Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skylar Deleon Yacht Murders

RaRaRamona Guest

Skylar Deleon Yacht Murders

This was the guy who was a child actor & pretended to be interested in buying a yacht from a retiring couple but, with his wife, really planned on killing them. After being sentenced he apparently tried to have his own father killed.

<<Retired probation officer Thomas Hawks and his wife Jackie were living a life most people dreamed of: sailing around the Pacific Ocean on their 55-foot yacht while mulling over which property to purchase in Mexico. They wanted a land base to spend more time with their children and planned on selling the boat.

Then on Nov. 15, 2004, they made a fatal mistake. The Hawkses agreed to take potential buyer Skylar Deleon, 27, his pregnant wife Jennifer, 25 and a few friends out for a test ride off the coast of Newport Beach, California. But Deleon â?? a former child actor who appeared in the television series "Power Rangers" â?? had other plans. Several miles out to sea, the couple was attacked with a stun gun and tied to the yacht's anchor. They were thrown overboard alive and have never been found.>>

I never watched anything this guy was in but he was such a good looking kid. What was he thinking?? His wife was beautiful too. I say "was" b/c who knows how look after a few years in the pokey.

Jaxxx Guest
    God, for a Yacht? What a brutal thing to do to another human being, SOB, hope he rots

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I remember this case being dramatized on television ("Unsolved Mysteries," perhaps?) several years ago.
    I was appalled then and still am...what a disgusting sociopathic creep.
    Hope the asshole rots in prison.

Lisamarie Guest
    I must say that girl looks like real bitch and to think she brought along her infant daughter and was knocked up with another one...what a horrible person. To bring children into this world when you are screwing a killer......how could they be so cruel to two people who look so nice . Ill bet she gets off though....we have another Karla Homolaka battered woman defence I can hear it already..he made me do I was afraid for my babies life......bla..bla ..bla..I hope they rot.And yeah he is a pretty boy..I hope they pass his ass around in jail .

Lisamarie Guest
    anyone know who he played in power rangers ??

meryn Guest
    According to Wikipedia:

While Deleon claimed (and news reports said) Deleon was once a star on Power Rangers, Deleon appeared only once as featured extra Roger on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, which aired May 4, 1994.

Lisamarie Guest
    what a dickhead.

Lisamarie Guest
    wanna hear soemthing weird....after I read this thread I went about my day...but I dreamed of the murdered lady..she was talking to me about her head hitting the side of the boat as she was sinking and she was pissed and was wearing what she had on in that pic of her with her husband....she looked just like her pics and was angry in my dream....I know its just my imaginations but I woke up in a cold sweat anyway.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    wanna hear soemthing weird....after I read this thread I went about my day...but I dreamed of the murdered lady..she was talking to me about her head hitting the side of the boat as she was sinking and she was pissed and was wearing what she had on in that pic of her with her husband....she looked just like her pics and was angry in my dream....I know its just my imaginations but I woke up in a cold sweat anyway.
    That's awesome! Esp the part about her telling you her head hit the side. It would be interesting to find out if that detail was true.

Lisamarie Guest
    I know !! Weird huh!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Ha! This guy (person) calls him the Mighty Morphin Murderer. I think that's special.
    http://8763wonderland.wordpress.com/...phin-murderer/

The wife's mom has custody of the children. The son of the victims tried to convince the wife to give them up for adoption so they'd never know their parents were murderers.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299837,00.html

Just so freaking sad.

Maruz83 Guest
    Pathetic ! Why kill some one while your wife is preggos !!!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Stun gunned them and threw them overboard alive.

Brutal.

Lisamarie Guest
    well keep in mind she stuck with him..I think she is as guilty as him...I mean he murdered those poor innocent people and she just watched and went on the run with him. To even allow yourself to get knocked up in a situation like that is so digusting to me...she must have known he was unstable......and yet you have his children and defend him after me murdered two people in cold blood. Thanks for beringing to babies that will be traumatized not to mention parentless( she prolly get off) but still what a great start they have.

tarsier Guest
    My sister got the book I couldn't read it as the case wasn't yet resolved but just from what I followed of it I'm ti\orn between thinking they were total dumbasses and/or complete scumbags. Maybe they are both because this is definitely one of the dumbest motives for murder I've ever heard they couldn't have seriously believed they would get away with it; just how do you fence a yatch anyway let alone hide one in the garage.

Seagorath Guest
    This guy was just a thug loser...I find the rangerboard to be rather funny...

http://rangerboard.com/showthread.ph...kylar%20Deleon

I think I'm confusing him with the kid from Pee Wee's Big Adventure that murdered his kid's mother with a barbell. Remember that? It's been on "America's Most Wanted".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Seagorath Guest
    A kid actor from "Midnight Madness" (starring Michael J. Fox) also became a murderer...it was mentioned in an Eddie Deezen interview I read in Shock Cinama magazine...When I find more information I will post it...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081159/

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    My sister got the book I couldn't read it as the case wasn't yet resolved but just from what I followed of it I'm ti\orn between thinking they were total dumbasses and/or complete scumbags. Maybe they are both because this is definitely one of the dumbest motives for murder I've ever heard they couldn't have seriously believed they would get away with it; just how do you fence a yatch anyway let alone hide one in the garage.
    Well, they took their baby to make the couple trust t hem. She was also pregnant at the time. So I'm leaning toward scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    This guy was just a thug loser...I find the rangerboard to be rather funny...

http://rangerboard.com/showthread.ph...kylar%20Deleon
    I find it rather disturbing! Are they for reals??

A kid actor from "Midnight Madness" (starring Michael J. Fox) also became a murderer...it was mentioned in an Eddie Deezen interview I read in Shock Cinama magazine...When I find more information I will post it...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081159/
    I LOVED that movie! I always wanted to do that someday. Ha!
    Last edited by RaRaRamona; 06-27-2008 at 10:11 AM.

pattykad Guest
    I read the book a couple months ago. They were tied to the
    anchor and thrown over. She did violently hit the side of the
    boat going over. I cannot imagine the terror they lived through
    in their last minutes.

These kids were pure evil.

Lisamarie Guest
    whaaaaatttttt!!!!!!!! Man I had shivers go down my spine !!! What a way to go!

I find the rangerboard to be rather funny...
    In the interest of full disclosure, my 16 year old son belongs to that board. He didn't post in that thread, though. I checked the user names!

SinKittyVixen Guest
    What an a-hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Maruz83 View Post

Ummmm, why kill someone at all?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

It wasn't just their yacht he was after. Before he killed them, he had them sign powers of attorney giving him access to all their money, and they even had to put their thumbprints on some document. And yes, the wife was in it just as deeply as Skylar. I just finished reading Vanished At Sea about this case and I couldn't put it down. Unfortunately for Skylar and his wife, they weren't very smart about anything they did. They're never gonna breathe free air again, though, so at least they're where they belong. Nah, come to think of it, they belong at the bottom of the ocean.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    I hope they pass his ass around in jail .

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    I want some of whatever you took that day Lisa...

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruz83 View Post
    Why kill someone at ANY TIME? LOL

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    To even allow yourself to get knocked up in a situation like that is so digusting to me....
    Yeah, she should have just swallowed...

A-train Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Castellano View Post
    It wasn't just their yacht he was after. Before he killed them, he had them sign powers of attorney giving him access to all their money, and they even had to put their thumbprints on some document. And yes, the wife was in it just as deeply as Skylar. I just finished reading Vanished At Sea about this case and I couldn't put it down. Unfortunately for Skylar and his wife, they weren't very smart about anything they did. They're never gonna breathe free air again, though, so at least they're where they belong. Nah, come to think of it, they belong at the bottom of the ocean.

They gave the guy power of attorney? Why in blue blazes would they have done that?

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    After being sentenced he apparently tried to have his own father killed.
    Man. If he will plan to kill dear ol dad he could probably kill anybody and stop at nothing.

Any details what he was after or why the plot?

Then on Nov. 15, 2004, they made a fatal mistake. The Hawkses agreed to take potential buyer Skylar Deleon, 27, his pregnant wife Jennifer, 25 and a few friends out for a test ride off the coast of Newport Beach, California. But Deleon â?? a former child actor who appeared in the television series "Power Rangers" â?? had other plans. Several miles out to sea, the couple was attacked with a stun gun and tied to the yacht's anchor. They were thrown overboard alive and have never been found.
    How did they get away with this with the other friends on board?

And the anchor is attached to the boat. So how did the unfortunate couple get lost at sea?

GrinReaper Guest

What the heck?

Does it seem like to anybody else that there are quite a few child stars with such messed up problems or lives?

What is that all about?

pattykad Guest
    I'll try and answer some question from what I remember.

The boat had two anchors. One of the investigating cops called a
    friend of his who had a shady past and told him the story of the missing
    couple. His "friend" told him to check the boat to see if it had had
    two anchors...he was thinking like a criminal....and sure enough it had.

The friends Skylar and his wfe brought along came to asisst them in the
    final dead. Scumbags all.

They were FORCED to give them power of attorney...I can't remember if
    they brought guns but it was not by choice.

Sadly the couple had become suspicious of this young couple wanting
    to buy their boat. Their instincts were right but they were thrown
    off by him bringing his wife and child around.

And as I recall, Skylar was very "pretty" for a guy, so yes, he might
    be very popular in prison. We can only hope.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by A-train View Post
    They gave the guy power of attorney? Why in blue blazes would they have done that?
    To stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Does it seem like to anybody else that there are quite a few child stars with such messed up problems or lives?

What is that all about?
    He reportedly had an uncredited part as an extra in one episode.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2117623/

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Man. If he will plan to kill dear ol dad he could probably kill anybody and stop at nothing.

Any details what he was after or why the plot?
    I don't remember that. I'll have to look it up.

RaRaRamona Guest

Seagorath Guest
    I hope he gets raped and killed in prison...honestly...

Here's an article about him that I saw in the OC Register today, betcha can't wait to see what he did now...
    http://crime.freedomblogging.com/200...ry-on-his-own/

And another one...
    http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_9846250
    Last edited by Morty; 07-11-2008 at 09:47 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Maruz83 Guest
    WOW !!!!!!!!! he tried to cut off his own penis !!!!!! Sick Sick Sick man !!!

Seagorath Guest
    ...and he even didn't get a cool "action-figure" issued in his likeness...he SUCKED...

Guest Guest
    what a loser

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Here's an article about him that I saw in the OC Register today, betcha can't wait to see what he did now...
    http://crime.freedomblogging.com/200...ry-on-his-own/

And another one...
    http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_9846250
    Umm....

Maruz83 Guest

Wink

...and he even didn't get a cool "action-figure" issued in his likeness...he SUCKED...

Well it's a good thing because now you'd have to change it in for a PINK POWER RANGER !

Just heard about this story for the first time today, and of course I knew I'd find great info in here. Thanks guys. : )

Chunga Guest
    they lived by me here in ohio

TheMysterian Guest

Jury Convicts Southern California Man in Yacht Killings Case

RaRaRamona Guest
    LOL This is my favorite part of the entire article:

Deleon is a former child actor who allegedly boasted that he was a star on the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" but apparently had only a small part in one episode.

Skylar does have a thread though

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4851

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    This was the guy who was a child actor & pretended to be interested in buying a yacht from a retiring couple but, with his wife, really planned on killing them. After being sentenced he apparently tried to have his own father killed.

<<Retired probation officer Thomas Hawks and his wife Jackie were living a life most people dreamed of: sailing around the Pacific Ocean on their 55-foot yacht while mulling over which property to purchase in Mexico. They wanted a land base to spend more time with their children and planned on selling the boat.

Then on Nov. 15, 2004, they made a fatal mistake. The Hawkses agreed to take potential buyer Skylar Deleon, 27, his pregnant wife Jennifer, 25 and a few friends out for a test ride off the coast of Newport Beach, California. But Deleon â?? a former child actor who appeared in the television series "Power Rangers" â?? had other plans. Several miles out to sea, the couple was attacked with a stun gun and tied to the yacht's anchor. They were thrown overboard alive and have never been found.>>

I never watched anything this guy was in but he was such a good looking kid. What was he thinking?? His wife was beautiful too. I say "was" b/c who knows how look after a few years in the pokey.
    OMG how cruel. What a terrible way to die. How horrible....what the hell is wrong with people?????

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    wow, you never know who is a killer. They look like a normal young couple. You can't trust anybody in today's world

annannanna Guest
    I just heard about this today. Creepy. Wasn't he the green power ranger?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by annannanna View Post
    I just heard about this today. Creepy. Wasn't he the green power ranger?
    No, he was an extra in one episode forever ago. He didn't have any lines and he wasn't even listed int he credits. Ha!