they were satisfied. Wonder what it was that wasn't publicised?? Maybe it was the smoking gun.....guess we will never know. Personally, I think that at best, Miss Knox was there and was involved, and that being the case, the correct verdict was returned.

Rosa Moline Guest
    Interesting, the papers are changing their stance...all the reasons listed are why I've had doubt about this case all along. Ironic after two years of character assassinating Amanda. Because she's female they really had it in for her from day one (never understand why that is) and Rudy & Raf got off lightly, IMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rs-murder.html

punklove Guest
    Interesting, the papers are changing their stance...all the reasons listed are why I've had doubt about this case all along. Ironic after two years of character assassinating Amanda. Because she's female they really had it in for her from day one (never understand why that is) and Rudy & Raf got off lightly, IMO.

Just as a note Ive only read bits about this case, but reading the article you just posted something makes me curious:

"The court heard evidence that suggested the knife could not have made two of the three slash wounds to Meredith's neck. Furthermore, it did not match the bloody imprint of a knife left on bedclothes at the scene.

How police 'discovered' the knife has also raised eyebrows - it was selected from several owned by Sollecito that were in his kitchen cutlery drawer.

Officers testified that there was a strong smell of bleach in the apartment and that the knife looked exceptionally clean. Using 'police intuition', they decided it might be of interest, despite the fact it had no visible stains or notable characteristics."

Im sorry if Im asking things that are a bit silly or covered, Ive tried to read over this thread, but since it was in this article that confused me I thought Id ask now!

So, they come into the home and find the knife that they think is the murder knife in the drawer with all the other kitchen knives because it was 'exceptionally' clean? It seems from the wording of this article that they looked in that drawer and found one knife that seemed really clean and then thought that could be it? Did they empty the drawer and taket hem all or just the one they thought looked really clean? Which, by the way, that doesnt make much sense to me either? Wouldnt they all be 'exceptionally' clean since they are in the drawer?

Ive been watching the stuff since the verdict and I have to wonder why her parents are bashing the italian government on tv and stuff.. It just doesnt seem to be the smartest thing to do.

heaven01uk Guest
    Personally I think shes right where she needs to be. Locked up.

Perdi Guest
    That confused me too, Punk, but I guess we don't know the condition of other knives in the drawer. I guess if the others were a bit manky (boys + washing up can sometimes lead to 'intersting' results) and this one was gleaming, then yeah it would stand out as being 'too clean' and I can totally understand how, in the circumstances that may appear a wee bit suspicious.

I don't know, and until all the information on stuff like this is released, I guess we can't say for defo. Some stuff that looks confusing could be very easily explained when you look at it from a slightly different perspective! But till that info is officially released, I guess we won't know for definite. Maybe this is the stuff that Meredith's family were talking about when they said that they were privy to info that hadn't been released??
    Last edited by Perdi; 12-09-2009 at 05:17 AM.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    Personally I think shes right where she needs to be. Locked up.
    Though its not all that fair that I voice an opinion when Ive not read all the pages yet, something about her story just doesnt add up and typically that means someone is being dishonest.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    That confused me too, Punk, but I guess we don't know the condition of other knives in the drawer. I guess if the others were a bit manky (boys + washing up can sometimes lead to 'intersting' results) and this one was gleaming, then yeah it would stand out as being 'too clean' and I can totally understand how, in the circumstances that may appear a wee bit suspicious.

I don't know, and until all the information on stuff like this is released, I guess we can't say for defo. Some stuff that looks confusing could be very easily explained when you look at it from a slightly different perspective! But till that info is officially released, I guess we won't know for definite. Maybe this is the stuff that Meredith's family were talking about when they said that they were privy to info that hadn't been released??
    It just seems weird that they would look in the drawer and just assume a knife was the one because it was clean, when its unlikely that it would be the only 'clean' knife in the drawer, maybe they meant it was wet?

It would just make more sense to me if they took the entire drawer and allowed the ME to attempt to see if any of them matched her wounds. Apparently that knife didnt match.

Perdi Guest
    I think there is far more than is being reported. I guess writing that 'out of a drawer of slightly manky knives, one sparkled like it was new and stank of bleach' wouldn't be as news worthy.

Then again I may be totally wrong.

Re the knife, the defense claimed that the knife did not match 2 of the 3 wounds on Merediths neck. They fail to mention the third. If 3 people were involved in her murder, is it beyone the realms of possibility that there is more than 1 knife involved??? Dunno, just a thought, and like I say I could be wrong.

I think there is too much info to say that she was involved for her to not be. How deep her involvement goes I don't know, but I really think she was there and that she had something to do with it

discod Guest
    Hmm after reading the page on crimejunkies.com i am convinced of their innocence.I think Rudy went over the the apartment,tried to force himself on Meredith,she refused and fought back and he killed her.
    Although Amanda is a tad weird in her ways it does not make her a murderer,i hope they can at least get a re trial and sort this out

Rosa Moline Guest
    Re: Knife, whilst we're on the subject - IF that was THE knife & Amanda & Raffaele were guilty, rather than clean it up and put it back in the drawer, wouldn't it have made sense that they would have disposed it it elsewhere? i.e in a hard-to-find place? after all, the cottage was on a hillside/ravine, they could have buried it or dropped it down.

Perdi Guest
    The knife was found in Sollecito's apartment, so maybe they thought that was hidden enough, after all, the murder took place at Meredith and Amanda's apartment.

I don't know that any of us can read anything into the why they did any of the things they did. After all, if they are innocent, why, when they were initially questioned, didn't they just say that they were together at the time of the murder at Sollecito's, instead of spinning all the yarns that they did? We know Knox changed her story at least 3 times before settling on the 'I was at his apartment with him' story that the defence used at trial. Surely they must have realised how bad this would look for them??

I'm just a firm believer that if you are innocent there is no reason for you to have to lie and make up stories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Frazzzld Kat Guest

I hate to even say this but I don't think it was just because she was female. Something tells me it has to do with her being American too. I could be wrong though.

Does anyone know if Italian court is the same as here? Where the jury needs to believe without a doubt that she is guilty? To me it seemed that there wasn't enough evidence to say it was beyond a reasonable doubt. But I don't know the rules of Italian court.

I sure hope they do a document release (like Florida does). It would be nice to know all the facts instead of having to rely on the news media.

That knife should not even been allowed into evidence unless it matched identically to the size of the imprint on the sheet and cuts on Meredith. It says a lot about how their police work. The knife could have been newer then the others in the drawer and that is why it looked cleaner as well. And because the apartment smelled of bleach... so what? I know a few guys that are clean freaks so to me that doesn't point to guilt or wrong doing either. Everyone has their own way of cleaning and what they use to do it.

Sam, I like the "get out of jail free card" idea... that made me laugh.